Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2009 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
omg ! I love this anime <3
i REALLY hope for a 2nd season T_T
Jan 25, 2009 6:07 PM
Jan 2009
shewanie said:
omg ! I love this anime <3
i REALLY hope for a 2nd season T_T

Me too!!!!
I wish Hachi ends up with Nobu and NANA and Hachi stay friends forever!!!
I really need a happy ending..snif
Jan 25, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Btw, I have downloaded two NANA movies (not anime) from Veoh. Haven't watched them yet ^___^

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 26, 2009 6:56 AM
Jan 2009
Dolce_Vitka said:
Btw, I have downloaded two NANA movies (not anime) from Veoh. Haven't watched them yet ^___^

2 movies? really?? I onluy found the first part of the movie =/

Can you give me the link?
Jan 26, 2009 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
Ally-chan said:
Dolce_Vitka said:

2 movies? really?? I onluy found the first part of the movie =/

Can you give me the link?

I am not sure if we are allowed to post direct links here (tell me, if we can!). But go to veoh.com and search for Nana movie. Then download veoh's download manager (they will ask for installation if you click "Download options" under the video; it's free of charge, yay). Then download the video to that manager. The movies are like 1 Gb each.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 1, 2009 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
This one made me think... a lot... about time, relationships, life in general. Depressing and a very powerfull episode...

Feb 5, 2009 9:16 AM
Feb 2009
Nana is the most moving, touching, and beautiful anime series I've ever seen in my entire life. I have grown so attached to the characters...btw, if anyone wants to start the manga right after the anime..and pick up where it left off...43 is the one to begin with.
OBSESSEDFAEFeb 6, 2009 9:44 PM
Mar 17, 2009 8:29 AM

Dec 2008
Its definitly one of the best series in this genre, i cant wait for a second season so ive started the manga...

this show is nervecracking in its twists and turn, its unbelieveable how much addicted ive become cant wait for the end to come... curiosity all over the place!!!

Apr 7, 2009 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
It's over! D:

I absolutely loved the ending. i would've liked to see older nana and ren and the rest of the gang, but i think that'd be too much >< i teared up at the last part there. sheesh, nobu! i'm fine with hachi being with takumi but still.. oh can't wait for another season. great end to a great series. 9/10
Apr 9, 2009 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
Why is NANA Shouji anime? I though shouji referred to young people under the age of 18. The characters here are mostly all of them over 18, except for the bass guitarist.
Apr 24, 2009 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
Very sad.

I'm assuming Osaki Nana is dead in the future, but I assumed that ever since episode 1. Something about the way Hachi speaks just always gave me the vibe that she was talking to a grave, or a ghost.

I really wished she would hook up with Nobu in the end, but apparently not. I mean yes in the "present" of the final episode it seemed like it might happen, but in the "10 years in the future", she was still obviously married to Takumi. Makes me so sad/mad. Hachi deserves so much better than a man that treats her like Takumi does, I have no idea how she manages to be happy and stay with him.. :/

I'm definitely gonna try to track down the manga to see what happens, though the clip into the future pretty much already tells me all I need to know, personally. I just don't want to let the characters go, and that's the only reason I'll read the anime.. I want these characters in my life still.

Edit -- to anyone curious, the last episode of NANA seems to coincide with issue 42 of the manga. I'm still undecided on whether to start the manga from the beginning (to get pieces of the story I may have missed), or just pick up where I left off with the anime.
spazureApr 24, 2009 2:41 PM

Apr 29, 2009 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
What an amazing end; throughout the whole series, those monologues in the beginning and end of each episode clenched my heart; the solemn tone, wishful pleading and unfortunate foreshadowing. A drowning feeling crushed my heart each an every single time, again and again, yet I luckily survived the continuous attacks.

