Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (95) « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 88 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2013 2:58 AM

Dec 2009
So ... yeah.. *lies on the ground* I've made new layout after half a year. Any feedback, pwease?

Now I can die in peace. Not sayin' I'm actually satisfied though, maybe when I wake up later..
Dec 10, 2013 6:44 AM

May 2012
complete photoshop noob stopping by so:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

anyways, I wanted to share it with you x)
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Dec 10, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
Isa__ said:
So ... yeah.. *lies on the ground* I've made new layout after half a year. Any feedback, pwease?

Now I can die in peace. Not sayin' I'm actually satisfied though, maybe when I wake up later..

So dark and sexy, I like it but the cat thingy ^^ I think it needs some shadow and lighting adjustment I guess ;P

iNaruX said:
complete photoshop noob stopping by so:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

anyways, I wanted to share it with you x)

XD don't worry just practice.
Dec 10, 2013 11:51 AM

May 2013
Isa__ said:

I like it ^^
Dec 10, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2009
relic-san said:
Isa__ said:

So dark and sexy, I like it but the cat thingy ^^ I think it needs some shadow and lighting adjustment I guess ;P

It has them already >>> Original

It's not like I didn't try to make the contrast greater, it just looked crappy when I did, so I left it like this.

But still, thanks!
Dec 11, 2013 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
@Isa__: your welcome ;)
Dec 18, 2013 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
Soooooooo I finally got around to making a full layout for myself. Since i don't know how to use textures I ended up filling space with c4ds. Feed back would be awesome. Thanks!
Dec 18, 2013 5:01 AM

Nov 2008
@Jeav: The first thing I noticed is that your assets are over sharpened. The roughness really detracts from the whole piece. The visual flow in your layout could also use some work. The top and bottom halves of your layout seem like they belong to two different designs. It's mainly because the C4Ds you used were different, as well as the negative space being much more apparent in the bottom half.

As for the text. I'm not really feeling your font choices. You have a sci-fi/mechanical vibe going on in your theme, but you chose to use generic fonts that don't really mesh well with the elements surrounding them.
Dec 18, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
Thanks for the feedback so far. I know my typo needs a lot of work. Pretty much the only thing people tell me about these days, especially Isa/Squ. This is my first piece that has been this big and had more then one focal so I could work on my flow for sure. I originally had 1 c4d that I used in the whole thing, but it just looked bad/over used.

Also about the over sharpened parts. I usually am really against over sharpening stuff and pretty much never do it, but this time it just looked better for some reason. Maybe it was just 3am and I was going crazy, but I swear it just looked better to me.
Dec 18, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
@Jeav: Everything what marco said, but I personally dislike all those.. blue and red dots you put all over the layout. If you want the C4D's colors to be brighter, I'd rather use white instead and overlay. As it is now it looks a bit weird. Though without, I'm sure it looks really really good. At the very least, it is a great improvement from the last profile.
Dec 25, 2013 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
@jeav: I'm not sure where is the main focus of the theme of your layout. Yah as they say font and also the lights should be improve same with the dept and sharpness they should be balanced.
Jan 28, 2014 6:32 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
bump bump
thread died
New about me, second time ever, i need more textures in my life
Feb 3, 2014 10:37 PM

May 2012
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/034/3/9/profile_layout_by_ryuugens-d751ijq.png

My first profile layout I've ever made. I'm pretty proud of it even though it's not that amazing. Can I get some thoughts and feedback?
Feb 3, 2014 10:48 PM

Dec 2009
Ryugen said:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/034/3/9/profile_layout_by_ryuugens-d751ijq.png

My first profile layout I've ever made. I'm pretty proud of it even though it's not that amazing. Can I get some thoughts and feedback?

It looks very good for your very first layout :3 Only thing I'd really complain about is that it looks somewhat empty at certain places. Like between the pictures and the top and the lower part especially.

But you know, the longer I look at it, the more I think the top artwork and the rest of the profile are two seperate things. It doesn't have a certain harmony a layout should have. Try working on that. It's a great start nontheless and I nominated you in Best Profile Design ;3
Feb 3, 2014 11:00 PM

May 2012
Isa__ said:

It looks very good for your very first layout :3 Only thing I'd really complain about is that it looks somewhat empty at certain places. Like between the pictures and the top and the lower part especially.

