Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 4:05 PM

Apr 2019
I would like to raise the issue of poor health of mangakas and how people, knowing about it, are still rude, ungrateful and even cruel.Insulting them, wishing them not to write anything else, etc. Recently, Gege informed fans that he was hospitalized in June due to appendix surgery. It was then that there was a 3 or 4 week break that changed and spoiled his schedule a lot.And at that time he published a chapter of probably 9 pages. It was one of the longer breaks, and we know that there were more shorter ones, sooner or later.
In any case, I want to talk about the problem, that a lot of people accuse authors of laziness, insult them and take their frustrations out on the endings of manga, and no one put themselves in the author's shoes.
You can complain about the endings of the manga, but put yourself in their shoes. In addition to burnout, there is also the destruction of one's own health, and shounen Jump does not take pity on anyone. You have a deadline, so you have to finish it even if you are in hospital. There's a reason so many Shonen titles suffer from the same problems. If someone done any writing before you know that lots of things only occur to you after you get the whole story in front of you and then you start checking it for missed opportunities.

I will quote a certain Reddit user: ''Muira died, Togashi's back is crippled, Oda had heart attacks, Kubo's shoulder is crippled, Inoue left Vagabond on hiatus.

The manga industry might be the only industry where even the major successful players are treated like hell.
Can you really blame Hori, Gotuge and Gege leaving immediately after getting the bag when they have first hand witnessed what happened to their idols before them?''

Is it so hard to be a little more understanding? After all, these stories are the authors', not ours, and they are the ones who end them however they want.

To avoid being so depressing, I'll share a piece of information from Gege that Uraume is originally a boy.xD
Jollyne7Oct 2, 4:09 PM
Oct 2, 7:35 PM

Apr 2024
this is the internet, where forming a mob is easy, and mob mentality doesn't allow much room for empathy. Even worse is that Japan's default work culture is that of overwork, it's not limited to mangaka. Animators, game developers, even just paper-pushers work needless amounts of hours and cause themselves serious health issues. I'm not going to pretend I know the cultural context for this, at least not entirely. But there are layers upon layers of problems that result in the early deaths of the creators of such beloved works.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Oct 2, 7:38 PM
May 2021
Rather than the manga industry in general, it’s mostly WSJ in these cases. Other magazines allow frequent breaks even for authors that aren’t the biggest hits creators. I mean, just look at WSM, the 2nd biggest manga magazine, the newest serials took break even before 10 chapters released. Also, plenty of mangaka do well enough, some even for multiple decades. Biggest example out there probably is Rumiko Takahashi, she’s been releasing weekly series since the 70s up to this day so how the authors work and their practices is a big factor too.
Oct 2, 8:24 PM
Nov 2023
I'm not the biggest fan ever of jjk but if the author of my favourite manga has big health issue, i really hope they can put their work on hiatus and focus on improving their health condition. I think true fans will hope the author can be in their best shape both physically and mentally when they are cooking up a piece because only then can they bring us a great manga to discuss about.
And about the ungrateful reader issue, this is a problem that has been there for the longest time u can imagine, people just hide behind a screen and talk absolute shit about anything they want and we sadly can't do anything about it. imo this is the jjk fandom so it is mostly expected from them (no offense)
I know the ending is controversial and all rushed but i know Gege did everything he can to finish what he started despite his health. After all, i just really wish Gege and all the mangakas out there the best and look forward to what they can bring in the future.
Oct 2, 8:31 PM
Sep 2018
Wash your mouth when you're done as that one-eyed cat bum ain't gonna fuck you no matter how relentlessly you give that bum a blow, lol. Bad writing and a generic happy ending enabler, shameless. If said author doesn't one to get criticized, then don't write, point blank.
Oct 2, 8:35 PM
Jan 2023
This thread was really insightful and educational, at least until that last guy posted
Oct 2, 8:36 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Nugi97
Wash your mouth when you're done as that one-eyed cat bum ain't gonna fuck you no matter how relentlessly you give that bum a blow, lol. Bad writing and a generic happy ending enabler, shameless. If said author doesn't one to get criticized, then don't write, point blank.
@Nugi97 Let's hear you talk about Fujimoto again
Oct 2, 8:40 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Dumb
@Nugi97 Let's hear you talk about Fujimoto again
@Dumb let's see:
1. He's a great writer than that mediocre bum, in fact, he's the best writer in new-gen
2. He never missed and always hit ever since his debut
3. Fire Punch, Chainsaw Man, Look Back, and Goodbye Eri. His CV says everything about his writing, such a prodigy among mediocrity of Shonen
4. CSM Part 1 ending was by far one of the best ever written, and might I remind you, almost 98% of its casts were dead, yet Fujimoto still made it peak
5. He's not a bum, fraud, mediocre, or cowardly writer
Oct 2, 8:50 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Nugi97
@Dumb let's see:
1. He's a great writer than that mediocre bum, in fact, he's the best writer in new-gen
3. Fire Punch, Chainsaw Man, Look Back, and Goodbye Eri. His CV says everything about his writing, such a prodigy among mediocrity of Shonen
4. CSM Part 1 ending was by far one of the best ever written, and might I remind you, almost 98% of its casts were dead, yet Fujimoto still made it peak
@Nugi97 If OP is glazing Gege then you’re doing tricks on Fujimoto
Oct 2, 8:52 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Dumb
@Nugi97 If OP is glazing Gege then you’re doing tricks on Fujimoto
@Dumb all those excuses just to gas up that fraud and his awfully subpar writing, even to the point make a health problem as an excuse when others still delivered, pathetic
Oct 2, 9:01 PM
Aug 2021
Nugi97 said:

crazy how the OP Is talking about a real Life problem and Just mention gege but you Always find the way to talk about Fujimoto, you should stop using the internet and Just go outside
Oct 2, 9:03 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to SuntProstMare
Nugi97 said:

crazy how the OP Is talking about a real Life problem and Just mention gege but you Always find the way to talk about Fujimoto, you should stop using the internet and Just go outside
@SuntProstMare the fact that I don't lie to myself like all of you bozos on which is bad and good is one the reason I'm more sensible to real world than any of you fakers. What toxic positivity does to a motherfucker, smh, such an utter woke nonsense, lol
Oct 2, 9:27 PM
Aug 2021
Nugi97 said:
@SuntProstMare the fact that I don't lie to myself like all of you bozos on which is bad and good is one the reason I'm more sensible to real world than any of you fakers. What toxic positivity does to a motherfucker, smh, such an utter woke nonsense, lol

bad and good on what? writing? did you read the thread or Just commented bcs the the Is GEGE, we are talking about a problem that EVERY mangaka suffers, some less some more. we aint talking about gege and the manga, Just their health, you are such an evil person
Oct 2, 9:34 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to SuntProstMare
Nugi97 said:

bad and good on what? writing? did you read the thread or Just commented bcs the the Is GEGE, we are talking about a problem that EVERY mangaka suffers, some less some more. we aint talking about gege and the manga, Just their health, you are such an evil person
@SuntProstMare OP makes health problem as an excuse so that bum's awful writing would look less apparent, yet there are several authors with health problems yet still delivered. Take Ruri Dragon's author for example, he took hiatus for a year because he knew his limit, it he kept on writing with that problem, it'd surely affected his writing, but that bum and his glazers on the other hand, always excuses, pathetic. If that's not called toxic positivity, then I don't know what is, smh
Oct 2, 9:41 PM
Jul 2024
The fact that you don’t even get what this post is about says a lot about ur understanding ability. The OP isnt even talking about gege’s writing, or even Gege in general. He’s talking about Mangakas as a whole, including ur favourite Fujimoto-san who you love to glaze daily. Please never post on a jjk forum again, no one wants you on these forums.
someguyOct 2, 9:46 PM
Oct 2, 9:49 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to someguy
The fact that you don’t even get what this post is about says a lot about ur understanding ability. The OP isnt even talking about gege’s writing, or even Gege in general. He’s talking about Mangakas as a whole, including ur favourite Fujimoto-san who you love to glaze daily. Please never post on a jjk forum again, no one wants you on these forums.
@someguy he makes health problem as an excuse for the mid and awful ending, bozo, learn to see the toxic positivity of your people
Oct 2, 10:01 PM
Aug 2021
Nugi97 said:
@SuntProstMare OP makes health problem as an excuse so that bum's awful writing would look less apparent, yet there are several authors with health problems yet still delivered. Take Ruri Dragon's author for example, he took hiatus for a year because he knew his limit, it he kept on writing with that problem, it'd surely affected his writing, but that bum and his glazers on the other hand, always excuses, pathetic. If that's not called toxic positivity, then I don't know what is, smh