And now to read the manga...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 9:42 PM

Apr 2008
I absolutely loved the ending. i would've liked to see older nana and ren and the rest of the gang, but i think that'd be too much >< i teared up at the last part there. sheesh, nobu! i'm fine with hachi being with takumi but still.. oh can't wait for another season. great end to a great series. 9/10

I totally agree with you for the most part, i find Nobu did the right thing, i mean come on the girl is engaged, i think its time to let go and move on with life but of course its sad
May 22, 2009 8:12 AM

Jun 2008
wait.. did nana die??? i had a feeling that nana died like around the first few episodes but now it seems that she did cuz they weren't looking for her... or she just disappeared... but they did look for ren so that's unlikely...anyway... it wasn't that good of an ending but i'm glad they patched things up a bit... just a bit... i mean... they didn't meet right? that night? nobu and hachi.. and there was a part when hachi wanted to hold nana's hand, with the same warmth of nobu's hand, but she didn't cuz she might seem insensitive something like that.. anyway..

will there be a second season of this? although i'm not that crazy over the ending and that nobu didn't end up with hachi.. and that hachi's decisions ALL THROUGHOUT THE SERIES were infuriatingly stupid.. i admit.. i loved this show.. i'm probably giving this show a perfect 10.. :D hope theres another season..:p
veargMay 22, 2009 8:16 AM
May 29, 2009 5:20 PM

Dec 2007
Finally ended it! but i still don't get what hapenned to Nana, its clear that BLAST ended... but why? and what about Ren and the other members of Trapnest? i wanted to know about reira and Shin. T.T
Jun 28, 2009 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
The ending was pretty good, it may not have been a true ending and it didn't really point to anything that I wanted but it was still executed nicely. And they shouldn't have showed that future part first, I already knew how things would kinda shape up, but I was still there with Nobu, my heart thudding a little bit as Nobu reached for the lock. There are still some things I needed answered, so a second season would be appreciated and I'll have to get my hands on the manga. 10/10 for NANA.
Jul 1, 2009 12:12 PM
Jul 2009
I've been following both the anime and manga, but it seems like the manga moves sooo slowly, probably b/c I have to wait so long between each volume. (Pricey little objects, those manga!)
Jul 29, 2009 5:39 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, nana being absent really makes you wonder iwhat happened to blast. I think its safe to say the child is takumi's but...where did the name satsuko come from?? maybe that represents something because remember how takumi would not accept any other name than sachiko? and hachi would want to be the "perfect house wife" so its not likely she would go against takumi in the decision for the name sachiko, which he wanted so much. I guess that doesn't make sense though since she was wearing the ring at the end though..and did nana and ren ever get married??
I was so surprised that shin changed that much, and he totally grew! haha
Aug 2, 2009 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
arghh it's bothering me why Nana was absent !! And like many people said why Satusko and not Sachiko? But also if anyone caught this why did Hachiko call Nobu " Young master " when she was done preparing the bath for him? Does she work for him at his hotel/inn or whatever he owns. To many questions un answered !!
Aug 5, 2009 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
hi i'm in the middle of watching this anime, and i absolutely love it! i can't seem to stop watching them one after another!! lol.

i heard there is going to be a 2nd season. is this true? if so when?
please reply. thanks =]
Aug 5, 2009 8:25 PM

May 2009
I really hated the end. There were so many things left just HANGING there! I can't handle the season two wait. I wanted to see Nana in her normal way, not as a random looking girl with long hair. Also, I REALLY wanted to see Hachiko showing. She doesn't even look pregnant -_-. I liked the events that took place, but they could have wrapped things up some more so that we wouldn't be waiting for 3 years for answers to buring questions like: Is Hachiko even still married to Takumi? Who's Satsuki's father? WHERE THE HELL WAS NANA? *spazzes*
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Aug 5, 2009 8:32 PM

May 2009
rachel3 said:
hi i'm in the middle of watching this anime, and i absolutely love it! i can't seem to stop watching them one after another!! lol.

i heard there is going to be a 2nd season. is this true? if so when?
please reply. thanks =]

