Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Aug 26, 2014 9:53 AM
Dec 2013
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

Did he sidestep the giant laser sword that vaporized his castle?

It will be total asspull if he is alive. Just please the fans but totally bad writing.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time we've seen bad writing and wouldn't be the last. They are human after all. Though I agree it would be pretty ridiculous, but they could just add new lines for him in the screenplay, and voila he's back in the story. Somehow. With an equally outlandish explanation.
Aug 26, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
Did he sidestep the giant laser sword that vaporized his castle?

I think if Saatzbaum wanted to be 100% sure he killed Cruhteo, he would have stepped on him instead of flailing around with his laser. All we can see that he struck the castle, but from our view angle it is difficult to say, if the laser hit Cruhteo directly or not and after that the rubble and dust covered him.
nirunaruAug 26, 2014 10:07 AM
Aug 26, 2014 9:58 AM
Jul 2011
TheMeatwad said:
HopeLight said:

This is a good time to remind users of his official feelings:

http://i.imgur.com/XcxXJAE.jpg

Slaine--> Asseylum (loyalty)

The red arrow significance is unknown yet. It might indicate romantic interest or affection, but what matters the most to Slaine is his devotion to his princess which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.

Thanks for that character relationship info HopeLight, some good insight in there. Seems like no official romance planned (yet?).

I said this last time I posted it, the color might indicate romantic feelings. The relationship is being pushed as lady & vassal/knight because their official working relationship is master/servant -also used for lady/knight- The loyalty creates a 'courtly love' vibe between them. This increases romance because of troupes and he's not given the label of childhood friend.

But you're correct, romance takes a secondary backseat to fierce loyalty.
Aug 26, 2014 9:58 AM
Dec 2013
nirunaru said:
Seriously I have learned from movies and animes to not trust anybody has died until I have seen the body. These supposedly dead characters popping up are very common...

Nirunaru, I've lost count how many times we've removed or killed characters off in a show, only to have the client/director/agent protest or change their mind about it and we've had to make up some bs to bring them back.
Aug 26, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
I hope, really hope that Asseylum will take Shirou's route in UBW. She is one idealistic child now, with the wish to make something impossible. She should realize that reality is cruel and change her idea to fit with reality. That's the most interesting and reasonable way for her to grow up. She have to take down the system that her grandfather built, eliminate her people's power, so that "peace" can be made and "justice" can be done.

Furthermore, in this way, both boys can affect her in their own way.

She already willing to fight, reveal herself to help the Terrans. She already realize the cruelty of this war, partly (although she is still too innocent). I hope this is a good start.

Or am I hoping too much?
Aug 26, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
TheMeatwad said:
Well, it wouldn't be the first time we've seen bad writing and wouldn't be the last. They are human after all. Though I agree it would be pretty ridiculous, but they could just add new lines for him in the screenplay, and voila he's back in the story. Somehow. With an equally outlandish explanation.

Hmm... If he is alive, it is because Saatzbaum didn't want to kill him, just get Slaine and delay him.
Aug 26, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
TheMeatwad said:
I've lost count how many times we've removed or killed characters off in a show, only to have the client/director/agent protest or change their mind about it and we've had to make up some bs to bring them back.

Lol. So even if you see the body, it isn't enough. :DDDDD
nirunaruAug 26, 2014 10:06 AM
Aug 26, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
I hope, really hope that Asseylum will take Shirou's route in UBW.

Hmm... I have seen the show, but remind me a bit what was Shirou's route...

chickenonthepan said:
Or am I hoping too much?

It is possible. :) But don't give up just yet. :)
Aug 26, 2014 10:06 AM
Dec 2013
nirunaru said:
TheMeatwad said:
I've lost count how many times we've removed or killed characters off in a show, only to have the client/director/agent protest or change their mind about it and we've had to make up some bs to bring them back.