But you know, the longer I look at it, the more I think the top artwork and the rest of the profile are two seperate things. It doesn't have a certain harmony a layout should have. Try working on that. It's a great start nontheless and I nominated you in Best Profile Design ;3

Thanks, I really have no idea how these things work O.o
You didn't really have to nominate me, I doubt I'll win even a round.
Feb 4, 2014 12:13 AM

Apr 2013
Ryugen said:

wow that looks good for a first profile. Its nicely done especially the upper part but the is lower half is little bit messy together with that scratchy looking texture and why is the color quality of the render in lower-left side decrease?

gonna look forward to your next profile design ^^
Feb 4, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2009
Ryugen said:
Thanks, I really have no idea how these things work O.o
You didn't really have to nominate me, I doubt I'll win even a round.

You gotta try :3
Feb 4, 2014 10:27 AM
Oct 2011
Updated.

Ryugen said:

This is your first layout?! It's pretty good for first one. You improve your skills with signatures
and now with profiles. :O
Feb 4, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2013
Exo_x said:
Updated.

It looks really good
Feb 6, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2011
Updated, sorry. /o\
Feb 8, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2009
mushypoo said:
Updated, sorry. /o

The way you added quotes is very pretty. Well, it's very pretty overall.

Also updated. But, ugh, it was supposed to look completely different, don't know what happened ^^" Any tips on what I should work on more in the future, anyone please?
Feb 8, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2011
Updated! Third profile.

Any feedback is welcome! :)
Feb 25, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2012
Hey there! I'm hoping to make my next profile design a lot better and to do so I need some questions answered. I'd love it if you guys could take some time and give me advice.

To get started...

Why are some profile designs broken into separate images? And how? I thought a lot about it but I can't think up of any significant reason.

What are the thought processes you go through as you prepare to create one? Do you draw up a design beforehand or think it up as you go along? What do you use for inspiration?

What types of fonts do you particularly like or tend to use?

How do you make the whole thing blend together? Do you make adjustments at the end or is each step made to go with the previous one?

What kinds of things should I add to my design? Are there any certain tutorials or resources I should see/get?

You can answer only one or all of them, any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
Feb 25, 2014 5:09 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Ryugen said:

Why are some profile designs broken into separate images? And how? I thought a lot about it but I can't think up of any significant reason.

It allows you to link certain things to other places, such as an anime list, manga list, a tumblr, a deviantart, youtube videos... a bunch of things. Splitting it up and then arranging the bbcode in the about me will combine the spliced image to make it looks like one image.
Imagine it like this...

Ryugen said:

What are the thought processes you go through as you prepare to create one? Do you draw up a design beforehand or think it up as you go along? What do you use for inspiration?

I am quite new at photoshop but I do edit videos a lot, inspiration for me comes from the music I listen to while I edit. I tend to have a general idea, and make changes along the way until I feel satisfied. Asking others on opinions also helps.

Ryugen said:
What types of fonts do you particularly like or tend to use?

I would love to know lol. Techno font for things relating to music... manga font used for the speech bubble... but those are sorta obvious.

Ryugen said:

What kinds of things should I add to my design? Are there any certain tutorials or resources I should see/get?

Well, I can sorta help with bbcoding...
I always stare at others about me to see how they did this and that as well as experiment with things while I photoshop.

I already told you this...
but you have an amazing about me.
Feb 26, 2014 10:07 AM

May 2012
Thanks a lot, Zelot!
I guessed it was about the bbcode thing, but some profiles don't even have links but they still split them up. Anyways, you were a great help.
Feb 27, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2013
Ryugen said:
Thanks a lot, Zelot!
I guessed it was about the bbcode thing, but some profiles don't even have links but they still split them up. Anyways, you were a great help.

Some image hosting sites make big pictures blurry so, they split them.
Feb 28, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2009
T___T two years haven't opened my photoshop at all and now after such i long time i started to design a spring profile :)) half done, i think :-? but something doesn't feel right.

"Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils"
Vicious. Cowboy Bebop
Mar 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2012
New layout. My second one I have actually put some time into. Still not very comfortable making them. Let me know what you all think :)
Mar 24, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2013
Jeav said:
New layout. My second one I have actually put some time into. Still not very comfortable making them. Let me know what you all think :)

I think it's pretty awesome~
Mar 24, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
Made a new one :)
Mar 24, 2014 8:38 PM

Sep 2010
Conceicao_101 said:
I like it. The about me text is kinda hard to read though.
Mar 25, 2014 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
Jeav said:

Like it much more than your previous one. Good job :3
Mar 25, 2014 9:17 PM

Apr 2013
Updated. unsure of fonts for the time being. If someone can suggest a good one that matches it'd be helpful since I don't know many. The idea was to go as simple as possible.
Mar 25, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2012
@Jondoom - I personally think it would be better to cut it off after the first picture or right under the eyes. As for fonts, go to dafont.com and just browse for a while.
Mar 25, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
I was on there looking and found the ones I used. I like the script one. It fits the theme of the show. I'm indifferent towards the block text though. I believe it's called Kirsty. It does look kind of good if I end it immediatly after the second set of eyes, almost like they're tearing out of the bottom of the page. I don't want to cut it out after the first picture for my profile. I was going to use that middle section for a signature. If I shrink it, it should be perfect.
Mar 26, 2014 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
Jeav said:

I like it!

