Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
D.J hero, Played it for a week now it's collecting dust in my old room at my parents house...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2009
DLC maps for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Not sure why I was so hasty in buying them, seeing as the map design in Awakening is trash. The fan-servicey ones were boring to play and dialogue was average, so I could have done myself a favour and watched them on YouTube instead.
Apr 17, 2014 1:31 PM
bunny enthusiast

Dec 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
Mynorchie said:
Also I didn't imply that it's completely okay if you don't pay much for a bad game but do pay something. It's just a fact that it feels much better if you happen to lose a couple of euros over a not-so-good game than if you pay the full price. It makes gamers feel better and it gives Valve profit - so I guess that's an ingenious strategy. :D

Yeah, you're right about that, but think when people buy hoards of bundles with these couple of euros. Let's say instead of buying a game for 60$, you bought a hundred cheap games with 60$ off an indie bundle but you don't play them and regret their purchases. There's no way to get all these things refunded, especially the ones you don't like. Had there been a refund system, I would've sent away my Binding of Isaac copy just as I knew its terrible, but sadly I'm stuck with it.
Well, that is true. But what I meant in the first place were single cheap purchases, not loads of bundles. If you pay a lot for many games at once and you regret all of them, of course you're allowed to be disappointed. Bundles are always a bit complex, since it's not a possibility for everyone to like all of the games in them. However, sites like Humble Bundle do let you choose the price by yourself. If you aren't comfortable with buying lots of small games at once from Steam, there are other options too.

Lord_Pooka said:
These days it's just assumed that people watch trailers and read reviews before buying a game. You can't give back intact furniture you suddenly don't like just like that, so I don't see a problem with not getting back all of your money if there are no problems within the game itself.

But a game isn't furniture. What you see is what you get in the case of furniture. In the case of gaming however, you need to have sharp eyes and a level of expectations in order to reach the level of "what you see is what you get". You have to make sure a game isn't that badly buggy for the person, would run on the computer, would have elements that are lovely, etc. Sure a review might help, but try reading a review for an FPS game like the many hundred other ones you've played and figure out whether you want that FPS or not.

Steam only refunds pre-orders at the moment, and maybe that confirms the theory, Baka Newell wants you to pay a lot for the bundles, have your money, and get away with it unscratched because hey, he's Gabe Newell.
You don't always get to see what the furniture looks like in your apartment beforehand, just like how you don't see what the game feels or looks like with your own eyes. You just have to take small risks sometimes. It is possible to get lots of false information from reviews and such, but it's rare for a game to suck really much when the preview material is great. If you're afraid that a game is buggy as hell, then it's a possibility to wait for let's plays/other gameplay material and other evidence from the players themselves.

Everyone makes regrettable purchases, but mostly it really is the gamer's fault. For example buying a recently released game always has its risks. Also if the game doesn't run on your computer, you didn't possibly check the needed specs. But if you're looking for an older game, it's ALMOST impossible to buy a really bad game. Accidents do unfortunately happen, that is true. If the game has lots of bugs and such that make the game almost unplayable, then it's a different case. Then it's not your fault if no one knew about it.

(I would like to have a refund option because why not, but I understand why it isn't Steam's or anyone's responsibility to make one either.)
Apr 17, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2007
APB, Tera, and SWTOR.
Apr 17, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Portal 2, really hate those mazes.

But oh well, completed it in like two days or so.

Apr 18, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
Probably dayz standalone.

Was really rather foolishly hoping it was going to be like the old days of dayz mod but instead it's same old with lower fps, less content and more shoot on bloody sight :(
Apr 18, 2014 1:24 PM
Jan 2014
I rarely buy any games nowadays, but the last purchase that I regret without any doubts GW2.
Apr 19, 2014 8:27 AM

Nov 2013
The Defiance MMO, for full price. Fun gameplay, but absolutely no endgame -_-
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

Apr 20, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2013
Lighting Returns. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not worth paying full price. I actually pre-ordered it and regret it.
Jul 3, 2014 10:10 PM
Apr 2014
Deserada said:
3rdStrikeFreak said:
Ninja Gaiden 3 at full price...
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken and the game at full price as well.
Final Fantasy XIII at full price
Blue Dragon at full price
Sonic 06'...
Sonic Unleashed on the Wii
Mario Party 8 at full price
and so much more...
But these make me feel bad on spending so much money on medicore games.
Do you buy some extreme volume of games, or just the right ones to get screwed over?

That's a seriously pitiable lineup there. My condolences.

I buy a whole bunch of games. Basically I got screwed over with many of these titles. Also I'm a big fan of some of these franchises.
Jul 3, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
WET - I absolutely hate this game, I once wrote a 10-page rant about how much I hate it.

Remember Me - the only game I haven't finished from my 60+ games library (except for Resonance of Fate but RoF is a good game and I only didn't finish it 'cuz I'm grinding arena... for the last 4 years), it looked really promissing and interesting but it bored me so much I just couldn't go further (the memory sequences were ok but everything else... ugh).

X-Blades - well I'm not even sure if it counts since I didn't technicaly bought it but received it as a gift but I still think it was a waste of time.
Jul 3, 2014 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
I bought Dead Island 1 the same day I bought Dead Island 2 just because I wanted the whole collection. Haven't played the game once and not planning to. Thankfully it was only $5 but still.
Jul 4, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2007
I finally decided to buy a Call of duty game this year, it was at half price but we all know Activition mostly always keeps its games at full release price, despite being released almost 2 years ago, you can atm buy it on steam at 60 euros. So yeah, I bought it at half that price and I did not play it that much, about 4 hours, it's just not that fun too me, too casual, I prefer the more pseudo realistic Battlefield.

Another game I regret buying is Nether, it was an early access game on steam when I got it, it had an interesting setting but it's a complete waste of money and the reason why I won't buy another early access game.

If there are any other games I regret buying they were probably quite cheap so I don't really have anything to feel sorry about :)
Jul 5, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
Cross Edge. There isn't a thing I like about the game. Returned it the same day.
Jul 5, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
I regret buying Final Fantasy XIV because I've wasted so much time on the stupid thing. ;_;

Also Dragon Age 2. Surely this game will be good, because Origins was good! Nope. I think I began regretting it when I realised there were like 5 environments total in the game, so lazy.
Jul 6, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2010
Skullgirls. I played maybe half an hour of this game and I have it for a whole year. Sad thing is I like the game, just not that much I guess :/

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 6, 2014 2:33 AM
Jul 2012
Mount and Blade: Warband, I never really got into it.

I originally felt the same way about Garry's mod until I discovered all the anime mods.
Jul 6, 2014 8:38 AM

Mar 2014
This fucking thread still exists?

On topic: FO:NV. Even for twelve bucks, it's still a buggy, boring-ass piece of trash. It's basically Oblivion with guns minus the fun.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 2024 Videogames! What did you like, or plan to get?

rohan121 - Jun 18

16 by Galletita »»
1 hour ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

33 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

79 by BitChilly »»
5 hours ago

» An old game you always wanted to play ,but never got the chance to play it?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 20

15 by Rndmguypassingby »»
8 hours ago

» Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon VN

renz330 - Today

2 by KenaiPhoenix »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.