Lol. So even if see the body, it isn't enough. :DDDDD

The joke around the office when we're complaining about it is that, "It's part of the creative process."
Aug 26, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
TheMeatwad said:
nirunaru said:

Lol. So even if see the body, it isn't enough. :DDDDD

The joke around the office when we're complaining about it is that, "It's part of the creative process."

Okay... So I'm still thinking that to kill Cruhteo absolutely surely, Saatzbaum should have first stepped on him. Then check that there actually is a body. And after that he can play with his laser just to be sure that Cruhteo has been obliterated.

I think it would be difficult to bring him back.... Then again... maybe he got the wrong man. And Cruhteo still makes his miraculous come back.

You have my sympathies. -_-'''
Aug 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
HopeLight said:
nirunaru said:

Well I would say that there are people who have tried to present valid arguments to back up their opinion about Slaine x Asseylum. After all, this is about speculating about romantic inclinations in this show. :) ( At least while there isn't any official pairings in the show)

But pitch in your opinion: why do you think Slaine is obsessed in more detail, I'm definitely interested. :) That way we can have better discussion about it. Topic stays interesting, if there are more people with different kinds of opinions.

This is a good time to remind users of his official feelings:

http://i.imgur.com/XcxXJAE.jpg

Slaine--> Asseylum (loyalty)

The red arrow significance is unknown yet. It might indicate romantic interest or affection, but what matters the most to Slaine is his devotion to his princess which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.

Where did you get that image? I whish it was complete and translate ^.^
Aug 27, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2014
Maryruss said:

I'm really slow at translating: I understand quite well spoken language and hiraganas, but every kanji causes excruciating pain.

The arrows are:

Slaine -> Cruhteo:
父を亡くし身 を 寄せる (父 = father, 亡くす= to lose, 身= one's place; one's position, 寄せる= to come close)

I think this translates roughly, that after Slaine's father died, Cruhteo's and Slaine's relationship became closer... (Edit: Guess this can be considered more as a speculation ->) Cruhteo is sort of father figure to Slaine. Am I completely wrong?

Cruhteo -> Slaine:
地球人ごときが (地球人= earthling, ごとき= same as)

I think this part is quite clear.

Asseylum <-> Slaine:
主従関係 (主従 = master and servant, 関係 = relationship)

Slaine -> Asseylum:
忠誠心 = loyalty, faithfulness

Edit: Forgot the arrow between Slaine and Yuki's head...
Earth <-> Vers (I assume):
戦争中 (戦争= war, 中= inside;in)
nirunaruAug 27, 2014 6:27 AM
Aug 27, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
Asseylum Vers Allusia:
火星の独立国家 ヴァース帝国の皇女.
The imperial princess of planet Mars' independent states of Vers. (something like that...)

火星生まれの火星育ち. (生まれ = birth place, 育ち = growth)
Has been born and raised in Mars.

Slaine Troyard:

火星に暮らす地球人.
Earthling that lives on Mars.

研究者の父を亡くし, (研究者 = researcher)
After his researcher father died,

火星騎士の元に仕えている. (騎士 = knight, 仕える = to work; to attend; to serve)
he has served under Mars' knights.

Parts about Cruhteo are a bit too blurry for me. 火星人 = martian and 伯 = count. I don't think there is anything interesting in there.
nirunaruAug 27, 2014 1:58 PM
Aug 27, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
Asseylum Vers Allusia:
火星の独立国家 ヴァース帝国の皇女.
The imperial princess of planet Mars' independent states of Vers. (something like that...)

火星生まれの火星育ち. (生まれ = birth place, 育ち = growth)
Has been born and raised in Mars.

Slaine Troyard:

火星に暮らす地球人.
Earthling that lives on Mars.

研究者の父を亡くし, (研究者 = researcher)
After his researcher father died,

火星騎士の元に仕えている. (騎士 = knight, 仕える = to work; to attend)
has gone back to serve Mars' knights? (I am not sure about this last part. :D)

Parts about Cruhteo are a bit too blurry for me. 火星人 = martian and 伯 = count. I don't think there is anything interesting in there.

