Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Apr 23 - 29

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2012 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
LolSoMeme said:
Yvese said:
Haganai and DxD season 2 NAO!!!

So glad they're doing well.

Oh and wth. Setokai Yakuindomo? I thought the 3rd ova wasn't until july?

MAL fooled me again -__-

Wait for it meng, wait for it Lol
Bah! But I hate waiting!

I NEED MY KOBATO-CHAN AND RIAS!! T_T
May 1, 2012 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
LolSoMeme said:
Yvese said:
LolSoMeme said:
Yvese said:
Haganai and DxD season 2 NAO!!!

So glad they're doing well.

Oh and wth. Setokai Yakuindomo? I thought the 3rd ova wasn't until july?

MAL fooled me again -__-

Wait for it meng, wait for it Lol
Bah! But I hate waiting!

I NEED MY KOBATO-CHAN AND RIAS!! T_T

It's worth the wait though, and there's a high chance for both of them getting second seasons, i'm hearing some really good things from folks who read the novels, apparently we're getting more HNGGGGG moments and the story development for both is quite the hot shiz, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps ;p
Ugh.

That just makes me wish it were possible to freeze myself until it's out :(
May 1, 2012 6:13 PM

Jul 2010
not even F/Z can break domination of monogatari series...
May 1, 2012 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
LolSoMeme said:
oh i also forgot to mention DxD, haganai, working!!, etc that sold on DVD too, does that also mean the female otakus bought them? Lol wow dude, just wow.

I do believe Working has a female fanbase. Those two male characters in it seem to get quite a bit of attention from women.

Just look at MAL, Jun has more favorites than anyone else but Inami. It certainly isn't the guys who are giving him the favorites.

Wait, I have to be a chick to have him in my favourites? That's news to me.
May 1, 2012 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
j0x said:
AlexSadist-sama said:
Good to see Guilty Crown.

agreed!!! it sold well despite the hate on it, its not a bad show at all, i watch anime simply their stories are more engaging than normal real-life and hollywood TV shows i see here

THe people hating on it aren't the people that contribute to the weekly sales of it.

May 1, 2012 10:56 PM
Mar 2010
...um I can't believe my post started this big argument...

but I'll just put in my 2 cents...I've been following Inu X Boku since it was a manga and let me just say in the mangafox forums, many wanted to change the demographic to shoujo and most of the readers there are female.

So I guess females DO like it?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 1, 2012 11:15 PM

Jul 2011
phoenixalia said:
...um I can't believe my post started this big argument...

but I'll just put in my 2 cents...I've been following Inu X Boku since it was a manga and let me just say in the mangafox forums, many wanted to change the demographic to shoujo and most of the readers there are female.

So I guess females DO like it?

I dropped Inu X Boku after ever other shot was of the dude acting all cute. The shounen tag is a troll tag, the only thing shounen about it is the fan service that the chick gives.
May 2, 2012 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
Glad to see Nise and Haganai at the top... although by a very large difference lol.

Seitokai OVA also sold a lot for an OVA I think so I'm hoping for a 2nd season of that as well as Haganai.
May 2, 2012 1:53 AM

Feb 2012
It's nice to see Nise on the top.
May 2, 2012 4:51 AM
Dec 2011
articuzwolf said:

But F/Z already sold almost 50,000 boxsets with the price of $400 of each set. That's quite impressive for a boxset to sold that much.

Hypothetically, if Fate/Zero sell in volumes instead of boxsets I think it can outsells or matched Nise in sales. Maybe even Madoka level sales.
May 2, 2012 5:19 AM

Jul 2011
Blu-ray
*4, *7,063 *7,063 Working'!! vol.7 Limited Edition
DVD
*9, *2,381 *,**2,381Working'!! vol.7 Limited Edition

Hell yeah! I want season 3 right now !
May 2, 2012 5:46 AM

Mar 2011
Progeusz said:
fri said:
Guilty Crown season 2 WHERE?!
Hopefully nowhere.
Good to see it's selling so poorly (considering its ridiculous budget). Maybe people will finally learn that investing more than 1% into decent script is a good idea.

