Forum Settings
Forums

Anime adaptation may be in production soon according to recent legal documents from Shueisha

New
Jul 13, 3:21 AM

Nov 2018
So apparently, Shueisha has legally filed for a trademark for the manga Kagurabachi with the intent of use in "anime production", "pre-recorded media and video files containing animation content", and more. See here for trademark. Click display all items in the list when you translate the webpage, there are many things that regard animation and its creation process.

In Japan, companies pay quite a bit of money for trademarks. Since Shueisha has paid money for the trademark, legally speaking, there is no turning back. Meaning Kagurabachi will get an anime adaptation announced maybe sometime this year or early next year. Shueisha has done the same previously with Oshi no Ko, Look Back, Kaiju no. 8, and other shows and movies a couple of years before they actually air, so there's a chance we may see an adaptation some time in 2026 or 2027 if nothing is announced this year.

This does not mean that an adaptation of the manga is currently in production.

Examples of other patents:
- Dandadan (registered 2022, airs Fall 2024)
- Blue Box (registered 2022, airs Fall 2024)
- Ayakashi Triangle (registered early 2022, aired Winter 2023)
_cjessop19_Jul 13, 3:32 AM
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jul 13, 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
That would be great. A high quality anime adaptation of Kagurabachi, faithful to the source material, could be truly a hit. Peak, even.
Jul 13, 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
this early on? while other manga have to at least have 100 chapters before they announced an anime
Jul 13, 4:36 AM
Jul 2021
Yeah, no. It is wayyy to eearly for an anime. You can expect anime talk from around ch 100. This is likely just a domain register for the sake of having it. Like how pokemon has domains registered like pokemon pink and pokemo gray, even though those games never existed.
Jul 13, 4:50 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to deg
this early on? while other manga have to at least have 100 chapters before they announced an anime
@deg
@Rammelbips
If they announce the anime next year, the manga may have 60-70+ chapters out by then, should enough for a 12 episode anime. It's also the only manga in the Oricon top 10 that doesn't have an adaptation
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jul 13, 5:13 AM
Jul 2021
_cjessop19_ said:
@deg
@Rammelbips
If they announce the anime next year, the manga may have 60-70+ chapters out by then, should enough for a 12 episode anime. It's also the only manga in the Oricon top 10 that doesn't have an adaptation

You know that the Oricon topb10 is just of this week right? There are a lot of series that make the top ten or 20 and don't have an anime out yet. Shueisha is not going to release an anime that early, yes it is a hit, but even way more popular series like Sakamoto Days had to wait way longer. KGB is getting an anime, that is almost 100% going to happen, but not this quickly. Shueisha needs to make sure they have new anime coming out all the time and if they rush into an early anime than they won't have anytjing in the pipeline. Witch Watch is first. KGB mayby in Fall 2026, but more likely somewhere in 2027.
Jul 13, 5:22 AM

Feb 2010
I would assume an anime won't show up for a while yet. Maybe when the manga is around chapter 110 unless they'll just adapt full arcs with hiatus in-between
Jul 13, 6:10 AM
Jul 2020
Pretty sure that also happened with Sakamoto Days in 2021, about a year after it started. That anime’s not airing till 2025. This doesn’t mean Kagurabachi’s coming anytime soon.
Jul 13, 7:56 AM
Jul 2024
only 40 chapters bro, wayy too early
Jul 13, 9:13 AM
Nov 2022
Anyone saying too early obviously don't know that Kaguya-sama got the anime greenlight by volume 1
Jul 13, 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ReXiRa
Anyone saying too early obviously don't know that Kaguya-sama got the anime greenlight by volume 1
@ReXiRa too many losing heroines got anime adaptation greenlight as soon as volume 1 too https://x.com/CanipaShow/status/1811215609549709368 but the release of the anime started after volume 6-8 of the light novel
Jul 13, 2:52 PM

Apr 2020
Well good for Hokazono, highly doubt he expected Kagurabachi to become such a phenomenon.

Tenoí
Jul 13, 3:59 PM
Oct 2022
Adnash said:
That would be great. A high quality anime adaptation of Kagurabachi, faithful to the source material, could be truly a hit. Peak, even.

I really like Kagurabachi, so seeing it become an anime would be really great. I have a feeling we’ll be waiting a while longer before it’s even announced, though.
Jul 13, 10:55 PM
Nov 2022
deg said:
@ReXiRa too many losing heroines got anime adaptation greenlight as soon as volume 1 too https://x.com/CanipaShow/status/1811215609549709368 but the release of the anime started after volume 6-8 of the light novel

I do think Light Novels are a bit different since they don't have a regular schedule for releases (more on that later) but I'm happy they took their time with the production cycle, which from the dates I'm assuming are between 2~3 years

The Weekly Manga format means enough chapters to compile into a tankobon volume every 10 weeks/2.5 months or so, and said volume releases every 2~4 months. While LNs in general are a lot lax and basically up to the whims of the author (in this case about 5~9 months between volumes)
Jul 14, 2:33 AM
Jun 2022
Give it more time its too early
Jul 14, 8:42 AM

Jun 2014
MHA's anime first got announced when it was only around 65-ish chapters in, so I won't rule out the possibility that something similar could happen here. Who knows, maybe they'll want to make a big spectacle out of it and not announce an anime until next year's Jump Festa, by then we should be well past the 100 chapter mark.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 14, 12:01 PM
Aug 2022
There was never a doubt for anime. Don't expect one before chapter 120 unless they expect the manga to end soon than later. If that's the case then we could get anime before 2027.
Jul 14, 12:03 PM
Aug 2022
thebrentinator24 said:
MHA's anime first got announced when it was only around 65-ish chapters in, so I won't rule out the possibility that something similar could happen here. Who knows, maybe they'll want to make a big spectacle out of it and not announce an anime until next year's Jump Festa, by then we should be well past the 100 chapter mark.

That was 10 years ago. It seems these days they won't start an anime unless the manga is past 100. It's for the better. Less time in between seasons in theory
Jul 14, 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to DayRivia
thebrentinator24 said:

That was 10 years ago. It seems these days they won't start an anime unless the manga is past 100. It's for the better. Less time in between seasons in theory
@DayRivia Yea I don't expect Kagurabachi to get an anime announcement at not even 70 chapters like MHA, that case with MHA is definitely an outlier. Black Clover, JJK, and Demon Slayer didn't get anime announcements until 90, 80-something, and 110+ chapters in, respectively. I'm expecting the same for Kagurabachi (and hopefully not a Sakamoto Days type case where that anime announcement didn't happen until well over 150 chapters in).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 19, 11:24 PM
Jul 2022
I mean, we theoretically have enough content for a 12 episode season 1 after the current arc wraps up, though it is a bit early.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kagurabachi Chapter 42 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Jul 21

7 by ravingLimey »»
Jul 24, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Kagurabachi Chapter 41 Discussion

ARK-13 - Jul 13

11 by Adnash »»
Jul 19, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kagurabachi Chapter 4 Discussion

ARK-13 - Oct 4, 2023

27 by Aolaogth »»
Jul 16, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Kagurabachi Chapter 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 21, 2023

82 by Aolaogth »»
Jul 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Kagurabachi Chapter 40 Discussion

ARK-13 - Jul 6

17 by Softhenic03 »»
Jul 14, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.