New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (115) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2011 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
Lotus97 said:
metamorphius said:

Just wanted to quote it...

if you like it, here are some moooooore...

Lotus97 said:
@Bill, meta
People are more likely to join a club if it has a high member count, but I agree it's quality not quantity...or should I say awsomeness not quantity

Of course, I understand what you're saying. And you have the point there. It's best to have a lot of ACTIVE members, ergo both quality awesomeness and quantity. What I was trying to say, through all that trolling, is that it would be pointless to have a great number of members just for the sake of numbers. Joining the club just for the sake of joining is not much fun, now is it. (not that i'm not guilty of the exactly same thing when it comes to some other clubs I hardly ever go to).
Jun 23, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
I have alot of clubs i join but over half of them are dead and finding your the only one posting half the time it gets boring XD then the club is forgotten... woops >.>;; i knew i forgot something...

Jun 23, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
StaticNekoX said:
I have alot of clubs i join but over half of them are dead and finding your the only one posting half the time it gets boring XD then the club is forgotten... woops >.>;; i knew i forgot something...

bite your tongue!!!!! :PPP I hope that never happens here!
On a side note, welcome!! Oh wow, what a sweet welcome! xD haha I'm sorry, I'm mostly nicer! LOL
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 23, 2011 1:10 PM
Jun 2011
StaticNekoX said:

I also hope that doesn't happen here! This seems to be one of the few active groups with genuinely nice people in :O Nice to meet you btw!
Jun 23, 2011 1:18 PM

Apr 2011
StaticNekoX said:

Agreed. The only other active ones I join are cards clubs
Jun 23, 2011 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
X3 lol sorry im just happy i found a club thats actually talking for once... is pretty much what im saying. Not meaning to Jinx anything XD and thanks for the welcome :3

Jun 23, 2011 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
StaticNekoX said:
X3 lol sorry im just happy i found a club thats actually talking for once... is pretty much what im saying. Not meaning to Jinx anything XD and thanks for the welcome :3

haha i know i know!! still it will be your fault if sth happens!!!!! :O
ok JOKING! :P Don't take me too srsly, I like teasing people.
So welcome again.. xD And hope you'll have fun! ;D
Jun 24, 2011 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
oh man! a very warm welcome to both static and seasons!

i haven't been online for the last two days, been busy watching amagami and kekkaishi..

so please DON'T HATE ME! waAaAaAa!

ooops! sorry bout that that! i tend to over react sometimes! O_,0

anyways welcome!!!
Jun 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
Yep X3 its okay *noms on a a riceball* yes we all tend to do that >.> and thanks for the welcome :3 i ran away from justice she bites like NOM NOM! X3 lol Joking... who cant have fun in this club i have a blast X3!

Jun 24, 2011 6:33 PM
Mar 2008
Hi. I am Pero (not real name) and I'm 24. They say the first step is admitting the problem and I hope you can help me overcome it. In exchange, you have permission to witness my quest to become younger.

PS: Once I'm 19, I'm gone from this club forever.
Jun 24, 2011 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
welcome Pero, i can't profess to help you overcome anything (except possibly the use of brain cells =p) but as soon as you let me know the secret of returning youth, lemme know Ponce de Leon =D
Jun 24, 2011 11:25 PM

Jun 2011
hi ya! pero! nice to have you! Welcome!!!

have fun ok! like the fun i'm having right now since joining this club! O_,0
Jun 25, 2011 12:51 AM

Apr 2008
supp pero!

my goal is to turn 21 and stay there forever. yup i feel like thats a good age to stop growing at =)
Jun 25, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
Welcome Pero!! Very nice to meet you! I'm 24 too and I'm in the same quest as you! Proof is the two pigtails I have right now on my hair and the fact that I act as a kid every day that passes. I think I might be reaching adolescence backwards! xD
Jun 25, 2011 7:19 AM
Jun 2011
Hey Pero! :)
I guess i'm lucky cause i'm nearly 21 but i look 16/17, well some say i'm lucky but i hate it -_-
Nice to meet you anyways! I'm Sapphire :)
Jun 25, 2011 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
@owl

you'll appreciate it more when you're pushing 30. btw, dig the avatar =D
Jun 25, 2011 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Welcome Pero! Glad to have you!

