Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 24, 2014 8:56 PM

Dec 2013
HopeLight said:
chickenonthepan said:
If things is as you say, things will go bad, really bad.
A director has a right to change script as he plz, based on fan favorite. Now that's what called trash.
A director's job is create scene and animation to demonstrate the script, not to change it. It's script writer's job.
Btw I don't see Inaho has any focus here as the director say. Lol

Aoki has always been the head the project, even with Urobuchi writing. He was the one who set the basic premise. It's a feedback of input, output, and change. Takayama is the one who did the screenplay and they are very close.

This isn't based on the 'fan favorite', this decision was taken before the show aired: it's in the special program broadcasting the show introduction. That's why I say they could change their plans at any time.

I think what he means with "Inaho's focus" has to do with the focus of the plot. In this cour, it's the battles against the knights. Inaho's in charge of beating them, so he means focus on a plot-advanced sense. The second part has another plot... I don't know what it is. 2ch speculates is about Aldnoah mysteries, but it could be the Earth government forces as villain after they get Adlnoah, slave the Princess and they invade Mars. They are introduced in a bad light in those archives and confidential info of the backstory and the show has provided hints they aren't heroic.

The conflict started by them who refused to give help at the Mars colonists and then demanded their technology for war-purposes after they only asked for independence. Ray's attitude just sparked more conflicts, but they were the instigators.

Hope, just how much of the Earth government forces as villains is pure speculation right now? From what we've seen, and from what was described by Rayet in this latest episode, the Martians are no less evil than what you described. They sport an ancient feudal system that follows the basis of "Might is right" whereby anyone appointed by the Emperor can be made a successor to the throne (hence the attempted assassination of the princess), and will revel in all the power and fortune that the successor of Aldnoah is entitled. You see all the Knights coming down to earth just to invade their lands for their own, how does that show the ideal of "only asked for independence"? Where's the source of your information anyway? Pray do post your links, or are those sources also pure speculation?

Thus far there has been little information out about the Earth faction, apart from the fact that they were badly beaten down in the previous war 15 years ago, and that they are getting their asses handed to them now. If anything, it's been implied that the only reason why the Martians stopped their invasion of the Earth 15 years ago was because their gate between Vers and Mars was destroyed by some attack or other.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

Aoki has always been the head the project, even with Urobuchi writing. He was the one who set the basic premise. It's a feedback of input, output, and change. Takayama is the one who did the screenplay and they are very close.

This isn't based on the 'fan favorite', this decision was taken before the show aired: it's in the special program broadcasting the show introduction. That's why I say they could change their plans at any time.

I think what he means with "Inaho's focus" has to do with the focus of the plot. In this cour, it's the battles against the knights. Inaho's in charge of beating them, so he means focus on a plot-advanced sense. The second part has another plot... I don't know what it is. 2ch speculates is about Aldnoah mysteries, but it could be the Earth government forces as villain after they get Adlnoah, slave the Princess and they invade Mars. They are introduced in a bad light in those archives and confidential info of the backstory.

I still feel like there is a shadow of Gen over this. It feels like the concept is like his other work.
If the second season go as you say, it will be boring as hell. I will laugh at the worse writing ever.
Slain become antagonist will be the best case. It highlight so many character conflicts and tragedy.

I believe Inaho will be the antagonist.
Aug 24, 2014 9:09 PM
Jul 2011
This is a good moment to do that speculation thread.

chickenonthepan:

He could be a brief misguided antagonist in the first cour until the situation fixes and he takes over as protagonist. I don't see any set up as you do (I guess it helps how every interview stresses what a nice boy he is). What I see is a clear path he'll be the one who will unite Mars and Earth because of his backstory. He's the sole character who has endured injustice of both sides unwarranted and yet clings to a dream of peace (Asseylum embodies that, but if she dies, he'll take up her dream as he has grown to be now).

L-Ryoshi:

The Mars system is rotten too. One of the reasons why I think Asseylum might die is because she's a head of state of a rotten system. The time you see posted in this website is the "standardized official history advocated by the UFE". This is the full one with the real details Earth cropped out history to feed their propaganda:

http://i.imgur.com/k5GptxP.jpg

What the UFE says:
1982: Rayregalia began inciting anti-Earth sentiments amongst the colonists, calling for violent armed insurrections. While the UN immediately attempted to suppress the uprising, the situation quickly escalated none the less.

What truly happened:
Mars, being a planet with few readily useable resources and livable environments, was extremely difficult to develop. This was well understood by the Mars Immigration Program. However, they never instructed or informed the prospected colonists on how exactly and by what means, were the colonists supposed to overcome these difficulties. The colonists, who were at first idealistic about settling on the new world for humanity, had to endure and overcome extreme hazardous and inhospitable conditions which they were never prepared for nor could even imagined. Professor Rayregalia repeatedly and desperately informed the Mars Immigration Program about the dire situations of the settlers, in hope of receiving more assistance from the home planet, all to no avail. This was a major factor that eventually led to the popular armed uprising.

Propaganda: 1985: Rayegalia declares independence from Earth and the formation of the Vers Empire, crowning himself as Emperor Rayregalia Vers Rayvers. This being a one sided declaration without consent from Earth, Mars had basically closed all her ties with Earth.

Reality: In actuality, the Vers Empire did not choose to sever all ties with Earth. Rather, as Earth did not recognize Mars’s claim of independence, any negotiation with the Vers administration were prohibited. This was the reason that caused the seemingly abrupt end of all relations between the two planets. Earth eventually does recognize this problem. Perhaps creating a proper means of dialogues with the Vers Empir was part of the reasons for the Earth governments to form the Earth Federation?

I can continue, if you want me to. The hostilities started by Earth forces. This doesn't condone the current attacks, but it gives a certain idea of why the situation escalated. The information is released by the website in decoded content because it'll play an important role in the future.

My speculation is that UFE will be the antagonistic force in the second cour, but please keep in mind this is just my speculation. 2ch is thinking the focus would be in Aldnoah itself, that's why Slaine is the center protagonist because of his father's research. That's possible too, but Saazbaum got his hands on him too early.

And before I forget, the same information and "War is coming" mention that Asseylum is so far the only heir of the throne, but "the contender to the throne hasn't been announced." This might imply someone else will can become the ruler of Vers.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 9:25 PM
Aug 24, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
HopeLight said:

I can continue, if you want.