It's not selling poorly actually, although it decreased a lot

Nisemono is selling well, but decreased from Bakemono. That's pretty normal seeing how the quality dropped from Bakemono
Firixizu_MintMay 2, 2012 5:51 AM
May 2, 2012 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
neurogal91 said:
articuzwolf said:

But F/Z already sold almost 50,000 boxsets with the price of $400 of each set. That's quite impressive for a boxset to sold that much.

Hypothetically, if Fate/Zero sell in volumes instead of boxsets I think it can outsells or matched Nise in sales. Maybe even Madoka level sales.

really? last time I checked it was on 44k and it was the third week of sales I think...

and what I mean by monogatari series is not limited to Nise...
May 2, 2012 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
mitch3315 said:
RyanSaotome said:
Just look at MAL, Jun has more favorites than anyone else but Inami. It certainly isn't the guys who are giving him the favorites.

Wait, I have to be a chick to have him in my favourites? That's news to me.

Well it was wrong of me to say no guys would favorite him, but attractive male characters generally favor the female fanbase. The majority of the men watching Working are watching it for the girls, not Jun, so most of them would not be favoriting him.

May 2, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2010
jmal said:
articuzwolf said:
really? last time I checked it was on 44k and it was the third week of sales I think...

It ranked again after that, just not in the Top 10/20 lists dtshyk posts. Its current total is 50,103.

Wk1: 42,690 (42,690)
Wk2: *4,933 (47,623)
Wk3: unranked
Wk4: unranked
Wk5: **,415 (49,788)
Wk6: **,315 (50,103)

Since the 5th week Oricon ranking gave the cumulative total, we know it did a total of 1,750 in weeks 3-4 or about 875 each week. In any case, cumulative total is what matters.

About Nisemonogatari, don't forget that after this, they will eventually release the Boxset, last time I check I believe Bakemonogatari has over 25K BD/DVD boxset, so add that to the volume releases, Bake might as well reached 80-100K level/volume.
May 2, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2010
Huh, kinda weird to see Penguindrum so low on the list... Maybe because it's been a while since it's aired? Or... because nobody likes incest anymore?

However, top 3, FTW. Nise, P4 and Haganai... Great to see those three on top >:D
May 5, 2012 11:26 PM
Jun 2009
Hmm. It doesn't seem like Nise will be able to beat the Gundam SEEDs to give Shaft the three highest selling series since Eva. I would have given a chuckle at the Shaft domination had that acutally happened. Thinking out the various possibilities for Fate/Zero is interesting, but I don't think that it could have actually beaten Nise. What I'm most interested in finding out this season sales wise is how much AKB48 will be able to tap into its big fanbase. It seems like they're going the cheap first volume route, so we might see some huge numbers, at least for that first volume.
May 6, 2012 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
Nisemonogatari sold well as expected
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 6, 2012 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
whatev said:
What I'm most interested in finding out this season sales wise is how much AKB48 will be able to tap into its big fanbase. It seems like they're going the cheap first volume route, so we might see some huge numbers, at least for that first volume.

A couple hours after being solicited, it's already #10 on Amazon. =P Sales are going to be completely absurd for Vol. 1 if that keeps up, although whether subsequent normal-priced volumes sell anywhere near as much will be the more interesting question.

Weirdly enough, it was removed from Amazon.... no idea why. Maybe they put its price too low?

May 14, 2012 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
LOL. When Tsukihi Phoenix Part 1 comes out, I am 100% positive that it will sell over 90k 1st week.
May 15, 2012 2:18 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
whoahyuu said:
LOL. When Tsukihi Phoenix Part 1 comes out, I am 100% positive that it will sell over 90k 1st week.

I'd like to know what that confidence is based on. o_O

This will not happen. 100% positive.
I think it's based on the unspeakable teeth brushing scene. However 90k are very unlikely to happen.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

34 by AE-2 »»
3 hours ago

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

37 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

19 by ezorde »»
5 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

6 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

28 by Adriannitro »»
Yesterday, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.