Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 22, 2011 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
define filler then...i watched 43 episodes and about 20 were random nonsense,no plot what so ever
you can't say those jobs they do aren't fillers because they don't add anything to the story.

You could say that most Gintama episodes are fillers since they don't contribute to the story but a show doesn't need to have an overall story to be good. I am quite certain that many people would agree that Mushishi is an amazing anime. In the end all that matters is how enjoyable the show actually is. If you don't like Gintama your problem isn't its lack of story, but the fact that its comedy doesn't suit your taste.
Jun 22, 2011 5:46 PM
Jun 2011
Settle down kiddies. You like what you like, and don't what you don't. A shows position on an arbitrary rating is meaningless. I personally enjoy GinTama and don't care whether it's on the top or the bottom. We're all entitled to our opinions. Right now it's likely my favorite anime.

Trying to force a person to like a show is just as pointless as trying to make a girl like you. The more you try to force it, the more it pushes the person away.

Then again it can't be avoided, this is the anonymous internet after all.

clannad4ever said:

are you sure we watched the same stuff? lol

define filler then...i watched 43 episodes and about 20 were random nonsense,no plot what so ever
you can't say those jobs they do aren't fillers because they don't add anything to the story.

To me, filler is material which is not in the manga. When a person says there isn't much filler then likely that is what they mean. Using that definition GinTama only has around 26 episode. By your definition, the majority of the series is filler.

Sadly I believe GinTama is often misunderstood. From a distance it looks like a Shounen series along the lines of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. I see it as more of Simpsons or Family Guy type show with elements of shounen fight shows mixed in.

That's my two Canadian cents.
MinscJun 22, 2011 5:55 PM
Jun 22, 2011 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
Moimy said:
Fuzzhx said:
SMH...you are indeed a sad, strange, little man.
zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

im beginning to feel kinda sorry for you. life mustv been pretty rough to make you act like this at your age. but ill stop replying now. cuz im gonna feel kinda dumb if it turns out ive been arguing with a little kid this whole time..

Minsc said:

Sadly I believe GinTama is often misunderstood. From a distance it looks like a Shounen series along the lines of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. I see it as more of Simpsons or Family Guy type show with elements of shounen fight shows mixed in.

these are my thoughts exactly.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 22, 2011 6:23 PM
Jun 22, 2011 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
lol^

Tixy said:

You could say that most Gintama episodes are fillers since they don't contribute to the story but a show doesn't need to have an overall story to be good. I am quite certain that many people would agree that Mushishi is an amazing anime. In the end all that matters is how enjoyable the show actually is. If you don't like Gintama your problem isn't its lack of story, but the fact that its comedy doesn't suit your taste.

honestly i wouldnt know if they are fillers or not. Gintama isnt like most anime. its kinda reversed in the way that most episodes seem like fillers but occasionaly they bring out the serious arcs with actual plots. in other words you could almost call the arcs the fillers. and all the "fillers" Gintama's regular episodes. but i agree, in the end, all that matters is enjoyment. and fillers or not, they are some extremely enjoyable episodes.
Jun 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Nov 2010
Moimy said:
Ha, you lied, you replied. Booyah.

"lol" isnt a reply its a laugh(something you do when you find something funny). somehow i knew you would say that.

^that is a reply

but this one doesnt count because i felt the need to educate you. now that we have that cleared up. have fun trolling -_-
it was entertaining for a while but now im bored.
Jun 22, 2011 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
SMH...^

lol he never gives up.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 22, 2011 7:27 PM
Jun 22, 2011 7:29 PM

Nov 2010
SMH...^

anyway, back on topic. does anyone know for sure if all the scores for an anime are registered and unfiltered until the anime is completed? i always thought that it filtered out the scores of the people who havnt watched atleast 1/5 of however many episodes are currently out.
Jun 22, 2011 7:41 PM

Nov 2010
SMH...^

(lmao sry i had to do it. ok im done now)
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 22, 2011 7:45 PM
Jun 22, 2011 9:54 PM
Dec 2010
Successful counter-troll is successfull XD

Glad to see Gintama is highly appreciated on this site. I think I'm going to like it here.
Jun 22, 2011 10:07 PM

Jun 2009
Personally the only thing that really bothers be is an anime watched by so few as 6,000 people can take a number one spot. However that is the way it works. Some fanbases are just so pleased with their child.

