Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 29, 2013 1:11 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:

Page? (Again I've got MMO running and another manga open so not much time to go page hopping)

And if he dies then its not invalid, he gets to be with ancestress and Zero gets to be with Yuuki.

He's indulging her again (like a big brother would) and incest isn't a big deal to them anyway. But if you (not literally you but anyone who says it) say that Zero is just a 'best friend' to Yuuki then I'll say that Kaname treats her like a little sister. Basic point is: don't degrade Zeki by saying they don't have romantic love and you'll get no response from me. Though I do honestly believe that this explains his constant spoiling her and trying to push her onto a path he thinks is best for her, regardless of what she thinks, and in this sense makes me dislike Kaname a little less since big brothers are supposed to dote on and spoil their little sisters.

It's on pages 28 and 29

The idea that big brothers are supposed to dote on and spoil their little sisters is a bit idealistic to me but that's probably because my own brother has never treated me this way and I've never come across a big brother that does treat his little sister this way in real life. To me a big brother-little sister relationship is more like Ichigo and his little sisters where he cares about them but they bicker on occasion. Probably why I've never seen Kaname and Yuuki as having a big brother little sister relationship :\
Jan 29, 2013 3:21 PM
Dec 2012
Um don't kill me or anything but what was the chapter that those pages go to and what were we talking about? ._. I completely forgot what we were talking about in the time since we last talked. I've had my head knee-deep in Nisekoi and re-watching Blood Plus (oddly in which I totally support the one that would fit the "Kaname role") so my mind has been distracted ._. like I said don't kill for this.

Well to me this is the only way I don't get annoyed with Kaname constantly doting on her cause it makes it seem like all guys are supposed to do this or else they don't get the girl. Well yeah I guess it may be idealism but its just how I see it, might be because I don't have a sister thus I imagine its how I may be towards one. This is one of my reasons for being more for Zeki than Yume (is there a difference between this and KanaYuu? cause I'm really trying not to offend you or anyone else here cause my close friend told me I was a bit too harsh in my last response so I'm honestly trying to watch what I say, ugh I may have been tamed >.>)
ragingxJan 29, 2013 3:30 PM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Jan 29, 2013 3:36 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:

Um don't kill me or anything but what was the chapter that those pages go to and what were we talking about? ._. I completely forgot what we were talking about in the time since we last talked. I've had my head knee-deep in Nisekoi and re-watching Blood Plus so my mind has been distracted ._. like I said don't kill for this.

Well to me this is the only way I don't get annoyed with Kaname constantly doting on her. Well yeah I guess it may be idealism but its just how I see it, might be because I don't have a sister thus I imagine its how I may be towards one. This is one of my reasons for being more for Zeki than Yume (is there a difference between this and KanaYuu? cause I'm really trying not to offend you or anyone else here cause my close friend told me I was a bit too harsh in my last response so I'm honestly trying to watch what I say, ugh I may have been tamed >.>)

Haha, no problem ^.^

It's from chapter 64 (pages 28 and 29)

Here's the quotes from our conversation

ragingx said:

Again Kaname has been in love with the Ancestress, iirc he even saw her in Yuuki though I'll have to go back and look it up later. He treats her as he would a little sister not a lover (the constant coddling, spoiling, and giving in to her wishes). She's in love with BOTH Zero and Kaname thus the idea that this could explain her actions falls short.

Narutowolf77 said:

Also I think the moment you're thinking of is in chapter 64:

Kaname internal dialogue: "In my childish mind, I felt that I had seen those eyes somewhere before. And then, for some reason, I thought, this time I want to keep protecting this warmth."

He could have been referring to the Ancestress when he said "I felt that I had seen those eyes somewhere before" but it's more likely that it was the 'vision' of Yuuki herself (from earlier in the chapter) that he is referring to.

If you're asking if there's a difference between Yume and KanaYuu then not really, it's just the fans preference for how they refer to the pairing. I use both but tend use Yume more since the romanized version looks like the Japanese word for 'dream' and I kind of feel the word dream is a bit poetic/romantic in a sense ^.^'
Jan 29, 2013 3:42 PM
Dec 2012
So you don't mind me using Yume? Its just easier to type and its also the one I've been running into the most on forums like these.

Now see to me it would seem that he's referring to the ancestress because of the 'this time I want to keep protecting this warmth' as in he failed with the ancestress thus in Yuuki he sees a second chance.
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Jan 29, 2013 3:59 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:

So you don't mind me using Yume? Its just easier to type and its also the one I've been running into the most on forums like these.

Now see to me it would seem that he's referring to the ancestress because of the 'this time I want to keep protecting this warmth' as in he failed with the ancestress thus in Yuuki he sees a second chance.

Whatever floats your boat :)

Hmm, it could be possible that he's actually referring to both simultaneously. As in he's mixing the memories of them together in his head, that actually seems more likely than him clearly referring to one or the other as he doesn't remember his past and Yuuki and the Ancestress are similar. It's been known to happen to people (I once thought a scene I had read in a book was from a manga because my mind had mixed together a dream I had had about reading a manga about the book and the actual memory from the book o.O).
Jan 29, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2012

Well I guess but tbh I really do think he's truly in love with the ancestress, and don't worry I'm not going to try to make a huge list or anything about it just stating my own personal opinion on it. If you think about this then even if Hino does go a route that involves Kaname's death then he can still have a happy ending, a light of hope for Kaname fans I think (well the ones that have a bad feeling in regards to what will happen to him)?

Hmmm I usually don't mix up stuff like manga stories, god love being a writer as imo this is what trained my mind in this regard, but it does occasionally happen where I'll swear x event happened in x story (and will argue it into the ground) then find out that it was a completely different manga. Luckily I don't dream or at least don't remember them so no mix ups in there xD and I'm rambling cause that was basically it unless you have something else you want to talk about? xD As long as its not degrading to Zeki or Zero I can be civil its when these two are looked down on or degraded that I get riled (assuming you didn't notice this but I dunno)

Completely unrelated note: I finally figured out how to do the bloody signature xD
ragingxJan 29, 2013 8:28 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 30, 2013 1:29 AM
Jan 2013
ragingx said:

He's indulging her again (like a big brother would) and incest isn't a big deal to them anyway. But if you (not literally you but anyone who says it) say that Zero is just a 'best friend' to Yuuki then I'll say that Kaname treats her like a little sister. Basic point is: don't degrade Zeki by saying they don't have romantic love and you'll get no response from me. Though I do honestly believe that this explains his constant spoiling her and trying to push her onto a path he thinks is best for her, regardless of what she thinks, and in this sense makes me dislike Kaname a little less since big brothers are supposed to dote on and spoil their little sisters.

Haha this is incredibly funny. Do you think it's normal for your older brother to want /desire you to have long hair and wear cute little high heels? HAHA

He's asserting his power over her for his little happinesses to visually please him because she's his woman and you don't just use power over someone like that because you think of them as a sister lol

btw that thing about him recognising her eyes is because of Yuuki going back to his past and him seeing a "vision of the future", his feelings for her are real and can't be compared to the ancestress lady. I used to think that maybe he did still love her after wanting to take over her job and let her rest but I think that was his self-destructiveness manifestating itself once more because he had come to believe that Yuuki's happier with Zero or loves Zero more, and she has had a hard time convincing him of otherwise. Hope he knows now xD
Kaname_NAJan 30, 2013 2:30 AM
Jan 30, 2013 3:26 AM
Dec 2012

When did I ever say this first part? If anything this would be more objectifying than romantic. It is however normal for a big brother to spoil, speak softly, and try to do what he thinks is best for his little sister. At least if I had a little sister this is how I'd be towards her, as opposed to my lover. tl;dr: I'd spoil my sister but not my lover.