Please do. It's a pain in the behind when there aren't any sources for this kind of information outside of Japan, and no one willing to share either. I'm seriously interested in the back story and the political intrigue that led to the anime being what it is right now. This interests me way more than a sad romance that some of the fan base are trying to tout this show as.

I'm assuming that you haven't translated the portion about the discovery of Aldnoah and the part where the Earth government wanted to acquire and weaponize it yet?

And yes, I distinctly remember someone in the show having already mentioned that the throne could be granted by the Emperor to anyone (mentioned by the Martians when they assumed Asseylum was dead if I recall correctly), and that the Emperor was the one to grant his people the power of Aldnoah (namely his Knights).
L-RyoshiAug 24, 2014 9:33 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 9:34 PM
Jul 2011
L-Ryoshi:

I can understand that. But could you be patient? I'm about to go to bed. I'll just drop this bomb before I leave: Slaine's father defected for "reasons unknown" in 1999 to Mars. Of course, he wanted to research Aldnoah, but the motive is a secret even in these archives, so it could be something about UFE dirty laundry (which would explain Slaine's wariness in general) or perhaps it's something related to Vers royal family. Doctor Troyard seems to be set up as quite a mysterious key player.

That was in one of the Rayregalia's profiles (in the War is Coming). Ray is a pacifist -unlike his son- and they discovered all this technology when Cold War raged. His concern was about the use of it. It's ironic knowing it was used for war anyway.

Only Vers family can rule because they are the only ones with administrator access to Aldnoah. Ray can't grant access to someone else with his same "administrator password." It's only his descendants. So this hypothetical contender is a descendant or someone who can control Adlnoah too.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 9:39 PM
Aug 24, 2014 9:35 PM
Jul 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
HopeLight said:

I can continue, if you want.

Please do. It's a pain in the behind when there aren't any sources for this kind of information outside of Japan, and no one willing to share either. I'm seriously interested in the back story and the political intrigue that led to the anime being what it is right now. This interests me way more than a sad romance that some of the fan base are trying to tout this show as.

I'm assuming that you haven't translated the portion about the discovery of Aldnoah and the part where the Earth government wanted to acquire and weaponize it yet?

And yes, I distinctly remember someone in the show having already mentioned that the throne could be granted by the Emperor to anyone (mentioned by the Martians when they assumed Asseylum was dead if I recall correctly), and that the Emperor was the one to grant his people the power of Aldnoah (namely his Knights).

Continue please >.<
I enjoy reading.
Aug 24, 2014 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
HopeLight said:
L-Ryoshi:

I can understand that. But could you be patient? I'm about to go to bed. I'll just drop this bomb before I leave: Slaine's father defected for "reasons unknown" in 1999 to Mars. Of course, he wanted to research Aldnoah, but the motive is a secret even in these archives, so it could be something about UFE dirty laundry (which would explain Slaine's wariness in general) or perhaps it's something related to Vers royal family. Doctor Troyard seems to be set up as quite a mysterious key player.

That was in one of the Rayregalia's profiles (in the War is Coming). Ray is a pacifist -unlike his son- and they discovered all this technology when Cold War raged. His concern was about the use of it. It's ironic knowing it was used for war anyway.

Only Vers family can rule because they are the only ones with administrator access to Aldnoah. Ray can't grant access to someone else with his same "administrator password." It's only his descendants. So this hypothetical contender is a descendant or someone who can control Adlnoah too.

Excellent stuff. No worries mate, just continue translating at your own pace. It's just good to have a reliable source of information here instead of pure speculative arguments. We highly appreciate your efforts ;)

As for a little push back into the discussion (albeit off-topic now), the assumption would be that Dr. Troyard is trying to unlock the said Administrator password so as to grant access of Aldnoah to everyone (well, mainly the Martians), which would explain a lot of gaps and allow us to see where this show is heading somewhat.
L-RyoshiAug 24, 2014 9:47 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 9:44 PM
Jul 2011
L-Ryoshi:

I edited with a clarification to your further questions. "War is Coming" is a printed book with some facts about the backstory and the profiles in general. When I get the "ArchiveZ" ones I would complete my collection.

I dislike unreliable information, so don't worry. It's understandable.

About the Earth Government intentions, it was just said to be Ray's fears, but it was Cold War days. That was the context. They don't need to make specific when the policies of that time was about the space race and get more weapons.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 9:47 PM
Aug 24, 2014 9:47 PM
Jul 2014
HopeLight said:
L-Ryoshi:

I edited with a clarification to your further questions. "War is Coming" is a printed book with some facts about the backstory and the profiles in general. When I get the "ArchiveZ" ones I would complete my collection.

I dislike unreliable information, so don't worry. It's understandable.

Thank you. I love you :D
Aug 24, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
And Martians come to Earth, kill Terrans like insects because they solely want to gain "independence"? Wow. Just wow.

AS far as the story goes, I can't see the Earth forces become evil happen. At least they cannot be as evil as Martian. And after being bombarded and losing everywhere, they have no manpower or resources to counter attack now. And must I remind you that it's the Earth side who seek to negotiate with Mars, that results in the visit of Hime. UEF protected her, it's Martians who want to kill her to start the war. And the Earth force is who put evacuating civilians on the top priority. I don't see them as bad guys at all. The research at Tanegashima may have something to play, but not enough to bring them into the dark side. The story only follow your route if they put out some asspull. And the story will become worse and worse.
(I think you are imagining a Gundam SEED Destiny ver. 2..)

And as far as the story goes, Slaine is more and more likely to become a misguided antagonist. The director stated that "he is a nice boy with misfortune". He is nice and unlucky, that's why he is misguided. This kind of antagonist is more interesting than pure bad guy for no reason. He can lead the story as a antagonist just fine, not to say more effective. He is to passive to the situation as a good boy.

Even if you bring words of some staff that "Slaine is a protagonist". Yes, he is a protagonist in the first season, none doubt about it. But dare hi to spoil things like "Slaine will be a antagonist later". None is fool enough to spoil like that. Viewers have to see for themselves.
Aug 24, 2014 9:53 PM
Jul 2011
You're too sweet, Bluebirds22.

chickenonthepan: he's specifically called the "center character and main protagonist" of the second half with "the key" of the story. Why would they lie? The plan can change, nonetheless, I offer you what they give. Why would Earth team follow the 'dark side'? They might be misguided, but some of them, namely Marito, know their governments is full of shit. UEF headquarters are in Russia. We don't know how they are, just because some are nice doesn't mean all of them are like this. Her security is only ensured until they reach there. Remember that clarification.