crazy how he/She extanded the hiatus multiple times, First in 2022 and then 2023 and now, Winter season 2024 the mangaka comes back. Isnt that hints on how the treatment was, or are you turning your head. ppl cant Always ask for hiatus, maybe bcs the dont give them, every 2 weeks Gege would have gone on hiatus for a week, that wasnt still enough for his health, but in an interview he talked about how he cant have more hiatus bcs of shounen manga. even Fujimoto talked about the issues with the industry.
Oct 2, 10:01 PM
Jul 2024
Nugi97 said:
@someguy he makes health problem as an excuse for the mid and awful ending, bozo, learn to see the toxic positivity of your people

First of all, do not associate me with the jjk fandom, I literally skipped a whole arc in the manga. Second of all, he also says that the author will end it the way he wants. Yes, Gege is not a good writer, the ending of jjk wasn’t good. But you can express your opinions in a more kinder way, can’t you? You don’t have to shit on absolutely everyone who has opinions that differ from yours. After all, anime/manga is a medium of entertainment, and entertainment is subjective, like how you think insulting ppl without thinking twice is entertaining, I do not find it as such. Just saying, you can put your thoughts into better words. Whether you want to listen to me is up to you, but I will say it helps to make ppl take ur opinion more srsly.
Oct 2, 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
gege got appendix surgery when he was on long hiatus i heard so ye he got health problems
Oct 2, 10:32 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to SuntProstMare
Nugi97 said:

crazy how he/She extanded the hiatus multiple times, First in 2022 and then 2023 and now, Winter season 2024 the mangaka comes back. Isnt that hints on how the treatment was, or are you turning your head. ppl cant Always ask for hiatus, maybe bcs the dont give them, every 2 weeks Gege would have gone on hiatus for a week, that wasnt still enough for his health, but in an interview he talked about how he cant have more hiatus bcs of shounen manga. even Fujimoto talked about the issues with the industry.
@SuntProstMare doesn't change the fact that JJK's ending is awfully horrible mid for a manga with a self-proclaimed dArK and "JjK iSn'T lIkE aNy OthEr ShOnen" tags, lol. Fujimoto managed to end CSM Part 1 perfectly, yet not once has his readers ever made an excuses about health problem, all these yapping just to excuse a bum, fraud, mediocre, and cowardly writer, embarrassing
Oct 2, 10:33 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to someguy
Nugi97 said:

First of all, do not associate me with the jjk fandom, I literally skipped a whole arc in the manga. Second of all, he also says that the author will end it the way he wants. Yes, Gege is not a good writer, the ending of jjk wasn’t good. But you can express your opinions in a more kinder way, can’t you? You don’t have to shit on absolutely everyone who has opinions that differ from yours. After all, anime/manga is a medium of entertainment, and entertainment is subjective, like how you think insulting ppl without thinking twice is entertaining, I do not find it as such. Just saying, you can put your thoughts into better words. Whether you want to listen to me is up to you, but I will say it helps to make ppl take ur opinion more srsly.
@someguy zip your mouth if you're just skimmed the whole story, you filthy casual
Oct 2, 10:36 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to deg
gege got appendix surgery when he was on long hiatus i heard so ye he got health problems
@deg irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that that one-eyed cat is a bum and a mediocre writer
Oct 2, 10:54 PM
Jul 2024
Nugi97 said:
@someguy zip your mouth if you're just skimmed the whole story, you filthy casual

no. (Character limit)
Oct 2, 11:36 PM
Jul 2023
someguy said:

first off, he started off by talking about Gege's health, sure the main topic is about all magakas in general but the sub-topic is about JJK itself

be understandable instead of finding wrong in everything you see
Oct 2, 11:50 PM
Jul 2024
SweatyFingers said:
someguy said:

first off, he started off by talking about Gege's health, sure the main topic is about all magakas in general but the sub-topic is about JJK itself