Jun 25, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2010
Hiya Pero welcome!

Jun 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
hi im lonnell im 22 i just started community college in the worst city in the united states cleveland,ohio
Jun 25, 2011 3:21 PM

Apr 2011
Human_BoyA said:
hi im lonnell im 22 i just started community college in the worst city in the united states cleveland,ohio

Welcome lonnell, I live nearby in Columbus
Jun 25, 2011 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
welcome lonnell

Jun 26, 2011 1:21 AM
Jun 2011
Welcome Lonnell! :)

billmurderface said:
@owl

you'll appreciate it more when you're pushing 30. btw, dig the avatar =D

Most likely, but it's annoying right now cause people keep asking me if my tattoos are real etc i want to punch them haha! and thankyou :D
JuicePuppyJun 26, 2011 6:41 AM
Jun 26, 2011 1:52 AM

Aug 2010
Welcome Lonnell!!!

Jun 27, 2011 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
Welcome <3~
Jun 27, 2011 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
Welcome Human! E.T. speaking! :P haha jk. Have fun in the forums! ;)
Jun 28, 2011 3:21 PM
Apr 2010
Introductions, I'm TWM or Tweaky as some call me.

One of my main interests is people, and it has been so for years. There's a little bit more to it than just that though, I only find myself interested in people's minds but not actually them. I'm interested in the intangible knowledge, influences, or personal experiences they possess. For instance I don't really care how someone's day was or if they become ill. Nothing involving, as I call them, "every day matters" concerns me in a large part. There are a few beings however that bend that rule, some that have a little more to them. I like to know why people do the things they do or why they feel the way they feel. What had caused them to have their current beliefs, or what parts of their past has shaped their present and futures. The inner workings of another's mind and how they function day to day. It's almost like studying them, without being clinical about it.

I have been trying to feed an interest in more psychological, seinen, and drama anime/manga. Something that makes me question or think. Aside from that is in general a couple of genres being mystery, action, comedy. The same goes along with other forms of entertainment like TV and movies. The only thing is, is that as of late I really haven't been too interested in anime or manga, only keeping up with a few oldies without trying out my long lists of things to watch or read.

The type of music I enjoy would be as follows: Most stuff from the 90's - Rock - Metal - Hip-Hop - Alternative - Techno - Classical.
(Some and not all) Applies to each of those genres.
Lately I have been listening more to Nujabes and the like, the style of Hip-Hop that is real and meaningful. What I don't like is the kind of rap that promotes materialistic desires, objectifies women, or whose fans are enthralled by a blaring bass. Even more recently than my seeking depth of music in Hip-Hop is a return to the old, some great Rock bands of past generations. I am not a fanatic of any type of music, I am rather chill about it as long as it or the fans do not irritate me. Mostly people can listen to what they want to listen to.
Jun 28, 2011 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Hi there Tweaky!! Nice to have you in our club! I care about all those things you mentioned too. I like discussing stuff like that as well, I could be talking for hours! xD
Humans are indeed very intriguing, a big mystery!

btw I hate hate hate hip hop that has money and boobs allover the lyrics. I hate it with such a great passion that I can break sth if you force me to listen to such UBER shit!!
I don't mind hip hop with decent lyrics though, but being honest it's not my kind of thing. I prefer alternative rock bands, also a few screamo, but I need to have GREAT lyrics first, otherwise I won't care much about the song, even if I like the music.

Welcome to our forums and have fun!! :)
Jun 28, 2011 4:44 PM

Apr 2011
@Justice, Tweaky
I used to be a big fan of Eminem and D12, but now when I listen to their lyrics, I cringe a little. I still think they're talented, but I find my interest waning a bit.
Jun 28, 2011 4:55 PM

Jun 2011
Hello everyone I'm holloween. I joined MAL after using this site for a long time to find manga and anime to watch. I'm just your normal everyday guy, I love action and gorey anime. I go to school full time and spend most of my free time playing world of warcraft, watching anime or cooking. I look forward to getting to know everyone =D
Jun 28, 2011 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
WelcomeTweaky, hope you'll have fun in this club.
*looks at your profile* Hoooo, anime compatibility over 80%! Now that's something I see very rarely.