The colonists who wanted independence are all old people. The orbital knights are a generation that was born and raised in middle of these hostilities, terrible environment and aldnoah propaganda. Their attitude is terrible, but it's a consequence of their upbringing. Our plucky princess had the fortune she met Slaine when she was still on formative age and he broaded her horizons before she too closed up by her education.

L-Ryoshi said:

As for a little push back into the discussion (albeit off-topic now), the assumption would be that Dr. Troyard is trying to unlock the said Administrator password so as to grant access of Aldnoah to everyone (well, mainly the Martians), which would explain a lot of gaps and allow us to see where this show is heading somewhat.

That's what 2ch is thinking: Why else would Saazbaum risk the Aldnoah-access by killing his princess when the emperor is at death's door? Why else would Trillram presume Slaine is his ally in episode 3? He was probably given orders to get him to Saazbaum's castle eventually. Trillram had a failed Evil Mentor innuendo with Slaine. That's the most likely speculation.

My wager is on both Slaine (his DNA) and his charm (that will might avoid a meteor coming down on Asseylum's head until our villain gets his necklace with the boy), otherwise the crew is dead when they are a flying big target for our Wicked Count. Now I'm going to bed. Let's see what happens.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 10:04 PM
Aug 24, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
I read these information somewhere so I'm not really interested.

But anyway, the martian also started the war 15 years ago. I think it's the father generation...

God, if they give Slaine god's power, I will drop this. OR not if he become more complex and less obsessive with Hime.

What is the point of duo lead if one get all the attention?

Maybe blame the bad writing as always then.

P/s I have a feeling that they put it another way around. Slaine is more likely to be main protagonist and key character of season 1 for me.
Just_ChickenAug 24, 2014 10:14 PM
Aug 24, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2010
Saazbaum/Slaine Dad OTP.

On a serious speculation plot note, I think if Slaine gets the Aldnoah Access and Asseylum is dead, he'll make it so nobody can access to Aldnoah and make people coexist as equals that way and stop toying with alien tech. So, you knoooow: Aldnoah. ZERO as end game.
ThessAug 24, 2014 10:23 PM
Aug 24, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
chickenonthepan said:

But anyway, the martian also started the war 15 years ago. I think it's the father generation...

God, if they give Slaine god's power, I will drop this. OR not if he become more complex and less obsessive with Hime.

P/s I have a feeling that they put it another way around. Slaine is more likely to be main protagonist and key character of season 1 for me.

Highly doubt that Slaine is the one with the Godly powers. More likely than not Dr. Troyard may have set it up so Slaine's DNA, or some other item of Slaine's, holds the secret data to unlocking the code. Like maybe he's a fail safe and they need to bleed him dry to synthesize the metaphorical password or something (yep, watched that stupid TMNT movie).

My actual bet though is on the necklace that Slaine gave to Asseylum. And for that matter it could be that even Slaine doesn't know what he did when he gave the trinket to the Princess. Given how all the experimenting with Aldnoah powers is on Inaho and the Princesses' side, I wouldn't count such a plot-pusher to be too far-fetched. I mean, why else would they show the Orange Kat with the Aldnoah Light?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 25, 2014 1:17 AM

Aug 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Hmm... actually I was thinking couple of pages ago the same thing. It seems really stupid of killing Asseylum before they have figured out how to continue the Aldonoah containing genetic line. If Asseylums gene-carrying parent is dead, the Verse emperor is a bit old to produce a new heir. Well... miracle happens. :P Have there been any information about Asseylums parents?
Aug 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Aug 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
My actual bet though is on the necklace that Slaine gave to Asseylum. And for that matter it could be that even Slaine doesn't know what he did when he gave the trinket to the Princess. Given how all the experimenting with Aldnoah powers is on Inaho and the Princesses' side, I wouldn't count such a plot-pusher to be too far-fetched.

I have been thinking also that the necklace might be some kind of key or a memory card containing information about Aldnoah. What ever it is it will be a key player in the plot...
chickenonthepan said:
IGod, if they give Slaine god's power, I will drop this. OR not if he become more complex and less obsessive with Hime

:D Well, I'm actually feeling that Slaine seems to be a bit powerless at the time. But then again he wields the fandom genereted charisma superpower. ;) Although it if unlikely to save his life. :)

Is he obsessive? Hmm... I understand that he is fiercely loyal to Asseylum, becouse she has been the only or one of the few who actually treated Slaine decently at Vers. And how long has he been there...
Aug 25, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
I can continue, if you want me to.

Thank you for translating that site. :) It was really intreresting... I'm not minding at all a bit off-topic, maybe it stems some new ideas. :)

Was there anything said that when did Slaines father die and what exactly happened that the hypergate at the Moon got blown up? Been speculating and pondering about Slaines father, but I have a bit too little to go on.
nirunaruAug 25, 2014 1:50 AM
Aug 25, 2014 3:19 AM
Jul 2011
Going to school but this caught my eye.

L-Ryoshi said:
Given how all the experimenting with Aldnoah powers is on Inaho and the Princesses' side, I wouldn't count such a plot-pusher to be too far-fetched. I mean, why else would they show the Orange Kat with the Aldnoah Light?

They could install Aldnoah drive which Asselyum can pass on Inaho (but this was never show. Can you refresh my memory where did his machine gain the drive? From his description, I don't know if he'll ever gain power, because his appeal is supposed to be "someone who uses tactics and poor Earth resources" vs the powerful Martians. Giving him Aldnoah light might be against their idea of what makes Inaho "appealing") which is not the same as using this decoded key. I also suspect the charm, but it will only work on Slaine. I think it's the same with the Princess and her necklace and her grandfather and his cane. Those seem to be devices that are commanded by their genetic code. This will be enough for our Evil Count to stop a meteor bombardment and snatch the charm away. The official sites and merch labels it "Slaine's charm/amulet." Provides it certain ownership.