She's no one's woman, nor is any woman any man's property. Do you really think its love to try and make someone over to fit your liking? I personally accept the one I care about as she is and wouldn't want to change her a bit as I'd hope she would me.

In certain ways Yuuki is happier with Zero, in other ways she's happier with Kaname. These don't mean one is per se better than the other. Zero is a tsundere and Kaname is a deredere thus have two different roles they play and very misleading trying to compare them. I personally prefer a tsundere as you have to actually earn their love and affection since they hide under layers upon layers of protection and when they finally do tell you they love you its for real and is an undying resolve but I accept that this is just my preference, this isn't meant to imply any degradation to deredere fans.

The ancestress was his first love long before he ever even met Yuuki, considering it was the true ancestor Kaname before his reincarnation. This isn't to say that he doesn't love Yuuki, its to say that she isn't the only one for him (similar to how Maria and Yori are mentioned as alternates for Zero) and honestly if people's bad feelings are right and he is going to die would you rather he be alone or with his first love? In this way I'm actually trying to show some compassion towards Kaname, which is hard for me to do.
ragingxJan 30, 2013 4:00 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 30, 2013 6:07 AM
Jan 2013
Obviously he is slightly treating her as "his" in the few instances you see shes wearing cute dresses and high heels because he likes it , and likes her beautiful long hair, and she rebelled and cut off her hair when she was like "i love you so i must KILL YOU" xD

its not like hes trying to change her but she wants to do those little things that make him happy because that's what being in love is like

in large part, you can see he has her wrapped around his little finger and she is absolutely smitten by hiim and listens to almost everything he asks of her and will take his side/accept his opinions always xD

And hii narutowolf thank you :D I love seeing fellow "Yume" lovers! They've been my OTP since forever, but once he made her a vampire and I found out they had a past before her memory blockage that was it for me, I was sold on this pairing and knew there was no other pairing to root for :)) I love Kaname so much , when I played dota 1 for a few years my name was Kaname and the reason my name is Kaname_NA is cause Kaname is my league of legends summoner name bahaha xD

I'm crazy about this character and if there is any character I could bring to life it would most definitely be Kaname. He is the most gentle and sweetest character I've ever seen in any story and I've been moved by his feelings for Yuuki and vice versa for many years now =] You could say she's living my dream of getting to be with the most beautiful creation in all of history and through her my desire is satisfied xD Kaname samaaaa<3
Kaname_NAJan 30, 2013 6:22 AM
Jan 30, 2013 6:28 AM
Dec 2012

And from a certain perspective I can take this as 'cherishing' her but at the same time he does need to understand that she is her own person and not his to decide things for, though I kinda do like long haired Yuuki more than shoulder length xD.

If she chooses to try to change herself to make him happy then this is one thing and can indeed be interpreted as a form of love/romance, sort like if I were to actually start fully shaving instead of leaving my goatee because my gf prefers it to be smooth. Though I would still say that she shouldn't take it too far and should still maintain things she likes, as in relationships you have gives and takes and acceptances.Its the way you put it before that made it sound like he was pushing her to be to his liking which I highly disagree with as I believe that each person should be themselves.

Well to a certain degree I do think this is true but I don't think this is really just his fault. Yuuki tends to get submissive around him mistaking this for how you are in love and he tends to want to indulge her and do things he thinks will make her happy. Do I personally like this type of relationship? Not even remotely but I'm willing to accept it as just one that I don't like and not insult it.
ragingxJan 30, 2013 6:31 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 30, 2013 7:14 AM
Jan 2013
We are opposites then raging because I love seeing a romance that has such strong feelings and complete devotion, it seems more pure and an unrelenting love to me that way x) I guess me and hino-sensei have the same taste in romance :P (aren't I lucky) maybe that's why I have followed their story as long as I have. To the normal person it seems obsessive, controlling...but to me, it seems passionate and eternal. Feelings that will last forever.

Which is a good deal if you're a vampire :)
Jan 30, 2013 9:07 AM
Dec 2012

And honestly that's fine as we're two different people that probably have different personalities and things we value/dislike. Though this shouldn't impact anything too much as long as neither of us tries to truly insult the others' opinions. I agree that on both sides (Zero and Kaname) the romance is strong, in each character's own way their devotions are strong, both do have a strong love that won't fade, and Yuuki truly does return both their love. I really do think it depends on what character's personality you tend to relate to, for me its Zero (tsundere) and for you I assume, don't want to put words in your mouth so to speak, its Kaname (deredere).

Well technically all 3 of them are vampires so I guess its a good time for them? xD

I am honestly trying to ride a non-biased train of thought on this, though I fully admit to being a Zeki but really I just don't see the need to try and judge which love is stronger. Both sides have equally good reasons for their opinions.
ragingxJan 30, 2013 9:29 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 30, 2013 7:21 PM
Jan 2013
Well chapter 89 was a big disappointment <--- that is an understatement

I'm still pissed at Yuki. Imo, she would have been more "forgiveable" for taking Zero's memories if she had taken everything. Before people start ranting about this post, read that sentence again. I NEVER said that erasing Zero's memories is acceptable. NEVER. I'm just saying that if she was planning on erasing Zero's memories, why would she only erase the ones that he cherished?

If she was going to take his memories, she should have at least taken both the good and the bad. That way he can start over completely. The only reason that Zero had the will to live (especially with everything that's happened) is because he was in love with Yuki and that he wanted to kill all pure bloods. So now that he doesn't even have memories of Yuki, he's just a killing machine with no other purpose.

Kaname, Yuki, and Izaya are the only pure bloods left (iirc). Kaname is trying to kill himself by becoming the parent, Yuki is trying to kill herself to turn Kaname into human, and Izaya is probably also going to die for some other reason. So once they're all gone, what's Zero's purpose? Nothing. Other people would move on and find something else but Zero can't. He's had everything taken away from him and doesn't have anyone to love so when those three idiots finish their business, his only choice is to kill himself.

Read this if TL;DR --> Bottom line: Yuki made everything worse by putting Zero in the absolute worst position. Actually, scratch that. She didn't just put him there, she pushed him there. <-- Read this if TL;DR
Jan 30, 2013 9:08 PM
Mar 2011
Aisein said:
Well chapter 89 was a big disappointment <--- that is an understatement

I'm still pissed at Yuki. Imo, she would have been more "forgiveable" for taking Zero's memories if she had taken everything. Before people start ranting about this post, read that sentence again. I NEVER said that erasing Zero's memories is acceptable. NEVER. I'm just saying that if she was planning on erasing Zero's memories, why would she only erase the ones that he cherished?

If she was going to take his memories, she should have at least taken both the good and the bad. That way he can start over completely. The only reason that Zero had the will to live (especially with everything that's happened) is because he was in love with Yuki and that he wanted to kill all pure bloods. So now that he doesn't even have memories of Yuki, he's just a killing machine with no other purpose.

