Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
@buny0058 If the birthday from your profile is correct, we were born on the same day. lol
10 hours ago
Dec 2022
this is a weird question but none of the mainstream shonen protagonist are remotely close to being the worst in all of anime. some of them are lame but that's cuz shonen is for teens.

anime is a huge genre, there are a lot of terrible protagonists out there
10 hours ago
Oct 2020
Any generic romance protagonist, any generic isekai protagonist, eren
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
If this forum gets around 100 post (more or less) might Actually gather all the MCs that you’ve suggested and list them in a poll so everyone can vote.
10 hours ago
Jul 2024
Everyone seems forget about redo of healer mc?
10 hours ago
Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
When we talk about who is the worst anime protagonist of all time, the only correct and objective answer is that Yellow Thing from Symphogear. Most people do not even know she exists, because series is quite niche and definitely not mainstream. But trust me, she makes Kirito look like Lelouch in comparison.

it's been a while since i watched symphogear how is she bad?
10 hours ago

Jul 2015
perolero said:
Piromysl said:
When we talk about who is the worst anime protagonist of all time, the only correct and objective answer is that Yellow Thing from Symphogear. Most people do not even know she exists, because series is quite niche and definitely not mainstream. But trust me, she makes Kirito look like Lelouch in comparison.

it's been a while since i watched symphogear how is she bad?

Lemme copy paste one of my posts from related threads, that kinda explains it.

Spoilers ahead:

9 hours ago
Nov 2022
Reply to Skylar-whoo
@buny0058 If the birthday from your profile is correct, we were born on the same day. lol
@Skylar-whoo I literally met some random ass person on the mall and we both had the same birthday haha- Wanna add me?
9 hours ago
Nov 2022
Reply to Skylar-whoo
Buny0058 said:
If you havn’t watched mha then how can you confidentally call deku a bad mc? He’s actually a really well written character and this is a common missconception that blind people make. Same with calling the show itself bad when it’s quite frankly the oppisite.

I don’t remember calling Deku a bad MC.
@Skylar-whoo Mb i read your post wrong. Although is it really true that hes the most popular hated mc? i just don't see it.
9 hours ago
Oct 2021
Buny0058 said:
@Skylar-whoo Mb i read your post wrong. Although is it really true that hes the most popular hated mc? i just don't see it.

I have seen a lot of content were people on anime convention are asked this question, and Deku is the one that I see the most.
9 hours ago
Oct 2021
@buny0058 sure, let me add u
9 hours ago
Oct 2019
Way too many to name
9 hours ago
Mar 2023
I don’t understand why people hate Deku so much. Is it because he cries? Takemichi is also not that bad imo. I think Tokyo Revenger’s was terrible. But him as an MC wasn’t the worst. I don’t get the hate for either.
9 hours ago
Jul 2020
Sieg from Fate : Apocrypha

He is in the most literal sence an NPC, who is for some reason the protagonist of the story. I found myself rooting for him to die any possible chance or for the villain to win.
MatijaCale9 hours ago
8 hours ago
Jun 2022
well , there r many . every new season atleast 3/4 mc r there who might be considered that
8 hours ago

Jan 2021
I never hated deku. I do hate Rudeus as a character though. Also kirito got pretty bland later on.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

8 hours ago
Dec 2019
Worst in writing or worst in character? If its worst in character, it is Makoto from School Days and it isn't even close
8 hours ago
Jul 2024
Ayanokoji from Classroom of The Elite. he’s not really bad, I just find him boring as hell. He gives the same expression all the time and acts all cool and edgy and I just hate it. If u like him, I don’t have a problem, but I still hate him.
8 hours ago
Feb 2021
It's gotta be Arajin from a delinquent anime called Buuchigiri

He completely ruins an otherwise good anime. Here's a list of crimes.
1. Actively calles his single mother a bitch anytime she says anything.
2. Betrays and neglects his 'best friend' through out the anime.
3. Terrible jokes. For example there's a running gag where he suddenly has to shit anytime he makes a decision and he flees from the consequences.
4. Chronic simping for a girl that has rejected him and is actively repulsed by his pressence. Over the top romantic gestures and constantly following her.
5. Never makes an active decsion. The story happens around him.
6. Is never punished for his terrible behaviour and gets to save the day multiple times and reap all the rewards.
7. He does not have a single redeeming quality.

