Forum Settings
Forums
New
4 hours ago

Dec 2021
Happy Tues', MALy folk!

Today, as always, I was admiring my furry furend as he groomed his fur. As he licked his paw I couldn't help but notice that he looked cuter than he did the day before (this thought seems to run through my mind everyday). He simply looked adorable flopped on my bed licking himself! That got me a wonderin', though, could some cat poses be cuter than others? And do the people of MAL have a favfurite cat pose themselves?

I've got a few examples of the many world renowned poses that cats like to take, but feel free to suggest other poses I may not have mentioned (there's a gazillion of them!)

The Purrima Donna - Cats are the best, and they know it. In the Purrima Donna position, a cat sits on all fours and looks up at you (or down at you if you are in your proper place) making sure everyone knows how majestic they look. It is also a position they furequently take up when they are expecting something from you.

The Boisterous Belly - Cats have extraordinarily soft and cuddly tummies, and they get to show it off in this position! The BB is the pose where cats simply roll on to their back and let you gaze upon their fluffiness! For larger cats, the military has shown that their bellies are large enough to land a plane on in an emergency if necessary, though there are no records of this ever being needed.

The Loaf - If you ignore love, pets, food, sleep, the sun, and playing, then a cats' favfurite thing is certainly bread! Cats acknowledge the wonders of bread in The Loaf pose by mimicking a loaf of bread. They do since by sitting down and hiding their paws.

The Loaf (Underside) - It had long been rumored that the part of cats you couldn't see was just as adorable as the part you could. Finally, in 2023, researchers proved such a rumor true when they looked at a cat in The Loaf from underneath a glass table. One of the researchers actually passed out momentarily from how cute the cat looked!

The Yoga Stretch - Cats love to keep themselves limber by stretching. Stretching helps them purr louder and with more gusto, as well as helps keep the sheen on their furry coats of furry fur. The Yoga Stretch is purrhaps one of the best known stretches a cat makes, and it's no surpurrise given just how endearing they come across in such a pose.

Edit: I wanted to add a poll, but my furry boy startled me and I accidentally submitted the post before creating it. Now I don't seem to have the ability to make one.
4 hours ago

Jan 2009
the loaf gets my vote it seems very comfortable position too for the cat
4 hours ago

Jul 2021
10/10 thread, they should teach this in schools.
My favorite pose is whenever a cat is on it's hind legs either using it's front legs for support or being held. My favorite video on Youtube is this one where the cat just gives up on getting out of the tub and assumes this melancholic pose: https://youtu.be/tHqYvT7yS68?si=fhF8TKm1uGZcbkHR&t=43
3 hours ago

May 2013
Loaf for sure.

Whenever I see a cat loaf I am sure to take time to review it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
10 minutes ago

Jul 2024
I wanna pet a cat and I don't know what's my favorite because I don't have a pet cat..
But I think cats are very cute in every pose.
10 minutes ago

Nov 2022
i love how dignified and confident my two cats look when hitting that first pose.
ultrasonic sound coming out your speaker / the force is electric / your sound

More topics from this board

Poll: » how do you differentiate arrogance, confidence and courage?

deg - Today

12 by RainyEvenings »»
55 seconds ago

» How did you choose your username and how is it pronounced? ( 1 2 )

Deactivated112 - Feb 19, 2021

75 by xfwm4 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » what do you remember more is it good memories or bad memories?

deg - 12 hours ago

18 by RainyEvenings »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » modern life is more stressful?

deg - 11 hours ago

22 by RainyEvenings »»
6 minutes ago

» Small Victories

Nette - 5 hours ago

11 by RainyEvenings »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.