There's also the high possibility Slaine's not 100% human, knowing how mecha scientists protag fathers are like in shows (from Amuro's father to Haruto's father as a recent example). The most interesting detail of his birth is that he was born a year before the war. It wouldn't be surprising if he got ahold of alien something. We never heard a single word about Slaine's mother, at least we know Asselyum's mother existed or Inaho's and Yuki's parents are dead. Until I heard something about Mrs. Troyard, I lean on assuming "Lab baby" when the father is a mad scientist type.

@nirunaru: He was alive 5 years ago, when he defected to Mars. His reasons are mysterious but he's a key player and Slaine's been said to be the "key character".

1999: Gilzeria declares all-out war with the Earth Federation. For the first time ever, the Martians deployed military robots called “Kataphracts”, in their assault on the UFE lunar base. However, during the battle between the UFE garrison and Vers forces, a catastrophic malfunction occurred with the hypergate. Resulting the destruction of the moon, and subsequently a planetary scale disaster on Earth, this will later be remembered as “Heaven’s Fall”. The debris from the destroyed moon also formed a ring surrounding Earth, known as the “Satellite Belt”. Gilzeria who was directing the Vers forces on the moon at the time was also killed in the incident. Amidst the chaos of the aftermath, the two forces decided to work toward a cease fire.
Added: During the war there were opportunities for the Vers Empire to land her knights onto Earth itself. However, no records of engagements between UFE forces and Martian Knights that took place on Earth’s surface were found upon investigation.

Obviously the records were wiped clean. One landed. The Vers Empire History in "War is Coming" mentions that the Hypergate was destroyed in the crossfire between the armies, neither side wants to take responsibility, so they ignore it. Ray's son did start the war, the first generation of Mars people (the colonists) seem portrayed as angry and resentful but they aren't warmongers, their children have this trait. Their children's children are more moderate because they were raised in a prosperous peaceful planet.
HopeLightAug 25, 2014 3:23 AM
Aug 25, 2014 4:30 AM

Jul 2014
HopeLight said:
I think it's the same with the Princess and her necklace and her grandfather and his cane. Those seem to be devices that are commanded by their genetic code. This will be enough for our Evil Count to stop a meteor bombardment and snatch the charm away. The official sites and merch labels it "Slaine's charm/amulet." Provides it certain ownership.

Whoa, you're probably right, and they need an intermediary device to access drives.
Thanks for the translations, by the way. It seems that they rely on fans being familiar with the additional materials.

Also I agree that it seems likely that Trilliam was sent to recruit Slaine. He seemed much more inclined to talk to the dirty terran than the other knights.
I wonder, if Slaine was aware, that Trilliam was a guest of Cruhteo, not one of his people.

As for some of the points addressed in recent discussion, I seriously doubt that either Slaine or Inaho will die before the final showdown - the plot seems to be constructed around the contrast between these two. Maybe princess' death could be turned into a plot device though, but that would be a massive change for the universe of the show, and the pacing has been too slow so far to believe in the posibility of such an approach from the team. Though that could give a good theme for the second cour. The loss of the current aldnoah dynasty would make dr. Troyard's research much more important. Also Saazbaum, probably, wants all the power for himself, without sharing with teenage pacifistic princesses.

What I find strange, is the idea of the first part being dedicated to Inaho. He doesn't get any decent development, so what will happen, if they plan to focus on him less...

Slaine turning into antagonist seems likely, at least for some time. I am not sure what to think of it. On one hand, his story is too dark for him to stay such a nice person, on the other hand so far his gentleness has been the main appeal of him as a character. And we know in advance, that he can't beat Inaho in direct confrontation.
deadoptimistAug 25, 2014 4:34 AM
Aug 25, 2014 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
He was alive 5 years ago, when he defected to Mars. His reasons are mysterious but he's a key player and Slaine's been said to be the "key character".

1999: Gilzeria declares all-out war with the Earth Federation.

Okay, so this means lieutenant Marito is about the same age as Cruhteo around 35 and 40. But I'm kind of still confused, why he is only surviving veteran from the war. There have been commanding officers in the earlier episodes who appear to be about the same age... What about retired veterans? I guess he meant, that he is the only survivor from Tanegashima and Vers Kataplact combined with Heaven's Falling obliterated the troops from Japan?

Or were all Earths armies gathered in Tanegashima and at Moon base? And the everyone who witnessed the Aldnoah drive Kataphracts in action, were killed and Tanegashima report got buried.

I'm still pondering about Saazbaum's remark about Slaine's father. Does he mean, that it is ironic that Slaine chooses too to oppose the conspiracy or was Saazbaum and Dr. Troyard on same side? Was he doing research for Saazbaum? Or was he double-agent spying for both? It would explaine why the necklace is in Slaine's possession?

Slaine was born on Earth...They arrived to Vers five years ago... Slaine is now 16, and if I understood correctly he was about two years old when they left Earth? And after that they lived aboard a Martian ship orbiting Earth under the observation of a Mars Knight... Saazbaum? So they lived at least one year on Earth after Heaven's Fall, right? So does this mean that Deaucallion's construction might have been started by Dr. Troyard? Did Saazbaum caught him as a double-agent and that's why Asseylum's grandfather so readily believed that Slaine was also a spy...

Hmm... And Yuki's and Inoho's parents died probably only couple of years earlier, because they live together and were not adopted - though it is possible that they moved to live together with Yuki, when she was old enough to take care of both of them. At least it seems unlikely that their deaths had anything to do with Dr. Troyard's defecting to Mars...

Oh well, thanks for explaining the timeline HopeLight. :)
Aug 25, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
Saazbaum/Slaine Dad OTP.

On a serious speculation plot note, I think if Slaine gets the Aldnoah Access and Asseylum is dead, he'll make it so nobody can access to Aldnoah and make people coexist as equals that way and stop toying with alien tech. So, you knoooow: Aldnoah. ZERO as end game.

He should die in your case, so that none will have access to Aldnoah anymore. Easiest way to make sure the Aldnoah Access never goes to anyone. Or he wants to be another Emperor that FORCES people exist equally? He will die in that case too, sooner or later, just not as peacefully as the first case.

And HopeLight, he was referring to the poster depicting Orange with mysterious light from it, (MAL A/Z avatar) i think.
Just_ChickenAug 25, 2014 6:35 AM
Aug 25, 2014 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
Thess said:
Saazbaum/Slaine Dad OTP.