Kaname, Yuki, and Izaya are the only pure bloods left (iirc). Kaname is trying to kill himself by becoming the parent, Yuki is trying to kill herself to turn Kaname into human, and Izaya is probably also going to die for some other reason. So once they're all gone, what's Zero's purpose? Nothing. Other people would move on and find something else but Zero can't. He's had everything taken away from him and doesn't have anyone to love so when those three idiots finish their business, his only choice is to kill himself.

Read this if TL;DR --> Bottom line: Yuki made everything worse by putting Zero in the absolute worst position. Actually, scratch that. She didn't just put him there, she pushed him there. <-- Read this if TL;DR

There would have been no point in taking all of Zero's memories as the reason she did it was so she wouldn't have to worry about him as it was his love for her that was starving Zero and making him close to falling to Level E. If she had taken all of his memories he would have been as helpless as a child just like she was completely helpless after her mother suppressed her memories and made her human and it would have defeated her purpose.

I don't see any reason why Zero can't move on and find someone else when he has a ton of people that care about him and would support him such as Maria, Kaien, Yagari, Kaito, and Yori to name a few as all of them have demonstrated concern and caring for Zero. In my opinion if he is not capable of moving on with so many people supporting him it would make him look pretty stupid and pathetic much akin to how Sasuke looked back in the first half of Naruto when happiness was staring him straight in the face and he ignored it. I think that his new purpose would have something to do with managing the hunter's association as the next president (if he doesn't recover his memories) or striving to make bring the vampire and human worlds together because its what the girl he loved would have wanted (if he does recover his memories), similar to how Kaien changed as his personality was once a lot like Zero's.
Jan 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Mar 2011
ragingx said:
Zero I dunno since Hino seems to love torture him

Why Hino?
Why so mean to Zero...
EdefremJan 31, 2013 8:22 PM
Jan 30, 2013 10:01 PM
Dec 2012

Allow me to point out that thanks to Yuuki's memory erasing the Maria connection has been damaged, if not destroyed since it depends on if he's willing to try to get along with her. I'm sorry but I would hate for Zero to have any love for Yuuki left at this point, considering all thats happened. If he does join the Hunter's Association as its leader this would be a very bad thing since again thanks to Yuuki's erasing his memories he only wants to kill all vampires. Honestly it would've been better to just kill him back in the beginning of the story rather than to give him a reason to live only to take it away so that he can suffer later.

Oh and I dunno if you remember me mentioning the whole big brother doting on his little sister thing but I finally remembered an example of it being shown: Pandora Hearts: Oz toward his sister Ada, that's what I meant back when we were talking about this.
ragingxJan 30, 2013 10:54 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 30, 2013 10:02 PM
Jan 2013
Edefrem said:
ragingx said:
Zero I dunno since Hino seems to love torturing

Why Hino?
Why so mean to Zero...

It beats me too, hino just too bias to him. Hino wants us to fall victim to sympathise zero?
Jan 30, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
asx-nici said:
AmrodAegnor said:
I'm disappointed, Hino-sensei.

I thought that Hino Matsuri is better than this. :( Well, I still think she is a talented mangaka. :) But if she does not like this manga anymore, she should end it already and start a new one.

She can't start 1000 new mangas and I will NOT read them!! As a mangaka she is dead to me!!
Jan 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm sick of all the bad stuff happening to my favorite Character, if its crappy, it happens to Zero! This chapter pushed it to far! There are 4 people that know this happened to Zero and not one of them cares. The headmaster even cut Yuki off mid explanation with " I don't have time to deal with that right now" are you friggin' kidding me??
Jan 30, 2013 10:54 PM
Jan 2013
So like if the ending is like Twilight (If Hino was inspired by the ending of it or something -I will seriously sue her, and like say "WTF NO. YOU DO NOT LET ZERO FREAKING FALL IN LOVE WITH YUKI AND KANAME'S CHILD. NO JUST NO. EDIT IT RIGHT NOW.")

Anyways when the manga ends, my words for Matsuri Hino.

"Thank you Matsuri Hino for creating such a sexy beast like Zero <3333333333 I only love you because of that."
Jan 31, 2013 1:43 AM
Jan 2013
Zero's purpose in the story is to cater to girls who like this kind of cool tsundere world on your shoulders tragic character =P Kaname's purpose is the love story element provided and for girls who like sweet and lonely characters you just want to hug forever. Fans fall in love with either of them through Yuuki's interaction.

Yuuki's purpose is to let Zero fans have some satisfaction by connecting to him, and also for Kaname fans to have satisfaction with her connection to him as well.

It is a well crafted plot catered to make us fangirl nonstop til the end, that is for sure. Look at each time Yuuki goes back to Zero, it's not because she's a bitch and forgotten about Kaname, it's a device used to give some love to Zero fangirls. Nothing more =p

Hino's discrete way of saying "I haven't forgotten about you" but in the end the plot is hers, just as Kaname is her choice of male protagonist and partner to the main character Yuuki. It's been obvious to me since the start that Zero appeals to mass western fangirls of this manga, and I'm not sure who the Japanese girls prefer, maybe someone can educate me on that if they had a popularity poll or such... so it's unfortunate that Hino's preferred choice doesn't cater to alot of western girls who follow this series.
Kaname_NAJan 31, 2013 1:48 AM
Jan 31, 2013 2:41 AM
Dec 2012

And as I've said before Zero's part is as much a 'love story' as Kaname's is, saying anything else is purely bias b.s. Oh and you left out some words in that description of Kaname namely: lying, manipulating, controlling, and objectifying. Are you trying to say eastern fangirls want these traits cause I can't imagine anyone wanting them? As I state further down my friend proves this to be false. I honestly don't understand how you or anyone else can try to romanticize controlling or objectifying someone. This isn't a bash on Kaname so much as it is that I can't imagine anyone wanting especially these 2 things. I will never try to have someone dress how I want them to, have their hair like I want it, or anything else as I respect them as a living being with rights and a personality of their own. I would have fallen for them because of who they are so why would I wish to change this? (this isn't me asking as a Zeki person but just as a person as I truly do not get it)

*cough* and western males *cough* though in my case I relate to Zero a lot more than I do for Kaname, who has certain traits I just can't like but this is my opinion.

And just so you know this "it's a device used to give some love to Zero fangirls. Nothing more =p" can easily apply to Kaname as well, obviously substituting 'Kaname fangirls' instead of 'Zero fangirls' . She goes back to Zero because she loves him the same as she loves Kaname, to say otherwise is pure bias b.s.

Personal preference shouldn't affect the story, it should just be whatever way the story develops. I could honestly care less where the story goes but I hope someone worthy (Maria) steps up to the plate for Zero if Yuuki does die or w/e.

I have a friend thats from the 'east' and she can't stand Kaname (neutral on Zero) so obviously this isn't as simple as east and west. Its a matter of what values you hold in high regard and who you relate to/fantasize about.

Any so to speak thorns in this post is from degrading Zero or Zeki and this is me still being restrained.
ragingxJan 31, 2013 4:42 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 31, 2013 1:06 PM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
There would have been no point in taking all of Zero's memories as the reason she did it was so she wouldn't have to worry about him as it was his love for her that was starving Zero and making him close to falling to Level E. If she had taken all of his memories he would have been as helpless as a child just like she was completely helpless after her mother suppressed her memories and made her human and it would have defeated her purpose.