Thank you very much :D
Aug 27, 2014 11:50 AM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
Maryruss said:

I'm really slow at translating: I understand quite well spoken language and hiraganas, but every kanji causes excruciating pain.

The arrows are:

Slaine -> Cruhteo:
父を亡くし身 を 寄せる (父 = father, 亡くす= to lose, 身= one's place; one's position, 寄せる= to come close)

I think this translates roughly, that after Slaine's father died, Cruhteo's and Slaine's relationship became closer... (Edit: Guess this can be considered more as a speculation ->) Cruhteo is sort of father figure to Slaine. Am I completely wrong?

Cruhteo -> Slaine:
地球人ごときが (地球人= earthling, ごとき= same as)

I think this part is quite clear.

Asseylum <-> Slaine:
主従関係 (主従 = master and servant, 関係 = relationship)

Slaine -> Asseylum:
忠誠心 = loyalty, faithfulness

Edit: Forgot the arrow between Slaine and Yuki's head...
Earth <-> Vers (I assume):
戦争中 (戦争= war, 中= inside;in)

That's correct. Yuki-Slaine 'arrow' is more Vers and Earth block arrows. Green color arrow seems to be animosity?

The source seems to be Archivez, but I'm not sure.
Aug 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Thinking about it, I think Inaho hooking up with the princess would be best for both his and Slaine's development.
It'd be interesting to see Inaho forming a bond with someone (or at least more interesting that how he is now) and as for Slaine, he could start becoming less of a one-dimensional character obsessed with Hime-sama's lips.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 27, 2014 12:12 PM
Jul 2011
There's nothing wrong with Slaine's characterization that can't be solved by making him interact with people who aren't shooting at him or treating him like garbage.
Aug 27, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
There's nothing wrong with Slaine's characterization that can't be solved by making him interact with people who aren't shooting at him or treating him like garbage.

Rofl

Edit: I agree. :D

geralt said:
It'd be interesting to see Inaho forming a bond with someon

I think for Inaho, it would be really great if he and Slaine got to know each other better. I think it would be refreshing for both of them. :) But until then...
nirunaruAug 27, 2014 3:40 PM
Aug 27, 2014 12:17 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:

Rofl

Edit: I agree. :D

Thanks. He's willing to speak to people and is thoughtful with others who aren't Asseylum, but he's surrounded by a hostile environment.
Aug 27, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
Green color arrow seems to be animosity?

You mean the blue colored arrow? Green was loyalty with Asseylum. :)

Edit: Lol... Seems I also remembered wrong. Green was the master/servant arrow. /facepalm
nirunaruAug 27, 2014 2:09 PM
Aug 27, 2014 12:26 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:
Green color arrow seems to be animosity?

You mean the blue colored arrow? Green was loyalty with Asseylum. :)

Yes, forgive me, I didn't double check.

Green is for Master/Servant. Red for loyalty ( red = affection?).
Aug 27, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
geralt said:
It'd be interesting to see Inaho forming a bond with someone (or at least more interesting that how he is now)

Yes it would be interesting, though at the point only one he has been regularly connecting is Asseylum. Rayert would be the second possibility, but they haven't had much screen time together. Inko is frinedzoned by Inaho. :D

HopeLight said:
Yes, forgive me, I didn't double check.

Don't worry. I was a short while a bit confused: to be sure I had to check from dictionary that animosity was what I thought it was. :D

HopeLight said:
Green is for Master/Servant. Red for loyalty ( red = affection?).

Or red is more personal feeling. But yes, it might be affection.

Edit: or the simple interpretation is blue is cold, red is warm. So positive feelings are marked with red, negative with blue.
nirunaruAug 27, 2014 3:37 PM
Aug 29, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
Any other new pairings?

I suggest Cruhteo x whip.
Aug 29, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
Any other new pairings?