There will be a second season, but that won't be for a while. Maybe until the manga is finished or good and far ahead.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Aug 6, 2009 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
thanks for letting me know. at least there's a possibility that there's going to be a nother season. woo. thanks =]
Aug 7, 2009 8:39 AM

May 2009
angelfire892 said:
I really hated the end. There were so many things left just HANGING there! I can't handle the season two wait. I wanted to see Nana in her normal way, not as a random looking girl with long hair. Also, I REALLY wanted to see Hachiko showing. She doesn't even look pregnant -_-. I liked the events that took place, but they could have wrapped things up some more so that we wouldn't be waiting for 3 years for answers to buring questions like: Is Hachiko even still married to Takumi? Who's Satsuki's father? WHERE THE HELL WAS NANA? *spazzes*

The ending didn't make much sense to me either the first time i watched it, i'm assuming Satsuki is Takumi's because of the black hair but anyway, i couldn't help myself but read on in the manga ><. If you really want to know what happens after, i suggest you to read the manga, it clears up some of the confusion left behind from the last episode of the anime.
[
Aug 18, 2009 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
Thanks Lillyness!!

I've been reading the manga, up to chapter 40 now! Almost up to storyline bits that weren't covered in the anime, yay!!!

It's so painful right here towards the meeting for the fireworks thing though.. :/

.. it also doesn't help that I rather despise Takumi.

Aug 22, 2009 6:18 AM

Nov 2008
Yay!

IK just finished NANA in two days..n_n

The shortest time i spend to watch anime..

Hmm..

I also suspected that Ren's addiction is drugs..Too bad..

Anyway to be honest i don't like hachi in some ways..T_T

But i love NANA and Shin..LOL

And of course Nobu..

Anyway still waiting for the second season..n_n

Hope it would be out soon..
Aug 31, 2009 7:35 PM

Dec 2007
i finished watching NANA for the second time, i hated the ending even more than the first time, and hell i really want to know about reira and shin. i think i'll just read the manga, i was really thinking about starting to read it righ now but... its already 3:30 am and i'm really giving meaning to the expression of being a crybaby , so i guess i'll let it for tomorrow.
i can't wait for the second season, i heard it migh tpossibly come out in 2010. ^^
Sep 10, 2009 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
thank god it's over :|. only one word to describe this: frustrating.
and the ending was the last drop. like hell i'm reading the manga or watching a season two; this must have been the crappiest non-ending i've seen yet and i have seen my share of bad endings. actually if it weren't for the music i would have given up on this anime a long time ago.

Sep 21, 2009 5:50 AM
May 2008
that was piss poor. i watched up until the end excitedly for a total non-ending. it told me nothing. just a freaking summary of what everyone's doing would have been nice. its was about as vague as you can get. the first and last episodes of this series were awful. the middle was great. 8/10
Sep 22, 2009 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
la_tigra said:

Takumi said that Ren's addiction is purely psychological, though, not a physical addiction like tobacco - so drugs are out of the picture.

Did anyone else notice that the ring on future-Nana's finger was different than the engagement ring, and they made a point of flashing it? Combined with Takumi's comment about cancelling his marriage, and Nana's odd speech style towards Nobu at the end, I got the impression that she was *not* married to Takumi.

But still, it's been 2 years. Where's season 2?!
Oct 12, 2009 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
Although the ending makes me feel sad, NANA gets a 10/10 for me, I enjoyed every single second of this series, one of the most realistics plot I've seen.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 15, 2009 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
Mikiyo said:
Although the ending makes me feel sad, NANA gets a 10/10 for me, I enjoyed every single second of this series, one of the most realistics plot I've seen.

and the Anime will continue when the manga is finished, and the manga is coming to an end :D:D:D:D!

i cant waaait! ^^
Oct 17, 2009 2:19 PM

May 2008
This episode was kinda sad and it raised a lot of questions, like Where the hell is Nana? The ending, or the lack of it, made me want to read the manga, but I'll just wait for the second season.
Oct 17, 2009 8:01 PM

