Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Yesterday, 2:57 AM
Feb 2024
4chan is certainly an imageboard, but that name is a bit of a catchall and isn't quite doing it justice: When I think of an imageboard I think of Danbooru.
I would sum it up as a real time ephemeral anonymous chat and image forum, even despite generals and archives doing away with that unique charm.

Jukemania said:
It's one of the worst sites ever made, because it's full of toxicity and people being mean to one another!
The toxicity is a problem on some boards more than others. Too much of it can create a bit of a death spiral of demoralization; a pit of demons even. These need to be reigned in by just outright nuking entire generals that promote it the worst or even boards.
As for people being mean, get a thicker skin. Even on anonymous imageboards people are rarely mean for no reason at all. Reflect on how and what you posted.

RainyEvenings said:
It's better than anilist.. Lol and you can frame it on the wall of X

I see 4chan posts of all years reposted almost daily. I don't think I have ever seen an Anilist post in the wild; because almost all discussion there is vapid and airy; it's just not real.

BigBoyAdvance said:
4chan would be a great place if 12 year olds weren't allowed to post there.
Give people a mask and they'll tell you what they really think.

This is one of that website's greatest strengths: Unapologetic realism and honesty; criticism without regards for status games or vanity. It would be truly valuable were the commentary not often through the lens of deeply unwell people lacking life experience who force themselves as a vocal majority; that being in my opinion the most crippling tradeoff.

I compare this with reddit where they have plenty of experts from all walks of life but, should that expert be actually wrong on a certain point and you try and correct them, it's their account and all its weight of popularity against your own. On reddit posts are not treated blindly equal as they would be on 4chan by the design of the board software. This in addition to the known problem of AI bots poisoning discussion and perceptions; this too is a problem for 4chan as made famous by Seychelles spammer a few years back, but it's a more concerning problem for Reddit than 4chan.

DesuMaiden said:
4chan is an FBI honeypot anyways. LoL you didn't already realize that?

As opposed to what exactly? Discussing things on a private Minecraft Server via written books hidden through chests on the map? All large websites bend the knee or they get shut down; simple as.

Ciuvaz said:
But it's the only place left, on the internet, where you can insult someone and not get banned.

You can be banned or more likely warned, sometimes for stuff that would fly on X even lately. Depends on the board and board culture.
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Feb 2020
Ok. As you wish. No more 4chan for me.
Yesterday, 3:28 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Reply to windsofgold
4chan is certainly an imageboard, but that name is a bit of a catchall and isn't quite doing it justice: When I think of an imageboard I think of Danbooru.
I would sum it up as a real time ephemeral anonymous chat and image forum, even despite generals and archives doing away with that unique charm.

Jukemania said:
It's one of the worst sites ever made, because it's full of toxicity and people being mean to one another!
The toxicity is a problem on some boards more than others. Too much of it can create a bit of a death spiral of demoralization; a pit of demons even. These need to be reigned in by just outright nuking entire generals that promote it the worst or even boards.
As for people being mean, get a thicker skin. Even on anonymous imageboards people are rarely mean for no reason at all. Reflect on how and what you posted.

RainyEvenings said:
It's better than anilist.. Lol and you can frame it on the wall of X

I see 4chan posts of all years reposted almost daily. I don't think I have ever seen an Anilist post in the wild; because almost all discussion there is vapid and airy; it's just not real.

BigBoyAdvance said:
4chan would be a great place if 12 year olds weren't allowed to post there.
Give people a mask and they'll tell you what they really think.

This is one of that website's greatest strengths: Unapologetic realism and honesty; criticism without regards for status games or vanity. It would be truly valuable were the commentary not often through the lens of deeply unwell people lacking life experience who force themselves as a vocal majority; that being in my opinion the most crippling tradeoff.

I compare this with reddit where they have plenty of experts from all walks of life but, should that expert be actually wrong on a certain point and you try and correct them, it's their account and all its weight of popularity against your own. On reddit posts are not treated blindly equal as they would be on 4chan by the design of the board software. This in addition to the known problem of AI bots poisoning discussion and perceptions; this too is a problem for 4chan as made famous by Seychelles spammer a few years back, but it's a more concerning problem for Reddit than 4chan.

DesuMaiden said:
4chan is an FBI honeypot anyways. LoL you didn't already realize that?

As opposed to what exactly? Discussing things on a private Minecraft Server via written books hidden through chests on the map? All large websites bend the knee or they get shut down; simple as.

Ciuvaz said:
But it's the only place left, on the internet, where you can insult someone and not get banned.

You can be banned or more likely warned, sometimes for stuff that would fly on X even lately. Depends on the board and board culture.
@windsofgold ... He knows for the drug dealership MC server... Affirmative, extermination. Roger.

Yesterday, 3:28 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
TBH 4chan isn't really worthwhile. I only visit that place when I'm on the shitter or if I'm waiting 5-10min for my food to be ready. Usually only browsing the loli threads too tbh.
Yesterday, 3:44 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to EmiliaHoarfrost
@windsofgold ... He knows for the drug dealership MC server... Affirmative, extermination. Roger.
@EmiliaHoarfrost

was thinking more of this.
Yesterday, 4:05 AM

May 2013
Consider it done, I never even use 4chan. Never really had tbh, but of course I've posted there a few times.

Anonymous posting doesn't really appeal to me. However all offenses aside 4chan does have some resources worth accessing. Their /a anime recommendations were actually pretty good.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to traed
@Tropisch
Wait what…? That was a thing?
@traed It was back in 2016, some terror group linked to the Taliban posted pics of themselves training (propaganda) and a 4chan board found their location using Google maps and satellite (by using the surrounding power lines and buildings as a marker) and eventually found the precise coordinates, with them somehow getting a hold of a guy who had close ties with the Russians in the area. Gave him the coordinates so he could give to the Russians, resulting in them coincidentally bombing the camp in the days after. The 4chan grandma one was some guy who played Pokemon at his grandma's funeral, and posted ghost types along with the pics of his dead grandma...
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
5 hours ago

Oct 2023
Glowies are everywhere, as soon as you have a connection to the internet, you have several agents working for the government spying on you with the help of large corporations collecting your data. Ever If the operating system and internet browser is configured to be private such as tails or tor the government has a back door into them because the government hides their large grasp on the internet. Look who keeps the monopoly of google running, it's not the citizens of the United States!
"I'm going to use my power to create a world where billions and billions of people will live and be able to experience the wonders of being alive!" - Le Demiurge
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» auditory hallucinations

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by paintpixie »»
34 minutes ago

» Trying to find Hentai, but dont remember title

ChrisM72 - 7 hours ago

1 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» Why do they keep adding stupid animals, what happened to the cool animals?

Commit_Crime - Sep 15

26 by xMizu_ »»
3 hours ago

» The piano song I teach to my 7 years old student (Piece: How far I'll go,.Moana)

philtecturophy - Sep 15

8 by philtecturophy »»
4 hours ago

» Any former posters from the Crunchyroll Comment Section make it over here?

Trivia-man-Frank - Sep 14

6 by Yuno »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.