CruhteoxFem
Aug 29, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
Maryruss said:
nirunaru said:
Any other new pairings?

CruhteoxFem

United in death, huh.

Would their pair include the whip? ;)
Aug 29, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
Maryruss said:

CruhteoxFem

United in death, huh.

Cruhteo and whip must be unseparable. So that would be a love triangle.
Aug 29, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
nirunaru said:

United in death, huh.

Cruhteo and whip must be unseparable. So that would be a love triangle.

You do have a way with the words. I just can't stop laughing now.

So Cruhteo x whip x Fem it is. It might be happy union. Or after couple of years, they are going to divorce, because they use too much time to argue, who's got the whip.
Aug 29, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
So Cruhteo x whip x Fem it is. It might be happy union. Or after couple of years, they are going to divorce, because they use too much time to argue, who's got the whip.

:D Don't be too negative - maybe they'll renew their feelings by getting a second whip and a
(don't go if you're underage, I guess)
deadoptimistAug 29, 2014 12:22 PM
Aug 29, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
nirunaru said:

:D Don't be too negative - maybe thay'll renew their feelings by getting a second whip and a
(don't go if you're underage, I guess)

And what is this: I'm being told by deadoptimist, to be more optimistic. Lol.

Hmm... Kinky. :D Yes I can definitely see that they are going to be happy for-ever-after. It is like a fairytale. With bondage and whips.
Aug 29, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
And what is this: I'm being told by deadoptimist, to be more optimistic. Lol.

Hmm... Kinky. :D Yes I can definitely see that they are going to be happy for-ever-after. It is like a fairytale. With bondage and whips.

I always get this comment because of the nickname. >< But, yep, you've got one up on me.
Aug 29, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
I always get this comment because of the nickname. >< But, yep, you've got one up on me.

Should your nickname deadoptimist be interpreted as opposed to a livingpessimist? :)

Hmm... Future seems grim indeed. It just seemed like a death wish. :D
Aug 29, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:

That's a tradition. I've used that nickname for a while already. But yep, I an not a very positive person.

Though, I don't think that it is an appropriate topic for a public thread. Shouldn't have taken a bait. ><

Also we should be slowly getting accustomed to Slaine x Saazbaum. It could include a knife.

I, personally, find Saazbaum x Darzana a ship with a good potential too.
Unless in the end Saazbaum will try to enter the royal family the other way and we'll a get a classical plot with abduction of a princess. Then Saazbaum x Asseylum is possible.
Aug 29, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
nirunaru said:

That's a tradition. I've used that nickname for a while already. But yep, I an not a very positive person.

Well, I define my self as a optimistic pessimist. Or was it a pessimistic optimist? Isn't it quite convenient definition? ;)

deadoptimis said:
Also we should be slowly getting accustomed to Slaine x Saazbaum. It could include a knife.

Lol.

So we got:

Inaho x Egg.
Cruhteo x whip.

So how come Saazbaum (or Slaine) isn't romantically involved in any in-animate object?
Aug 29, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2011
deadoptimist said:

Unless in the end Saazbaum will try to enter the royal family the other way and we'll a get a classical plot with abduction of a princess. Then Saazbaum x Asseylum is possible.

Count Evil ships princessxmissile.
Aug 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
deadoptimist said:

Good one. :D
Aug 29, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
HopeLight said:
deadoptimist said:

Kudos for this one. :D
Aug 30, 2014 9:17 AM
Jul 2013
I must have Slaine x Asseylum
Aug 30, 2014 10:13 AM

May 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) the ship is going down soon
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
Inaho has affection toward Asseylum. Confirmed by Yuki. :))
Aug 30, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
this topic got popular i see ... :)
Aug 30, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
So how come Saazbaum (or Slaine) isn't romantically involved in any in-animate object?

Saazbaum x knife.
Just look at that passion!

