Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 9, 2010 8:40 PM

Dec 2008
I feel like WOW deserves a mention in "hard games" for having some insanely hard raid fights. Back in the day, C'Thun was literally impossible until nerfed. Currently, Lich King 25 heroic is pretty damn serious business. (Lich King 10 normal is already a hard fight to scrubs like me.) I believe only one guild in the world has downed LK 25 hero to date.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 9, 2010 11:51 PM

Jul 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics after I accidentally overwrote my only save file at Riovannes Castle. X_x
Apr 10, 2010 6:49 PM

Apr 2010
Lol casuals..
BattleToads
And This isn't a gamestop joke, the game is seriously hard.
Apr 10, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
toy story for the sega genesis! Every few years i break the game out and i have yet to beat the damn thing

the hardest game i've beaten was probably finally fantasy 3, the first time i tried the last boss i got beaten so badly i went back and grinded my party for 20 hours before going back again at which point i beat it pretty easily

oh, spyro the dragon i couldn't figure out where something was for a few years and i finally got it

super smash brother melee it took me a long time to beat the events and all star mode. boss fight mode in ssbb is even harder
ChopstickApr 10, 2010 10:26 PM
Apr 10, 2010 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
krazy925 said:
Paperboy (NES) - had to stop slowly at each mailbox to make a paper in, and missed that half the time too... epic fail .... -__-

You didn't need to fit the paper on the mailbox, that was just extra bonus. If the paper landed on the front door that was enough.

Ghosts 'n Goblins. Yep, definitely.
Kojiro_SApr 10, 2010 10:35 PM
Ku ku ku~
Apr 10, 2010 10:37 PM
Mar 2009
I remember playing this old game echo the dolphin. That damn game used to give me headaches for whatever reason..
Apr 10, 2010 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Is Starcraft really that hard? Or is it normal for me cause I'm a Korean?
Apr 11, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
Gogetters said:
EVE Online
I just could not figure out wtf i had to do.

Eve's not for casuals. First things first, don't skip the tutorials. As for hardest game, meh it was pretty difficult, but it's what you make of it. I personally was an ass and raided miners, holding their lives ransom. When your talking about 2 years development, those pods are worth an awful lot. I woke up a morning after stealing from a bunch of miners and had 30 war-vessels awaiting my deployment.

Silverhammer said:
I feel like WOW deserves a mention in "hard games" for having some insanely hard raid fights. Back in the day, C'Thun was literally impossible until nerfed. Currently, Lich King 25 heroic is pretty damn serious business. (Lich King 10 normal is already a hard fight to scrubs like me.) I believe only one guild in the world has downed LK 25 hero to date.

Grinding + luck != difficult. It's just a waste of time. Especially now. With the LFD system and the mob nerfs, WoW is pathetic. I got a paladin to 60 in less than a day, would've gone further, but I couldn't justify another $25 + monthly fee for that crap.
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 11, 2010 10:29 AM

May 2007
Contra III for snes, played that game over and over for years before I beat it.
Apr 11, 2010 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
suashi said:
Final Fantasy Tactics.

This.
Apr 11, 2010 10:56 AM

Jan 2010
boomboomrama said:
Is Starcraft really that hard? Or is it normal for me cause I'm a Korean?

It's not hard if you're Korean like me.
Apr 11, 2010 11:51 AM

Oct 2009
http://theworldshardestgame.net/

No, but really, Ninja Gaiden 2.
Apr 11, 2010 3:48 PM

Dec 2008
chaunzaggaroth said:

Silverhammer said:

Grinding + luck != difficult. It's just a waste of time. Especially now. With the LFD system and the mob nerfs, WoW is pathetic. I got a paladin to 60 in less than a day, would've gone further, but I couldn't justify another $25 + monthly fee for that crap.

If you've never attempted a difficult raid with a group of people who know how to play, then you don't know what you're talking about, as you freely admit when you say you've never even got a max level character . "grinding + luck" can give you a pretty looking epic 80 toon, but it won't even get you accepted into a semi-decent raiding guild if you don't know how to play in a team and have a decent knowledge of your class mechanics and boss strategies.

If what you meant to say was that levelling and obtaining decent equipment is soporific and doesn't require any skill, then I would completely agree with you, but you shouldn't forget that Blizzard has always had some seriously hard endgame content available for the dedicated few. (I'm not one of them.)
fedaykinApr 11, 2010 3:55 PM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 11, 2010 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
Shinobi on PS2.

