Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2:05 PM
Jul 2019
I've been looking at the fake titles that showed up on the top board of the novel site in episode 5, and I've figured out No.6 (86), No.7 (Working!), No.10 (Kaguya-sama), No.11 (Persona), and No.12 (WotaKoi). They're all shows that have been animated by A-1, so I'm assuming the rest are as well, but I can't figure out what shows (or manga?) they're referencing. No.8 is the one Komari submitted, so I assume that one isn't referencing any specific series.

Do you know what No.4 (Keiyaku wo Kuchibiru ni), No.5 (Silent Tonic), and No.9 (Violet Operation) are referencing?

EDIT: No.9 Violet Operation is referencing Vividred Operation

Herman97Aug 11, 4:14 AM
Aug 10, 2:12 PM
Jun 2023
pretty sure Violet operation is supposed to be Violet Evergarden
Aug 10, 2:37 PM
Oct 2021
Maybe it’s a silent voice? I’m not sure, I was wondering the same thing!
Aug 10, 3:11 PM
Jan 2024
I thought it was a silent voice & violet evergarden as well but those are done by kyoto ani. Still could be referencing them but wouldn't be A1 like the others.
Aug 10, 3:19 PM
Jul 2019
Neither of the suggested titles are animated by A-1 tho, and also the naming wouldn't really fit with the pattern of how the other fake titles have been derived. On top of that, A Silent Voice is called "Koe no Katachi" in Japanese, and the official English title in Japan is "The Shape of Voice", so that one doesn't really make sense on three different levels. As for Violet Evergarden, I don't see why "Operation" would be derived from "Evergarden"...
Aug 10, 3:25 PM
Oct 2022
It is very likely that anime or manga’s names were modified, otherwise it would have been copyrights violation rules. So, try searching them in a different way (example: Violet operation might be Violet Evergarden).
Aug 10, 4:51 PM
Feb 2019
I thought of "Lycoris Recoil" for "Violet operation."
Aug 10, 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
Just found Vividred Operation which is obviously the Violet Operation reference! No.9 down, only No.4 and No.5 left
Aug 10, 5:30 PM
May 2022
endless_Story_ said:
I thought it was a silent voice & violet evergarden as well but those are done by kyoto ani. Still could be referencing them but wouldn't be A1 like the others.

86 MENTIONED!!!!
Aug 10, 7:08 PM
Apr 2023
Bro they did my guts dirty bro, i think number 4 is berserk. And they're saying justice for guts lol. The other two is a silent voice and violet evergarden. I think number 8 is engaged kiss
Aug 10, 7:36 PM
Aug 2018
Number 5 could be Silent Witch, Aniplex (parent company of A1) just announced an anime of that
Aug 10, 8:26 PM

Jul 2023
watakoi, love is war is also mentioned

Aug 10, 9:32 PM
Jan 2024
Herman97 said:
Neither of the suggested titles are animated by A-1 tho, and also the naming wouldn't really fit with the pattern of how the other fake titles have been derived. On top of that, A Silent Voice is called "Koe no Katachi" in Japanese, and the official English title in Japan is "The Shape of Voice", so that one doesn't really make sense on three different levels. As for Violet Evergarden, I don't see why "Operation" would be derived from "Evergarden"...

kaguya sama, 86, and watakoi were animated under A1 pictures. what are you talking about? companies wouldn't take risk slandering titles of other companies for the sake of humor.
Aug 10, 10:08 PM
Jun 2024
Hickykissy said:
Bro they did my guts dirty bro, i think number 4 is berserk. And they're saying justice for guts lol. The other two is a silent voice and violet evergarden. I think number 8 is engaged kiss

Quite the contrary, I think 4 is Engage Kiss. Keiyaku as in the contract in the anime and Kuchibiru as in kiss.
Aug 10, 10:12 PM
Jun 2024
NormT said:
Number 5 could be Silent Witch, Aniplex (parent company of A1) just announced an anime of that

The katakana of "silent" in Silent Witch matches with the title. Could quite possibly be it.
Aug 11, 1:25 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Moshu_Anime
Herman97 said:

kaguya sama, 86, and watakoi were animated under A1 pictures. what are you talking about? companies wouldn't take risk slandering titles of other companies for the sake of humor.
@Moshu_Anime Why did you bring up Kaguya, 86, and WotaKoi? I was talking about Koe no Katachi and Violet Evergarden that people had suggested.
Aug 11, 1:31 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to flymango
Hickykissy said:

Quite the contrary, I think 4 is Engage Kiss. Keiyaku as in the contract in the anime and Kuchibiru as in kiss.
@flymango I also thought No.4 might be Engage Kiss, since Engage(ment) could loosely be translated to Keiyaku (at least with the lacking knowledge of English often seen in Japanese shows), and Kuchibiru ni implies a kiss. The only thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that all the other references are just slight alterations of the original title, while this one would be a complete alteration to a translation based wordplay. I don’t really know what other shows it could be tho
Aug 11, 1:59 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Herman97
@flymango I also thought No.4 might be Engage Kiss, since Engage(ment) could loosely be translated to Keiyaku (at least with the lacking knowledge of English often seen in Japanese shows), and Kuchibiru ni implies a kiss. The only thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that all the other references are just slight alterations of the original title, while this one would be a complete alteration to a translation based wordplay. I don’t really know what other shows it could be tho
@Herman97
yea... The fourth one could be Engage Kiss.
The author's name Guts Justice could also referred to this guy https://myanimelist.net/character/217289/The_Justice
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 11, 3:53 AM
Jan 2024
Herman97 said:
@Moshu_Anime Why did you bring up Kaguya, 86, and WotaKoi? I was talking about Koe no Katachi and Violet Evergarden that people had suggested.

oh, I thought you were talking about all the mentioned titles. even so think the producers or directors of this anime were part of the other titles not made under A1 pictures
Aug 11, 7:00 AM

May 2014
actually, #8 might be also referencing something

and I'm guessing it's Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari or Tales of Wedding Rings. it's also an isekai and a romcom, same as Komari mentioned (main genre is harem)
Aug 11, 7:23 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to arvin_1219
actually, #8 might be also referencing something

and I'm guessing it's Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari or Tales of Wedding Rings. it's also an isekai and a romcom, same as Komari mentioned (main genre is harem)
@arvin_1219 I'm not sure if I see the connection to Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari other than them both being isekai with romance, which seems like a stretch to be honest
Aug 11, 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
I think no.9 is referencing Vividred Operation, but I could be wrong.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Aug 11, 1:17 PM
May 2021
No 5, could it be Erased?
Aug 11, 1:21 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to Gensouori
I think no.9 is referencing Vividred Operation, but I could be wrong.
@Gensouori I think you're 100% right
Aug 15, 2:09 PM

Oct 2018
Some people have been theorizing that No. 5 Silent Tonic can be Silent Witch which was announced by Aniplex and Kadokawa officially recently and this might be a hint from A1 that they will pick that anime up. As for No. 4, unless it is something similar to Silent Witch that is yet to be announced, it must be Engage Kiss.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17

104 by kirA_-_ »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10

132 by kirA_-_ »»
1 hour ago

» A-1 pictures cooked for 2nd time

Anshul_003 - Aug 19

27 by CreepHazard »»
2 hours ago

» Nukumisu and anna

Anshul_003 - Aug 14

16 by TypicalWeeb047 »»
Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

132 by levibigass »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.