Shomix said:
this topic got popular i see ... :)

I'd advice against reading the last two pages. ><
Aug 30, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
my opinion so far , it will be Inaho x Asseylum , and Slain will feel betrayed , and he will become some murderer or something XD Slain= blond bitch
Aug 30, 2014 2:35 PM

Jun 2008
I think Inko just admitted through her actions that she likes Inaho, she freaked out overhearing that he might be in love with the princess.

Personally I see SlainXPrincess all the way. It's the only pairing that makes any sense right now.

Inaho just doesn't seem to really care too much about relationships and I think he would be the type to use her to further his own goals.

And I think his sister was just teasing when she said all that stuff.
Aug 30, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 2011
Princess x Death is my canon otp

Inaho x Personality is my crack otp
Aug 31, 2014 2:41 AM

Aug 2014
Now that RL kicked in with intress, I'm sad to say that I have limited time to flood the topic with my inpeccable sense of humor. But... I try to make effort to do couple of witty remarks. ;)

deadoptimist said:
nirunaru said:

Saazbaum x knife.
Just look at that passion!

Oh yes. Saazbaums affection with utensils is absolutely something to speculate with. But to draw any definite conclusions we need more proof.
HopeLight said:
Princess x Death is my canon otp

I agree. It seems our princess does have a kind of dangerous courters. Flirting with Death leaves us a bit disappointed though. I mean, have you heard that this union ever rewards us viewers with romance.

Well maybe in Terry Pratchett's novels.

Edit: It is real headache to write with a tablet. Hopefully my post is readable. :)
nirunaruAug 31, 2014 2:51 AM
Aug 31, 2014 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
I always just assumed since Episode 1 it would end up as
InahoXInko and SlaineXAsseylum.
At this point I think that maybe Asseylum will eventually die soon after getting together with Slaine. But I'm mostly just making guesses based on past Anime experiences at this point. Either way Inaho probably won't get together with Asseylum.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Aug 31, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
I think Slain needs to die , as soon as possible , Inaho so cool :) Slain is just some pathetic love moron ... Dnt care if that princess dnt end up with inaho , shes also anoying with all that peace crap
Aug 31, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2014
Testament956 said:
Inaho just doesn't seem to really care too much about relationships and I think he would be the type to use her to further his own goals.

And I think his sister was just teasing when she said all that stuff.

I think the same. I don't believe about this "harem" stuf.
Aug 31, 2014 9:30 AM
Jul 2011
It was Yuki joking around and being delusional (she reads people so 'well' she made a simulation that traumatized a girl she knew had a bad experience with that robot she employed and then she was clueless about her reaction) because she wants to be rich and luxurious. The only girl who likes Inaho is Inko, and there's a reason for it -in the Archivez-

Rayet couldn't give a shit about him. Seylum is in love with Earth and can't shut up about it.

The show brutally deconstructs the cliché. Like Slaine's and Inaho's shounen team up which ended up with Slaine being shot down. Count Dead's change of heart which ended up getting him killed minutes later. Count Evil capturing Slaine for noble reasons and being honest from the start. Yuki's harem comment is the same, because other than a side character like Inko, Rayet and Princess' issue and Rayet's jealousy has nothing to do with a boy, the last scene of the episode mocks her assertions and it's her fault Rayet's psyche was pushed this far.
HopeLightAug 31, 2014 9:43 AM
Aug 31, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
because she wants to be rich and luxurious.

Really? You are the only one who make this assumption... Richness and luxury are what she was joking about. She is serious when talking about her brother's emotion. Is it so weird that the sister can read emotions of her brother? She may not good at reading other people, but she can be good at reading her brother.

Beside, she is delusional by the fact that she thinks her stoic brother has found his first love. She hopes he is more popular with girls. So she makes assumption that Rayet has feeling for him. She is creating a little harem for Inaho in her mind.

Your are totally mistaken about which part Yuki is serious and which part she is joking...

Your PrincessXDeath pairing may affect you too much.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.