Jan 2009
Kyomutentan said:
This episode was kinda sad and it raised a lot of questions, like Where the hell is Nana? The ending, or the lack of it, made me want to read the manga, but I'll just wait for the second season.
Thats why most of people who watch NANA can't just use a harsh judgement on the ending, not even a good conclusion due to how it ended (hard to predict what happened with Hachi's daughter, Nobu and both Nanas anyway), since its quite clearly stated that the plot hasn't finished yet. But comparing NANA to the most of romance series out there... no wait, It's not even fair to compare, NANA with another romance series, its just completely in another level, the realm of "Realism" is just beyond of what this show made me feel, it was very, very real.

I wanted to take a peak to the manga as well, but that would be a crime. So lets better hide our guts and wait more for the second season.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 4, 2009 4:16 AM
Nov 2009
so i just finished watching the anime. and its heartbreaking, i was suspecting nanas death all thru the last episodes, but i NEED YES ITS A NEED, someone whose the read the manga just to let me know if nana the punk rocker is still alive. just a simple yes hses alive wud do lol. as for hachi OH MY GOD i love her but she pisses the hell out of me with all that hesitation and crap. anyway PLEASE let me know. yes or no ppl, yes or no.
Nov 11, 2009 1:55 AM
Apr 2008
Ehhh... What? This is the ending? I'm assuming a second season is being planned or something because the last 8-ish episodes raised more questions than it gave answers. Does anyone know if a second season is in the works? Or if its being put off until there are more manga chapters released so there's more source material?

Anyways, what I did get was decent enough, yet not satisfying at all. I want to know more about Shin and Reira, as I think they are, by far, the most interesting pairing in the series (even though Hirano Aya's voice drives me nuts). As for everyone else, as stated above, there are more questions than answers, especially with the "flash-forward" that did not help with my understanding of the series at all.

I suppose I will start reading the manga to feed my curiosity.
Nov 24, 2009 8:57 AM

Jan 2009
There is suppose to be a second season once the manga is finished. But the mangka got sick and i think she still isn't working on it, but the manga is nearing it's end.
Nov 27, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
liked the anime but I feel clearly the presence of manga... so can anyone tell me where the aniem stops (about) in manga? or... its different in everyway?
Dec 22, 2009 5:06 PM

Sep 2009
I just finished this anime and I cried. I hate endings like this, the guy & girl who should have ended up together, didn't. But then again, she chose the path she walked down, so I can't really hate the ending, it was perfect in the way it ended. And in that way it resembles real life, and that is why I like this anime, they had relationship that were real. I gave it a 9/10. Now onto something a little more happier, the music was fantastic, most of it is now in my collection. I think I have started watching anime to expand my music collection lol.

I will start reading the manga until season 2 comes out. But I need a break from the emotional drama of this series for a bit. Now to go find something fluffy to watch. lol
Dec 22, 2009 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
9/10 I fully enjoy it. Once the Mangaka gets better and completes the manga I'll marathon it.
TuzoAnimeDec 22, 2009 6:53 PM
Dec 31, 2009 10:36 AM
Dec 2009
oh man that's make me crazy, what's going on maube we need Kira to eliminate takumi. to be honest this series was amazing but the the it kinda make think about it ang man what happend. im not sure if there's a second season
Jan 9, 2010 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
A brilliant series... I can't wait for the second season...
Jan 20, 2010 10:51 PM

Jul 2006
Awesome series. Started out kinda plain/boring, but once all the drama started, I was sucked into it. Around ep 35 is when I knew I was giving this a 10, and it deserved it. By a long shot. It may even be one of my top 10 series.... maybe.

Loved the ending, tho still some things up in the air.

Also, dunno if anyone else noticed this, but Nana's disguise looks justl like Caroline from Yazawa's other series "Paradise Kiss".

