Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2009 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
I want to make a 1K list of Orks if possible

What I have :

[HQ]

- 2 Ork Warbosses (model with power klaw)

[Elite]

- 25 Ork Nobs (although I'm setting 5 aside to use as the nobz in the regular mobs , all armed with Choppa and Slugga , but will prob convert to big choppa and slugga)

- 15 Ork Kommandos (I'm in the process of painting some boyz in dessert camo colours and making them ghillie suits , 14 Choppa/Sluggas , 1 Big Shoota which will be played as a flamer till I buy the figure)

[Troops]

- (at least) 80 ork boyz , all choppas/sluggas except 3 big shootas

[fast]

- 15 Deffkoptas with twin-linked rokkits

[heavy]

- noting as of yet but looking to buy killa kanz sooner or later and to borrow (or 'loot') a tank off my mate who plays Space Marines.

any suggestions welcome ^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 8, 2010 10:37 PM

May 2008
Can't remember their type at this time (heavy or elite), but Lootas would be good. Effectively d3 autocannon shots multiplied by the number of orks in the mob can be devastating.

Especially when considering what is coming for Tyranids in less than two weeks. Zoanthropes with a S10 AP1 Lance shooting attack. Best to try and overwhelm their (rumored) 3+ Invulnerable with quantity of shots.

And yes, I know orks are lousy shots. But with a possible 45 autocannon shots, odds are about 10 will be wounding hits.

That, and make sure your boyz have a nob with a claw in the mix, and consider painboyz for your nobs for that nice Feel No Pain and option for cybork body with a 5+ Invulnerable.

Added: Okay, got to peruse the new Tyranid book early Saturday, and Zoanthropes have a 5+ armor, 3+ invulnerable save. So much more disgusting than before. Carnifexes not so much, and a lot more expensive.
SpellBinderJan 9, 2010 11:30 PM

Jun 15, 2010 4:31 PM

Feb 2005
My biggest problem with the Lootas are the skimpy boxes. Sure, i get a set of Burnas as well, but there's only 5 boyz in it, and I'd need far more than 5 to make a viable group of Deffgun Lootas.

But I've been stocking up on bits and bobs lately and I thought I might build a group of flash gits just for the conversion, and while I have no intention of fielding those wastes of points anytime soon, they should be able to double as deffgun lootas if I convert them properly enough from the start.

Too bad I don't ever seem to finish my army, I just keep buying more and more stuff to convert, from WWI tanks to Gundam models, when I've still got 60+ boys, 20+ nobz, deffkoptaz, Kans, bikes, dreads etcetc waiting on their sprues ;__;
Jun 15, 2010 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
yeah , Lootas are good but not worth the money. At £15 for 5 Boyz which can easily get picked off by template fire as any other boyz.

I don't know if anyone else has tried painboyz but they seem to work wonders for me.

Jun 15, 2010 10:08 PM

Jun 2010
I have never played orks before...but i am thinking of making an army after my Space marines and i am stuck on what to get next...i already have a squad of 10 SM and I am thinking of getting a dreadnaught but after that i got no idea...

any suggestions would be helpful thank you...
Jun 16, 2010 8:50 AM

Dec 2009
If you plan on getting orcs after your Space Marine army, you should consider buying the Battle for Black Reach box, it contains about 500 points of both Orcs and Space marines. Its also pretty cheap compared to what you would have to pay for if you get them seperate
Jun 16, 2010 10:52 AM

Feb 2005
Skare said:
If you plan on getting orcs after your Space Marine army, you should consider buying the Battle for Black Reach box, it contains about 500 points of both Orcs and Space marines. Its also pretty cheap compared to what you would have to pay for if you get them seperate
And if you're going to play both anyways and don't mind the relatively cheap design of the AoBR units, you could always get two of them.
Or do like me and get one for yourself and then get another to split with someone else.
TJK said:
I don't know if anyone else has tried painboyz but they seem to work wonders for me.
I got one the other day for my heavy armour cybork nob squad. Iim definitely looking forward to those feel no pain saves.

Oh and another tip (probably obvious one though) for Ork players; buy WFB Black Orcs. They do wonders as 'eavy armoured ladz, and if you want them to be nobz, all you need is a bit of greenstuff to make their legs longer and then add in the some sluggas and 40k gubbins from the Nob box.
The best part is you get ten of them for roughly the same price as you'd get five Nobs for.

And if you're not afraid of spending sprees, these guys have some awesome, distinctly German/Prussian Ork heads and bodies. Soviet goblins too in case you want some variation to your gretchins.
Jun 16, 2010 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
Skare said:

i have actualy thought hard on getting that but i could never get my self to buy it cause i just dont like the models it comes with but i am just weird like that
very picky about bulk items...
Jun 16, 2010 2:44 PM

Feb 2005
Well, if you want to play Orks, you'll need lots of boyz so even if you don't particularly like how they look, I'd still get them if I were you.
And if not, there's always the Battleforces, or the Ork Spearhead box or whatever it was called, if you can find it somewhere, both should be a lot cheaper than buying the individual stuff.
Jun 16, 2010 9:21 PM

Jun 2010
i guess you are right...it is a good idea...i just dont like the choppers and the leaders but i guess i can deal...thank you for the help
Aug 8, 2010 4:02 PM

Feb 2010
Try getting some Trukk's or Battlewagons. Maybe some DeffKopters

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» WH40K Gallery

SpellBinder - Dec 11, 2009

1 by Baman »»
Jun 15, 2010 4:39 PM

» WH40k Apocalypse

izikiel - Sep 14, 2007

3 by izikiel »»
Feb 19, 2009 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.