Forums
New
Stream or Download?
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2009
xXwendyXx3 said:
I stream.
Because downloading is taking to long for me ;p.

They take as long...
Jul 9, 2012 11:01 AM

May 2012
I download because my net sucks, though I buy box sets anyway.
Jul 9, 2012 11:02 AM

Aug 2010
Download. I always want the best quality possible. I can't see why people would stream unless it's for legal reasons. "It takes to much time" What? are people that impatient?
I don't need a signature.
Jul 9, 2012 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
Stream on going, download full series.
Jul 9, 2012 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
I prefer my quality to be good as possible and subs along with that so downloading is a must for me. Though I can understand the need to watch streams if you've got a computer that isn't able to store much anime without performance decline.
Jul 9, 2012 12:19 PM

Jun 2012
I always try to download anime, that way I don't have to put up with poor quality and ads.
Jul 9, 2012 12:32 PM
Sep 2010
Pestilence981 said:
I always try to download anime, that way I don't have to put up with poor quality and ads.
Not all streams have poor quality I only watch high quality for example crunchyroll, and the only players I know that had ads were megavideo and daily motion, simply installing ad blocker will take care of all of that anyway.
Jul 9, 2012 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
I download everything and convert them to mp4 to put them on my ipod. Though I download so much more then I actually watch lol. I have like 150gb's of anime but Ill probably watch at most 20 gigs by the end of the year if I'm lucky.
Jul 9, 2012 8:02 PM

Jun 2010
i download streaming ones. ;) [internet download manager]
yes, the quality is no top-notch but still great so yeah, doesn't matter.

~and. i prefer the old way of keeping files [burning DVDs]. i have 400GB, 900+ files and growing. my DVDs are now 6 years old, good as new. i treasure them a lot. ^_^ i don't trust external HD that much, it would definitely kill me if something bad happens in a 500gb [much worse 1TB] external which contains tons of files. that would be soooooo awful. T____T
Jul 9, 2012 8:15 PM
Sep 2010
shin_caroline said:

~and. i prefer the old way of keeping files [burning DVDs]. i have 400GB, 900+ files and growing. my DVDs are now 6 years old, good as new. i treasure them a lot. ^_^ i don't trust external HD that much, it would definitely kill me if something bad happens in a 500gb [much worse 1TB] external which contains tons of files. that would be soooooo awful. T____T
You bought your idm right? because if you enter a illegal serial the program automatically locks up on you, happen to me a while back lol.
Jul 9, 2012 8:21 PM

Jun 2010
360justin said:
shin_caroline said:

You bought your idm right? because if you enter a illegal serial the program automatically locks up on you, happen to me a while back lol.

nope. O.O oh, please dont sue me IDM. T_____T
been using it for months, found a good bypass. ;)
i'm good at that kind of stuffs. LMAO.
Jul 9, 2012 8:37 PM

Jun 2010
jiroupuun said:
For me, i chose streaming because my laptop can't play videos! x( but if only i can use my desktop, of course i'll vote for download x(

VLC and MPC are good video players. :) i download videos with mp4 and flv extensions and they work perfectly fine.
Jul 9, 2012 9:15 PM
Sep 2010
shin_caroline said:
360justin said:
shin_caroline said:

nope. O.O oh, please dont sue me IDM. T_____T
been using it for months, found a good bypass. ;)
i'm good at that kind of stuffs. LMAO.
You must not update the program, because it deletes the serial as well, lol the program is to smart I got mad when it did it to.
Jul 9, 2012 10:21 PM

Jun 2010
360justin said:
You must not update the program, because it deletes the serial as well, lol the program is to smart I got mad when it did it to.

actually, they did it on the latest version if i'm not mistaken. i would gladly share the link if you're interested. ^___^ IDM is a good software after all. DomDomSoft, on the other hand, is a good online manga keeper/grabber.
Jul 9, 2012 11:01 PM
Sep 2010
shin_caroline said:
360justin said:

actually, they did it on the latest version if i'm not mistaken. i would gladly share the link if you're interested. ^___^ IDM is a good software after all. DomDomSoft, on the other hand, is a good online manga keeper/grabber.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good, actually when I had the program it was good downloaded a streaming file right off of dubhappy, I wonder if you could do for crunchyroll? if you can let me know!
Jul 9, 2012 11:24 PM

May 2012
Stream. I don't really want to wait for it, or take up too much space. Especially if I'm never going to watch it again.
Jul 10, 2012 12:57 AM

Feb 2011

This. I remember when I used to stream. What the crap was I doing? And you can stream while downloading a torrent. So instead of watching a video where you can't tell between dirt and concrete, you get a video where you can. The only time where one MAY use streaming sites is because they are extremely poor (but considering you somehow have enough money to get bandwidth...)
Jul 10, 2012 5:12 AM

Jul 2012
I stream because normally i don't rewatch episodes, so no point taking up space with a downloaded episode.
Jul 10, 2012 5:20 AM
Aug 2010
I stream all of my anime. [On a side note, I only read manga online too] I just don't have the computer space to download all this anime that I want to watch. There are just way to many pros for watching anime online [streaming] and plenty of cons for downloading your anime.