Personally, I prefer plot driven anime and comedy is not my thing.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 23, 2011 3:30 AM
Jun 2011
Ironically, this anime whose popularity ranking is in such debate has it's own arc which pokes fun at popularity rankings. Anyone who has watched it knows what happened to #1, lol.
Jun 23, 2011 6:38 AM

Oct 2010
clannad4ever said:
Maskonna said:
clannad4ever said:
Fuzzhx said:
clannad4ever said:
isn't this a bit..i don't know...overrated?

no

clannad4ever said:
i know what gintama is about and i'm not being a "fanboy",this anime is mostly random jokes

why can't something with a bit of plot have the 1st place?

what makes this anime so great are the multiple serious arcs that it has(not to mention it's great comedy), which infact have really good plots. maybe by the time you get caught up you will hopefully understand why this anime isnt overrated. but idk it could just not suit your tastes.

i placed some fair arguments i think...yeah it has multiple arcs obviously,since it has 200+ episodes,but from what i watched for every interesting arc(although it has it's random moments),there's 10 meaningless episodes.

i can name so many series that have besides great characters(which i'm gonna admit...Gintama has awesome characters) also a hell of a story...Death Note,LOTGH,Clannad AS,Baccano,Cowboy Bebop...only to name a few

Gintama has too much filler to be on top,and although it has multiple arcs,it deserves a decent score imo like 8.73..but not to have 2 series in the top 5.

end of rant :)

Through the 201 episodes Gintama had about only 17 filler episodes how come you're saying it has too much filler O__o??

are you sure we watched the same stuff? lol

A filler is something that isn't part of the manga that's what filler is O_o..

It's a freaking comedy the plot is connected through the serious arcs and that's it the rest is just pure comedy which made the fans fall in love with the show -__-..

Jun 23, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2007
Honestly, this kind of argument is pointless.
There are people that like Gintama, there are people that don't like Gintama.
Personally, I love Gintama and I couldn't care less if it was first or not. And I find it completely stupid to compare Gintama to Mushishi since they are a totally different genre. You can't compare comedy with drama, nor a shounen with a shoujo, for instance.
Though, it's sad that there are people whose lives are actually affected by an anime being in first place or not.
At any rate, Minsc already said everything, I hope a moderator locks this thread for good, no use beating around the bush.
Jun 23, 2011 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
Minsc said:
Ironically, this anime whose popularity ranking is in such debate has it's own arc which pokes fun at popularity rankings. Anyone who has watched it knows what happened to #1, lol.

lmao that was one of my favorite arcs
Jun 23, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
Moimy said:
This one just can't read.

I can read, and you are stupid, mommy. :D Didn't I just say shut the fuck up? Geez mommies should be in the kitchen. Get back in there you smelly slave.
Jun 24, 2011 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
Sup?
Jun 24, 2011 9:17 AM

Jan 2010
it's just ratings. you can't tell people what to love or hate. anyone can rate any way they want. It's just a number...no big deal. As for me I love Gintama. I won't watch S2 it till it reaches 100+ eps. But hey its awesome so what can you do? Thats why it deserves to be on top of the page.
Jun 24, 2011 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
NoGoodTsuna said:
I won't watch S2 it till it reaches 100+ eps.

If it were to reach to 100+ episodes, it would take about 2 years. So you shouldn't wait that long. XD LOL
Jun 24, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
AL19 said:
NoGoodTsuna said:
I won't watch S2 it till it reaches 100+ eps.

If it were to reach to 100+ episodes, it would take about 2 years. So you shouldn't wait that long. XD LOL

lol yea that would take a while. but imo the patience would pay off in the long run. i want to marathon the hell out of this series but its just so hard for me to not watch the weekly eps because of how good they are. luckily i discovered Gintama after the first 201 eps were completed so it was pretty sweet not having to wait in between eps for atleast for part 1 of this series.
Jun 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Oct 2007
Fukiri said:
And I find it completely stupid to compare Gintama to Mushishi since they are a totally different genre. You can't compare comedy with drama, nor a shounen with a shoujo, for instance.

