Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2021 12:28 AM
May 2021
I just started watching this series, so I wanted to know if there are other people here or not who are watching it currently 😂, as this series is really old. And also tell if u guys are higurashi fans or not 🙂
Sep 15, 2021 1:23 AM
Dec 2020
I will be watching Umineko when I finish watching higurashi sotsu because a lot of people say it has a lot of connections to each other. *I'm a huge higurashi fan 🤤*
Sep 15, 2021 1:52 AM
May 2021
[quote=Excelente message=64400750]I will be watching Umineko when I finish watching higurashi sotsu because a lot of people say it has a lot of connections to each other. *I'm a huge higurashi fan 🤤*[/quote
Excelente said:
I will be watching Umineko when I finish watching higurashi sotsu because a lot of people say it has a lot of connections to each other. *I'm a huge higurashi fan 🤤*
Nice I am also watching higurashi sotsu 😁, I wanted to know more about witches so started umineko side by side
Sep 15, 2021 2:09 AM

Jun 2021
After finishing gou a few Weeks ago i finally started watching umineko and completed IT within 3 days the Premise of this Anime is awesome i Like the classical murder mystery Setting with rich Family on an Island, Nothing new i Know but i think its cool.I think its Just executed really Bad so much wasted Potential especially the battler vs.beatrice duells where He has to Prove shes Not a witch have Been mostly weak because battler never really has good realistic Arguments to deny the existente of witches Hes Just stubborn and wont let her win.i think it would be better If He would have better Arguments.still Love the series and hoping for a Remake or at least a continutition
Sep 15, 2021 3:28 AM

Mar 2019
Apratim said:
I just started watching this series, so I wanted to know if there are other people here or not who are watching it currently 😂, as this series is really old. And also tell if u guys are higurashi fans or not 🙂
Currently i am reading the visual novel.

Earlier this year i discovered Umineko, and started by reading the manga.
Sometime in August i decided to watch the anime adaptation (cuz why not)

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Sep 15, 2021 3:30 AM

Mar 2019
Dobby-chan said:
After finishing gou a few Weeks ago i finally started watching umineko and completed IT within 3 days the Premise of this Anime is awesome i Like the classical murder mystery Setting with rich Family on an Island, Nothing new i Know but i think its cool.I think its Just executed really Bad so much wasted Potential especially the battler vs.beatrice duells where He has to Prove shes Not a witch have Been mostly weak because battler never really has good realistic Arguments to deny the existente of witches Hes Just stubborn and wont let her win.i think it would be better If He would have better Arguments.still Love the series and hoping for a Remake or at least a continutition
If you like Umineko anime, i really recommend reading the visual novel, or (at least) the manga adaptation.

First of all, the two are sooooo much better than the anime.
Second, both have conclusion.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Sep 15, 2021 3:38 AM

Jun 2021
I also Heard that the vn is much better,but in my Case im Just an Anime only and If i read than it has to be translated into German (manga one piece,fairy tail 100 years) umineko Not Really Common in Germany.But i have hopes that after sotsu maybe We have a follow Up of umineko that would be great
Sep 15, 2021 4:51 AM
Sep 2020
Im watching it as im a huge Higurashi fan. WILL be playing by the VN when I'm finished.
Sep 16, 2021 4:28 PM

Jan 2021
Don't watch uminkeo

Read the manga or the visual novel instead they are wayyy better
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Mar 2021
I've been reading the visual novel for the past few months and have really been enjoying it. I'm on the final chapter right now and I don't know how I'll cope when I'm done lol. I highly recommend it--if you've only watched the anime, you genuinely don't know the story. That said, I'm planning on breaking out the popcorn, calling up a friend, and binging the anime for shits and giggles once I'm done with the game.

I've actually never watched or read Higurashi though I'll certainly give it a shot once I'm done with Umineko.
Sep 24, 2021 12:52 PM

Jan 2019
No, I'm not suicidal. I wouldn't watch the anime even if it was the only trace of Umi content on the planet.
This "adaptation" is not even "so bad is good". Is just bad and lame at best.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 28, 2021 2:37 PM

Feb 2016
Soon, currently going through Higurashi but this on my list
Oct 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2019
Why even watch the anime when you can just read the VN. The best offer you currently have.

Oct 1, 2021 4:22 PM

Jun 2019
Finishing Sotsu yesterday and now having seen both of the new Higurashi seasons, Gou and Sotsu, through to fruition made me realize in retrospect that as heavily flawed as this anime is and that is something which was readily apparent and transparent even to a first time anime-only watcher who hasn't read the source material, I still ultimately ended up liking it better and would rather rewatch it in the future than Gou & Sotsu, which is just sad.

I don't think this series is all that bad compared to some other things - Certainly very rushed and a little disjointed, and I'm sure pales in comparison to the source material. But it has an interesting aesthetic, an obvious solid gold premise, and still somehow manages to be more entertaining and thought-provoking than a bad sequel to one of your favorite anime (Higurashi).

Oct 11, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2021
Excelente said:

I hear Higurashi fans really mad because recycle the same scene in Gou like Rika dance every timelines. That's why they rate Sotsu 1/10 🥴 I'm also Umineko fans and Higurashi fans. The truth is I really love some connection between Umineko, Ciconia and Higurashi better than INCOMPETENT Higu fans who
think Higurashi was standalone "When They Cry" ahaha.wav
Oct 27, 2021 3:59 AM
Dec 2012
It pains me that the Umineko anime is considered "old" now when I remember when it was first airing week to week. :(
Oct 27, 2021 4:02 AM
May 2018
Full_manga_Fan said:
Why even watch the anime when you can just read the VN. The best offer you currently have.
Because many people don't wanna involve themselves with source material.