The worst protagonist ever has got to be this guy. Hands down.
7 hours ago
May 2020
If they say Deku then they haven’t read/ watched MHA.
7 hours ago

Jul 2024
Fam from Last exile season 2
She's an annoying character that won't shut up about the "grand race"
What you see is what you get
Sorry my English is not the best
7 hours ago
May 2024
Wtf so many haters here and most of the mc's sum of you guys are talking about ain't even that bad -.-
7 hours ago

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/character/166741/Person
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
6 hours ago
Apr 2022
Kinoshita Kazuya from Rent a Girlfriend
6 hours ago
Nov 2018
Naoya from Girlfriend Girlfriend. Right after asking a girl to go out with him and she accepts. He then gets asked out on the same day, and he accepts it. I never ended up getting past the first episode because I ended up frustrated with him.
6 hours ago
Mar 2023
Otaku_4511 said:
The answer's Naruto. I haven't seen it but I've read it. As to why, talk no Jutsu would be too easy of an answer. Dude's just a hella annoying yapper.

Avg dragon ball fans who thinks db is the best 🤡🤡🤡
6 hours ago

Sep 2020
Any shows where the mc looks like a copy pasted version of Kirito, in which most of the time they have the personality of a cardboard.
6 hours ago
Nov 2022
AshTheChamp said:
Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend), Anos (Misfit of demon Ling academy), Kirito (SAO), Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) and some more.

Deku is slightly above average. He is way too overhated

yea its Kazuya imo , he's just so non motivated.
tanjiro on the other hand , well I won't put him in the good ones but he's not worst also (4.5/10)
but no way it's kirito
6 hours ago
Nov 2022
Yukarix said:
Any shows where the mc looks like a copy pasted version of Kirito, in which most of the time they have the personality of a cardboard.

New gate imo, I just watched 1 ep n dropped it
but it's totally cheap copy of SAO
6 hours ago
Jan 2023
Remember Shidou from Date a Live? Imo worst as well as biggest enemy of us😂

well ofc there are more but I could remember just this right now as I watched a shorts of him just moment ago
6 hours ago
Aug 2022
anchovieStix said:
i mean surely it has to be kazuya kinoshita right? Also yea deku is annoying as well

kazuya ain't too bad let's be real. he's the embodiment of 60% of the anime fandom, he's like E tier but definitely not F
5 hours ago
Feb 2021
Sora from No Game No Life. He’s annoying, cocky, a little shit, a womanizer, and the narrative treats him like the second coming of christ. Despite desperately needing it, he goes through zero character development. Each “challenge” that he faces ends in him having zero issues winning at all.
5 hours ago

Aug 2013
Momonga from Overlord, he is pretty much nothing, he lacks any backstory except of 'nice game session it was, oh! I am skeleton now!'. So author make from him anything he likes when it's convenient for him in regard of story which directs nowhere. First he feared of his minions and all shy, in next second he kills some adventurers in most perverted and cruel way ever just to 5 minutes later act like a hero with hidden motives which he doesn't have in fact since the retinue plays the king here. I mean, sure, there are many awful characters in terms of how they act and think like that one MS from Rent a Girlfriend but even unpleasant MS is better than hollow one.
Lawgun5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Jul 2021
I hated that guy from Nagatoro but I guess I just hate almost all romcom MCs
5 hours ago
Mar 2023
EliteWarrior910 said:

3. Terrible jokes. For example there's a running gag where he suddenly has to shit anytime he makes a decision and he flees from the consequences.
4. Chronic simping for a girl that has rejected him and is actively repulsed by his pressence. Over the top romantic gestures and constantly following her.
6. Is never punished for his terrible behaviour and gets to save the day multiple times and reap all the rewards.

THIS! This is the o my correct answer.
5 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to yuno_mal
Itou, Makoto from School Days is definitely the worst Main Character of all time, not many MCs can compete as to how horrible this character is.
@yuno_mal Makoto is a fantastic MC, he is just terrible as a person, but he is great as a character.
5 hours ago
May 2022
yall arent mentioning shinji from evangelion??
5 hours ago

Aug 2023
Goon Freak from hunter x hunter doesn't deserve to be the mc. Rest 3 are WAY better contenders for that title
5 hours ago
Oct 2023
Yukito from Kamikatsu though it is lowkey.

Yukito was sort of born evil or at least broken since he was born into a cult and the only way he can possibly function is always by manipulating people. The problem is the show reinforces that his attitude is okay, and divine beings who do exist get screwed a lot by his manipulative ways. A mirror character to him was unfortunately defeated by his team despite actually knowing the kind of monster he is and calls him out on it repeatedly only for it to not cause him to reform his ways in the slightest.

Still the show was enjoyable in spite of him, but yea he is a pretty bad protagonist with little to no growth and him diving deeper into what makes him flawed is rewarded.
5 hours ago
Apr 2023
the 2 that come to my mind as definitely being really bad is deku and tanjiro
5 hours ago
May 2020
Reply to Guilmon1
@Doriss for some reason people hate when the main characters fear or cry, people call shinji from evangelion a coward because he fears disregarding how he stands up time and time again, they hate deku because he is emotional when it's the best thing about him. Characters who are allowed to fear, cry and be hurt are the best, most interesting and most relatable characters when done well
@Guilmon1 I think people are hating on Shinji not just because his scared. It is more so how he bitch about it, the timing and the how frequently he does it and add the other things he does that can irk people. Like the rebuild movies did a better job on showing that side of Shinji.

