Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever considedered to become a mangaka to make a living?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2015 1:29 PM

Sep 2013
Gotta learn at least basic Japanese so I can talk to some people in the industry.

Do the story and let someone draw or write a novel.
Nov 21, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2009
aboe said:
school is boring atm here in belgium and something im thinking about becoming a mangaka like in bakuman :p

but starting mangaka in belgium is weird and my drawing sucks :c im good in creating storys but my drawing is just to...

so my question is do you ever considered on becoming a mangaka?

If someone said this before sorry. If u want to be a mangakA:
Don't quit school or job to become mangaka, you may regret if u don't finish school or have a job to support being a mangka.
If u can't write or draw find someone that can draw or write and ask them if they want to be a part of your team.
Decide what your manga will be about.
Plan out your manga like u plan out a paper for school.
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Nov 21, 2015 6:53 PM

Nov 2015
Kaengel said:
This is a suicidal career in more than one way.

story teller as job = get ready to starve.
if you don't mind starving, go for it
INTP (Ne)

A hound, begging for scraps at the emperor's table

Nov 22, 2015 4:34 AM

Sep 2013
No I haven't only cause I don't have the talent for it tho I wish I did
Nov 22, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2009
There are so many books and internet sites about learning to draw manga and how to write that one could learn a lot about being an author and illustrator. There are probably places online were u can self publish your work. U can start out by writing fan fiction and tracing and work your way up from there. If there are writing and drawing classes u can take where u live take them. If u get a chance ask a mangaka about how to make a manga. Forget the nay Sayers and go for it if u want. If u don't try u might regret it later. U don't have to be a pro lots of talented people started at the bottom.

I do want to be a mangaka, and I suck at writing and drawing. Writing a manga to me is not like writing a novel. How hard is it to write a few words or a paragraph in a bubble and draw pictures on a computer? Plus there are so many ways to learn to draw and write without breaking the bank that if u are dedicated, patient, and carve out time in your schedule, u may become a great writer and illustrater.
JersaniNov 22, 2015 11:10 AM
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The black and blonde effect

zozv - May 21, 2015

20 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» What chapters in fireforce have fanservice

ZAIRETHEGUY - 11 hours ago

2 by ZAIRETHEGUY »»
10 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

15 by Entity72 »»
Today, 3:41 AM

» Completed my first LN.

Clannat - May 26

8 by Entity72 »»
Today, 3:36 AM

» Domestic girlfriend

Pipo____lo09 - Yesterday

0 by Pipo____lo09 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.