I wasn't comparing Gintama to Mushishi, I was just stating the fact that anime's episodic nature and overall lack of plot shouldn't mean it doesn't deserve a high place on the top list.
TixyJun 24, 2011 4:06 PM
Jun 24, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
Tixy said:
Fukiri said:
And I find it completely stupid to compare Gintama to Mushishi since they are a totally different genre. You can't compare comedy with drama, nor a shounen with a shoujo, for instance.

I wasn't comparing Gintama to Mushishi, I was just stating the fact that anime's episodic nature and overall lack of plot should mean it doesn't deserve a high place on the top list.

Yet you gave it a 10. Hmm.
Jun 24, 2011 4:06 PM

Oct 2007
Meant to say shouldn't.
Jun 25, 2011 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
Moimy said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Moimy said:
This one just can't read.

I can read, and you are stupid, mommy. :D Didn't I just say shut the fuck up? Geez mommies should be in the kitchen. Get back in there you smelly slave.
I smell good, you take that back!

Tch. Change your perfume then maybe....
WoofSadaharuJun 25, 2011 12:44 AM
Jun 25, 2011 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
WoofSadaharu said:

Tixy said:
Meant to say shouldn't.

*judging your fanboyism* You know you contributed to Gintama' being number one. You're not one to talk so shut it.

Wut...She just said that the episodic nature SHOULD NOT lead to lower scores.
Jun 25, 2011 12:44 AM

Jul 2009
jpem said:
WoofSadaharu said:

Tixy said:
Meant to say shouldn't.

*judging your fanboyism* You know you contributed to Gintama' being number one. You're not one to talk so shut it.

Wut...She just said that the episodic nature SHOULD NOT lead to lower scores.

Damn. I misread that one. Sorry bout that, Tixy.
Jun 25, 2011 6:09 PM

Jul 2007
Tixy said:
Fukiri said:

I wasn't comparing Gintama to Mushishi, I was just stating the fact that anime's episodic nature and overall lack of plot shouldn't mean it doesn't deserve a high place on the top list.

I wasn't talking about your comparison, but the other general troll's comparison. I can't even find it in this cluster of trolling. At any rate, it was someone saying that Mushishi was way better than Gintama.
Since they are of different genres, I think that it's hard to tell which is better without counting people's enjoyment factor on this.
Though yeah, they are mainly episodic. So is Mononoke, there isn't exactly a plot in that and people still think it's a great anime. And even Gintama has more plot than that XD
FukiriJun 25, 2011 6:20 PM
Jun 25, 2011 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
Oh that makes sense. Well I just wasted 2 pages with misunderstandings, it all feels like Kimi ni Todoke forum version so I am getting out of here and never coming back.
Jun 27, 2011 7:46 PM

Jul 2007
Tixy said:
Oh that makes sense. Well I just wasted 2 pages with misunderstandings, it all feels like Kimi ni Todoke forum version so I am getting out of here and never coming back.

I agree and support that motion.
Sep 2, 2011 12:26 AM

Mar 2011
I finished the first 201 episodes and hesitantly rated it a 9, thinking "oh gosh, I feel like I almost want to rate it 10... but... oh, if only there was a 9.5..."

Then I watched the first new episode.
"oh, if only there was an 11... or >9000"
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Jan 20, 2012 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
kuroshiroi said:
orzel286 said:

Post those links here -> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=0

/ED - Some of those won't be deleted though. Thanks to "you can troll on your main account LOL" policy :|

For the sole reason of being pissed off I removed Gintama' from my list. There you go little whiners. Der eine Troll macht das Fett auch nicht wett.
Now would someone please be so kind extinguish the links to my profile in this thread?
Mar 2, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2011
god, y isnt gintama at 9.48 anymore, it needs to be there... it just HAS to be
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trollardo - May 2, 2011

139 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Jun 20, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 4, 2011

337 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Jun 19, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2011

91 by assassinsff »»
Jun 14, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HariTop - Dec 19, 2011

171 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Jun 8, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

StormViruz - Dec 12, 2011

94 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Jun 8, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.