I don't see any reason why Zero can't move on and find someone else when he has a ton of people that care about him and would support him such as Maria, Kaien, Yagari, Kaito, and Yori to name a few as all of them have demonstrated concern and caring for Zero. In my opinion if he is not capable of moving on with so many people supporting him it would make him look pretty stupid and pathetic much akin to how Sasuke looked back in the first half of Naruto when happiness was staring him straight in the face and he ignored it. I think that his new purpose would have something to do with managing the hunter's association as the next president (if he doesn't recover his memories) or striving to make bring the vampire and human worlds together because its what the girl he loved would have wanted (if he does recover his memories), similar to how Kaien changed as his personality was once a lot like Zero's.

I thought that Zero would fall to Level E anyway? He never got to drink Shizuka's blood. All Yuki did was delay it with a temporary solution, then what?

The reason I said that it would've been better for Yuki to take "everything" is because it would give Zero more initiative to start over. Since only his memories of Yuki were taken away, it was basically only his happy memories that were taken. I might be wording this wrong but I can't seem to put it in a different way... *thinks harder*

But anyway, that same reason also accounts to why I don't think Zero would be successful in moving on from his past. Almost all his life he's been suffering and his only goal is to kill all the pure bloods. However, all the pure bloods have already made plans of their own and will die the way that THEY wish to die. Zero doesn't have any say in it. What will he think of himself? A failure? Someone who failed to get revenge for his family. And with the way he was acting to his classmates at the Academy, do you really think that he wants to move on? Do you really think that he wants to love someone? He's someone without any happy memories so why wouldn't he want to just kill himself once his "purpose" in life has been accomplished?

Also the last part of your post doesn't make sense. Why would Zero want to ever bring the vampires and humans together? Vampires made his life miserable, there's no way that that's gonna happen. Also you should already know that he doesn't want to be the Hunter Association president. He is disgusted with himself for being the very thing that he despises. He's a vampire. Yet, another reason that he wouldn't want to live longer than he has to.
Jan 31, 2013 8:12 PM
Dec 2012
I'm totally in agreement with you. Not to mention as I've mentioned before this action of her's also sabotaged my secondary pairing for Zero since how can he be with Maria when he hates vampires? Poor Kaien got a major intelligence downgrade too so all around negatives =.= though I truly do think he's going to break out of Yuuki's mind erase since I just think Zero has the will power and caring for Yuuki to do so.
Fav ships:
Jan 31, 2013 8:25 PM

Mar 2011
HL2290 said:

It beats me too, hino just too bias to him. Hino wants us to fall victim to sympathise zero?

But you can say that same thing about Kaname too, with the whole "Oh every shitty and cruel thing I've done to others was just to protect you Yuuki, 'cuz I'm so lonely *cue swooning Kaname/Yume fans*, so that makes it all okay right?"
Jan 31, 2013 8:54 PM
Jan 2013
@ raging

I didn't say asians preferred Kaname it's probably a lot more even than western fans though. That's really cool you're a guy reading this that makes me happy to see a boy care so much about a shojo :))) Sorry I didn't mean to offend I'm just looking at the point of view from the mangaka who aims to please everyone and of course she loves Zero but she definitely cherishes this Kaname character she created and wants Yuuki to love and be with him "ultimately" (yuuki's word) :P

P.s. I want you to understand the manipulating/controlling aspect of this relationship

If you ever find feelings of "true love" that is more powerful than anything you've ever felt inside yourself, that it cannot even be compared and all your past loves will seem like they were nothing, you might find yourself understanding what it means to want to be their everything and give them anything that makes them happy/happier Because those little compromises just don't compare to a less happy partner. Kaname's requests were small little things -that weren't that hard- to comply with. Kinda like how Ino thought Sasuke liked girls with long hair ( I doubt he ever said that lol) so both of them grew their hair long. I think the KEY thing to this example is that both Ino and Sakura knew they had feelings for Sasuke, but they weren't ever sure what Sasuke felt for them, so they wanted to do whatever they could that might make Sasuke like them more! (reminds me of Yuuki, like the chapter she says "I'm still not even sure what you think of me")

That kind of mind blowing/life changing love happened to me only one time out of numerous "loves" so I guess I'm a bit fortunate that I know what it's like to want to change to what makes your lover happier(without really compromising yourself). I've never felt for anyone like I felt for this one person, it was a complete and utter state of being in love. The feelings just come from this purer higher place and the person just becomes your everything. You might be unsure if they like you the same way, you want them to like you more , or you don't want them to leave your side. I think in a way that's what Yuuki feels for Kaname, except she's all three!

I guess this feeling, to do whatever your lover wants can come from a very -clingy and desperate, full of doubt- love and you can definitely see this in the latest chapter when she won't let go of him. *she doesn't want him to leave her* . That welcomed "manipulation" is probably a side affect of a deep-seated wanting of someone to not leave you. So in a sense, the form of her love......clingy.. wanting..loneliness.. fearful, has sprung to the surface with chapter 89. And suddenly it becomes clear why she wanted to change the little things for him. She's been unsure of his true feelings for her this entire time. Her love has slowly morphed into these feelings and I truly hope things will work out for them :'( I don't like to see them both hurting like this.

I just had another thought... Zero liked Yuuki "just the way she was" and never needed her to change anything... but when she changed the Vampire aspect suddenly he found himself still longing for the human Yuuki. Kaname on the hand always knew about Yuuki's vampire self and when she changed he of course accepts this self of her, where's Zero rejected it. And the character development has shown Zero slowly lose himself to his feelings for who she is rather than what she is, but I think his feelings clung onto their past and what she once was to him.

When she entered his heart she found his feelings of love for the OLD her.. when he loses his memory he says "don't steal her from me" .. I think the her he's referring to might be the old her he cherished rather than the new her. Just a thought, dunno if it's the truth of not - Kaname loves the real her, Zero loves the old her. ? :) Trying to make sense of Yuuki's final destination. Also didn't Kaname ask one of the pure bloods to turn Yuuki human after he was done with sacrificing his heart? It could go this way and to that "neither of them remember each other"

but that would suck god? Yuuki would lose her memories a second time, that's too crazy. probably not gonna happen. I wrote alot >.> Oh yeah, just because Yuuki is doubtful of Kaname's feelings doesn't mean her fears are necessarily true. If I didn't believe Kaname felt for her what I think he does, that it was completely one sided on Yuuki's part, I wouldn't have stuck around for this long! :P
Kaname_NAJan 31, 2013 9:55 PM
Jan 31, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
Orulyon said:

Congrats Yume shippers and from the bottom of my heart with all the honesty, Im truly wishing that Yuuki stays with Kaname forever (no, Im not being sarcastic) and truly wishing that Zero never remembers her face again.

That is exactly how I feel. I want yuki and kaname to die like they both want to, and Zero to go on in ignorant bliss! 'Cause if it ends with the whole Zero raising Kaname's baby thing.. So help me!! I'm sick of him getting crapped on, so he can be the bigger person, Its literally OLD! Seriously, I will not be happy, and Matsuri Hino will have a 1 star rating and a bad review on every manga series she writes, til the end of time!! I will make sh*t up!! I will never get the time I have wasted on this series back!