I am okay with Shinji as protagonist but I can't blame people for not liking him since we don't really get that much of a context about him that can explain why is he like that. It's like at least with My hero you can get why Deku just by episode 1 cries a lot yet there are still people hating on him just cause he cried.
Now look at Shinji, the series don't really get any strong positive outlook for Shinji and the most we get of him early on in the story is basically him bitching, being rude to people who tries to care for him and that he is also a bitch even in the battlefield.
It was a good thing I did watch the first rebuild movie a first when it was new and got a good impression on Shinji then I watched the series as I wait for the rebuild sequels.
Like you I also did not get why people be hating on Shinji then when I watched the OG series. I can see why people did have that opinion.
Watching the og series weekly will definitely garner Shinji haters pretty early on if it was aired now imo. People won't be patient and hold off opinions until the episode that will paint Shinji in a really good way to come.
5 hours ago

Jan 2008
Rudeus and that guy from Redo of Healer. Both straight up villains
5 hours ago

May 2018
rudeus for real. there's absolutely nothing to like about him
can't yuck my yum

5 hours ago
Aug 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
Disrespectfully, Deku. I hate him with a passion.

ONG bro he is such a bitch worst mc for me
4 hours ago
Jul 2024
Shinji Ikari. Hands down, worst MC of all time. And in the Movie causes the death of the ENTIRE human species.
4 hours ago
Sep 2023
I don't think Deku is a bad Protagonist. He's an annoying crybaby sometimes but other than that he's fine. Most importantly he fits the story and him being the protagonist of MHA just feels right.

As for the worst protagonist, I'd go with someone like Ryuuto Kashima from "Our Dating Story". He's just a tropey romance protagonist who is insecure AF and has nothing that makes him special (from what I've seen at least).

I've also seen people say it's Takemichi and while I haven't seen enough of Tokyo Revengers to actually comment on him, I have to say that so far he's a bit like Deku except he can't fight. But he feels like the right protagonist for the show.
4 hours ago

Jul 2013
I don't even bother considering who is the best or worst protagonist tbh.
4 hours ago

Jul 2019
Eiji Hoshimiya from Big Order takes the top spot for me. He is Leluche, if Leluche were an absolute pussy. Dude has the power to literally command complete obedience from anyone, yet still gets his ass pushed around, tricked, bullied, and bitch slapped by everyone and their mother.

Hickykissy said:
The mc of school days which I haven't watch yet

Skylar-whoo said:
You haven’t watched it, but feel that way? That’s a red flag for a character tbh.

Ignore all the naysayers, Makoto is an absolute Chad, who has girls throwing themselves at him left and right. Everyone from elementary school girls to Hot momma MILFs be trying to jump on that D, and he doesn't turn any of them down. He'll bang his GF, then turn around and bang her mom and little sis, then go bang his second GF, then bang her dad's GF (who also happens to be his own daughter, and Makoto's half sister, thought to be fair, everyone is that series is either cousins or half siblings, so, it's really not that werid.) So yeah, shits wild, and unlike all those other pussy harem protags, he makes sure he gets some. Garbage Human being sure, but Chadliest of Chad prtoags.
3 hours ago
Jan 2022
I hate takamichi, I am sorry but I don't care what he did in the manga and how ophe has become in the manga but to me he is still a crybaby with strong character to save him (one of the biggest pussy in anime history)
levibigass3 hours ago
2 hours ago
Sep 2015
Reply to EliteWarrior910

@EliteWarrior910:
Oh my God! How could I forget about him?! Guys, I have an MC that I hate! I hate Arajin (Bucchigiri?!) so much that I completely blocked him from my memories, but I was just reminded of him. Yes, I fully agree... Arajin is THE biggest mistake as an MC. I remembered... now I'll try to forget about him again, xDDD

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Petition To Animate *Actually* Good Anime Instead of Random Isekai Copypastas

Hiimoohiii - Yesterday

47 by Play2X »»
21 seconds ago

» Do you hate how Modern Anime is plagued with goodie two shoes protaognist?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

16 by did4375 »»
9 minutes ago

» Are you into demon girls?

Osamunau - Jul 17

37 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Toei is Screwing Up Big Time ( 1 2 3 )

Hiimoohiii - Yesterday

105 by DesuMaiden »»
19 minutes ago

» Hated characters that you love + those whose phenomenon you don't understand

Doriss - 49 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.