Forum Settings
Forums

Detective Conan: Haibara Ai Monogatari - Kurogane no Mystery Train Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2023 7:13 AM

Sep 2008
Watched this in a nearby theater last Friday.

94% of the movie is a faithful adaptation of the Mystery Train case, 5.9% is a compilation of various footage from when Haibara first appeared to introduce her, and 0.1% is new footage to promote movie 26.

After the end of the credits, Agasa reaches out to a plate that has 3 sandwiches and Haibara stops him and tells him he can only have one since he needs to watch his weight. After this, a static comes over the screen and we see a static photo of Gin; he says "To think I'd see that face of yours again, Sherry!"
This is literally the only "new" material we get out of this movie...

In my opinion, the 2 scenes they added to the mystery train case improved the original material:
1. Flashback of Gin shooting down Sherry
2. Flashback of Haibara despairing inside the bus moments before it explodes

I went in not expecting much, so I was not really disappointed.
I think this movie is a pretty solid alternative to the anime adaptation of the mystery train case.
Kaito__KidJan 11, 2023 7:21 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Jan 11, 2023 7:25 AM

Feb 2021
Tensai-Kun said:

94% of the movie is a faithful adaptation of the Mystery Train case, 5.9% is a compilation of various footage from when Haibara first appeared to introduce her, and 0.1% is new footage to promote movie 26.

After the end of the credits, Agasa reaches out to a plate that has 3 sandwiches and Haibara stops him and tells him he can only have one since he needs to watch his weight. After this, a static comes over the screen and we see a static photo of Gin; he says "To think I'd see that face of yours again, Sherry!"

In my opinion, the 2 scenes they added to the mystery train case improved the original material:

I think this movie is a pretty solid alternative to the anime adaptation of the mystery train case.
Good! So do you think we don't need to watch this movie and wait for the Submarine movie?
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 PM

Sep 2008
Memores said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Good! So do you think we don't need to watch this movie and wait for the Submarine movie?
I think you should only watch it if you need a reminder of what happened during the mystery train arc or if you have time to spare.
Otherwise, you're not missing out on much by skipping this one.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Jan 30, 2023 9:36 PM

Feb 2021
Tensai-Kun said:
Memores said:
I think you should only watch it if you need a reminder of what happened during the mystery train arc or if you have time to spare.
Otherwise, you're not missing out on much by skipping this one.

Ok, I understand, thanks! Then I only watch new footage from this compilation movie if it will be available.
May 7, 2023 11:48 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
the movie reminds me artwise why the old conan art is so much superior
張大です for 張大勇督察
May 13, 2023 8:16 AM
Nov 2019
i went to this thinking its the submarine movie 😭😭, still a good movie tho
May 17, 2023 10:23 AM

Mar 2015
recap.
the only new thing is the trailer at the end, which is not worth going to the movies for.
May 26, 2023 11:13 PM
May 2023
Good And It Is A Masterpiece
Sep 4, 2023 3:49 PM

Mar 2020
Love the little switch in the classic opener with Haibara

The animation is surprisingly great, the remastered scenes from back then are way better than the scenes from the current animation imo.

Ngl even though it's just a recap of previous events, it's still gets you hyped to watch the movie. These have been great, let's hope we get another one for the next movie as well lol
Joe, Joe Forever....
Feb 13, 5:51 PM
Mar 2019
Seems they just rushed through the Arc.
Sort of remembered bits.

More topics from this board

» Please don't hype me like this

DiabloMask - Dec 7, 2022

19 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 23, 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.