If Cruhteo makes it alive to Deucallion... There is also possibilities for Marito x Cruhteo. :D

Ah, he could revive the light in his lovely green eyes and wake him up to see the world as a more beautiful place...

Right. Like that's gonna happen.
Aug 25, 2014 7:10 AM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
Thess said:
Saazbaum/Slaine Dad OTP.

If Cruhteo makes it alive to Deucallion... There is also possibilities for Marito x Cruhteo. :D

Ah, he could revive the light in his lovely green eyes and wake him up to see the world as a more beautiful place...

Right. Like that's gonna happen.

Nya nya, shonen nai make me happy.
Aug 25, 2014 10:23 AM
Jul 2011
I have a limited time to check anime forums during my week, but let's go by parts:

deadoptimist: They are suspicious items that are assigned to the others. My theory is that they work by key-to the owner. Saazbaum probably wishes to either manipulate Slaine as his puppet ruler (he used to be such a meek boy, but no more!), study how did his father do this or perhaps his goal is far nobler than people believe: what if his goal is to undo the class-system of Mars? He's just going with it in the most violent way possible, making the more bloodthirsty-stubborn knights land on Earth to keep them busy. It's another possibility. Maybe it's not so white/black after Rayet brought up the system. That's given some depth to our villain so maybe not.

I don't think Inaho or Slaine will die or will face each other in the end. They are set up to work together in the long run -at least according to Aoki Eri- In the meantime, enjoy your spoonful of idiotic anime misunderstandings between the good guys. Slaine's not a rival to Inaho or Inaho's a rival to Slaine. Their strengths and weaknesses are made complimentary, so they would be each other's halves. Yin and Yang must exist together.

Asseylum's importance is less relevant, once she teaches Inaho to follow her dream and the Troyard Plot happens (if it does), she might be walking with a target on her head bigger than it's already.

nirunaru:

Yes, Marito is 37 official, same age as Cruhteo. There are three generations here. I'll list them with my words so you can different them:

First Generation. One one side, old colonists, like the Emperor. They were the ones who were hurt by UFE in a big way. They took the high way and didn't declare war even if they could wipe them out. They aren't so stupid because they were born and raised on Earth. Ray is a bit senile and really sick, Asseylum's death and his grief clouded him. He's 70 by now. On the other, corrupted UFE forces who exploited colonists and denied their help and the independence.

Second generation: We have the children of those colonists who grew in a very hostile environment and learned to hate the Terran from their core, embracing the most nationalistic message and taking it to extreme. The orbital knights, Rayet's father, Asseylum's father. Also people of Earth who fought them who had it clear that the UFE higher ups aren't good people like Marito and Slaine's father. Their clash cost greatly to both sides.

Third generation: The third generation involves children of Earth who grew in a devastated world after Heaven's fall, some very resentful and children of Mars who were pampered in a peaceful world but weren't necessarily hateful as their parents. They are curious about Earth. Asseylum still had the luck Slaine was with her to keep away any prejudice. This generation is suffering from the shit the older generations bring. This generation is the heroic one, from Inaho to Slaine to Asseylum and others. They never asked to be in this situation.

When Slaine is against people using the princess, he's making reference to those old festering conflicts they want to do by using her as excuse somehow. He was never against the Earthlings using the Deucalion. It was the possibility she would become a weapon -because he misunderstood Inaho- that made him hostile. He is devoted to her and her dream: he wants peace just as much as she does. I had to clarify because I've seen many misunderstanding his words and his actions when his speech to Cruhteo of how he sullied the world she loved should be clear what he can't forgive. The opening song is supposed to be written from his point of view, there the song isn't about how supple Asseylum's lips are but of her dream.

We don't know the exact locations of the armies. Plenty were at the Moon base, because that's where the war took place. Tanegashima seemed to be an irregular accident.

Another juicy titbit: the orbital knights rejected Ray's summon to Mars and chose to stay in orbit around Earth. His authority isn't as respected as you might see.

We don't know what Count Evil means yet. Maybe he's also yandere and wants to kill the princess to claim Slaine as his. Who knows -Aoki Eri already began with his gay jokes on our esteemed villain and his fixation on Slaine- This is added to make my reply acceptable within the topic of this thread.

Slaine was 11 when he arrived on Mars. I don't know how trip from Earth to Mars in that rocket lasts.... I'm surprised a kid was sent like that. Slaine's very tough, isn't he? That's why I'm raising my flags about if he's fully human.

Don't take this as official but my hypothesis is that the Deaucallion is the name given by Dr. Troyard and his team. Maybe the Kataphract had another name. My other theory is that is Asseylum's father Kat. Count Evil knows because he either set up for the Emperor to die there or because Doctor Troyard informed him.

Inaho's family: All the Inaho's descriptions lean on him to be "ordinary high school student", so I am not seeing any secret identity. Their family names don't ring a bell on Magbaredge, who only recognized his name because of his sister.

chickenonthepan: Oh, but the Adlnoah Light isn't like that as we're show. That only seems to be typical highlights on their natural artificial lamps because the scene is darker? I don't think Inaho has set this up at least in this cour, maybe the next. My favorite scenario is Slaine becoming a Kat mech-engineer and making Inaho a Kat when they are finally in the same side by the second cour. He's already displayed an amazing ability to repair his plane in little time and he has the background for it.

I think Inaho needs Slaine more than Slaine needs him to showcase his characterization. It improved when they were interacting together. They would both balance each other perfectly too.
HopeLightAug 25, 2014 10:30 AM
Aug 25, 2014 10:48 AM
Dec 2013
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

You're not noticing the irony...

chickenonthepan

About Aldnoah: These details like completely revamping some characters and plot events. The one in charge is the director. He's the only one speaking of the project as his baby, Gen Urobuchi was added on it for publicity.

About the protagonists: The director stated the show has two heroes: Inaho and Slaine in an interview (June newtype issue). Then in the special program, he made emphasis that Slaine will have the center stage on the second cour while Inaho would have it in this first cour. Whether this happens or not, I don't have a crystal ball to learn the future. But I can see the set up already when the show main bad guy doesn't pay attention to our supposed "hero" while he's all eyes for the blond kid who is "opposing their cause."