JusticeUndone said:

btw I hate hate hate hip hop that has money and boobs allover the lyrics. I hate it with such a great passion that I can break sth if you force me to listen to such UBER shit!!

Milady justice, allow me to shake your hands! I also happen to utterly despise such craptastic 'music'.
I don't mind hip hop in general, I have times when it suits my mood, but what you described as uber crap I cannot stand. Not that I'm exposed to it anyway so it doesn't matter much.

@Holloween
Welcome to the club and MAL as well.
Cooking's your hobby? Now that sounds uber awesome.
Jun 28, 2011 5:13 PM

Jun 2011
metamorphius said:

@Holloween
Welcome to the club and MAL as well.
Cooking's your hobby? Now that sounds uber awesome.

I've been cooking for a long time now it started out at a bakery so making sweets is what I'm best at.
Jun 28, 2011 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
welcome tweaky and holloween

dig the pic hollow...pretty sweet and a fellow lover of cooking to boot. awesomeness

tweaky, one of the more thought out intros i've seen, kudos =D
Jun 28, 2011 5:45 PM

Jun 2011
billmurderface said:
welcome tweaky and holloween

dig the pic hollow...pretty sweet and a fellow lover of cooking to boot. awesomeness
/quote]

Thanks I love halloween and making scary pumpkins its to bad I'm terrible at pumpking carving
Jun 28, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2011
hmmm hello there tweaky and holloween....

hmmmm......

not a bad name if you join forces "tweakyHolloween" >:p

welcome to the club!
Jun 29, 2011 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
Hello Holloween and Tweaky! Nice to meet you and welcome!

Jun 30, 2011 6:15 PM
Apr 2010
Jun 30, 2011 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
TWM said:

metamorphius said:
*looks at your profile* Hoooo, anime compatibility over 80%! Now that's something I see very rarely.
Well thank you, hmmm I've not really checked out compatibly with many people so I can't entirely comprehend how important it may be, although someone else I enjoyed talking to seems to have about a 76% compatibility with me. So our interests are fairly similar, sounds like a good thing.

It's not like it's really important, it's just that I rarely see users that have high compatibility with me so it kinda caught my attention. Well, I don't actually go around MAL browsing other people's profiles, so maybe that's why xD
Jul 1, 2011 7:00 AM

Apr 2011
metamorphius said:
TWM said:

metamorphius said:
Well thank you, hmmm I've not really checked out compatibly with many people so I can't entirely comprehend how important it may be, although someone else I enjoyed talking to seems to have about a 76% compatibility with me. So our interests are fairly similar, sounds like a good thing.

It's not like it's really important, it's just that I rarely see users that have high compatibility with me so it kinda caught my attention. Well, I don't actually go around MAL browsing other people's profiles, so maybe that's why xD

I find compatibility interesting even though it probably doesn't mean anything. Just kind of a fun thing to look at
Jul 4, 2011 4:36 AM

Jul 2011
Hi, I'm Jeremiah Bourque. There's no point going by just my first name because I'm not a hard person to find... I used to do manga and a little novel translation work for TOKYOPOP when it was still financially viable. (It's obviously been a while... ^^;)

I'm 33 years old and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Thanks to this location, I'm basically self-taught in Japanese (over a good number of years) due to er, shall we say, complete lack of other options. I had to do it the hard way. Don't try it at home.

I've been pursuing anime and related things as a hobby and Japanese as an attempted career, but the career part never clicked enough. Even so, I am an amateur writer and always had a soft spot for prose and dialog, so I carry the skills required to watch raw anime and read raw manga at a high level, and I do. I also do quite a bit of toying with imported Japanese video games, which keeps both my listening and reading skills sharp. Yes, that means lots of kanji, but it's old hat to me now.