Here's just a few examples:

Streaming Pros:
- You can always find your anime and watch it within 5 mins or less.
- You get to join in on commenting about it after you watch it and see what others had to say about it too.

Downloading Cons:
- Takes up lots of space
- Takes time to download
------MAL|hahaha|MML------
Jul 10, 2012 7:49 AM
Sep 2010
nathawesome said:
I stream all of my anime. [On a side note, I only read manga online too] I just don't have the computer space to download all this anime that I want to watch. There are just way to many pros for watching anime online [streaming] and plenty of cons for downloading your anime.

Streaming Pros:
- You get to join in on commenting about it after you watch it and see what others had to say about it too.

Downloading Cons:
- Takes up lots of space
- Takes time to download
But for the downloaders you have people that claim they download those 400 mb mkv files within 5-7 minutes if you are getting these speeds bravo for you, but if its any longer than that I don't see why you should bother.
Jul 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
360justin said:
nathawesome said:

Streaming Pros:

Downloading Cons:
- Takes up lots of space
- Takes time to download
But for the downloaders you have people that claim they download those 400 mb mkv files within 5-7 minutes if you are getting these speeds bravo for you, but if its any longer than that I don't see why you should bother.

Thats why you build up a "backlog", you simply download severall anime you're planning on watching.

If it takes up too much space you can always delete them when you're done with watching it. I got around 60~ series on my HDD, and they only take up around 220~ GB.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 10, 2012 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
Well I voted for streaming but to be honest I also download some anime, especially if the anime has a lot of episodes, but if there's 12 episodes then I might just stream it instead. But I hate waiting for anime episodes to stream :/
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Jul 10, 2012 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
KokonutCookies said:
I stream; only because I don't know safe sites to download from. ;n;

Bababt(torrent site decided to anything anime/manga related)
Demonoid
Thepiratebay

Just to name a few.

Jul 10, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
GlaringDream said:
Streaming. It seems pointless to me to download when you can stream it for just as good quality. I'd only want to download it if I wanted to make fanvideos or something.

But torrents do have better quality.

dmfsan said:
rederoin said:
360justin said:
nathawesome said:

Streaming Pros:

Downloading Cons:
- Takes up lots of space
- Takes time to download

Thats why you build up a "backlog", you simply download severall anime you're planning on watching.

If it takes up too much space you can always delete them when you're done with watching it. I got around 60~ series on my HDD, and they only take up around 220~ GB.

I have 68 GB free, so 220 GB is a lot for me. I always stream them. Some people say they don't want to wait for the download to finish, but you can watch it while it's downloading, so sometimes I download a single episode if the stream flash plugin doesn't work.

Like I said, that 220GB is for around 60 series, Its only that big because I'm not deleting all my watched anime. My backlog is 20 to 30 GB at most.
rederoinJul 10, 2012 8:20 AM

Jul 10, 2012 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
I have always streamed mine, but I'm thinking about getting an external hard drive and downloading it all xD
Jul 11, 2012 5:51 AM

Jul 2012
Stream 24/7

If you know where to find the animes youre looking for + have a good enough internet, then it's faster than DL'ing (and sometimes safer)... but that's my opinion :P
O'Hai :D
Jul 11, 2012 11:43 AM

Jul 2011
You forgot Torrent D: Its way better, then DDLs lol

nathawesome said:

Streaming Pros:

Downloading Cons:
- Takes up lots of space
- Takes time to download

uh lets see, Streaming, the chat is usually not always talking about your anime, Create a skype omg WORKS
Downloading.... I don't know what you are talking about, torrent a 720p from UTW, Commie or HS its done in 3-4 mins, if its new with 1 seed then yes its long.
Takes... ALOT.... of Space... huh I'm not sure I read that right
lets see, 2.2 TB free and I have every season on my list in my HDD besides OP, naruto, bleach, and fairy tail

^
My new best friend
KryomaticsJul 11, 2012 12:17 PM
Jul 11, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
It depends on how much I like the show. I usually stream the first episode of a show and then decide from there whether I want to download it or not. I have limited bandwidth, so ;______;
Jul 12, 2012 1:35 AM

Feb 2008
Jeller said:

(and sometimes safer)... but that's my opinion :P

Considering the amount of shit the ads on most non-legal stream sites contain (as in trojans, worms and viruses), nope it's not.
Jul 12, 2012 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
I stream when I watch new episodes of ongoing series, I download whenever I want to marathon a completed series or If I'm trying to catch up to a series.