It was his idea to use two MCs. This doesn't have any shipping connection, but since you asked, I might as well answer your doubt. It is also a preventive warning in case the flying accusations about deciding this because Slaine is more popular begin, they'll be false.

If things is as you say, things will go bad, really bad.
A director has a right to change script as he plz, based on fan favorite. Now that's what called trash.
A director's job is create scene and animation to demonstrate the script, not to change it. It's script writer's job.
Btw I don't see Inaho has any focus here as the director say. Lol

I work for a certain sizeable studio in Singapore (with offices in Singapore, Japan, China, and Taiwan), and we've done work for clients in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, China, and Taiwan. Mostly TV shows, and a few films and commercials.

As a screenwriter, I'll have to comment on this. The screenwriter's job is to lay out the bulk of the story's contents, and he makes adaptations to it based on the director's input. The scriptwriter simply writes dialogue.

And also, it actually isn't that hard to change things like romance. That's simply at our whims. Heck, we can even troll the audience if we feel like it. You should see our pre-production meetings and the random things that get suggested. We could essentially do a coin toss and write the screenplay based on that. Even the mood of the writers and director on any given day can affect it. i.e. Director: "Character X is OP and gets with Character Y. I don't care how unreasonable/unrealistic it appears. The haters can suck it." It pretty much comes down to... our power to manipulate a few lines of text. :p
Aug 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Mar 2011
So from what Im reading from Hopelights posts, Professor Rayregalia used the bad situation of the colonists to build his own personal fascist dictatorship. Nice.
Raziel1991Aug 25, 2014 10:58 AM
Aug 25, 2014 11:02 AM
Jul 2011
Raziel1991 said:
So from what Im reading from Hopelights posts, Professor Rayregalia used the bad situation of the colonists to build his own personal fascist dictatorship. Nice.

He was the leader of the colonists and took control as it's natural when his pleas weren't listened. His system became pretty corrupted, but it was a necessity during those first years. His son ruined what he built and put a war-policy he's always avoided.
Aug 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
Raziel1991 said:

Ray is not as good as Hopelight said. He got Aldnoah power and kept it for himself. Other people wanted a piece of his power? Swear loyal to him. He made himself a king. Certainly UFE couldn't agree with that. So it's natural for Eath to cut all communication with Mars. (Is that what the US usually does all the time)

We have no clue what his son did with the martian politic. All we know, he declared war on UFE and died. He just had a short time on the throne.

The system corrupts because it's bad itself. Anarchy is never good.

As for the speculation about Slaine and Inaho working together, I think they will work together at the end to defeat Saazbaum, but not before that.

Slaine may be good at repairing his own plane (it's pretty minor repairing btw), but it's years too early for him to build a robot himself. Do you know how many engineering study is required to build a simple functioning robot? If he learn more, he can build a kat for Inaho in 30 years I think.

Still prefer them to be opponents. Inaho can grow more if it goes that way. How can Inaho grow when Slaine is his ally? Watching him and Hime play lovey-dovey is growing I guess. Or getting an Op mech from Slaine and beat the crap out of Martians is growing?
Aug 25, 2014 12:39 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan: This is a show where a 15 years old somehow is more clever in tactics than adults. Are you going to ask for realism?

Asseylum isn't important. She could be shipped off to military stuff and leaving them to talk. Mecha shows has their ways to remove the female characters when it's bromance time.
Aug 25, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2011
HopeLight said:
Raziel1991 said:

He was the leader of the colonists and took control as it's natural when his pleas weren't listened. His system became pretty corrupted, but it was a necessity during those first years. His son ruined what he built and put a war-policy he's always avoided.

Then the UE did the right thing when they tried to stop their independence. After all, allowing the birth of a nation with far superior tech that could utterly destroy earth inmediatly is not a smart idea. And then we all know how Martian society works, Rayet explained it in this episode, if we take that into account its impossible to really sympathize with the martians. On top of that the anime itself makes you hate the martians since they are all flat villains that are stupidly evil and racist in the hammiest way possible. Aside from the princess, the martians are portrayed as genocidial mass murderers and UE the victims.
Raziel1991Aug 25, 2014 1:23 PM
Aug 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Yes I was referring to the two posters that had been revealed way before the show even began with the Orange Kat pulsing a strange light which didn't seem like the color of it's natural lamps.

About to hit the sack, but still questions to ask.

If I understood the timeline correctly, Ray had actually acceded the throne to Asseylum's father before the Heaven's Fall, which actually exacerbated the problem when the Princesses' dad declared war on Earth.

If your analysis on the three generations is correct, that would explain why the Orbital Knights refused to return to Vers. It was simply because they were loyal to the cause of Asseylum's father (which apparently included mass genocide and the conquering of Earth's resources), and due to his untimely death, Ray had to re-ascend the throne, and his peace policies didn't sit well with those "Loyal Knights".

Here's the catch though. IF that were true, then the Second Generation Martians' main aim would be the capture and rule of Earth and it's resources. Given that they already possess the power to use Aldnoah, whilst the people of Earth do not (The Ducalion was beyond their expectations, and I'm assuming it was actually Asseylum's father's personal ship), the only reason why they would go through with your speculated Troyard Plot would be because Ray is a pacifist and Saazbaum and a faction of the other knights want to get him out of the way (for risk that he strips them of their powers), and hence they need to find a way to unlock Aldnoah for their own personal use. In all of this theory, the main focus has been on the Martians, and if anything the United Earth forces have been portrayed as the victims here. Now given you did mention before that the UE weren't as good as they were being portrayed (I mean, heck we've hardly had any mention of them since the start of the show), then how can this be explained?

That said, I tend to stick with what has been said thus far in the anime. I still believe that Rayet was correct in saying that the Martian's feudal system was barbaric and that most of the Knights are bloodthirsty killers who just want to command and conquer as much of the Earth for themselves as they possibly can. I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had internal pocket-wars between the Knights fighting for the same territories in the near future. However, if you were to point me to other source materials that show otherwise (that the Vers aren't as barbaric as I'm seeing them), then that would be greatly welcome.

But my theory aside, just how much of that long post you put up was speculation, and how much was backed by actual factual data (interviews, articles, etc). I mean, your theory on Slaine not being entirely human (maybe genetically modified? the way he coughed up fluids in that capsule was unnatural to say the least), was interesting, but you said yourself that it's your theory. I'd like to know how much of the points that you pointed out were actually referable to certain sources, and if possible what those sources are (like the thing about Slaine becoming a mech engineer? Or even that part about the Knights rejecting the Summons?).