I mastered it, but it's still hard as shit for people who have never played.
Apr 11, 2010 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
DMC
Ninja Gaiden
FF Tactics
Apr 11, 2010 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
Fucking I wanna be the guy dude...
Apr 11, 2010 5:36 PM

Dec 2009
Its been decided by World Wide Gamers that the Most Difficult Game in Existence so Far in our world is "I Wanna Be The Guy".

if you post any other games its because you dont know what game im talking about.
if you still havent posted it as the most difficult one, i dare you to go and finish it at least in medium mode and then do the IMPOSSIBLE mode...

i repeat again:
I wanna be the guy
"Got it?this is what it means to kill things"
Apr 11, 2010 6:29 PM

Jan 2010
IWBTG isn't that hard if you know all the tricks and loopholes. You just need superhuman reflexes and a lot of patience.
Apr 11, 2010 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
LV69_Squirtle said:
IWBTG isn't that hard if you know all the tricks and loopholes. You just need superhuman reflexes and a lot of patience.

you said it, proving my point
"Super human reflexes ( spiderman?) lots of patience ( moses?)

+, >.> completing games with walkthroughs only is cheating
"Got it?this is what it means to kill things"
Apr 11, 2010 8:24 PM
Feb 2010
Probably not the hardest Game ever but Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was nearly impossible to beat WITH walkthroughs, not to mention that horrid dragon boss in the sky level.
Apr 11, 2010 10:22 PM

Apr 2010
Silverhammer said:
If you've never attempted a difficult raid with a group of people who know how to play, then you don't know what you're talking about, as you freely admit when you say you've never even got a max level character . "grinding + luck" can give you a pretty looking epic 80 toon, but it won't even get you accepted into a semi-decent raiding guild if you don't know how to play in a team and have a decent knowledge of your class mechanics and boss strategies.

If what you meant to say was that levelling and obtaining decent equipment is soporific and doesn't require any skill, then I would completely agree with you, but you shouldn't forget that Blizzard has always had some seriously hard endgame content available for the dedicated few. (I'm not one of them.)

Wotlk Raiding == baby mode... I raided back in vanilla. Molten core with 40 poorly geared people, coordinated through ventrillo, actually having to look at their monitor 10% of the time. Wotlk ruined the game completely. Anyone who plays now and isn't actively RPing is pressing two macros in succession while browsing the web and messaging their pals.

You can try to make it sound difficult, but you know exactly what you have to do to beat the boss, the only hard (aka boring) part is grinding smaller bosses to get the gear so you can kill the bigger boss.

Wow's difficult in three ways, all of which are primarily stress related:

incompetent players
nerfs
lack of art and models

Vanilla WoW was fun. It incorporated PvP, quests and gear that were rewarding (beyond that of stat whoring), some insight into the lore, and enjoyable PvE (not lol 10000 squirrels till Illidan). As always, Blizzard dumbed their game down for the masses... the best of which couldn't explain what the "dead zone" of their hunter is. Half of the new player base has yet to visit any of the 15-60 zones.

WoW is dead. If you're still playing it, remove the nostalgia goggles and move on.
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 11, 2010 10:50 PM

Dec 2008
chaunzaggaroth said:
[

Wotlk Raiding == baby mode... .
I take it you could easily down the Lich King in heroic mode then? Do you even have any vague clue about the fight? Paragon (the only guild in the world to have downed him in 25 HM) believe that it's the hardest boss encounter ever seen in WOW. Molten Core was soporific farming. Maybe you enjoyed MC and I'm sure people, especially those who aren't in a WOTLK raiding guild, will convince themselves that Vanilla WOW was better than WOTLK, but really what you said applies perfectly to Molten Core and not all to Icecrown Citadel in every respect.

At any rate, it is difficult to understand how you might be competent to judge the difficulty of Heroic Lich King.
Apr 11, 2010 11:38 PM

Apr 2010
Silverhammer said:
I take it you could easily down the Lich King in heroic mode then? Do you even have any vague clue about the fight? Paragon (the only guild in the world to have downed him in 25 HM) believe that it's the hardest boss encounter ever seen in WOW. Molten Core was soporific farming. Maybe you enjoyed MC and I'm sure people, especially those who aren't in a WOTLK raiding guild, will convince themselves that Vanilla WOW was better than WOTLK, but really what you said applies perfectly to Molten Core and not all to Icecrown Citadel in every respect.

At any rate, it is difficult to understand how you might be competent to judge the difficulty of Heroic Lich King.

Health (The Lich King)
17,400,000 (10 player normal)
61,300,000 (25 player normal)
29,500,000 (10 player heroic)
103,200,000 (25 player heroic)

Easily? Anyone could throw heals at whichever target is lowest on HP, taunt spam to maintain aggro, or casts one spell in repetition without pause. Of course, by the time 3k*25 == 1x10^8 ~ 22 minutes (not counting the damage mitigation) pass, I could have done something much more enjoyable. I don't pride myself upon wasting time and money in a mindless vidya game.

