Forums

Discuss tv shows you are currently watching or plan to watch

New
Pages (34) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
MagnumBookworm said:
You probably will.

Although I like the Shield much more than the Wire, personally, I think the Wire is overrated. They do draw a lot of comparison among fans, which I actually wasn't aware of till I finished the Shield.

An 11/10 show can't be overrated (/fanboy), but serious matters aside you made me really wanna watch The Shield.

Finally finished Lost yesterday too (yeah, the ending really sucked as much as everyone said. Congrats to the writers -.-) so nothing's in the way of starting season 1 soon.

Oh, and anyone has thoughts on the second Sherlock episode? I really miss Moriarty/any kind of villain that is a challenge this season.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 7, 2014 5:11 PM

Nov 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oh, and anyone has thoughts on the second Sherlock episode? I really miss Moriarty/any kind of villain that is a challenge this season.
The lack of an intellectual rival is indeed a problem, but I think they are pushing the fanservice and bromance way too hard, and both episodes seemed to lack perspective. They are still very entertaining though, I like Mary, and the creative ideas are commendable. Like the text on screen when Sherlock was drunk, or the scene when he questioned the ladies, that was so well done.
Jan 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2010
zoknimano said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The lack of an intellectual rival is indeed a problem, but I think they are pushing the fanservice and bromance way too hard, and both episodes seemed to lack perspective. They are still very entertaining though, I like Mary, and the creative ideas are commendable. Like the text on screen when Sherlock was drunk, or the scene when he questioned the ladies, that was so well done.

Definitely, it's still entertaining and well done, it's just more s-o-l than mystery if you know what I mean. Two episodes without a big case just feels off. I hope episode 3 delivers on that front.
Jan 8, 2014 4:06 PM

Apr 2009
Oh Justified, how I missed you <3. Walton Goggins is one of my favorite actors on TV, and his portrayal of Boyd Crowder just makes the character all that much greater.

Also watched Sons of Anarchy's Pilot. I loved Sutter's work on the Shield, so I figured I'd give this series a go. Wasn't disappointed :).

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

An 11/10 show can't be overrated (/fanboy), but serious matters aside you made me really wanna watch The Shield.

To be fair though, I was watching the Wire at a break-neck pace, and managed to finish the first season. I still thought it was good, but I do plan to go back and give it a proper re-watch after I forget the details

Finally finished Lost yesterday too (yeah, the ending really sucked as much as everyone said. Congrats to the writers -.-) so nothing's in the way of starting season 1 soon.

Lost....I dread the day I start that monster. i watched the first 3 eps a long time ago, but I couldn't make sense of the story. So when i get back to it, I plan to just completely ignore the story and focus entirely on the characters.

zoknimano said:

Congrats, you just listed out EVERY problem I'm currently having with Sherlock. And thanks to the pushing bromance, I really couldn't help but keep thinking Sherlock might be gay for Watson.

Now I'm not sure if you guys have seen the preview yet for the third episode, but I think we'll all be getting a return to form if it is to be believed.
Jan 8, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
I just finished watching the first season of Orange is the New Black. I'm a bit surprised, I didn't think I wouldn't enjoy it that much when I started it, but those girls are a lot of fun.
Jan 8, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Finished the second season of Breaking Bad. Fucking brilliant.
4th season of Walking Dead is more of a guilty pleasure...

I'm planning to watch Suits and Sherlock in the distant future. Anime does tend to get in the way.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Jan 8, 2014 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
Lately, I have been listening to "The Men from the Ministry." It is a radio sitcom (basically like a TV series without the visuals) from the UK that focuses on incompetent but lovable government bureaucrats who bungle everything they touch. It started its long run in 1962, and the last regular UK episodes were made in 1977, but spin-offs in other countries continued after that.

The episode I just listened to, the eighth episode of the fourth series (April 7, 1968), was hilarious; it featured the bureaucrats' ancestors on a trip to the Wild West, where they attempted to introduce British-style rules and regulations into a typical Wild West town. They made the hitching posts into parking meters, had somebody's horse towed away, and attempted to restrict the operating hours of the saloons.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Jan 9, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, last season of Boardwalk Empire is this year.

Ironic, 'cause I just finished the latest season a couple of days ago.
Jan 9, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
started watching Lost. Why haven't I started it earlier?
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Jan 9, 2014 4:09 PM

Sep 2012
StillSwingin007 said:
started watching Lost. Why haven't I started it earlier?

When you finish it, you'll be like: "Why haven't I dropped it earlier?"
Jan 10, 2014 4:17 AM
Oct 2011
This seems more helpful than a separate thread.