Thanks in advance Hope, I'm sure we all really appreciated your efforts (I know I do).
L-RyoshiAug 25, 2014 1:32 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
chickenonthepan: This is a show where a 15 years old somehow is more clever in tactics than adults. Are you going to ask for realism?

Asseylum isn't important. She could be shipped off to military stuff and leaving them to talk. Mecha shows has their ways to remove the female characters when it's bromance time.

Genius kid can be more clever than most adult if I may say...

But Slaine is not a genius from what I have seen.

If Slaine suddenly makes him a genius and builds a robot, I call that a total asspull. He has shown not capable of such.

It's funny that because he can do a temporary repair for his jet, you regard him as a genius engineer... That's what every jet fighter should know to keep their jet temporary functioning, when coming back for real maintenance.

It's a surprise if he has as much scientific knowledge as 1/10000 of Inaho. You can convince me well if Slaine is in a repair team in Cruhteo's castle. But he is not. He even gives Hime wrong information about science.

I don't think a main character is not important...
But ok, shipping Hime away already, then what? It's hard for Inaho to talk to Slaine because they don't have the same wavelength. Slaine is too reactive and not clever enough. Ep. 7 shows us that very clearly.
Aug 25, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Yes I was referring to the two posters that had been revealed way before the show even began with the Orange Kat pulsing a strange light which didn't seem like the color of it's natural lamps.

About to hit the sack, but still questions to ask.

If I understood the timeline correctly, Ray had actually acceded the throne to Asseylum's father before the Heaven's Fall, which actually exacerbated the problem when the Princesses' dad declared war on Earth.

If your analysis on the three generations is correct, that would explain why the Orbital Knights refused to return to Vers. It was simply because they were loyal to the cause of Asseylum's father (which apparently included mass genocide and the conquering of Earth's resources), and due to his untimely death, Ray had to re-ascend the throne, and his peace policies didn't sit well with those "Loyal Knights".

Here's the catch though. IF that were true, then the Second Generation Martians' main aim would be the capture and rule of Earth and it's resources. Given that they already possess the power to use Aldnoah, whilst the people of Earth do not (The Ducalion was beyond their expectations, and I'm assuming it was actually Asseylum's father's personal ship), the only reason why they would go through with your speculated Troyard Plot would be because Ray is a pacifist and Saazbaum and a faction of the other knights want to get him out of the way (for risk that he strips them of their powers), and hence they need to find a way to unlock Aldnoah for their own personal use. In all of this theory, the main focus has been on the Martians, and if anything the United Earth forces have been portrayed as the victims here. Now given you did mention before that the UE weren't as good as they were being portrayed (I mean, heck we've hardly had any mention of them since the start of the show), then how can this be explained?

That said, I tend to stick with what has been said thus far in the anime. I still believe that Rayet was correct in saying that the Martian's feudal system was barbaric and that most of the Knights are bloodthirsty killers who just want to command and conquer as much of the Earth for themselves as they possibly can. I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had internal pocket-wars between the Knights fighting for the same territories in the near future. However, if you were to point me to other source materials that show otherwise (that the Vers aren't as barbaric as I'm seeing them), then that would be greatly welcome.

But my theory aside, just how much of that long post you put up was speculation, and how much was backed by actual factual data (interviews, articles, etc). I mean, your theory on Slaine not being entirely human (maybe genetically modified? the way he coughed up fluids in that capsule was unnatural to say the least), was interesting, but you said yourself that it's your theory. I'd like to know how much of the points that you pointed out were actually referable to certain sources, and if possible what those sources are (like the thing about Slaine becoming a mech engineer? Or even that part about the Knights rejecting the Summons?).

Thanks in advance Hope, I'm sure we all really appreciated your efforts (I know I do).

You all guys makes interesting theorys, thanks >.<
Aug 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
@ L-Ryoshi

http://archive.moe/m/thread/11093640

Here, I give you this link. This guy sums up pretty much all information in A/Z archives without any speculation. There are many stupid people there too, but ignore them. Just focus on important part...

The generation things are HopeLight's own speculation. There is no confirmation of that...
Just_ChickenAug 25, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 25, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
When Slaine is against people using the princess, he's making reference to those old festering conflicts they want to do by using her as excuse somehow. He was never against the Earthlings using the Deucalion. It was the possibility she would become a weapon -because he misunderstood Inaho- that made him hostile. He is devoted to her and her dream: he wants peace just as much as she does.

Yes, I agree.

HopeLight said:
Slaine was 11 when he arrived on Mars. I don't know how trip from Earth to Mars in that rocket lasts.... I'm surprised a kid was sent like that. Slaine's very tough, isn't he? That's why I'm raising my flags about if he's fully human.

http://www.space.com/24701-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-mars.html. While the shortest distance, when planets are aligned and close, at calculated top speed with our technology travel time is about 39 days, the longest is 289 days. How long it takes to reach Mars depends on where in their orbits the two planets lie when a mission is launched and from the used propulsion system. The traveling in reality takes longer that 39 days, the actual route can't be a straight line, it works only in theory. Then again spacecraft was manned, maneuvers are possible during the flight.

In reality Marine 7 took 128 days (1969, flyby) and Mars Express Orbiter (2003) 201 days to reach Mars. All recent missions took over than 200 days. It seemed that in Aldnoah they used some kind of stacis/sleep pod technology judging from the liquid Slaine was coughing out of his lungs, so they used technology that isn't familiar to us. It is possible that Slaine and his father were sleeping the whole trip from Earth to Mars and only the pods were ejected from main spacecraft to crash land on Mars. The crashing part might been due to an emergency, Slaine almost drowned after landing from the liquids in the pod...
nirunaruAug 25, 2014 3:51 PM
Aug 25, 2014 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
But ok, shipping Hime away already, then what? It's hard for Inaho to talk to Slaine because they don't have the same wavelength. Slaine is too reactive and not clever enough. Ep. 7 shows us that very clearly.