Vampire knight: Twilight for people who hate Twilight. ..

...And don't think I won't know your series if you use an pen name Hino-san, they are the ones with character bias and stolen plot endings!! ...Yeah, I'm mad!!
viciousgirlFeb 1, 2013 10:12 AM
Feb 1, 2013 12:15 AM
Dec 2012
@Kaname_NA

I don't think there is really an area basis its just people that like certain traits go with certain characters imo. To me its another story not really about genre title (I also read and loved Shinobi Life which is in this genre) and tbh I've stuck to it to see what happens to Zero. I don't know about 'loving Zero' cause Hino has repeatedly raked him over hot coals =.= Well as a writer myself I say that it shouldn't be based on personal preference but where the story develops it to go to. I actually see possibility of Zeki still happening but it really depends on Hino.

Again I can't agree with this belief as I believe that you love someone for what they are. I care for a friend of mine currently because of how she is and I wouldn't ask her to change a single thing about herself as those things make her the person I care about thus these are the things that make me happy. Imo a person shouldn't be expected or asked to change anything about themselves as then they're not being themselves, or the person I fell for, but instead they've crossed into objectifying territory.

I've cared for and allowed exactly 2 people to get close to me in the manner you're implying. And in neither case did I try to alter them. The one right now knows how I am and accepts me as I am and vice versa. If she were to change anything about her I don't know if I'd really be happy as it would be her anymore but more just my fantasy placed onto her.

As a Zeki fan I don't know if I could truly root for them to succeed but I won't insult it either, I just want something different. Welcome to my feeling in regards to Yuuki and Zero when they're apart from each other or before Zero had accepted his feelings for her even as a pureblood and was being distant to her, though I can understand this.

When Yuuki changed to her pureblood form it caused a rift in Zero, partially because of his lineage and partially because some part of him believed the pureblood had 'eaten' the human Yuuki (sort of like if pureblood Yuuki had killed the human in front of him). Over time he started accepting her and realizing that the pureblood Yuuki hadn't really destroyed the one he remembered but rather merged with her thus he started to allow himself to feel for her again. Kaname accepting the pureblood Yuuki isn't that hard of a thing since she's the one he knew before so this isn't a large transition for him as opposed to Zero, who only knew the human Yuuki.

The human Yuuki will always hold a place in Zero's heart but the pureblood Yuuki was also gaining a place as well so its really not a matter of one or the other. I have to disagree with notion of pureblood Yuuki being the 'true her' as I believe both human and pureblood Yuuki's are two sides of the same personality and in this sense are both a 'true her', if not would she have retained some of the human Yuuki's traits? I personally think that Zero will regain his memories as I think his love and will power are strong enough to accomplish it. Even if Zero doesn't regain his memories and meets the once again human Yuuki I believe that they will get together since they would still be the same core people as they were before and over time would grow close again. Oh and the name of the pureblood you're thinking of is Isaya and yeah Kaname asked for him to change Yuuki back to human.

Again I'm biased in this regard as I'd be fully in support of this as its in a sense a form of 'rebirth' for both Zero and Yuuki. Oh and in regard to writing a lot, welcome to my world again xD I tend to do that a lot. I don't doubt Kaname's feelings for Yuuki or her's for him but I also don't think that those feelings out-weigh the ones between Zero and Yuuki. I would've stuck around regardless since I want to see the story unfold.
ragingxFeb 1, 2013 12:20 AM
Fav ships:
Feb 1, 2013 2:58 AM
Jan 2013
Ah yeah, It's not just Kaname wanting her to do something he likes but also she probably understands herself to be a "vampire princess" of the Kuran clan and must be fitting of the role she is in. Kuran clan were the most prestigious of all and the pureblood family that always ruled over all vampires weren't they? She probably knows she can't carry on as tomboyish as she's been as a human so she won't bring shame to Kaname in front of the people that expect beauty and grace out of her. So doing those things he likes might also be a "newfound' status thing for her... :))

I agree the outcome depends on Hino but as narutowolf has said , Hino-sensei has made comments about "yuuki being where she belongs" (with Kaname) that's why I'm still able to believe that they're destined for each other in Hino's eyes, but time will tell ..
Feb 1, 2013 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
I guess not a lot of love for this chapter, as for me.. i like it though.. ^^a
wow, don's sue me now, i just saying this becuz i'm such a fan to both of kaname and zero..
Yuki did kiss zero, but she already gave up zero when she is erasing his memory of her, so i guess it's fine by me when she is go to have some love scene with kaname (she's being vunerable and sad at that time too,becuz of zero thing and at last knowing what kaname real plot) this is just how Hino sensei gave some to Zero fans and Kaname fans at the same time.. ^^
Feb 1, 2013 9:42 AM
Dec 2012
@Kaname_NA

If this were the case I'd be a bit disappointed in Yuuki, which tbh is recurring theme with her not to try to bash her but its how I honestly feel. Who cares what others think of her? She should be as she wants not how the arrogant and self-centered vampire nobles, with a few exceptions ofc, think she shoud be. I mean look at Juuri in the past, she was beautiful and elegant but didn't conform to anyone's expectations and Haruka never tried to change her. He accepted her as she was and loved her as such, one of the reasons I love this couple so much.

Well Hino is entitled to her opinion though I highly disagree with her in that I think she should truly be with Zero. If Hino is going to go down this path the least she can do imo is start to build Zero x Maria or even Zero x Yori (her fiance can disappear for all I care xD) cause its truly unfair to not have him be at least somewhat happy after all the events that have happened. He won't be truly happy, as I believe that Yuuki is the only one that can accomplish this, but I think he could at least not be miserable (and tbh I kinda like Maria and Yori more than Yuuki as they both notice Zero's feelings, loyalty, and devotion while.) Here's hoping that the next whatever amount of chapter are left, heard 3-4 and all the way up to 6-8 so I dunno what to guess, won't be solely focusing on Kaname and Yuuki. I'll choose to think of the manga as ending at 88 if this does go for the Kaname x Yuuki end but that's not to say anything about the manga (or KanaYuu) its just how I'd rather remember it, the kiss at the ball will forever be my favorite scene since I get what it means to Zero and that he finally gets to show how he really feels making the scene shine even brighter and makes my heart beat faster because of the emotion I feel there being someone that has issues expressing his feelings too.

