Forum Settings
Forums

Will anime ever be widely accepted or seen?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 1, 2011 12:27 AM

Sep 2010
anime needs to stay underground
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2011 5:45 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah its shame in the past we once had gundam wings and dragon bal z these these days we get power puf girls and zack and cody crap :S
Jun 1, 2011 9:00 AM

Sep 2008
Might have to wait a while on the next anime boom considering the complicated matters it has faced in recent years such as the economic recession, censorship issues and the whole Animation Age Ghetto.
Jun 1, 2011 9:44 AM
May 2011
Personally I think anime is always gonna be there. It's always gonna be popular in Japan and will always be popular between fans in America. People(Like me) will one day look at a preview of an anime and say "Wow! That is cool! It has giant robots and girls with big breasts!". Anyways people will one day recognize anime. But not today.
Jun 3, 2011 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
Heart_of_Storm said:

This.

Anime will never be palatable as a mainstream media format if it carries on producing shows about incestous sisters, sexualised lolis and women acting as vehicles for repeated pantyshots.

Yeah, because the mainstream HATES sex fantasies. =P
Jun 4, 2011 12:56 PM
Dec 2010
unless they stop the "for my friends" and all that friendship bs anime will never be so watched.
and also something really important is the fact that the majority of the animes never get an ending.
I introduced a few friends to some animes and when they wanted to see the next season and I told them that there is no next season and that probably there won't be one, they were like "...the fuck dude?"
no one likes to pay for 1/5 of the story. I don't care if the animes have only 4-12-24 episodes, but make a muthafuckin ending to it. is it really that hard? I don't think so.
so in conclusion animes won't get too popular unless they cut the friendship bs and make an ending to the anime that they started.
P.S: I forgot to say, also never fuckin start an anime that is purely based on fan service or 50% (or more) of the anime is only fan service.
eternalxJun 4, 2011 1:00 PM
Jun 4, 2011 1:04 PM
Jun 2010
you
eternalx said:
unless they stop the "for my friends" and all that friendship bs anime will never be so watched.
and also something really important is the fact that the majority of the animes never get an ending.
I introduced a few friends to some animes and when they wanted to see the next season and I told them that there is no next season and that probably there won't be one, they were like "...the fuck dude?"
no one likes to pay for 1/5 of the story. I don't care if the animes have only 4-12-24 episodes, but make a muthafuckin ending to it. is it really that hard? I don't think so.
so in conclusion animes won't get too popular unless they cut the friendship bs and make an ending to the anime that they started.
P.S: I forgot to say, also never fuckin start an anime that is purely based on fan service or 50% (or more) of the anime is only fan service.

lol you seem a little too pissed :P
Jun 4, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
eternalx said:
eternalx said:

Not sure which anime you watch, but most of them get endings... also considering those 'friendship' anime are the most popular in the world (One Piece, Naruto) I doubt that's the problem.
Jun 4, 2011 11:32 PM

Sep 2010
OtherGuyX said:
Will anime ever be widely accepted or seen?

Anime is already accepted, to a point. Outside of Japan it is a foreign show and will always be in the shadow of domestic programming. There will be a couple of super-hits that all the kiddies are watching but as a whole domestic shows will be watched by larger audiences.

Jan 16, 2022 5:22 PM

May 2010
It's 2022 now and I'd say yes. Amazing what 11 years has done
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Jan 16, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
It's already widely accepted. But a better question is when will the double standards than Anime shouldn't have fanservice will go? GoT had plenty and even rape but it's considered a classic (Till S8). Titantic had a fully naked Kate Winslet but it's praised FOR the scene.

I'm not saying fanservice is bad or good but it's more hated on Anime than othe medium.
Jan 16, 2022 8:25 PM

Dec 2019
Unfortunately yes

30characterlimitisgay
Jan 17, 2022 12:38 PM

Aug 2019
welp, wonder if OP is around anymore
Jan 17, 2022 12:53 PM

Aug 2020
At pretty much every school I've been to so far, there were a fair amount of weebs. In my current school, people in my grade as well as some senpais see anime as the cool thing and they all want to see more anime (to be cool).
I've also seen some adults who were weebs, like that one teacher who almost killed me for calling him a weeb in class when he had a hxh wallpaper on his laptop (I wasn't a weeb back then).
However, most of these weebs only watch mainstream anime, like hxh and demon slayer, since ecchi stuff is considered... inappropriate.

So, yeah. At least here in Egypt, anime will be widely accepted.
fart poop boner
Jan 17, 2022 1:06 PM
#1 Diva Ann simp

Mar 2017
really depends will the West start pushing back the fandom of anime in a corner.

Even though Anime/Manga are telling better stories than the west (Comic books)

There is a lot of people in the Western Comic Book industry to their best shun to anime/manga. Not admitting that the Japanese can tell better stories than the west.
Jan 17, 2022 1:16 PM

Dec 2020
What are you talking about? Ever since around 2014, Anime has become a mainstream staple. Now, practically everyone (at least in the US) knows about it. Whether they like it or not, is something else entirely.

Anime is no longer associated with cringey Naruto running (I was one of those kids), no, rather it is associated as a whole with the Shonen genre. Basically, widely accepted (or for the very least tolerated) from plenty of crowds.

Back in the day, admitting you like Anime, was like being labeled as a witch in the 1600s. You would be completely ostracized, "the weird one," even as an adult I'd imagine you weren't looked at as a fellow human being. Thankfully, you won't be crucified anymore (Unless you don't agree with AOT, MHA, Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Death Note all being masterpieces).

The shift came mostly from this new era of shonen being ushered in.

EDIT: Just realized the Op was in 2011, well that was pointless.
TheAceAttorneyJan 17, 2022 1:19 PM
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Jan 17, 2022 1:27 PM

Feb 2021
Its 2022 rn and anime is widely accepted and popular among the world
Jan 20, 2022 5:13 AM

Dec 2019
It's not exactly "niche" anymore. Lots of shonen have reached mainstream popularity with normies by now and it's probably only going to grow in popularity from now on. It's whatever somewhat good but other times very very annoying.
Jan 20, 2022 5:36 AM
Jun 2021
TheAngryNerd said:
Unfortunately yes

30characterlimitisgay

based and redpilled
anime fans should gatekeep all the twitter/youtube normies who are after social points rather than enjoying themselves
Hot Blood saves lives.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

8 by TheBlockernator »»
55 seconds ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 54 minutes ago

6 by pk8list »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 9 hours ago

28 by Merve2Love »»
13 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

26 by pk8list »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Is reviving characters poor writing?

rohan121 - May 29

48 by Gashadokur0 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.