Feb 1, 2010 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
LoliLoverJustice said:

Also, dunno if anyone else noticed this, but Nana's disguise looks justl like Caroline from Yazawa's other series "Paradise Kiss".

Wow and I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Anyways it ended up being quite well put together in my opinion though i generally dislike endings that show some years into the future. The child looks adorable. I wish I know what happened with Nana (Hachi's) relationship with her husband to be and Nobu after all that time. Oh well. Guess I'll just wait till I have the chance to find out.
Feb 5, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
so yes the ending and the last arc were not as great as the rest, but somehow I feel badly giving this anime anything less than a 10. There were just so many parts that were amazing: the relationship between the 2 Nanas, the Nana/Ren arc, the portrayal of the girls' earlier lives, the realism (at least for a while), etc. Yes it kind of went downhill but it was starting from such a high point to begin with, I doubt many animes can retain that level of awesome for 15 episodes let alone 47. So for now I am giving it a 10. Who knows, I may change my mind later, I often do.

The main thing that bugged me however was how Takumi suddenly decided to marry Nana. I thought that was just unrealistic given how much he valued his career over everything else. I also didn't see why she would agree to it when she loved Nobu. It really didn't seem like she loved Takumi that much or at all. It seemed like she was only marrying him because he offered first.
sevenayFeb 5, 2010 4:42 PM
Mar 10, 2010 7:05 PM
Jan 2008
Phyleron said:
la_tigra said:

Takumi said that Ren's addiction is purely psychological, though, not a physical addiction like tobacco - so drugs are out of the picture.

It is drugs because Yas saw Ren weak. There was scene he push Ren against the wall and told him to quit using. Yas also said that he isn't going to take Nana from him. I don't remember the episode, but its definitely drugs because he lost weight and seemed cold. He used them when he had to leave to England, prolly due to loneliness without Nana.

It is highly probable that Ren died of an overdose and Nana killed herself. Otherwise, why would they have Hachi say, "there are so many things I have to tell you". She could have easily talk to her, call her, etc. In addition, Nana would be the in the room with them if she were alive.

Someone said it might be Nana who showed up in the end because the girl eyes lit up. She prolly was looking at the fireworks.

Hachi likely did get married with Takumi, seeing how Nobu is too much of a pussy. He should have open that door and hugged her.
Mar 12, 2010 10:41 PM
Mar 2010
From the way they talk, it sounds like Ren's alive and they're waiting for him.

Nobu: Hey, where's Ren? Isn't he coming?
Hachi: He'll be here for the fireworks.
Yasu: He takes his time, as always.

I'm worried about Osaki Nana though!
Mar 14, 2010 3:22 AM

Jan 2010
Superb series! Haven't watched something as good as this in quite a while. I would give it 11 out of 10, maybe even 12 :)

Really looking forward for the second season.
Apr 4, 2010 9:18 AM

Oct 2009
That was the ending?

Since the first episode i've thought it sounded like Hachi was talking to the memories of a dead Nana, but then there was a while when Nana took over, so I assumed I was just being over-dramatic, but that ending, surely seemed like she was dead/missing. Blast, Hachi and her daughter waiting for Ren but not mentioning Nana, and saying some things are too painful or whatever.

Ehh, I find i'm actually not bothered enough to start the manga now, but a second season seems necessary whenever it finishes.
Oh flip sake, my heart still hurts, I was expecting answers, not more questions!
Apr 16, 2010 6:23 PM

Mar 2010
ARGH SHE SHOULD HAVE ENDED UP WITH NOBU!!! I'm so pissed now!!!
Animestuffs-1.png
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Jun 14, 2008

74 by Fairytelly »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jul 21, 2007

66 by Fairytelly »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jun 29, 2007

62 by Fairytelly »»
Jun 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 10, 2007

73 by Fairytelly »»
Jun 14, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cureroyale - Feb 18, 2009

56 by Fairytelly »»
Jun 13, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.