@Yozora_Hikari

I really just feel that it was just half-thought out. Too much of a shift in one chapter effectively imo 'flipping the script'. And I hate how Kaien's intelligence was degraded in the chapter =.= Not to mention that all the main characters development (for like the last +5 chapters) got set back. Yuuki is back to being submissive and forgiving to Kaname (after finally showing some actual will during the previous +5 chapters), Kaname is back to being just a single-minded guy rather than having a grander reasoning, and Zero has been set back to hating all vampires (after finally admitting that he can/does love a indeed love a vampire). And I really just don't get the feeling that the memory erase is going to hold as I feel that Zero's will + love for Yuuki will break out of it, at least this is how I would do it in my stories but then again I don't do LT's as I prefer focusing on a single pair romance but multiple pairings. And I swear if Shiki x Rima and Ruka x Kain aren't made official by the end I may rage to no end xD
ragingxFeb 1, 2013 10:05 AM
Fav ships:
Feb 1, 2013 10:48 AM
Feb 2013
God this chapter was awful. All plot development and character development destroyed in one chapter. I don't think Hino has any idea where she is going with this story. I think she has finally given up on her story and is trolling both fandoms to sell the love triangle. Can someone please tell me what was the point of the second arc? Yuuki's character didn't develop, she's still selfish and weak(I can't believe she forgave Kaname this time!). I thought she would confront him and stop him. But she disappointed me yet again. Zero's development is probably negated since he lost his memories. Kaname is given free pass for all the shit he did just like that. Its ridiculous. So stupid how everyone conveniently forgot that kaname manipulated Zero, killed Shizuka and all those purebloods. No explanation was given just cause Aido's father lives and this was all done for yuuki(how any of this helped her still confuses me). There is no logic to this story. Now some stupid villains will be introduced who I am sure will die randomly without any purpose. My only hope is for Zero to get a happy ending(because he's the one who deserves it the most) with anyone Maria, Yori. I am just done with Yuuki and Kaname's character -_- It's amazing how they bring out the worst in each other. If it hadn't been for Zero I would've dropped this manga a long time ago.
Feb 1, 2013 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
K so I couldn't help but the read the chapter .. 1, 2, 3.... 20 more times and more observations and more comments so here I go.

So like is kaname wearing his shirt during their love making scene

So why is yuuki crying while they are in bed?

Is it the fact that he's gonna throw his heart in the furnace or because she's loosing her virginity or because she's regretting or she's overjoyed or what but she definitely doesn't look over joyed and it better not be because of regret if not I'm dropping the manga ( which is next to impossible) and going to Japan to give three shots to hino matsuri.

One for wasting my time
One for getting my hopes up for a yuuki and kaname ending
One for letting me get addicted to vk and letting me dowm!

I sacrifice a lot for this manga! And ppl (that r not into mangas) tease me all the the time cause its kind of impossible to not talk about your obsession even when no one wants to hear ... Tsk.

She better update fast and do a bonus of giving two chapters at least, at a time.... Tsk

Ok so I knw that yuuki and kaname are meant to be because even though she likes zero (which just pisses me off, don't like love triangles) it kinda obvious that she will end up with kaname.... Why

1) kaname had a vision of yuuki
In the past, so from the novels I read it's usually the one you meet first that you end up with ;)

2) kaname really loves yuuki
Has waited along time. It
Would be stupid that after
The ten years of waiting
She then goes to zero. If that
happens I'm ashamed to
Have been obsessing over the
Manga. If that happened, there would be no point of this manga

3) these little more scenes
That hino put up of kaname
Killing pure bloods, was to
Show yuuki how much she loved Kaname well all u can see that kaname has given yuuki a chance (indirectly) with zero but nothing happened between them. And! Wasn't it zero that kissed yuuki? Not the other way around?, I'm not sure, but she didn't respond..,...I think. Gosh!!! Yuuki stop with the mixed feelings. I swear Hino is driving me crazy!!

4) zero is just an obstacle ( sowi kero and yuuki fans.. >_< don't eat me pls ) that
Yuuki has finally taken care of by erasing his memories of her. Even though they wa she did it was quite cruel, well love ain't easy. Now that zero's memories are gone there's no going back .... She now has kaname to concentrate on

5) chairman counts on yuuki to hold kaname back from flinging his heart into the furnance, so well I just hope she's able to keep him in bed.... And that won't be their last time together. So.... Yeah

BUT! There is a tendency that zero will remember ... And then if this happens the manga will just become complicated.... There are so many ways this could go.

1) zero could remember his memories and decide not to tell anyone.

2) zero could remember and remember her cruelty and decide to kill her ( which is next to impossible)

So!
My conclusion is that ...... The manga has gone into a twist ... Yeah I'm wishing ya luck hino-sensei so don't let moi down.

Vk forever!! ^_^
Feb 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2010
windeen-windy said:
Angeleyes991 said:
To me this chapter is tying lose ends and of course stating important things.

1) The most important part is that Yuuki erased Zero's memories in order to "save him". I believe Zero's hunger was killing him because he only desired Yuuki and her love when he doesn't get it, he is basically starving. Also, by disappearing from Zero's life, i feel that Yuuki is no longer attached and is free to return to Kaname without worrying about Zero.
2) It felt to fast the moment when kaname and Yuuki finally give into there love, it seems as though the whole relationship will end up horribly.
3) Finally! The final villain has appear, the Toumas!
4)Aido's dad is alive! Big shocker there! ~sarcasm~

I really am trying to put together the whole manga but its been very difficult. Please don't give up on the manga because its really good. Just got to look deeper to understand all the psychological warfare in it!

Pretty much agree with most of the above quote.
It's part of the reason I am still holding out a sliver of hope for Zeki. I'm not delusional either >_> There are definitely ways it could work.

Some reasons:
#1) He said; "If you don't know where your heart belongs, I'll show you- if your ok with someone like me" <-- She's a very confused teenager. Now, I'm not saying I agree with what they did. However I can see her deciding that, after that, she didn't love him in that way.

#2) I think she loves Zero as a lover. And Kaname as a brother. It's clear he cares for her but seems to have already given up on her romantically, from my pov anyway.
Mainly what makes me believe this the most is the small convo between page 33 and 34. To me, that sounds like a confused girl in love but no longer sure who she is in love with, or what her feelings for Kaname are. And outside forces aren't helping her confusion any.

#3) Page 40, where the scene that's being talked about most is, the close up of her face looks (to me) like a girl who has had a realization and isn't too happy with it. That could be interpreted any number of ways, I agree.
But that's my take on it. She doesn't look the least bit happy to me, I think she's regretting what she's doing as she's doing it and realizing who she really loves.

#4) Kaname's plan may be to ultimately bite her, and remove her memories of himself, then leave before she wakes up. If he were to do that, I think I may start to love him again. She said it herself, he could have erased her memories of Zero, but in saying that, she might have given him an idea about erasing himself instead, it's just a thought, but one I really love, even though I can already see a few ways that would also turn into a disaster.
The situation she was last in, that would get her to let her guard down completely, even if she decided she loved Zero as a lover, and Kaname as a brother.

I can understand how Zero lovers (Which I am one) can hate her easily for her choices and that's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. However, I think she shouldn't be hated because she's portrayed as a confused girl. I think Hino is drawing it out far too much honestly though in her attempt to make Yuuki seem real.
When she tries to make things better- she seems to make Yuuki's situation 10 x's worse.
However, I can still see a number of ways each character can change the situation for the better.
I can also see some that would make things appallingly worse.

Until I see her say firmly in a chapter and make the motions to back up what she says, who she loves one way or the other, or until she's dead, or until she does something to make me lose any hope or faith in the character, I will continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.
I can't bring myself to like Kaname again. I did once. But he has done very little to make me go back to liking him.
I like Yuuki and Zero both.

But I don't necessarily want to see the characters together as things stand.
I'm just stating my reasoning for not hating or giving up on her.
At the moment, I think pairings of Zero x Yori; Aidou x Yuuki and Kaname x Furnace are more to my liking.... but again, thats just my opinion.... and there is the Zero x Yuuki Pairing that I always loved. That I would only be happy about if it twisted a bit more into something where it would seem natural for them.

True lol kaname x furnance? Wow ...