Difficult... no
Waste of valuable time... yes
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 12, 2010 2:52 AM

Apr 2010
Currently the hardest is a mix between the final boss in Kingdom Hearts and Persona PSP in general.
Apr 12, 2010 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
chaunzaggaroth said:

Health (The Lich King)

Easily? Anyone could throw heals at whichever target is lowest on HP, taunt spam to maintain aggro, or casts one spell in repetition without pause. Of course, by the time 3k*25 == 1x10^8 ~ 22 minutes (not counting the damage mitigation) pass, I could have done something much more enjoyable. I don't pride myself upon wasting time and money in a mindless vidya game.

Difficult... no
Waste of valuable time... yes

Nice post, just in case anyone might have thought you knew what you were talking about for a moment.
Apr 12, 2010 5:47 PM

Apr 2010
Silverhammer said:
Nice post, just in case anyone might have thought you knew what you were talking about for a moment.

I'm broken... *lets a tear fall*

Insults? If you've got nothing positive to contribute, refrain from responding.
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 12, 2010 6:51 PM

Dec 2008
I'm sorry, but it was difficult to know where to start. As you correctly pointed out, I did just suggest you had no clue what you were on about without going through your post point by point. Considering you don't even play the game, it seems a bit pointless but I will explain briefly then:

chaunzaggaroth said:

Health (The Lich King)

I don't think the hp of a boss has much to do with its difficulty. His hp values do mean that everyone needs to be precise with stacking up the plague in phase 1, and if anyone messes up, it won't be possible to kill him before he enrages.

Easily? Anyone could throw heals at whichever target is lowest on HP,
What are you talking about? There are innumerable sources of damage, adds, aoes, instant kill zones, including collapsing platforms and flying Valkyrs that pick up your raid members and throw them off the map.

taunt spam to maintain aggro,
Firstly, that's not how a tank maintains aggro. Secondly one tank can't tank the Lich King as he just gets killed by Soul Reaper. (You need to have a tank rotation with cooldowns.)

or casts one spell in repetition without pause.
Sure, apart from having lots of spells you need to cast. And needing to move when you get the plague in phase 1, a defile is targeted near you, the platform beneath your feet gets destroyed, you need to run after (or get grabbed by) a flying add, a kamikaze ghost is sent at you, or you're ported into another dimension to save the Lich King's father. Other than stuff like that, it's pretty much standing around.

Of course, by the time 3k*25 == 1x10^8 ~ 22 minutes (not counting the damage mitigation) pass,
Your google skills let you down here as he enrages after 15 mins, instantly killing everyone if the fight isn't over at this point.

I could have done something much more enjoyable. I don't pride myself upon wasting time and money in a mindless vidya game.
Well good for you, but we were talking about difficulty rather than enjoyment. Also, you have failed to put forward any accurate evidence that the game is "mindless".
I would suggest that this might be linked to the fact that you don't play the game and consequently aren't really competent to comment on it.
fedaykinApr 12, 2010 7:03 PM
Apr 12, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2010
Silverhammer said:
I most definitely don't play the game. And I didn't realize he has to be downed in 15 minutes (7 off). But, the point still stands. All you do, is what's written on a piece of paper. It's not difficult for someone to follows orders mindlessly.

Mindless: requiring little attention or thought; especially : not intellectually challenging or stimulating

Pressing 5 macros you found on [your favorite wow site here] and running in circles to dodge something you were informed about ahead of time =! difficult. Having to switch tanks every few minutes =! difficult. It's all planned out ahead of time. Everything required to defeat the boss could be done with a basic script.

Once again with the insults? Are you incapable of engaging in conversation without feeding that superiority complex?
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 12, 2010 7:31 PM

Dec 2008
chaunzaggaroth said:
But, the point still stands. All you do, is what's written on a piece of paper. It's not difficult for someone to follows orders mindlessly.
It would be a legitimate point to suggest that the fight is easier since it remains basically the same. It should be mentioned that the targets of necrotic plague, defile, harvest soul, vengeful spirits, vile spirits and the valkyr shadowguards (yes there is a lot going on in this complicated fight) are all completely random and consequently you need to improvise and communicate quickly in how you deal with them each time.

running in circles to dodge something you were informed about ahead of time =! difficult.
I take it you think the Touhou games are very easy then? After all, the boss patterns are the same each time. Presumably, I want to be the guy is easy because the traps are always the same and you deal with them the same way.

Having to switch tanks every few minutes =! difficult.
Not what I said. I simply corrected you. It can be a bit difficult though if you have 2 tanks, the soul reaper is cast, and the other tank gets carried away by a Valkyr or there's a black zone of death that pops up between him and the boss. How you deal with that (quickly) will depend on whether you die immediately or not.