Not to mention anime is visually more appealing.
Nov 10, 2021 7:14 AM
Jun 2017
I'm reading it in 2021, but watching? Umineko anime isn't faithful to the manga and visual novel. So I don't want to waste my time watching it and if you or anyone else is looking for advice, I'll say read the visual novel, or manga if you can't read the vn.
Nov 10, 2021 7:16 AM
Jun 2017
Psajdak said:
Full_manga_Fan said:
Because many people don't wanna involve themselves with source material.

Not to mention anime is visually more appealing.

I can see where you're coming from. But in case if you aren't aware, umineko anime is a very bad adaptation compared to the source material and the manga.
Nov 13, 2021 3:49 PM
Feb 2017
Alright, firstly, please do yourself a favour and either
a) read the visual novel first
b) forget that umineko ever existed and watch something else.
The anime simply isn't worth watching since it will spoil the entire series for you.
This is coming from someone who read the visual novel literally 6 months ago. I read the visual novel and after completing some portion, I watched the anime and read the manga to see their interpretation of the scenes portrayed in the vn. I have to say, the manga did a decent job while the anime fucked it up completely.
Small example - a scene that I took 3 hours to read in the visual novel, (very well executed scene btw), was done with within 10 minutes in the anime.

I thought of watching umineko's anime 3 years ago right after finishing higurashi, but stopped after learning how bad the anime was. Tbh, I assumed that the story itself was shit in comparision to higurashi back then, so I didn't bother watching it.
But, after 3 years, I thought of giving it a try since higurashi gou was airing, and guess what, it quickly became a series in my absolute top 3.
Nov 13, 2021 3:56 PM
Feb 2017
"Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?"

Spoilers
Never expected it to be the bomb of all things!
Emillian said:
No, I'm not suicidal. I wouldn't watch the anime even if it was the only trace of Umi content on the planet.
Nov 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Jan 2019
SadProtag said:
"Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?"

Spoilers
Never expected it to be the bomb of all things!
Emillian said:

Yup
That or
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Nov 16, 2021 7:34 AM
Jan 2021
Where do you watch this series?
Nov 16, 2021 8:16 AM
Mar 2021
Reading the VN for the first time👨‍💻

Easily Peak fiction
Nov 26, 2021 5:54 AM

Jan 2019
Stuart2003 said:
Where do you watch this series?

Sadly you don't "watch it". You either read the manga or the VN with the PS3 patch applied from 07th mod/download Umineko Project or forget about it. The anime is not even worth watching as "is so bad is good". Is just a sad and lame attempt at milking fans money
Nov 28, 2021 1:30 AM

Jun 2019
Artorias- said:
You think so? I just finished the first ep and I have a strong opinion about it. It's really bad compared to the VN, at least the first anime ep. You can read my previous reply here if you want to know more. I do agree with you that Gou is terrible though. However, if it weren't for Gou I probably wouldn't have watched the first Higurashi, so I have to be thankful for it for that.

After finishing the first Gou ep, it seemed interesting to me so I went straight to the first one because I wanted to know what would happen. I thought it was a "remake" so I didn't care at the time, and I'm glad I finished it before completing Gou because that would've been one of the worst mistakes I've made. I think I finished the first Higurashi season by the time the second Gou ep started airing. I'm not sure when I finished Kai but I stopped watching Gou after ep 8 or 9. I was like: "Okay, I think I've had enough of this."

Well, I don't doubt that it's "really bad" compared to the VN. Many things are bad compared to their source material, and this series is infamous for being such and a very rushed and botched adaptation. I did say that it was noticeably rushed, disjointed, probably paled in comparison to the source material, and I also rated it a 5/10, which is quite a poor rating for me considering I consider myself a pretty generous scorer who leans toward the higher range. I still enjoy it more than most, if not all, my other 5-rated series, considering the premise, setting, and resulting atmosphere itself is so damn compelling. Plus, on the audiovisual side, there are still some highlights like Higurashi seiyuus crossover, some good tracks in the OST, it being in the art style I prefer, etc.

And yes, the best and most useful purpose Gou served was attracting new people to the Higurashi series as a whole. It wasn't at all a suitable entry point as the false marketing deceptively and rather underhandedly portrayed, since it was a sequel rather than a remake even if it was presented in the form of a soft reboot of sorts. I didn't get into anime until 2016 and didn't discover and watch Higurashi until the spring of 2019, but many people - probably the majority of the overall viewership and the active part of the fanbase that comments on MAL alike - watched it in the mid-late 2000s when it was released or a few years after and they were around the age of being in either middle school or high school. A lot of people seem to only watch series that are released either that year or from within the past few years with a lot of buzz surrounding them, so most wouldn't have spontaneously started watching a random series from 2006.
Nov 30, 2021 5:33 AM

Oct 2019
No it's just plain garbage without the OP and music in it.

May 30, 2022 10:24 AM

May 2016
I'm watching it in 2022
Jun 4, 2022 12:45 PM

Aug 2020
Well, Gou was bait after all. At least Umineko had fair play in its mystery AND a sensible whydunit.
Keep scrolling
Jun 4, 2022 12:51 PM
May 2021
BobertkcussineP said:
Well, Gou was bait after all. At least Umineko had fair play in its mystery AND a sensible whydunit.
Hmm but i liked Gou and Sotsu. Things getting somewhat different and really good brutal moments + It was really unexpected to see Satoko as the main villain which was a shock and how she tricked everyone in different timeloops as shown in Sotsu was also interesting to watch
Jun 4, 2022 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
This is the worst adaptation and nobody should watch it at any point of time

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.