Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Should LotGH get a live-action adaptation?
Aug 29, 2019 2:32 AM

Nov 2018
Since Game of Thrones has finished (with a disappointing conclusion) there isn't really anything that can fill the shoes that the show has left behind.

However, I think LotGH is the next best thing that can be adapt into. This show has the combination of space battles of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica, with the political intrigue of Dune and Game of Thrones. Because political dramas are usually popular among TV viewers, this show would gain quite a bit of interest.

I also believe that the use and quality of CGI will be much better than what The New Thesis was able to use, and I think that a western style adaptation - made in the US (the characters in the anime were western/European-looking) with an English cast would be better than having a Japanese live-action adaptation

And unlike GoT, the source material (the novels) and the OVA/gaiden series are already finished, so they don't have to make up new stuff to finish off and ruin the show.

So do you think LotGH should get a live-action adaptation?
_cjessop19_Aug 31, 2019 4:28 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 29, 2019 5:11 PM

Jun 2019
By Doom, do you mean Dune?
Aug 30, 2019 4:54 PM
Jul 2013
You saw how HBO completely butchered game of thrones and you want the same people to adapt LotGH?
That's a really weird train of tough you have there mate. There was way more wrong with GoT than just needing to "make stuff up" and the bad directing/wrinting started to take it's tool on the show way before the eight season started and they need to create new material.
I ratter not have yet another reboot made to milk a classic out of it's soul.
shiro2000Aug 30, 2019 4:58 PM
Aug 30, 2019 4:57 PM

Mar 2018
Last three seasons of GoT were utter garbage. If they even so as touch LOGH, we riot.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 31, 2019 8:06 AM

Jun 2019
Luchse75 said:
Last three seasons of GoT were utter garbage. If they even so as touch LOGH, we riot.

Season 8 was atrocious at the writing level and I've never seen a television show of its caliber ever fall so hard so fast, but that isn't HBO's fault. It would be HBO's fault if they canceled the series, limited the number of seasons, or cut the budget (as they did to some series in the mid-2000s when they failed to perform ratings wise like the heavy hitters), but they did the opposite. They offered the show runners and writers anything they needed. They wanted more seasons and actively lobbied for this so everything wouldn't be condensed into a shallow cliff notes condensed near parody of itself, which the show became.

It was the show runner team that spurned this and flaunted their exclusive contractual rights to end the show early. HBO wanted at least ten seasons with more episodes in them and would probably have supported it going even longer than that. HBO had nothing to do with it and its hands were tied. I'm saying this all because in the past I'd be the first to crucify HBO for canceling shows prematurely out of short-sighted greed and ignorance. What's fair is fair though and in this case, the blame cannot be placed on them.
Aug 31, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Luchse75 said:

Season 8 was atrocious at the writing level and I've never seen a television show of its caliber ever fall so hard so fast, but that isn't HBO's fault. It would be HBO's fault if they canceled the series, limited the number of seasons, or cut the budget (as they did to some series in the mid-2000s when they failed to perform ratings wise like the heavy hitters), but they did the opposite. They offered the show runners and writers anything they needed. They wanted more seasons and actively lobbied for this so everything wouldn't be condensed into a shallow cliff notes condensed near parody of itself, which the show became.

It was the show runner team that spurned this and flaunted their exclusive contractual rights to end the show early. HBO wanted at least ten seasons with more episodes in them and would probably have supported it going even longer than that. HBO had nothing to do with it and its hands were tied. I'm saying this all because in the past I'd be the first to crucify HBO for canceling shows prematurely out of short-sighted greed and ignorance. What's fair is fair though and in this case, the blame cannot be placed on them.

You made a great point and i have to agree the writting was horrible at best. D&D ruined GoT. This actually changed my mind on the topic, but even if they do end up making a near perfect addaptation of logh people will hate on it in the same way they hated Die Neue These.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 1, 2019 8:16 PM

Nov 2018
Luchse75 said:
WatchTillTandava said:

You made a great point and i have to agree the writting was horrible at best. D&D ruined GoT. This actually changed my mind on the topic, but even if they do end up making a near perfect addaptation of logh people will hate on it in the same way they hated Die Neue These.

All the elitists will come out of their holes and shit on it if it gets an adaptation

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 2, 2019 5:37 AM

Mar 2018
_cjessop18_ said:
Luchse75 said:

All the elitists will come out of their holes and shit on it if it gets an adaptation

I'll be the first one to do it.

Oct 3, 2019 4:31 PM

Oct 2017
A live-action adaptation is completely unnecessary.
If we want more people to watch the show they should dub the OVA series.(even if some sound effects would be different due to some not able to be found)
Oct 3, 2019 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
I remember reading a news on ann about LotGH getting a actual live-action adaptation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.