It's all planned out ahead of time.
See above about randomness and improvisation. Also see Touhou and I want to be the guy.

Once again with the insults? Are you incapable of engaging in conversation without feeding that superiority complex?

I don't mean to be insulting when I say that if you don't play a game, it's difficult to claim expertise on how difficult it is. The phrase I used was "you don't know what you're talking about.", which I admit was perhaps a little frank.
Apr 12, 2010 8:05 PM

Apr 2010
Silverhammer said:
True Random does not exist. Those mobs that "randomly" spawn are predictable at worst. After running through the same thing a few dozen times, you should be able to improvise with ease. It's not as if these mobs are coming out of no where with differing combat abilities. They fight you the same way every time. You eventually realize a pattern and follow a set of actions that will eliminate the threat every time.

Never played Touhou/I want to be the guy.

As for not knowing what I'm talking about, you've done nothing to prove WoW raiding is intellectually demanding. You might be honest, but you're also wrong. Anyone who plays through the first 10 levels of WoW thinks more than an end game raider. At least they aren't repeating the same process for hours while listening to someone spew out orders.
Pugs are the best dogs
Apr 12, 2010 9:19 PM
Mar 2009
Ninja Gaiden, that was a tuff one for me.

I've never heard of i want to be the guy until now.
Apr 13, 2010 5:42 PM

Oct 2009
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade <---F that game in the A
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 2010 5:43 AM
Jun 2008
Demon's Souls (PS3) and Ninja Gaiden (XBOX)
Apr 14, 2010 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
Probably Contra III. I haven't had the patience to really get into it, though.

kellenvanhuis said:
I remember playing this old game echo the dolphin. That damn game used to give me headaches for whatever reason..
The last level is ridiculous. I know I couldn't have finished it without an emulator.

Apr 15, 2010 12:00 AM

Apr 2010
Ninja gaiden 2 ... but still i really liked the game.
Apr 15, 2010 12:12 AM

Mar 2009
Super ghouls and ghosts or ikaruga
ATS
Apr 16, 2010 2:19 AM

Jul 2007
Starcraft
Apr 16, 2010 2:40 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Ninja Gaiden ::::Period::::

The game is meant for sadists that love to DIE!! over and over again.
Apr 16, 2010 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
TheFallenOne said:
Ninja Gaiden::::Period::::

The game is meant for sadists that love to DIE!! over and over again.

Are you talking about the NES Ninja Gaiden games or the new series on the XBOX and PS3 consoles?

Personally I never found the new series to be that difficulty until I got to the harder difficulties (well, I found it pretty tough, for sure, but not sadistically hard), except for mission mode....especially when trying to get a gold medal in all of the missions in the XBOX360 version of NG2....that's just plane torture. =(

At any rate, I remember how sadistically hard I used to find the NES trilogy as a kid, but today....I still find it to be as sadistically hard as ever. Honestly, I love them to death, but I still truly suck at them. =P
Apr 16, 2010 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
Metro 2033 - Fighting the Librarians

CoD 4 on Veteran

only ones i can think of...
Apr 16, 2010 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
The original PC Engine CD version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

It's brutal and even worse than Castlevania III, the port if you can even call it a port on on the SNES is tamer and watered down than the PC Engine CD version. In both versions Dracula is beyond impossible to defeat even with the best of luck without cheats and the PC Engine CD version has no cheats.

Apr 16, 2010 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
pacman... shit was so hard!
Apr 16, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
Demon's souls
Apr 16, 2010 9:54 PM
Feb 2010
Probably anywhere between one of the Contra titles, Sonic The Hedgehog '06, or CoD: WaW on Veteran difficulty. I'm sure I forgot a few games though.
Apr 16, 2010 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
The worlds hardest game: http://www.addictinggames.com/theworldshardestgame.html

There's even a Version 2 ;)
Apr 22, 2010 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Ninja Gaiden, hands down
Apr 22, 2010 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
PAC MAN, i die second level LOL, space invaders die first level
Apr 24, 2010 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Demon Souls =.=
O tomodachi ni natekudasai ^w^
Apr 24, 2010 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
I Wanna Be the Guy. I don't think anything harder was ever made.

Trust me, IWBTG on easy is harder than Touhou on Lunatic.
Apr 27, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2009
I see that I'm not alone - 'I wanna be the guy' >_>
"I'm not small, I just live in a big world."
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

152 by Kajiuran »»
1 hour ago

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

7 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

11 by Fancyjasper »»
2 hours ago

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

8 by RyanOakes »»
3 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

44 by RyanOakes »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.