Conceicao_101 said:

One Punch Man! Awesome.
Mar 31, 2014 6:13 AM
Jun 2011
I've made this layout a while ago, but decided not to put it in my profile unless I fix everything, it's also my first one so I want to know what you guys think about it :3
http://i.imgur.com/LJuOowf.png
I actually don't really mind negative feedback.
Thank you in advance!
Mar 31, 2014 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
yuusan said:
I've made this layout a while ago, but decided not to put it in my profile unless I fix everything, it's also my first one so I want to know what you guys think about it :3
http://i.imgur.com/LJuOowf.png
I actually don't really mind negative feedback.
Thank you in advance!

It actually looks pretty cool, I like it!
Apr 2, 2014 10:16 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
still a noob at photoshop...
second third layout i have ever made...
May change a few box sizes...
Apr 2, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
Zelot said:
still a noob at photoshop...
second third layout i have ever made...
May change a few box sizes...

I think it's neat. As a suggestion, and I'm no expert, but maybe make the boxes wavy like the large box on top. It'd make it look more uniform.
Apr 7, 2014 7:09 PM

May 2013
Updated mine, did a more simple design this time.
Suggestions and criticism would be nice!
Apr 7, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2010
Updated mine too, it's big and blocky. Designed after the Kagerou Project series. Suggestions and criticism would be nice.

busydude said:
Look's great. I think the play button is a bit off center but that could just be me. It'll be nice if you could make those links actual links too. Otherwise, good job!
Apr 7, 2014 8:15 PM

Dec 2009
Updated my profile as well. And it's been not even 6 month for this one \o/ I'll slice later.. too tired now.. ;w; Please, some feedback~

busydude said:

I liked your previous design a lot more.. that is if I'm not confusing you with someone else.. The new one is kinda boring and too straight, not bad though. Is that broken image over the layout somehow important? (or is it just me that can't see it?..)
Apr 7, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2010
Isa__ said:
Updated my profile as well.
busydude said:

I liked your previous design a lot more.. that is if I'm not confusing you with someone else.. The new one is kinda boring and too straight, not bad though. Is that broken image over the layout somehow important? (or is it just me that can't see it?..)
Hard to read but looks modern and glassy. Really nice. I can't see any broken image, btw.
Apr 8, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2013
Isa__ said:
Updated my profile as well. And it's been not even 6 month for this one o/ I'll slice later.. too tired now.. ;w; Please, some feedback~

busydude said:

Where's the broken image? And I agree.. It does look boring xD

Yours is really nice but like animeoppai said, the texts are very hard to read
Apr 8, 2014 3:38 AM
Nov 2011
busydude said:
Where's the broken image?

I'm not pretty sure if this broken image is what Isa's talking about, but yeah, there's a broken image at the top.
Apr 8, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2013
Hmmm maybe's something wrong with the hosting site; the top part is a GIF with a picture fading in and out..

Picture:
http://s9.postimg.org/3khf39yhr/image.jpg
Apr 8, 2014 7:22 AM
Nov 2011
busydude said:
Hmmm maybe's something wrong with the hosting site; the top part is a GIF with a picture fading in and out..

Picture:
http://s9.postimg.org/3khf39yhr/image.jpg
Wow, batman \o/
Then I guess there's no choice but to upload it on a different hosting site. If you're uploading the images on postimg, use imgur, I think that is the best one so far.
Apr 8, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2009
Mhh I can read it fine and if I can, anyone can \o/ you just have to try. I'm always trying to make it 50% aesthetic, 50% informative. But I guess it's always 80% aesthetic OTL It's not that I didn't try making it higher opacity, but then it popped out too much, which it should not. It was hard enough making it not look crammed and the top not look empty in comparison.

Thanks though ^^
Apr 8, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2013
Unsatisfied with the code breaker one, updated again.
Pages (95) « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 88 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My Tampermonkey Scripts ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

hacker09 - Jul 2, 2020

325 by hacker09 »»
1 hour ago

» Ghost Lounge by Moog!

Moog - Yesterday

3 by traed »»
7 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

393 by nin-tendo »»
Today, 9:02 AM

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1014 by ekabu24 »»
Jun 27, 8:09 AM

» NSFW Arts | Digital vs Traditional (Why not do Both?)

mufarari - Jun 14

2 by mufarari »»
Jun 26, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.