Movies are definitely a download.
Jul 12, 2012 1:56 AM

Jul 2012
Streaming is a pain in the ass.
- Waiting for buffering/having it continually pause because of buffering is annoying.
- The quality is below average/terrible most of the time. When it's not it plays slower.
- Broken video links are a pain.
- No wifi = no streaming.
- Advertisments on the videos are again, irritating.
- Subtitle groups are often switched in the middle of the series, which can make me upset if I favored a particular group or cause confusion if they're quoting something from the previous episode differently.

I don't know why so many people stream.
Jul 12, 2012 6:01 AM
Sep 2010
noyoureinsane said:
- Waiting for buffering/having it continually pause because of buffering is annoying.
- The quality is below average/terrible most of the time. When it's not it plays slower.
- Subtitle groups are often switched in the middle of the series, which can make me upset if I favored a particular group or cause confusion if they're quoting something from the previous episode differently.

You won't have to wait for buffer if you have a fast internet connection lol.
There are high quality streams out there, people to lazy to find them, some sites have divx quality, and there is always crunchyroll.
Can't really help broken video links
No wifi ok, but anyone can just have a Ethernet cable and that should do the trick.
I downloaded the extension called ad blocker plus it removes all ad's on page and within video.
Sub groups I don't really care as long as it is understandable.

People stream because it is fast and easy, its simple overall, a fast internet connection is the key though.
Jul 12, 2012 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
360justin said:
noyoureinsane said:

There are high quality streams out there, people to lazy to find them, some sites have divx quality, and there is always crunchyroll.
No wifi ok, but anyone can just have a Ethernet cable and that should do the trick.
I downloaded the extension called ad blocker plus it removes all ad's on page and within video.

People stream because it is fast and easy, its simple overall, a fast internet connection is the key though.

-Depends on the site you're using. and some people do not have a fast enough connection for it.
-But none of them have higher quelity than downloads. Maybe a few anime are the exception to this rule.
-Which is why torrents are better.
-If there is no internet at all(black-out, a error.. whatever), you can't watch streamed anime.

You can just torrent when your pc is turned on, so speed should not be a issue. And torrenting is just as easy.

Jul 12, 2012 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
chinx16 said:
rederoin said:
360justin said:
noyoureinsane said:

-Depends on the site you're using. and some people do not have a fast enough connection for it.
-But none of them have higher quelity than downloads. Maybe a few anime are the exception to this rule.
-Which is why torrents are better.
-If there is no internet at all(black-out, a error.. whatever), you can't watch streamed anime.

You can just torrent when your pc is turned on, so speed should not be a issue. And torrenting is just as easy.

Their are a few risk when you download from torrent. Their are possibilities that file your downloading has a virus.

Its called "anti-virus", and not downloading obvious traps. I haven't had a virus in the last 1000 or so torrents I downloaded even without ever using anti-virus.
If you get a virus from anime torrents while you have a decent anti-virus program, you're doing something wrong.
LunaJul 12, 2012 11:26 AM

Jul 12, 2012 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
chinx16 said:

what kind of anti virus would you recommend?

a

I myself use Microsoft security essentials.

Jul 12, 2012 7:27 AM
Sep 2010
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

Thats what I use but torrents are based off of seeders and leechers right? don't that impact the speed in a major way?
Jul 12, 2012 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
chinx16 said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

ohh! thats great thank you. is it better to have more that one anti virus?

1 anti-virus program should be enough.

chinx16 said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

Thats what I use but torrents are based off of seeders and leechers right? don't that impact the speed in a major way?

Well yeah. The more seeders the faster the download speed, right?

Yes, but bakabt has amazing seeder:leecher ratio's.
LunaJul 12, 2012 11:32 AM

Jul 12, 2012 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
It has to be downloading for me. Try to look for old anime links - all broken. I'd rather have it on my portable hard drive so I can watch it whenever I want, even if it is 50 years later!

