Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 3:35 PM
Jul 2023
This anime gives me feel of kaguya sama love is war in a way that how chaotic things happen in both anime and slice of life also the comedy elements, for me kaguya sama is a different league anime when i watched 1st season of that anime i know this is going to be something special and A-1 pictures proved by making the every new season special and new also the animation quality just keeps improving soundtracks and everything also the characters were so good which is similar to this anime, i know kaguya has a very good source material as a manga but A-1 pictures cooked that series and i m still waiting for 4th season and now this anime has something which is similar to kaguya yet something different than other rom com they both stand very high for me now i hope it will get same treatment like kaguya sama
Aug 19, 4:22 PM
Jul 2024
Kaguya is substantially funnier, but this is a more (and well done) traditional rom-com with a equally great variety of characters. I am really enjoying it. This season of anime has some really strong romance entries. Between the direction in Days with my Step-Sister, the voice acting in Gigi Harem, the art and writing of Alya, and this fun cast of characters, the romantic eating is good.
Aug 19, 7:33 PM
Feb 2018
Hi, I disagree with everything. Have a good day.
Aug 19, 7:41 PM
Apr 2024
It's nowhere near that anime
Aug 19, 7:52 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to texasdes
It's nowhere near that anime
@texasdes i know ,kaguya sama is peak for me in rom com but i just stated the similarities i felt, i dont want to compare these two shows because one has 3 seasons and other just 6 episodes, i just wanted to say that this remindes me of happy moments when i watched kaguya sama
Aug 19, 7:54 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to FreedomKME
@FreedomKME oh it's fine if you disagree with it i just wanted to say that this anime remind me a little of kaguya sama even though kaguya sama is best for me till date
Aug 19, 11:27 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to KWilke
Kaguya is substantially funnier, but this is a more (and well done) traditional rom-com with a equally great variety of characters. I am really enjoying it. This season of anime has some really strong romance entries. Between the direction in Days with my Step-Sister, the voice acting in Gigi Harem, the art and writing of Alya, and this fun cast of characters, the romantic eating is good.
@KWilke Thank God for not waging the stupid romcom war! Indeed, this season we're eating well with all the different romcoms, each with their own quality. Let's enjoy!
Aug 20, 12:30 AM
Jul 2024
IzayoiSk said:
@KWilke Thank God for not waging the stupid romcom war! Indeed, this season we're eating well with all the different romcoms, each with their own quality. Let's enjoy!

Yeah, I don't see the point in arguing. Art is subjective. And I know anime rom-coms are weirdly the only rom-coms I like... Haha. I have my personal favorite but I would never fault someone for someone liking another more. What would be the point. Enjoy what makes you happy. And let others enjoy what makes them happy.
Aug 20, 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
In which side did you think that kaguya sama and this has some connections??
Or even similarities .. ?
It's just same studios but animation quality, character design's every thing just surprass kaguya sama easily ...
Even The author of Makeine has stated that the light novel focus isn't even romance ..
Kaguya sama is good but overrated as hell ...

Aru_Kun07Aug 20, 1:34 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 20, 2:25 AM
Jul 2024
The only big similarities for me is just the variety of characters (not one to one, but just a big and clear set of personalities) and the lit club becoming something akin to the student council. Otherwise much different in feel.
Aug 20, 6:42 AM
Mar 2022
They are the same team. Most of the production team has done kaguya sama before, especially the feel of ep2.
Aug 20, 8:09 AM
Jun 2020
It's time for controversy: I am actually liking this show more than Kaguya-sama.
Aug 20, 8:15 AM
Jul 2023
FreedomKME said:

Hi, i hate you. Have a good day.
Aug 20, 8:25 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Polvo_Aranha
It's time for controversy: I am actually liking this show more than Kaguya-sama.
@Polvo_Aranha ohh for now i m also liking this show very much but i can't say more than kaguya sama because only 6 episodes are released so far so it's a little early to say also kaguya sama has 3 seasons and raised the bar too high for me but let's see if this show also gets a 2nd season who knows what might happen
Aug 20, 8:26 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to SweatyFingers
FreedomKME said:

Hi, i hate you. Have a good day.
@SweatyFingers lol 😂
Aug 20, 8:44 AM
Jul 2024
Polvo_Aranha said:

A hot take indeed... 😂
Aug 20, 9:36 AM
Jun 2020
Just an explanation on why I think this show is better than Kaguya-sama: unfortunately, Kaguya-sama isn't well-balanced. We get chapters that are either pure comedy or pure drama. It is rare that we get both comedy and drama in the same chapter.