It's too bad thought I can't stop lyking kaname no matter how much I try.... He's stuck in ma head they way an actual person I have feelings for should be stuck in ma head ..... I'm not crazy
Feb 1, 2013 1:43 PM
Dec 2012
@kuranlover7891

"I sacrifice a lot for this manga! And ppl (that r not into mangas) tease me all the the time cause its kind of impossible to not talk about your obsession even when no one wants to hear ... Tsk."

Just ignore these kinds of people =.= If you enjoy your manga then enjoy it and they can go to...well you can figure the rest of this line xD

"Is it the fact that he's gonna throw his heart in the furnace or because she's loosing her virginity or because she's regretting or she's overjoyed or what but she definitely doesn't look over joyed and it better not be because of regret if not I'm dropping the manga ( which is next to impossible) and going to Japan to give three shots to hino matsuri."

My personal beliefs are:

1) that she's regretting her actions, which Kaname told her before hand she would as her heart lies with Zero (though I say he's wrong in this as her heart is torn between them evenly)

2) she realizes what will happen the next day and everything that has happened/will happen is setting in

"4) zero is just an obstacle ( sowi kero and yuuki fans.. >_< don't eat me pls ) that Yuuki has finally taken care of by erasing his memories of her. Even though they wa she did it was quite cruel, well love ain't easy. Now that zero's memories are gone there's no going back .... She now has kaname to concentrate on"

God I wish some KanaYuu's would accept that he and Yuuki love each other and have just as much reason to be together. As a Zeki fan even I'm willing to admit that both guys have this and that neither are an 'obstacle'. Its been hinted already, if you pay attention, that Zero could regain his memories via his love for Yuuki.

"BUT! There is a tendency that zero will remember ... And then if this happens the manga will just become complicated.... There are so many ways this could go.

1) zero could remember his memories and decide not to tell anyone.

2) zero could remember and remember her cruelty and decide to kill her ( which is next to impossible)"

3) Kaname sacrifices himself to restore Yuuki to being human and making new 'parent metal' and Zero regains his memories then gradually he rebuilds his relationship with the new human Yuuki.

4) Same as above except that Zero doesn't regain his memories but they meet again both and gradually build a new relationship.

5) Yuuki sacrifices herself to turn Kaname human and he starts a relationship with Zero (and the KaZe fans yell 'Told you it wasn't impossible!')

6) Hino could do a major twist and have the purebloods from the end of 89 kill them all and end the series on that note.
ragingxFeb 1, 2013 3:11 PM
Fav ships:
Feb 1, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
I love all you guys posts, I'm glad to see people not giving up hope and keeping faith. I just can't anymore, sorry. This plot has done back flips and cart wheels and everything else. I really believe Yuuki is gonna end up pregnant, I really do. I guess is Hino's mind there is no better why to tell a love story then with teenage pregnancy. I am so disgusted with this women right now...

Purebloods have to have babies with Purebloods... Thats the fact is all this that I can not let go of, and its wrong if what I'm thinking is!
viciousgirlFeb 1, 2013 3:33 PM
Feb 1, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 2013
Here is the ending that I will be happy with:

Akatsuki x Ruka, Shiki x Rima, Zero x Happiness

If Kaname x Yuki happens, I don't care. I'm a Zero fan and I believe that Yuki has turned into a selfish, manipulating idiot. (Note that I said "has turned". I used to like Yuki's character so this is quite a disappointment for me.) She had no right to mess with Zero's feelings. If she was planning on erasing his memories in the first place, she shouldn't have let him kiss her. Letting him kiss her just gave him needless hope.

I also don't care if Kaname or Yuki or both die. To me, that would be a good riddance. However, if Yuki doesn't die and wants to go back to Zero, there is only one way that can work out. Yuki needs to back out before anything else happens with Kaname.

Sure, they are shown to be in bed together but we don't know for sure yet what EXACTLY has happened. If they really did do it, I hope that Zero lives in blissful ignorance but if he remembers I hope that he will shoot her. If Yuki and Kaname DIDN'T do it, then fine, she can go back to Zero. But even if she goes back to Zero, I'm hoping that he doesn't remember her. I want Yuki to work for something she threw away, I want to see her make Zero fall in love with her all over again.
AiseinFeb 1, 2013 2:50 PM
Feb 1, 2013 10:45 PM

Feb 2013
1 thing fou sure~ i could not wait for the new chapter now.. :3

lol Zero is going to the old Kuran's house where Yuki and Kaname is doing "something" in the bed.. x3 (sorry about me fangirling here~) <3 <3
Feb 1, 2013 11:32 PM
Feb 2013
Had to make an account to add my (well, my sister's, really) two cents....

To be honest, I don't really care much for Vampire Knight. However, it's my sister's favorite manga and she's constantly sharing details of the latest chapter and/or an epiphany she's had about the plot or characters.

That aside, she just mentioned something that I found to be rather true:

If Kaname hadn't killed Zero's parents and blahblahblah, Zero would have never fallen in love with Yuuki. Had Kaname left Zero and his family alone, the only way Zero and Yuuki would've ever had a chance to interact would be through Kaien..... something about how he's an ex-hunter and Zero's parents would've still been hunters (most likely).....

Meh, it made more sense when my sis said it :P
Feb 2, 2013 12:45 AM

Feb 2013
jeojeobean said:
Had to make an account to add my (well, my sister's, really) two cents....

To be honest, I don't really care much for Vampire Knight. However, it's my sister's favorite manga and she's constantly sharing details of the latest chapter and/or an epiphany she's had about the plot or characters.

That aside, she just mentioned something that I found to be rather true:

If Kaname hadn't killed Zero's parents and blahblahblah, Zero would have never fallen in love with Yuuki. Had Kaname left Zero and his family alone, the only way Zero and Yuuki would've ever had a chance to interact would be through Kaien..... something about how he's an ex-hunter and Zero's parents would've still been hunters (most likely).....

Meh, it made more sense when my sis said it :P

Actually, it makes sense since Zero already mention that in chapter 88.. ^^
he said to Yuki, "if we both human we will never meet each other" or something like that.. xD
Feb 2, 2013 3:58 AM
Dec 2012

And if Rido had never gone through with his revival plan then Kaname would've never been brought in to the current timeline to meet with Yuuki. There's still a chance that Zero and Yuuki would've met considering that he's of the hunter lineage and Kaien would likely still be attempting to bring the two races together. In any case 'if Kaname had never manipulated the situation with Zero's parents then he and Yuuki would never have met thus its justified' doesn't absolve Kaname just as Rido's bringing actions, which are in the same line of thought as Kaname's from point of view as everything he did was out of 'love', don't absolve him (note not saying you were trying to imply anything but I have seen this justification mentioned before and I disagree with it everytime.)

