Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 7, 11:05 AM
Feb 2023
I decided to watch this , so which will you recommend??
Jul 7, 11:11 AM
Mar 2023
original definitely
Jul 7, 11:13 AM
Sep 2022
Remake definitely
Jul 7, 11:25 AM
Oct 2023
I prefer the original
Jul 7, 12:13 PM
Jun 2021
didn’t watch the original but i enjoyed this remake so much, the artstyle of the original does look cooler tho
Jul 7, 12:38 PM
Nov 2018
I didn't watch the original. I thought it was different from the other Bartender? I thought the original was his time before going to Japan?
Jul 7, 1:03 PM
Nov 2020
first time watched this typa anime
Jul 7, 2:22 PM
May 2016
Original miles better

The different stories over every episode while being in the bar just hits better as a slice of life than a full fledged story throughout the 12 episodes of the remake

Plus the vibes of the original just hits so much different with the intro and songs
Jul 7, 2:25 PM

Oct 2010
CONQUERT said:
I decided to watch this , so which will you recommend??

The original does a much better job of exploring human emotion and is presented in a much more episodic way. The original’s use of narration and the smooth Jazz bgm gives the original a much warmer, more personal feel. Episode 2 of the original is something I consider to be one of the top 10 best single episodes of any anime. That said, after watching the original, there’s no reason to not watch the remake, it’s actually very different and creates its own storyline that wasn’t in the original. My ultimate recommendation is just watch both, original first. I personally think the original is a 10/10 and the remake is an 8/10.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Jul 7, 2:31 PM
Jul 2023
the original is better for episodic stories, and the remake is a full narrative. base your decision on which you'd rather watch or just watch both to know which is better. They're both good
Jul 7, 4:08 PM

Jul 2023
You should watch both. Each brings something to the table, but I prefer the original.
Jul 7, 4:16 PM
Feb 2015
I've always liked that the original was very classy in the way it presented itself, despite being an anime it felt as though it were a theatre play and I really enjoyed that feeling each episode took, as well as tying in closely to the different drinks they presented each episode

But despite this being a remake, you'd think all of this would be the same as the og which it isn't, I haven't read the manga but this remake is more story lore involved compared to showing the different drinks with a bit of episodic story in the og
Over here, you see more about how Ryu became who he is and get a sustenance of a plot behind the activities of Ryu being recruited for the hotel
In the og, the hotel thing happened but that was only one episode and after that it was a plot device that was left behind and Ryu wasn't being recruited there, they just continued on from there with whatever topic of cocktail was being discussed upon

So really, I feel like the remake is something itself that stems away from the og and both could be watched separately, I really like that in the remake it didn't feel like I was just watching the og but remastered or something because it's more lore involved premise and even new characters never seen before as well makes this its own thing

If you want more on the plot, watch the remake
If you wanna find out a bit more on cocktails as well as something that feels rather artistic, watch the og

Edit: I still miss the ost from the og tho, natural high's member did an insanely good job on it, was classy and although had its moments of tragic tracks, was still in line with the whole premise of the show and I honestly wish I have the CD of that one too
Jul 7, 7:34 PM
Mar 2024
didn't watch the original. But remake, I think , is more better than original because of it's animation and soothing background sound and it's some what satisfying
Jul 7, 9:33 PM
Sep 2020
I thought it was a re-adaptation of the original source not a remake like the new Ookami show.
Jul 8, 1:07 PM
Mar 2024
watch both (character limit)
Jul 8, 11:16 PM
Apr 2019
Remake, with me it just had a better story and a lot of new characters.
Jul 10, 9:46 AM

Feb 2024
Manga is better than both adaptations and the only way to experience the complete story. That being said you should have made a poll.
Jul 16, 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
Original. Felt like it focused better on the bar aspect? You got the different guest stories, the bartender interactions, drinks each episode without the convoluted need to try to make the narrative blend together. He was just a mysterious Bartender that soothed his visitors souls. The new one had a kind meh ongoing backstory that tried to carry the narrative to make the episodes connect. It wasn't bad but kinda seemed forced at times.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

144 by MisterKnight748 »»
Jul 25, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

67 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Jul 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

34 by snowykevin »»
Jul 17, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

73 by wallus81 »»
Jul 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24

61 by cel-06 »»
Jul 6, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.