The person finding wrong in everything is the csm glazer. I agree that I messed up the topic, but I rly don’t like the way this guy speaks. After all, he did call me rude things, and this isn’t the first time he’s done this. I don’t mean to harm anyone, pls do not misunderstand, I am only angry at him because of the insulting language he is using, not because he has an opinion different from mine. His opinion is actually quite valid. But try finding one post of his on this forum where he isn’t saying smth mean abt someone or jjk. (Also mine and ur tastes match a bit, cool!)
someguyOct 3, 12:19 AM
Oct 3, 4:00 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to Nugi97
@Nugi97 Seeing your comments, I see that there is no point in talking to you. If you don't like Jjk so much, what are you even doing here? Are you obsessed with this series? Go read Chainsaw Man and don't insult other people. My post was mainly about people like you. It's a pity that, as we can see from your attitude, it didn't help. Your immature way of writing shows that you are either a kid or you have an unpleasant personality and love to provoke people.
Oct 3, 4:02 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to TheChainsawMan
Rather than the manga industry in general, it’s mostly WSJ in these cases. Other magazines allow frequent breaks even for authors that aren’t the biggest hits creators. I mean, just look at WSM, the 2nd biggest manga magazine, the newest serials took break even before 10 chapters released. Also, plenty of mangaka do well enough, some even for multiple decades. Biggest example out there probably is Rumiko Takahashi, she’s been releasing weekly series since the 70s up to this day so how the authors work and their practices is a big factor too.
@TheChainsawMan It's sad that even though so many artists have health problems and everyone knows about it, WSJ does not help with this problem in any way. They only add stress
Oct 3, 4:14 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Jollyne7
@Nugi97 Seeing your comments, I see that there is no point in talking to you. If you don't like Jjk so much, what are you even doing here? Are you obsessed with this series? Go read Chainsaw Man and don't insult other people. My post was mainly about people like you. It's a pity that, as we can see from your attitude, it didn't help. Your immature way of writing shows that you are either a kid or you have an unpleasant personality and love to provoke people.
@Jollyne7 what toxic positivity does to a motherfucker, lol. If it's bad, then say the truth, don't be a faker just because you like it, and most of all, don't twist and make health problem as the excuse for the dogshit ending of JJK, that's just pathetic, even for a hardcore glazer, smh
Oct 3, 4:53 AM
Jul 2024
Jollyne7 said:

Leave him, the poor guy can’t comprehend simple English. He only listens to what he likes to hear, if he sees anything he doesn’t like he ignores it and still replies and spams the same insult 5 times. Literally no one here said that the ending is good, we all agree that it’s bad, but he just doesn’t seem to understand that. I will say tho, the health problem as an excuse part is quite valid, the ending wasn’t bad because he wasn’t feeling well.
someguyOct 3, 5:05 AM
Oct 3, 5:09 AM
Jul 2024
Nugi97 said:
@Jollyne7 what toxic positivity does to a motherfucker, lol. If it's bad, then say the truth, don't be a faker just because you like it, and most of all, don't twist and make health problem as the excuse for the dogshit ending of JJK, that's just pathetic, even for a hardcore glazer, smh

You know what, I think you kinda like it here lol. You feel at home and comfy in the jjk forums, chatting away with the “filthy casuals”. You see a jjk forum and you can’t help but post on it, because you just looooooooooove Gege Akutami and Jujutsu Kaisen, don’t you? It’s ok, we all do, well, some of us kinda have a thing against Gege after what he did, but we kinda just let that slide. Feel free to visit this fandom anytime you want, I’m sure you’re enjoying your stay!😊😊😊
Oct 4, 5:56 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Nugi97
@Dumb let's see:
@Nugi97 Blood all you do is consume shounen slop. Any visual novel clears your shitty kids series. Dandandan does the wackiness of fujimoto better and has more endearing chars. IMO there is not a single shounen that you can is written well. Shounen is made to just turn your brain off and enjoy the wildness
Oct 4, 7:51 AM

Oct 2020
A bad Writing is a Bad Writing. I had been concerned about the author's health when she/he started taking breaks after every alternate chapter. I understand the complications and uncertainties, but that doesn't change the fact the ending sucked. It was all messed up, the last 20-30 chapters. Honestly.
Well understandable, Gege ain't Kishibe Rohan. 🤷🏻‍♀️
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Yesterday, 3:13 PM
Dec 2023
Nugi97 said:
@Dumb all those excuses just to gas up that fraud and his awfully subpar writing, even to the point make a health problem as an excuse when others still delivered, pathetic

What do you think of the fact I got 100 upvotes for making fun of you in a Reddit post on MAL?
Yesterday, 3:15 PM
Dec 2023
someguy said:
SweatyFingers said:

The person finding wrong in everything is the csm glazer. I agree that I messed up the topic, but I rly don’t like the way this guy speaks. After all, he did call me rude things, and this isn’t the first time he’s done this. I don’t mean to harm anyone, pls do not misunderstand, I am only angry at him because of the insulting language he is using, not because he has an opinion different from mine. His opinion is actually quite valid. But try finding one post of his on this forum where he isn’t saying smth mean abt someone or jjk. (Also mine and ur tastes match a bit, cool!)

