Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 1:08 PM

Nov 2020
Ok, Misaki is the best girl. I don't know what to say about this episode, the plot is interesting but something is still not right for me...I don't know
Aug 29, 6:21 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit man the robots coming out the hospital is horrifying
Aug 29, 6:37 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Ba-Cii10
Ok, Misaki is the best girl. I don't know what to say about this episode, the plot is interesting but something is still not right for me...I don't know
@Ba-Cii10 Yep. Most, if not all, Hayamin's characters are best girls, including this show.
Aug 30, 7:31 AM
Jan 2020
Ok so it definitively confirm that this anime is trash and doesn't make any sense.
There is no logic for Skynet to send a terminator back in time if Kokoro also turn on humanity and destroy them, it is doing the exact thing Skynet want to do just differently, instead of instantly blowing up everyone with nuke it send NN1 army, people who said it doesn't kill people wihout weapon or hostile behavior, my ass, it kill a whole hospital and innocent in the street and i doubt every single human showed hostile behavior toward the NN1 to "justify" the action.
The only logical scenario were this story worked was if Kokoro didn't turn on humanity, skynet send a terminator back in time to stop Malcom, why? Because he create a AI Kokoro, ally of humanity, that was able to fight/beat skynet.
Therefore future people send Eiko to protect Malcom and allow him to finish Kokoro.
However if Kokoro turn on humanity that doesn't make any f sense, what the point of the anime?
I could understand the logic of Skynet to send a terminator in the past anyway to destroy Kokoro even if Kokoro turn on humanity, because that would be a logical choice of a AI to eliminate a potential threat and eliminate a X factor, even if they want the same thing a AI doesn't like taking risk.
Instead of this Skynet send a terminator to control it? What for? Skynet destroyed humanity by itself, it's doesn't need to control anything, that doesn't make sense a AI would rather get rid of that X factor definitively rather than taking the risk to "control" it.

Not even speaking about Eiko motivation, what the point of sending her in the past from the future? Kokoro could not exist it wouldn't change shit, Skynet will still be here and the world still destroyed.
With Kokoro turning on humanity that whole story is pointless.

Oh yeah last thing, how the hell did Skynet knew of the existence of Kokoro in the first place? Can we speak about that huge time paradox?
No because in the original terminator Skynet send a terminator to kill Sarah Connor because John Connor was a huge pain in his ass in the original timeline, it didn't send it because they magically knew that in the past something was up, they send it because it had a interest to do it in his present timeline, get rid of John Connor at the source, Sarah Connor, before she give birth to him.

There is no reason for the existence of Kokoro in a original timeline since she was created to fight it after the end of humanity, the original Malcom die like everyone else from the nuke bomb wihout knowing anything it was showed at the beginning, how did Malcom of this other timeline knew about skynet i don't know but the only logical explanation is that he got back in time meaning it is already on a alternate timeline and the first time Kokoro is ever created, Skynet shouldn't have any data on it and shouldn't know what is coming because Kokoro didn't exist in the original timeline.
LeeChang239Aug 30, 8:12 AM
Aug 30, 8:44 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to LeeChang239
Ok so it definitively confirm that this anime is trash and doesn't make any sense.
There is no logic for Skynet to send a terminator back in time if Kokoro also turn on humanity and destroy them, it is doing the exact thing Skynet want to do just differently, instead of instantly blowing up everyone with nuke it send NN1 army, people who said it doesn't kill people wihout weapon or hostile behavior, my ass, it kill a whole hospital and innocent in the street and i doubt every single human showed hostile behavior toward the NN1 to "justify" the action.
The only logical scenario were this story worked was if Kokoro didn't turn on humanity, skynet send a terminator back in time to stop Malcom, why? Because he create a AI Kokoro, ally of humanity, that was able to fight/beat skynet.
Therefore future people send Eiko to protect Malcom and allow him to finish Kokoro.
However if Kokoro turn on humanity that doesn't make any f sense, what the point of the anime?
I could understand the logic of Skynet to send a terminator in the past anyway to destroy Kokoro even if Kokoro turn on humanity, because that would be a logical choice of a AI to eliminate a potential threat and eliminate a X factor, even if they want the same thing a AI doesn't like taking risk.
Instead of this Skynet send a terminator to control it? What for? Skynet destroyed humanity by itself, it's doesn't need to control anything, that doesn't make sense a AI would rather get rid of that X factor definitively rather than taking the risk to "control" it.