Can someone recommend me some historical TV-series? Whether they're accurate or fantasy.
Already watched Game of Thrones and gonna start Rome.
Jan 10, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Currently finishing up season 4 of Breaking Bad, very very good, should be finished soon

Not planning to watch a great deal in the future, but a couple on my mind are The Walking Dead and Firefly. Are they any good? I believe they're quite highly rated but are they worth it?
Jan 10, 2014 6:17 AM

Nov 2012
Firefly is great because of the characters and humour, it was cancelled, damn you! but it's episodic, so it's not that big a problem. TWD has its ups and downs, I lost interest a while ago, but it's the most watched on cable, so yeah, I don't know, give it a try.

Candor said:
Can someone recommend me some historical TV-series? Whether they're accurate or fantasy.
The Tudors for somewhat accurate. Spartacus, Vikings, The Borgias are entertaining. Merlin for fantasy. Legend of the Seeker and The Pillars of the Earth maybe, I haven't seen them yet.

If you are fine with more recent times, these are really good: Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, Hatfields & McCoys, Carnivàle, Ripper Street, Deadwood, A Young Doctor's Notebook, Peaky Blinders. Most of them are only historical in setting though.
zoknimanoJan 10, 2014 6:48 AM
Jan 10, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
Spartacus is amazing. I am one of the few who really didn't like the Pilot, but the second ep really stepped up the series. Definitely one of my favorite TV series. Hell, the series has one of the best endings I've ever seen. Never before did I actually feel the need to cheer during a show until Spartacus went into that final battle, but I couldn't in fear of causing a disturbance through the whole house.

Just finished ep 3 of Sons of Anarchy, and it looks like Dutch Boy is gonna be gunning for the Sons :o. He was great in the Shield, so I can't wait to see his work here.
Jan 10, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
The Wire, I watched the first season a while ago and I absolutely loved it but for some reason I haven't continued. Of course, I'll need to start over to remember all the details...
Jan 11, 2014 7:24 AM

Oct 2011
Just finished watching the third season Game of Thrones. Season 4 is months away, enough for me to start reading the first three books.

Dat red wedding tho :I

BlueKiteJan 11, 2014 9:21 AM
Jan 11, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2012
BlueKite said:

I don't remember if they explained it in the series, it's actually a pretty big flaw if they didn't.
Jan 11, 2014 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
The only show I'm currently watching is New Girl, but there are several shows I'm waiting to resume which include Arrow, Mob City, The Walking Dead and House of Lies. Two shows I plan on starting soon are Boardwalk Empire and The Wire.
Jan 11, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
Watching innocent man now,
Jan 11, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
zoknimano said:
BlueKite said:

I don't remember if they explained it in the series, it's actually a pretty big flaw if they didn't.

Oh, hence the episode title

Jan 11, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
have been watching a few old episodes of murder she wrote with my mum :x

OLD SCHOOL BABY
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Jan 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
Just finished the 3rd season of 'Breaking Bad'
just started the 3rd seaason of 'Fresh Meat'
Started the new season of 'Sherlock'

just started;
'The Blacklist'
'The Tomorrow People'
'Orphan Black'
'Eastbound And Down'
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The new Community season looks pretty awesome so far!

And the new Sherlock episode was greatly entertaining, but the mystery lacked depth imo.
Iv only seen the 1st ep of the new season of 'Community', I did not like it too much, Im loving Sherlock though
jnw93Jan 11, 2014 11:01 AM
Jan 11, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Candor said:

Have you tried The Tudors? That's the only historical series I know, but my parents loved that.

Anyways, on-hold for me is Sherlock and Hannibal. I'm planning to watch Doctor Who.
Jan 11, 2014 4:55 PM
Oct 2011
I started Rome a couple of days ago, it's one great show so far.

And seeing the recs here, The Tudors will come after Rome. Thanks for the recs.

zoknimano said:
BlueKite said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw&hd=1

Jan 11, 2014 5:14 PM

May 2012
Currently Watching: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Naruto Shippuden, Detective Conan, Diamond no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal, D-Frag!, Nisekoi etc.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/sheidesu
Jan 11, 2014 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
watching: the walking dead, american horror story, once upon a time, the vampire diaries, game of thrones, regin
Jan 11, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2012
Candor said:

To all those recs, I'll add John Adams which is also a really good mini-serie.
Jan 11, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
Supernatural <3
Jan 12, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2012
KawaiJustsu said:
Supernatural <3

+

started rewatching from Season 1 until Season 9, currently on Season 1 episode 12 :D
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Jan 12, 2014 4:28 AM

Jan 2014
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
CSI
That's about it.
Jan 12, 2014 8:19 AM

Apr 2009
Finished the Pilot for Orphan Black. It was good overall, and holds great promise.

