Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 6:56 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Fall 2024 First Impressions Thread
I'm back with another First Impressions Thread for Fall 2024 which is still my favorite season of anime with my birthday(turning 36 this year) right around the corner. After another lackluster Summer season of anime, Fall 2024 is once again stacked with a lot of good anime like last year. This season is littered with more sequels to popular series along with some new titles that might end up as hidden gems of the season. Here's what anime I'm going to be watching this season.

Uzumaki

Trillion Game

Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? V

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online II

Blue Lock 2nd Season 

How I Attended an All-Guy's Mixer

Ranma ½ (2024)

Yakuza Fiancé: Raise wa Tanin ga Ii

Demon Lord 2099

Ao no Miburo

Honestly, I feel like there is more anime being released this season compared to Fall 2023. There are some anime I set aside for English dub releases such as Blue Box, Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Disturbance, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Conflict, and Dragon Ball Daima. One thing I know for sure is that the anime industry is pushing for Dandadan to be successful as is has a huge western release on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix. I haven't decided if I wanted to sub or dub for Dandadan yet. What anime are you watching this season to cap off 2024? Feel free to share you first impressions in this thread.

AddaeAkono3 hours ago
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 2, 7:08 PM

Mar 2021
Uzumaki
A return to classic horror, very nice. I like the black and white aesthetic, and wow the horror bits are graphic—the mangaka clearly has a thing for human anatomy. :P

Dandadan
I wouldn't expect paranormal, sci-fi, and romance to mesh well together but this anime makes it work! While I saw the reveal coming, the mindblown effect was still funny. ^^

Scissor Seven S5
I know there's a movie coming out, but I was hoping this would still be a proper sequel... instead it looks like we'll be getting a collection of flashbacks like Ranking of Kings. It still looks like it'll be a fun season tho, and the bit with that guy trying to guess Seven's age was pretty funny. :)

Negative Positive Angler
All I knew about this anime going in was that a college guy in debt (what else is new) takes up fishing. It'd be a fun premise if the comedy wasn't so forced—the debt collectors are more annoying than Team Rocket. So far, that pink-haired fisherman, or "angler," is carrying this anime. :/

PTW:
Another Journey to the West
About the Movement of the Earth
Shangri-La Frontier
Demon Lord 2099
ApocalypSnow8 hours ago
Oct 2, 10:11 PM

Aug 2014
gonna be watching pretty much everything but so far i started:

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season
As always, Re:Zero starts out with a bang. I feel like they've done these 1 hour episodes for 1st ep almost every season now, and honestly i don't mind it if it helps them to create the content they are satisfied with. cliffed though, looking forward the next ep :)

Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku
Watched this at a pre-screening at Anime Matsuri, and honestly its just ur usual isekai. the beginning scenario reminds me quite a bit of kumo desu ga, nani ka, or arifureta. its quite an overused idea, and i wish theyd stop having 20 of these every season.

Mecha-ude
Also a pre-screening at Anime Matsuri; they showed the first 2 eps back to back. It looked quite Trigger/Gainax inspired like they had inspiration from shows such as Gurren Lagann. I believe the OVA of this started out as a young animator's project, and this is a huge step forward from that. The idea itself though, seemed a little silly to me, but maybe that's just me.

Saikyou no Shien-shoku "Wajutsushi" Dearu Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru
Having an isekai where the mc has the weakest ability isn't that uncommon either, which makes me want to see less of this, and may also make me unmotivated to watch this. i doubt ill come out of this giving this higher than a 5, but that's a common occurence. it's just generic, and 1st ep we just saw some boring fight scenes.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 3, 3:38 AM
Apr 2024
List of anime, I intend to watch:

- Trillion Game;

- Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms;

- Ranma ½ (2024);

- Yakuza Fiancé: Raise wa Tanin ga Ii;

- Demon Lord 2099.
Oct 3, 4:56 AM

Jul 2017
Saving my spot for shows already premiered:

Murai no Koi / Murai in Love

Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku / Loner Life in Another World

Maou-sama, Retry! R / Demon Lord, Retry! R

Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru / As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World (Season 2)
Nageki no Bourei wa Intai shitai / Let This Grieving Soul Retire

Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru / The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan

Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni Naru zo / I'll Become a Villainess Who Goes Down in History
Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi / Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Shuugeki-hen / Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Attack Arc (Season 3, 1st Split-Cour)
Acro Trip
KamiErabi GOD.app
Oct 3, 1:35 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Trillion Game
This was a good two episode premiere. I heard about the live action version of the Trillion Game on Netflix, so I was surprised that it was also getting an anime. The fact that the story is done by the same person who did Dr. Stone make a lot of sense as Haru is similar to Senku except Haru is guy that know how to talk which makes him a good bullshit/con artist. Gaku on the other had is the smart guy with communications issues due to social anxiety. His situation is very relatable to me as the guy who is good at computers, but can never land a good job. Gaku decides to team up with Haru in his Trillion Dollar game, but needs some serious start up money to build their business. They eventually land an eager investor in Kirika who is the super hot daughter of the President who owns Dragon Bank thanks to some clever bluffing.

I have a feeling that this will be a hidden gem that would be overlooked as we continue to see how Gaku and Haru build their business together.

Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms
Not bad as far as the first episode is concerned in terms establishing plot points and introducing characters. Although this feels like an anime studio Trigger would make so I got a kick out of it when they mention the "Trigger Arm". Of course Aki would show up at Hikaru's school in order to get the Trigger Arm. Let's see how they would get along.

Oct 3, 6:25 PM
May 2021
Yo! First time poster!

I'm toning back the number of anime I'm watching this season after Summer turned into a bit of a slog. There are currently 16 on my watchlist, but I inevitably end up dropping one or two in the first few weeks.

These are the anime I plan to watch this season:

-Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister
-I'll Become a Villainess Who Goes Down in History
-Acro Trip
-Dandadan
-Blue Box
-Negative Positive Angler
-365 Days to the Wedding
-How I Attended an All-Guy's Mixer
-Magilumiere: Magical Girls Inc.
-Uzumaki
-Ranma 1/2
-You Are Ms. Servant
-TsumaSho
-Let This Grieving Soul Retire

Uzumaki was light on plot but heavy on presentation. I did have to turn away at one point, but I won't spoil the fun(?). Let This Grieving Soul Retire, my seasonal non-isekai isekai, makes slacking look easy, I'll Become a Villainess looks... fine, as does Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister. What can I say - I'm a sucker for harem antics.

Acro Trip made me laugh, 365 Days to the Wedding is cute and wholesome, and Negative Positive Angler... I don't know what to expect. Anime originals can start strong and end with a million question marks, but I'm down for the ride. The camerawork in Blue Box blew me away, and Dandadan's mix of bombastic visuals and supernatural insanity looks like it'll steal the season.

Here's to another good season of anime!
~cournz
Yesterday, 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
Happy early birthday! I’ll be turning 36 soon as well!

This is what I plan to watch:

Dan da Dan
School-live
Hunter x hunter (yes I know, I’m way behind)
Blue box
Sengoku youko
That time I got reincarnated as a slime (catching up)
Haikyu! (Catching up)

Yesterday, 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
Thursday set

Kinoko Inu
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka V: Houjou no Megami-hen
NegaPosi Angler
Kekkon suru tte, Hontou desu ka
Ao no Hako
Dandadan
Mecha-Ude
Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan- Kyoto Douran
TRILLION GAME
Sayonara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei
Yesterday, 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
Friday set

Kabushikigaisha Magi-Lumière
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online II
Mahoutsukai ni Narenakatta Onnanoko no Hanashi.
Tohai - Ura Rate Mahjong Tohai Roku
3 hours ago
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Uzumaki
Finally, after five year of waiting through various delays. Junji Itou's Uzumaki has finally been adapted into an anime and so far its just as scary as is advertised. It seems like an episodic anime that ties into the main plot of the small town loosing itself to the spirals starting with Sunichi's father being obsessed with spirals and ended up dying to become one. Production I.G. as one of the producers made sure the studios took their time to adapt Junji's work properly and it looked like it paid off this time.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » !~~Summer 2024 Anime of the Season Finals~~!

Hibbington - Oct 1

41 by 54bubbles »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Sticky: » Fall 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Sep 12

26 by UniqueOtaku101 »»
Oct 2, 7:03 PM

Sticky: » !~~Summer 2024 Character of the Season Finals~~!

Hibbington - Sep 30

44 by ThunderLight »»
Oct 1, 10:07 PM

Sticky: » Anime Guild Awards Point Tracking Thread 2024

Hibbington - May 5

17 by TheFlyingOrange »»
Oct 1, 10:41 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1357 by Hibbington »»
Sep 29, 3:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.