Dude you’re cool. I think we should team up to attack this man and get him off this website
Yesterday, 3:30 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to TommyTheWeeb139
Nugi97 said:

What do you think of the fact I got 100 upvotes for making fun of you in a Reddit post on MAL?
@TommyTheWeeb139 what kind of threat is that? Lol. The fact that you can't handle the truth says everything about you. Wash your mouth when you're done
Yesterday, 3:38 PM

Aug 2019
I realize that the manga industry is very demanding, but that's no excuse for authors to get sloppy and allow the quality of their work to drop. If Gege really needed a break for health reasons or just exhaustion in general, I'm sure he could've worked something out. Togashi goes on hiatus for years ffs, so I'm sure Gege could've worked out a different schedule to release chapters at his own pace to minimize "burnout".
Yesterday, 3:50 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Early_Morning
I realize that the manga industry is very demanding, but that's no excuse for authors to get sloppy and allow the quality of their work to drop. If Gege really needed a break for health reasons or just exhaustion in general, I'm sure he could've worked something out. Togashi goes on hiatus for years ffs, so I'm sure Gege could've worked out a different schedule to release chapters at his own pace to minimize "burnout".
@Early_Morning for the record, WSJ wouldn't cut off JJK easily as it's their main asset after MHA just ended last month previously, so the excuse on WSJ demanded that one-eyed cat bum to end JJK asap is just a blatant lie from that fraud and mediocre writer's glazers so the awfully mid ending would've less apparent, such a shameless thing to do, smh. A bad writing is a bad writing, there's no excuse of it, it's all on the author's fault, don't force yourself to pretend it's good, what toxic positivity does to a mf, lol
10 hours ago
Jul 2024
Why r u still here, perhaps my theory of u being a tsundere was true after all lol.
10 hours ago
Jul 2024
TommyTheWeeb139 said:
someguy said:

Dude you’re cool. I think we should team up to attack this man and get him off this website

Hehe, after all, I am THE someguy on the internet! But let’s leave this guy, he would be depressed after he doesn’t have a website to glaze Fujimoto san and shit on jjk lol. Oh wait sry, he’s a tsundere, secretly loves jjk but hates on it to hide his feelings 🤭🤭.
9 hours ago

Mar 2019
I had no idea such a brainrot fujimoto worshipper exists. This would otherwise be a somewhat okay thread if it weren't for him.

Still, what do you expect from wsj? This isn't the first time and won't be the last. I am unsatisfied with the ending. But i won't hurl insults at him. I simply don't like how he handles his character. At first i truly believe yuji will become someone who surpass gojo. With time and training on his hands he will be able to do that. But what does gege do? Make him suffer and make gojo the only key to solve most if not every problem in the story. He made gojo too perfect and made yuji suffer too much. He clearly doesn't hide his hate for gojo. And gojo will remain one of his failure on his works.

Health issues is something that comes years after writing jjk. As this is the first work that wsj pick up from him. He took the chance just like any other aspiring mangaka would. But he clearly did not see such a big expectations coming at him. He underestimated the heavy burden that's weighing him down and it eventually came back to bite at him. I could be wrong but charles bernard from start to finish is clearly his way of talking directly to the readers. And you'd know that he realized that he is flawed as a mangaka. Regardless of his health issues, he still took the chance and failed. No need for pity, i just respect him. Sure, i am not satisfied with the ending. But you gotta give him credit where credit is due. He may have failed but in the end he still made a name for himself.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Sep 26

194 by canineXD »»
8 hours ago

» Gege is an artistic genius

Dumb - Sep 30

24 by Early_Morning »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» Once chapter left to end this...

Nugi97 - Sep 20

21 by squeekeez »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 264 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Jul 24

82 by ReaperCreeper »»
Oct 4, 10:24 PM

» I like it

someguy - Sep 29

33 by someguy »»
Oct 4, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.