he said to Yuki, "if we both human we will never meet each other" or something like that.. xD
I take this as him trying, in his own passive kind of way which is in everything he does, that he's learned to accept her as she is because if she wasn't that way then they wouldn't have ever met (though I disagree with him as I believe in the 'red string of fate'). To me Zero and Yuuki's relationship was built around acceptance and growth and is one of the reason I hope they're together but just my opinon. No matter what happens in the end for me the pinnacle of series was the kiss at the ball as both of them were finally being honest with themselves.
ragingxFeb 2, 2013 4:16 AM
Fav ships:
Feb 2, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
I must agree with everyone, Zero deserves someone better, I have loved Zeki for a long time, some chapters gave me hope, but others make me hate Yuuki and call her names...well, for me this one was the end of it.
I think he would be happier with Maria or maybe Sayori, but Maria is my fave to end up with him now.
Feb 2, 2013 2:01 PM
Dec 2012
bittersweetlove said:
I must agree with everyone, Zero deserves someone better, I have loved Zeki for a long time, some chapters gave me hope, but others make me hate Yuuki and call her names...well, for me this one was the end of it.
I think he would be happier with Maria or maybe Sayori, but Maria is my fave to end up with him now.
If he can be happy with either of these I too would go with either of them, and I agree that I like Maria since she's the most like Yuuki thus probably the most compatible with Zero. Just a matter of could Zero be actually happy with them or would his stupid heart continue to yearn for Yuuki =.= sometimes the heart can indeed be a foolish thing.
Fav ships:
Feb 2, 2013 8:54 PM
Feb 2013
I personally loved this chapter!
I have been rooting for Kaname and Yuuki from the very start because I do think they're supposed to be together, full stop. I think Zero is destined to be with someone else, someone who can give him what he deserves and Yuuki can't do that.
This chapter finally answered my prayers and confirmed that Kaname wasn't just a crazy vampire and that he was doing things for reasons, and I'm so glad he's back... So glad!
I guess the whole sex scene bit came as NO surprise. If I'm really honest I'd already presumed that they'd done it a long time ago been as though they were living together for over a year.

I hope the plot carries on this way. KANAME X YUUKI!

www.wayfaringdoll.blogspot.co.uk
Feb 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2013
Miyukison said:
I personally loved this chapter!
I have been rooting for Kaname and Yuuki from the very start because I do think they're supposed to be together, full stop. I think Zero is destined to be with someone else, someone who can give him what he deserves and Yuuki can't do that.
This chapter finally answered my prayers and confirmed that Kaname wasn't just a crazy vampire and that he was doing things for reasons, and I'm so glad he's back... So glad!
I guess the whole sex scene bit came as NO surprise. If I'm really honest I'd already presumed that they'd done it a long time ago been as though they were living together for over a year.

I hope the plot carries on this way. KANAME X YUUKI!

http://www.wayfaringdoll.blogspot.co.uk

I don't think they never had sex before though, as Kaname said that words "If ure okay with someone like me" and then their in the bed doing "something", so i guess that are their first time together.. ^^v

ps: can't wait for chapter 90 and the new arc! xD
Feb 3, 2013 3:55 AM
Aug 2012
well i saw the scanalations for the chapter then the translated version....well it was sad in general TT

kaname is good and make it all for the sake of yuki( I said that may times in my previous posts ,so it wasn't surprising at all ) at least people stopped hating kaname and now blaming yuki....

kaname was and still suffering since the bigenning ,being the ancestor and all that....at least yuki, chairman and zero's sensei was there for him...but kaname was alone suffering even the only girl he loved , didn't belong fully for him..

and the love triangle is still on, it is the selling point .so ending it before the last chapter is not in matsuri's favor.

itis going to be a tragedy so it is already one( thinking about kaname)

kaname will die (TT) there is big chance( sure i hope not), but there is many theories :

kaname dies and yuki turns z ero into a human

yuki dies protecting kaname and he gives his heart to the furnace

kaname dies and yuki and zero live together raising kaname's child( ohh this would be aweful for all of them !!)

the three of them die

and many other gloomy ending, sure i hate these endings.

the scence between yuki and kaname !!!! oh sure I didn't see this coming!
Feb 3, 2013 5:12 AM
Jan 2013
5) Yuuki sacrifices herself to turn Kaname human and he starts a relationship with Zero (and the KaZe fans yell 'Told you it wasn't impossible

It would be a perfect ending !!!! Remove/kill the source (yuuki) of all the problems xD
And both kamame and zero fans will be happy !!! Ending the feud between kaname and zero fans !!!
Feb 3, 2013 8:04 PM
Jan 2013
Eridanus10 said:
5) Yuuki sacrifices herself to turn Kaname human and he starts a relationship with Zero (and the KaZe fans yell 'Told you it wasn't impossible

It would be a perfect ending !!!! Remove/kill the source (yuuki) of all the problems xD
And both kamame and zero fans will be happy !!! Ending the feud between kaname and zero fans !!!

That would be tempting... if not for the fact that Kaname is the reason that Zero's suffering so much. If Kaname wasn't the one responsible for having Zero's family killed and making him miserable, I probably wouldn't have that many problems with that ship. xD
Feb 3, 2013 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Orulyon said:

Ive been reading this manga until now for the very reason of Zero being there.

I'm the other way around: Kaname is the only saving grace in the manga for me and the reason why I'm still slightly interested in it even though the storyline is a complete wreck XD

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but I'm surprised that Zeki fans had been keeping their hopes up about this pairing all these years. It was obvious that the manga was heading the Kaname/Yuuki route the moment she regained her memories and decided to leave the academy with him early on. And even before that, the manga had been pro Kaname/Yuuki with Zero getting the short end of the stick. Also, there's the artwork thing: Matsuri did more Kaname/Yuuki artwork than Zeki, which was hinting at her pairing preference. Overall, Kaname and Yuuki ending up together makes much more sense according to what happened so far and would've hurt the already wrecked storyline even more if she out of the blue went for Zero. That's my opinion.

As for Zero, I think Matsuri should've ended the love-triangle halfway through and established a new romantic interest for him. I understand that leaving no doubt early on that this will be a Kaname/Yuuki will result in losing a lot of readers in the west where Zero is more popular than Kaname, but at least would've made the the readers feel less cheated by the end of it.
removed-userFeb 3, 2013 9:13 PM
Feb 3, 2013 9:32 PM
Jan 2013
Raven_Shinobi said:
Orulyon said:

Ive been reading this manga until now for the very reason of Zero being there.

I'm the other way around: Kaname is the only saving grace in the manga for me and the reason why I'm still slightly interested in it even though the storyline is a complete wreck XD

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but I'm surprised that Zeki fans had been keeping their hopes up about this pairing all these years.
It was obvious that the manga was heading the Kaname/Yuuki route the moment she regained her memories and decided to leave the academy with him early on. And even before that, the manga had been pro Kaname/Yuuki with Zero getting the short end of the stick. Also, there's the artwork thing: Matsuri did more Kaname/Yuuki artwork than Zeki, which was hinting at her pairing preference. Overall, Kaname and Yuuki ending up together makes much more sense according to what happened so far and would've hurt the already wrecked storyline even more if she out of the blue went for Zero. That's my opinion.

As for Zero, I think Matsuri should've ended the love-triangle halfway through and established a new romantic interest for him. I understand that leaving no doubt early on that this will be a Kaname/Yuuki will result in losing a lot of readers in the west where Zero is more popular than Kaname, but at least would've made the the readers feel less cheated by the end of it.

Yes I agree hino favours kaname more. The story should have ended at season 2 where yuki leaves with him. Going to how the story goes, I hope that there is no season 3 as I don't think it will be popular towards most people. There are still some of my theory which proves that kaname is her vampire knight. For example, a knight carries a sword after all instead of a pistol.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.