For me the quality also matters and as someone said earlier, you can allow your friends to copy and paste.

Though, at the end of the day, each has its benefits and drawbacks.
Jul 12, 2012 7:39 AM
Sep 2010
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

chinx16 said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

Some torrents site I heard of require you upload the same amount you download, is that true?
LunaJul 12, 2012 11:32 AM
Jul 12, 2012 7:46 AM

Apr 2012
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

chinx16 said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

Some torrents site I heard of require you upload the same amount you download, is that true?

If you're talking about bakabt then it doesn't necessarily have to be exactly the same amount but, a decent amount to show that you aren't just a leecher benefiting from others.

Correct me if I am wrong, rarely use the website now.
LunaJul 12, 2012 11:34 AM
Jul 12, 2012 7:50 AM
Sep 2010
wisdom93 said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

chinx16 said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
chinx16 said:

a

If you're talking about bakabt then it doesn't necessarily have to be exactly the same amount but, a decent amount to show that you aren't just a leecher benefiting from others.

Correct me if I am wrong, rarely use the website now.
Yeah I think its that one, and I don't use torrents all I do is just hook up my computer to my tv with a hdmi cable, and stream.
LunaJul 12, 2012 11:34 AM
Jul 12, 2012 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
360justin said:
heard of require you upload the same amount you download, is that true?

Bababt warns you(which means you can't download) if you go below a certain
ratio, but that ratio is nowhere near 1.0.
But that rule only applies to registered accounts.

Other public trackers I know off don't have a Ratio rule.

chinx16 said:

what site do you usually use ???

e

Bakabt
piratebay
demonoid

Jul 12, 2012 7:54 AM
Sep 2010
rederoin said:
360justin said:

chinx16 said:

e

Bakabt
piratebay
demonoid

Ok what are your speeds usually people tell me they download a 400-500mb episode within 5- minutes I was like wtf? some has said 1080p takes them like 10 minutes.
Jul 12, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
360justin said:
rederoin said:
360justin said:

chinx16 said:

e

Bakabt
piratebay
demonoid

Ok what are your speeds usually people tell me they download a 400-500mb episode within 5- minutes I was like wtf? some has said 1080p takes them like 10 minutes.

Depends on your internet connection and the amount of seeders.

Jul 12, 2012 7:58 AM
Sep 2010
rederoin said:
360justin said:
rederoin said:
360justin said:

chinx16 said:

e

Bakabt
piratebay
demonoid

Depends on your internet connection and the amount of seeders.
Interesting, do you use any program to hide your ip address just in case your isp may contact you about using torrents?
Jul 12, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
360justin said:
people tell me they download a 400-500mb episode within 5- minutes I was like wtf? some has said 1080p takes them like 10 minutes.

It's possible. I usually download a 720p episode, for example fairy tail, for 3mins exactly.
Jul 12, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Download mostly.
Jul 12, 2012 9:22 AM

Feb 2011
Just started to download since I wanted better quality
Jul 12, 2012 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
360justin said:
noyoureinsane said:

- My internet connection is pretty fast, believe me. It all depends on the video/site though. Besides, even with slow connection if you download there's no buffering issues.
- Why make an effort to find DivX quality streams when you can get that same quality simply by downloading? As far as I know, Crunchyroll doesn't give you 720p HD (or something like that) unless you're a premium member. Yet there's the option to download a 720p file for free, why not take it?
- Not everyone has Ethernet cable. I don't even know what that is. Again, there's a simpler and more effective solution to it.
- Not everyone uses browsers that have those abilities. Personally I do, but my point comes up again - there's a better option.

I guess I can see how you find it simple, but it's not like downloading isn't either.

chinx16 said:
Their are a few risk when you download from torrent. Their are possibilities that file your downloading has a virus.

Pretty much what rederoin said. I've downloaded tons of series and as long as you have a secure anti-virus plus your smart enough to at least check some of the torrent comments since they usually say if it's good or not, then there's not all that much to worry about.
Jul 12, 2012 1:02 PM
Jul 2012
i mostly download my anime... maybe because i like to watch the same anime again and again...
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - Jun 17

46 by Kenzolo-folk »»
1 minute ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

83 by pk8list »»
6 minutes ago

» Who let women into the Boys' Love club? Every single Boys' Love anime to this date is written by women.

lostsymphonies - 5 hours ago

13 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it just me or is the Shoujo anime category pathetically small?

AngelicSuccubus - 9 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
7 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - May 16

132 by jhzs0029 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.