Meanwhile, in Makeine, we always get episodes that go from comedy to drama and vice-versa. Makeine is a real roller coaster, while Kaguya-sama is always do or die.
Polvo_AranhaAug 20, 10:06 AM
Aug 20, 9:40 AM

Sep 2016
Makeine and Kaguya-sama are almost nothing alike.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 20, 12:56 PM
Jul 2021
A-1 rarely misses
Aug 20, 1:56 PM
Dec 2022
Anshul_003 said:
This anime gives me feel of kaguya sama love is war in a way that how chaotic things happen in both anime and slice of life also the comedy elements, for me kaguya sama is a different league anime when i watched 1st season of that anime i know this is going to be something special and A-1 pictures proved by making the every new season special and new also the animation quality just keeps improving soundtracks and everything also the characters were so good which is similar to this anime, i know kaguya has a very good source material as a manga but A-1 pictures cooked that series and i m still waiting for 4th season and now this anime has something which is similar to kaguya yet something different than other rom com they both stand very high for me now i hope it will get same treatment like kaguya sama

It’s ok op I get what you’re saying people just want to make it into a war between the 2 but it’s obvious that one is significantly more developed because it has 3 seasons and a movie. I remember watching Kaguya-sama for the first time and enjoying every second of it, but also noticing how each season got better as the show went on and the studio made it into its own. Even if the shows aren’t as similar as some others I still get similar feelings of enjoyment watching it. We still got half a season left and I’m sure if they take it further then we can see it get even better. I’m sure people were saying similar things when Kaguya-sama first came out. People take things so personally just let people enjoy things damn
Aug 20, 2:29 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to NickGrim
Anshul_003 said:

It’s ok op I get what you’re saying people just want to make it into a war between the 2 but it’s obvious that one is significantly more developed because it has 3 seasons and a movie. I remember watching Kaguya-sama for the first time and enjoying every second of it, but also noticing how each season got better as the show went on and the studio made it into its own. Even if the shows aren’t as similar as some others I still get similar feelings of enjoyment watching it. We still got half a season left and I’m sure if they take it further then we can see it get even better. I’m sure people were saying similar things when Kaguya-sama first came out. People take things so personally just let people enjoy things damn
@NickGrim finally someone who understood what i wanted to say i have watched kaguya sama 4 times because it was so funny and good and this anime just give me those vibes which i felt watching that also you are right that how kaguya developed each season for good and became a masterpiece (atleast for me)
Aug 20, 2:38 PM
Dec 2022
@Anshul_003 I think people forget these shows are made by real people, each with their own artistic and narrative intent, not just for your own personal enjoyment. You can praise shows without disparaging others
Aug 20, 2:50 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to NickGrim
@Anshul_003 I think people forget these shows are made by real people, each with their own artistic and narrative intent, not just for your own personal enjoyment. You can praise shows without disparaging others
@NickGrim absolutely true
Yesterday, 1:25 AM

Apr 2021
Apart from INCREDIBLY charismatic characters Kaguya doesn't really have a lot going for it to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong though it's my top 1 rom-com so far, and yet Makeine feels so... creative. Kaguya season 1 was very well balanced, by season 2 it tipped a lot to the dramatic side and season 3 had very little pure comedy. This show, although it's only been 7 episodes, manages to keep them going together so well. Shoutaro Kitamura's (series director debut) direction is extremely good, and the art direction under Yuuki Hatakeyama along with the DoP Yohei Miyawaki are feeding us some delicious backgrounds. Tetsuya Kawakami's character designs are just pure bliss for the eyes.
And I guess it just connects better for most people considering how the plot is structured.
Yesterday, 6:44 AM
Nov 2016
Cooked ? God, i hate 2020's kiddos slang.

Mid mid, peak, peak, goat, goat.
Yesterday, 11:21 AM
Sep 2019
kaguya sama love is mid got nothing on this masterpiece
8 hours ago
Nov 2019
Reply to CreepHazard
Apart from INCREDIBLY charismatic characters Kaguya doesn't really have a lot going for it to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong though it's my top 1 rom-com so far, and yet Makeine feels so... creative. Kaguya season 1 was very well balanced, by season 2 it tipped a lot to the dramatic side and season 3 had very little pure comedy. This show, although it's only been 7 episodes, manages to keep them going together so well. Shoutaro Kitamura's (series director debut) direction is extremely good, and the art direction under Yuuki Hatakeyama along with the DoP Yohei Miyawaki are feeding us some delicious backgrounds. Tetsuya Kawakami's character designs are just pure bliss for the eyes.
And I guess it just connects better for most people considering how the plot is structured.
@CreepHazard Miyawaki not responsible for BG though. It is outsourced to Kusanagi.
5 hours ago

Apr 2021
Blue_Reaper7 said:
@CreepHazard Miyawaki not responsible for BG though. It is outsourced to Kusanagi.

I see, nevertheless the backgrounds really have life sewn into them
1 hour ago

Feb 2015
generic flavor of the season #521 makes me remember of generic flavor of the season #378

More topics from this board

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17

105 by Akaseaka »»
1 hour ago

» Nukumisu and anna

Anshul_003 - Aug 14

18 by TypicalWeeb047 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10

132 by kirA_-_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

132 by levibigass »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 27

125 by Zorpanur »»
Aug 20, 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.