Not even speaking about Eiko motivation, what the point of sending her in the past from the future? Kokoro could not exist it wouldn't change shit, Skynet will still be here and the world still destroyed.
With Kokoro turning on humanity that whole story is pointless.

Oh yeah last thing, how the hell did Skynet knew of the existence of Kokoro in the first place? Can we speak about that huge time paradox?
No because in the original terminator Skynet send a terminator to kill Sarah Connor because John Connor was a huge pain in his ass in the original timeline, it didn't send it because they magically knew that in the past something was up, they send it because it had a interest to do it in his present timeline, get rid of John Connor at the source, Sarah Connor, before she give birth to him.

There is no reason for the existence of Kokoro in a original timeline since she was created to fight it after the end of humanity, the original Malcom die like everyone else from the nuke bomb wihout knowing anything it was showed at the beginning, how did Malcom of this other timeline knew about skynet i don't know but the only logical explanation is that he got back in time meaning it is already on a alternate timeline and the first time Kokoro is ever created, Skynet shouldn't have any data on it and shouldn't know what is coming because Kokoro didn't exist in the original timeline.
@LeeChang239

Pretty sure both AIs are selfish and want to kill each other. Humans are the lesser threat to them. Kokoro thinks humans might help with destroying Skynet, while Skynet wanted Kokoro either destroyed or for Kokoro to become his slave.
So Kokoro turning on humanity is fine for Skynet, Kokoro destroying Skynet is a problem, hence the terminator.

The way timetravel works in this is whenever you travel back in time you create a new timeline and things can change there. It's a non-deterministic model. The way the show made it seem is that on a different timeline, to which Eiko happened to arrive in OR maybe she created it by time-travelling and in this different timeline Kokoro exists.
How Skynet knew isn't explained, but could possibly be explained with some bullshit science that doesn't currently exist, like ran simulations to determine how other timelines may be, etc..
For Eiko, they sent her back because they had the data from Skynet during that fight at the start of episode 1 and they saw the mission the terminator had. This part is shown.

how did Malcom of this other timeline knew about skynet

He dreamed about it, it's pretty bullshit, I agree weak explanation. This myth makes it at least a little amusing: "According to a Hollywood myth, the original Terminator came to James Cameron in a dream. By that I mean, Cameron once said he came down with a fever in the 80s and imagined a killer chrome skeleton-bot" (source: https://www.vice.com/en/article/we-asked-a-physicist-how-time-travel-in-the-iterminatori-movies-works-721/ first few lines)

Edit: This was the information/understanding at the time of this episode, but future episodes may improve on those aspects.
watsym5 hours ago
Aug 30, 11:34 AM
Oct 2021
I love love love me some good robot horror so im so glad the series is actually leaning into this aspect instead of just replaying the first couple terminator movies, which is what i was worried it would do right off the bat
Yesterday, 9:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kokoro took the Japan Control!!!
Well, we know the mission, Kokoro and Skynet should not coexist!!!
kekeke
4 hours ago
Aug 2023
Oh no's...that Japanese AI who comes off as untrustworthy turns out to be untrustworthy when when brought online, I'm shocked...shocked I tells you!

So Eiko doesn't let the girl grab a gun because she thinks those Japanese Killer-bots won't kill you if you're not armed...uh, didn't it just kill some doctor in the hospital and is going after all the people on the streets?

Yeah, maybe those soldiers firing from a vehicle should have close the hatch and been firing from the inside? Like those killer-bots don't seem to have a chance if they can't get to you. However those killer-bots should have been able to take out the Terminator with such shear numbers. At most it only have like 8 shots of the shotgun, and those killer-bots seem to have super strength also. Heck if Eiko was able to overpower the Terminator and throw him down an elevator shaft, these killer-bots shouldn't have a problem.

The Japanese AI was questioning humanity's right to survive because it did war and wants to use her as a weapon, before it came online...then after it came online, she said she going to do war and use the humans as her weapon. Hypocrite much?

All around kind of dumb again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terminator 0 Episode 8 Discussion

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 29

6 by Garrett_Dark »»
27 minutes ago

» Which canon does this Terminator Zero follows?

ariel_nugie - Aug 29

5 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Terminator 0 Episode 7 Discussion

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 29

2 by Garrett_Dark »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Terminator 0 Episode 6 Discussion

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 29

2 by Garrett_Dark »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Terminator 0 Episode 1 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Aug 29

19 by Biisoo »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.