Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Johnny-Jay The idea of "developing feelings" is too anthropomorphic. They come pre-packaged as robots with something like love to begin with. What else do you call it when someone's every thought is consumed with you, your wellbeing, and what they can do for you? Mina only has one special trait in this universe, and it's nothing that's come up yet. Other than that, it only makes sense he'd have to teach her: She's a robot, not a Human. And a flawed robot at that. Of course she needs guidance.
@HyperlinkBlocked In the end it's still an unbalanced relationship where the owner asks his property to portray devotion as romantic love. So while it could be considered harmless, that's a dynamic that I don't find pleasing to watch.
Jul 22, 3:51 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Johnny-Jay
@HyperlinkBlocked In the end it's still an unbalanced relationship where the owner asks his property to portray devotion as romantic love. So while it could be considered harmless, that's a dynamic that I don't find pleasing to watch.
@Johnny-Jay Are you saying robots can't feel love?
Jul 22, 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Johnny-Jay
Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Janethan23Jul 23, 4:58 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 22, 7:00 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Johnny-Jay
Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Janethan23Jul 23, 4:59 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 22, 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Johnny-Jay
I don't mind human-robot relationships but I do have a problem with this one. Takuma is literally TEACHING Mina to be his wife, sure she's developing feelings for him in the process but that's not enough for me to find it cute.

That being said, who gives a damn about ratings? A niche anime getting a lukewarm reception is to be expected. Stop seeking validation from strangers for your tastes in anime...
@Johnny-Jay I think your time and opinions about this "power imbalance" is best directed on actual groomers.
If you buy a cellphone or a computer or any appliance with or without an AI installed do you not set parameters to fit your lifestyle? Do you need its consent so you could customize its setting to conform with your preferences? The only living person in this relationship here is Takuma and there's no one else being mistreated nor being abused except his sanity which is constantly being stressed by his anxiety to be the best partner to his supposed wife.

This is modern audience brainrot right here.

Jul 23, 3:23 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Johnny-Jay Are you saying robots can't feel love?
@HyperlinkBlocked It's up to the show to answer this question. What I'm saying is that Mina didn't seem to express romantic interest towards Takuma until he decided to change the nature of their relationship. Mina mostly shows what I interpret as devotion and obedience, which doesn't make for a cute romance in my opinion.

@Janethan23 You're being weirdly defensive about this when I'm simply explaining why I don't find this relationship engaging. If Mina is purely a machine incapable of feeling, then I'm watching a guy roleplaying marriage with his cooking robot and that's not a story that I care for. That being said, I haven't dropped the show yet.
Jul 23, 8:52 AM
Jul 2020
People got mad over the main character being too pathetic lmao.

I sorta blame this in the adaptation itself.

The anime should have made it clearer that he was drunk in the first few episodes.
Jul 23, 3:29 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Isekai-Enjoyer
People got mad over the main character being too pathetic lmao.

I sorta blame this in the adaptation itself.

The anime should have made it clearer that he was drunk in the first few episodes.
@Isekai-Enjoyer it was completely obvious that he was drunk.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 5 Discussion

dymable - Jul 20

15 by Lampblasted »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20

48 by CocoaGalaxy »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

67 by Stealth46 »»
Jul 23, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6

72 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jul 22, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29

139 by Willey »»
Jul 14, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.