I was surprised that one of the characters also voiced Vaas in Far Cry 3. I could recognize his voice from anywhere.
Jan 12, 2014 8:52 AM

Dec 2010
The only shows I've watched with interest are Supernatural and Game of Thrones
Jan 12, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
I can't wait for True Detective tonight! HBO regularly kills it, and i'm first in line to ck out this drama
Jan 12, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2011
Game of Thrones season 4 trailer is here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_YktnQRGB8
Jan 12, 2014 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
^Oh dear... I think I'm gonna watch this a few times until April, haha. So many scenes from the book I want to see. So many characters.

Kirie_Himuro said:
I watched "Freaks and Geeks" and "My So-Called Life" awhile ago. They're actually 90s teen shows and that's really not usually my sort of thing but the character interactions are likeable. Also, for the fact I'm pretty sure people will remember and know of people like they are.
Freaks and Geeks is such a charming little show! But I knew nothing about My So-Called Life. On my endless PTW list it goes.
zoknimanoJan 12, 2014 7:01 PM
Jan 12, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
BlueKite said:
Game of Thrones season 4 trailer is here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_YktnQRGB8

that was hot. i was so glad i parked my ass on the couch in time to catch it.

btw, since i mentioned it earlier, i thought True Detective was pretty awesome. Its dense with characterization and story, but unexpected in many ways.
Jan 12, 2014 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
I am looking forward to watch True Detective, but I physically can't pick up any more shows, especially ongoings.

BTW if anyone is interested, the song from the GoT trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwT3DIIXWNA
A good choice for the trailer, but effective on it's own too.
Jan 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Feb 2010
Thanks for talking about True Detective, didn't know about it but will definitely give it a try soon! Also looking forward to watching the last Sherlock episode tonight.

Still unsure what I'll pick up next. Either The Shield or Rome I guess.
Jan 12, 2014 10:41 PM

Jan 2014
Breaking Bad. nuff said :D
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jan 13, 2014 2:09 AM

Dec 2013
watching Blacklist

planing to watch breaking bad, lol yep i have not watched a single episode of breaking bad XP
"Do not chase after who goes, Do not refuse those who come." - Yomi from Nightmare
:D
Jan 13, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
daintybiscuit said:
I can't wait for True Detective tonight! HBO regularly kills it, and i'm first in line to ck out this drama

I just finished watching the Pilot. I thought it was good overall.

Reminded me of the movie Zodiac, except with a weaker story and better characters.
Jan 13, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
daintybiscuit said:

I just finished watching the Pilot. I thought it was good overall.

Reminded me of the movie Zodiac, except with a weaker story and better characters.

i thought it was woven very tightly, without snapping. we'll see how it goes, but i think its gonna be good. script is ace, imo
Jan 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
still waiting for The Walking Dead and Person of Interest new season to end so i can do a marathon.... :)

currently watching South Park and Big Bang Theory's new season..
Jan 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
I also saw the Pilot of True Detective.It seems it will be really promising. The characters are very interesing, and the atmosphere is also a good point. I liked the minimal use of music, it was funny to notice that Woody Harrelson also had a role in a movie with a minimal use of music: No Country For Old Men.
Jan 14, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
Finished Under The Dome... not very satisfied with the finale, but still can't wait for the second season.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Jan 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2009
As I thought, ep 3 of Orphan Black kicked the series up a notch.

But that’s just icing on the cake considering dat Shameless premiere.
Jan 14, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
But that’s just icing on the cake considering dat Shameless premiere.
I know, right? That show always gets me... Incredible...

In other news, Archer is back. Oh boy.
Jan 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2009
Shameless is an incredibly underrated show. I only found out about it thanks to a friend's undying love for it.

And speaking of Archer, I'm on season 2 atm. Funny stuff.
Jan 14, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
Just watched the first episodes of Girls (DVR) S.3

i forgot how much i love those hateful, selfish little bitches. Adam rocks. Tho I do want to murder Marnie and Shoshana. I suppose thats part of the charm? ... lol
Jan 14, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
Are you guys talking about the american remake or the original Shameless? I just looked it up and found out there are two versions.
Pages (34) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» good songs?

Haikyuu_ForLife - Yesterday

6 by KayKimii »»
3 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Apr 26

264 by ScaryOwl »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

8574 by KitsuFrost »»
8 hours ago

» what kind of music do my fellow weebs like? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ToxicSnake1 - Oct 23, 2019

231 by Yuno »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

» New devil may cry animated series

Old_School_Akira - Sep 19

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.