I think Slaine is far from stupid. There are at least two kinds of intelligent people: the hardworking normal-type and then the total ingenious-type. Slaine is probable the former and Inaho is definitely the latter. But then again Inaho is Ingenious in one aspect but a bit lacking at other areas while Slaine is more evenly balanced.

Being emotional isn't a problem, in fact it might be great asset, if it doesn't cloud your judgement and ruin your ability to think and listen. Actually with AS types honesty, emotional response and being politely unfiltered works very well: you just need to be really straightforward and honest and forget all about the usual social quickstep. :P I don't see reason why it wouldn't work with Inaho.

Slaine was quick to follow and understand Inaho's ideas. The way they bickered during the fight, proved actually that they might be really compatible. I think Inaho was quite impressed, how Slaine maneuvered his batmobil. :D And mutual respect is essential for them to be compatible.
nirunaruAug 25, 2014 3:45 PM
Aug 25, 2014 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
chickenonthepan said:

By that time it will be too late to drop it... But yeah, Slaine is portrayed as the marty while Inaho is still in blank state!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 25, 2014 6:47 PM
Jul 2011
Can someone post this mysterious light picture? I have never seen it. I have only seen the one with the typical blue-green lights they have.

Generation is my extrapolation of the information we know justified in the information we have since the conflict and timeline began; I arranged it to be easily understood. It's not speculation.

What is speculation is the possibility Slaine is a test tube baby which is just based on the genre-cliches than anything said about him. The official sources keep being elusive and mysterious with his father and, in mecha shows, that usually means (when they involve their sons) they had mess with them somehow. Maybe I'm a cynical.

nirunaru said all I have to say on the matter of the combination. Inaho was impressed with Slaine's maneuvering. He covered him easily without being told when Inaho failed and Inaho did the same with Slaine. They make a good team but awful enemies because they have different set of skills.
Aug 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:

Generation is my extrapolation of the information we know justified in the information we have since the conflict and timeline began; I arranged it to be easily understood. It's not speculation.

Still, the generations things is your own interpretation of the official info.

There is no info about whether the first generation wanted war or not, or the third generation is all peace-loving people like Asseylum, and weather the second generation was raised in the condition like you say. The official info doesn't have such things. They are all your interpretation based on those information.

All the pure official info is on my link.That's all what we could know.
Aug 25, 2014 9:24 PM
Nov 2013
The people in this forum do not know the difference about LOVE AND obsession.
Who does not love himself can not love someone.
Any rational person knows that Sline not feel love, but rather that he has an obsession about the princess.
Aug 25, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

There is no info about whether the first generation wanted war or not, or the third generation is all peace-loving people like Asseylum, and weather the second generation was raised in the condition like you say. The official info doesn't have such things. They are all your interpretation based on those information.

Basing on parents, grandfathers and current children are not interpretations.

Ray is a grandfather, Asseylum's father, and Asseylum. The show supplies you the environment of the third generation. You deal with Heavens Fall on Earth, and a prosperous Mars in Slaine's and Asseylum's flashbacks.
Aug 25, 2014 10:39 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
chickenonthepan said:

Basing on parents, grandfathers and current children are not interpretations.

Ray is a grandfather, Asseylum's father, and Asseylum. The show supplies you the environment of the third generation. You deal with Heavens Fall on Earth, and a prosperous Mars in Slaine's and Asseylum's flashbacks.

One person doesn't represent the whole generation, especially the one in highest authority.

Ray may be a pacifist but other people of his generation may be not. The may hate UEF because UEF abandoned them on Mars. So when Ray's son called, they replied. You have no prof that the generation followed Ray's son attacking the moon is the first generation or second one, maybe both. (Saazbaum told that they live in the obital castles since father generation).

Asseylum loved Earth because Slain taught her many things about Earth. You think other Martian child could be that lucky? No, they will more likely hate Terrans like their parents. Because their parents most likely will teach them to hate Terrans.

And finally, saying something based on something is interpreting. As long as your lines are not listed on official sources, they are NOT official.
Aug 26, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
vieri32 said:
Any rational person knows that Sline not feel love, but rather that he has an obsession about the princess.

Well I would say that there are people who have tried to present valid arguments to back up their opinion about Slaine x Asseylum. After all, this is about speculating about romantic inclinations in this show. :) ( At least while there isn't any official pairings in the show)

But pitch in your opinion: why do you think Slaine is obsessed in more detail, I'm definitely interested. :) That way we can have better discussion about it. Topic stays interesting, if there are more people with different kinds of opinions.
Aug 26, 2014 9:18 AM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
vieri32 said:

Well I would say that there are people who have tried to present valid arguments to back up their opinion about Slaine x Asseylum. After all, this is about speculating about romantic inclinations in this show. :) ( At least while there isn't any official pairings in the show)

But pitch in your opinion: why do you think Slaine is obsessed in more detail, I'm definitely interested. :) That way we can have better discussion about it. Topic stays interesting, if there are more people with different kinds of opinions.

This is a good time to remind users of his official feelings:

http://i.imgur.com/XcxXJAE.jpg

Slaine--> Asseylum (loyalty)

The red arrow significance is unknown yet. It might indicate romantic interest or affection, but what matters the most to Slaine is his devotion to his princess which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.
HopeLightAug 26, 2014 9:26 AM
Aug 26, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.

Lol.

Well, it isn't clear yet that he was killed. Or did I miss the body? :)
Aug 26, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:
which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.

Lol.

Did he sidestep the giant laser sword that vaporized his castle?
Aug 26, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
nirunaru said:

Lol.

Maybe it just nicked his arm. ;)

(quoting Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail)

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: Look!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.
Aug 26, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
nirunaru said:

Lol.

It will be total asspull if he is alive. Just please the fans but totally bad writing.
Aug 26, 2014 9:48 AM
Dec 2013
HopeLight said:
nirunaru said:

This is a good time to remind users of his official feelings:

http://i.imgur.com/XcxXJAE.jpg

Slaine--> Asseylum (loyalty)

The red arrow significance is unknown yet. It might indicate romantic interest or affection, but what matters the most to Slaine is his devotion to his princess which impressed Count Idiot Who Got Killed.

Thanks for that character relationship info HopeLight, some good insight in there. Seems like no official romance planned (yet?).
Aug 26, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Seriously I have learned from movies and animes to not trust anybody has died until I have seen the body. These supposedly dead characters popping up are very common...
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.