Anime remains a hobby of mine, but more broadly, I'm a fan of good storytelling, and I just happen to get a lot of that out of Japanese sources. I'm a big fan of the culture. I just haven't done enough networking to talk to people about similar interests... which I'm sure you'll understand. Before, I had non-disclosure agreements and touchy publishers to worry about. Now I don't.

I'm helping a startup company (actually headed by my father) get off the ground and will be its webmaster when it's up and running, hopefully in a few months tops. I'll also handle its online marketing, customer communication, etc. Hopefully it all works out.
Jul 4, 2011 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
Welcome to the club Jeremiah, glad to have you in our ranks.
A renowned translator, that's impressive. I'm not joking, I'm truly impressed that you were able to master Japanese on your own. How long did it take?
metamorphiusJul 4, 2011 6:40 AM
Jul 4, 2011 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
Welcome to the club Jeremiah!!

You were working for Tokyopo? Amazing! It's so bad they closed their offices in the US, I was so looking forward to Hetalia's third volume in English. 8(

Jul 4, 2011 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
Welcome :D. Looks like you've got plenty of experience behind you, that's pretty damn cool. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
Jul 4, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
welcome Jeremiah...always loved bourque as a last name (as a hockey fan, duh) and your avatar rocks too btw.
Jul 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
metamorphius said:
Welcome to the club Jeremiah, glad to have you in our ranks.
A renowned translator, that's impressive. I'm not joking, I'm truly impressed that you were able to master Japanese on your own. How long did it take?

I only felt like I was really mastering things after ten years, including translating the first several Slayers novels and a lot of learning from the school of hard knocks. Like I said, not recommended ^^ But I try to help other people who are learning to make it a less painful process. I didn't get enough help from the textbooks I had back when I was learning, and it wasn't specific to specific textbooks; there's just problems with how it's taught, how even the college texts read like something from Berlitz (now Lionsbridge). But oh well, no need for a long rant from the ex translator :)

I wouldn't know how renowned I am because I wasn't able to talk to people about it much. NDA's and stuff.
Jul 4, 2011 12:03 PM

Apr 2011
@Jeremiah
Slayers? Cool, I'm in the middle of the first season and loving it
Jul 4, 2011 12:12 PM

Apr 2011
Hi, I'm Ash, nice to meet you all. Don't really know what to say about myself but I guess I'll just start by saying I'm 21 and live in Canada. I just finished my 2nd year at the University of Toronto and umm.. yeah much to really say haha. I guess I could add that I do play the guitar and have been learning a lot of these nice songs I hear from the animes I watch :)

My fascination with Anime started when I finished watching all those delightful Hayao Miyazaki movies like spirited away, howl's moving castle, etc, and since then I've fallen in love with it.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys, and expanding my anime horizons haha

Also, I'm planning on visiting Japan next summer just for the hell of it for a couple of weeks, so if anyone has been there and has any tips or suggestions, I would appreciate it!
Jul 4, 2011 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
Welcome, bbmello. I like the name Ash, it reminds me of the movie Army of Darkness.
Jul 4, 2011 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
Lotus97 said:
Welcome, bbmello. I like the name Ash, it reminds me of the movie Army of Darkness.

for me it reminds me of Ash from Pokemon. :P

Welcome Ash! ;D Have fun in the forum! makazeharuka was in Japan last summer, so you could ask her a few things about her trip. She has posted a few photos on a thread about vacations here in the forum. You will find it if you search a bit.
Nice to find a fellow anime music lover, I like playing anime themes in my keyboard as well.
Jul 4, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 2010
Welcome Ash again. Do you remember me from the introductions forums heh?

Jul 4, 2011 3:50 PM

Jul 2011
Ah hi, I hear there's a big anime club at that school. Nothing like that where I live (in Nova Scotia). I'm sending a friend request. Welcome and take care. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (115) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM

» [Game] Last Letter - Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kumquat123 - Feb 18, 2012

3116 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.