Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon suru Koto ni Natta.' Gets TV Anime

New
Jun 24, 4:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Production company Aniplex opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Seiju Amano's Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon suru Koto ni Natta. (I'm Getting Married to a Girl I Hate in My Class) light novel on Monday, revealing the lead cast, a teaser visual (pictured) and an announcement promo.

Voice actress Hinaki Yano (Wonder Egg Priority, Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai) is starring as the lead female character Akane Sakuramori.

Amano, in collaboration with the MF Bunko J editorial department, began penning the romantic comedy novel on the Kakuyomu website in December 2020. Kadokawa began publishing the series under its MF Bunko J imprint that month, featuring illustrations by Nanami Narumi. The eighth volume went on sale in November 2023.

Shounen Ace Plus began serializing a manga adaptation by Mosskonbu in May 2021. Kadokawa released the fifth volume on February 26.

Synopsis
Saito Houjou, a high school student, married Sakuramori Akane, a classmate and his worst enemy at school.

"If you tell the rest of the class we're married, I'll kill you!"
"I don't want them to know either. There's no point in that!"

Their newlywed life was not going well, and they were constantly arguing. However, as they go about their daily lives, the gap between them narrows, they have more enjoyable times together, and they gradually come to understand one another.

Saito discovers Akane's cute side, which he had never seen before, and Akane gradually recognizes her hidden emotions... The heart-pounding newlywed life of two people who can't seem to be honest with each other starts here!

Announcement PV

Official site: https://kura-kon.com/
Official X (Twitter): @kurakon_X

Source: LN News

Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon suru Koto ni Natta. on MAL

Jun 24, 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
A rom-com that sounds classic but effective from the synopsis, but which will capture more attention depending on the staff behind it.
Jun 24, 5:02 AM

Apr 2012
When I saw the title, I thought it was one of those yuri about marrying your "best friend", but it turns out it's just an LN romcom that brings back the old trope.

@IzayoiSk It seems more and more idol/moe VAs are getting roles outside of typecasting.
Jun 24, 5:20 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, didn't expected this one.

Art of the novel and manga is great so hopefully a good studio would adapt this, preferably Doga Kobo or A1 Pictures.
Jun 24, 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to reicchi-sensei
Damn, didn't expected this one.

Art of the novel and manga is great so hopefully a good studio would adapt this, preferably Doga Kobo or A1 Pictures.
@misterreicchi Doga Kobo has made such a big shift towards cute or meme romance and not so shows lately that I still can't get used to the fact that they chose all-female as their anniversary original project.
Jun 24, 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
When I saw the title, I thought it was one of those yuri about marrying your "best friend", but it turns out it's just an LN romcom that brings back the old trope.

@IzayoiSk It seems more and more idol/moe VAs are getting roles outside of typecasting.
@RobertBobert For example, I was thinking of Aoyama Nagisa, who dubbed Ciel in Synduality, and whose performance was really good, as well as having a rather singular voice full of charm.

It's good to have ultra-famous seiyuu but a bit of diversity in the cast is also good.
Jun 24, 6:04 AM

Apr 2021
How the fuck do you get married while being in highschool
Jun 24, 6:25 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to mshfqtny
@mshfqtny Japanese law allows marriage at 16-17 years of age if your parents give permission and you truly love each other.

@IzayoiSk Yeah, I'm a little tired of how VAs of multimedia franchises usually end up being locked into various gacha game adaptations.
Jun 24, 6:26 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to mshfqtny
@mshfqtny Have you ever heard of an engagement? Even though in the manga they talk about getting married after college.
Jun 24, 6:48 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to IzayoiSk
@RobertBobert For example, I was thinking of Aoyama Nagisa, who dubbed Ciel in Synduality, and whose performance was really good, as well as having a rather singular voice full of charm.

It's good to have ultra-famous seiyuu but a bit of diversity in the cast is also good.
@IzayoiSk

This anime is Aniplex and the lead is Yano Hinaki. So I think there's a (high)possibility that the rest of the main casts will come from Sony Music Artists Inc.(SMA).
https://www.sma.co.jp/s/sma/search/artist?ima=0000&link=ROBO004&ct=voice_actor&lang=en#/
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 24, 6:51 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@mshfqtny Japanese law allows marriage at 16-17 years of age if your parents give permission and you truly love each other.

@IzayoiSk Yeah, I'm a little tired of how VAs of multimedia franchises usually end up being locked into various gacha game adaptations.
RobertBobert said:
Japanese law allows marriage at 16-17 years of age if your parents give permission and you truly love each other.
i know that and it's only for girls. You gotta be 18 if you're a male. Well he might be 18 i guess

IzayoiSk said:
Have you ever heard of an engagement?
it is said that they got married. Nobody said anything about engagement.
Jun 24, 6:55 AM

Aug 2020
Anime about little wife hehe ^__^

Jun 24, 6:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to mshfqtny
RobertBobert said:
Japanese law allows marriage at 16-17 years of age if your parents give permission and you truly love each other.
i know that and it's only for girls. You gotta be 18 if you're a male. Well he might be 18 i guess

IzayoiSk said:
@mshfqtny I don't remember it being just for girls. At least a lot of anime reference this for both girls and guys.

@AkeZZZ So, it's like with the romcom adaptations that Bushiroad produced, they just promote their VAs themselves?
Jun 24, 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@mshfqtny I don't remember it being just for girls. At least a lot of anime reference this for both girls and guys.

@AkeZZZ So, it's like with the romcom adaptations that Bushiroad produced, they just promote their VAs themselves?
@RobertBobert

more or less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aniplex is a company under Sony and Yano Hinaki is a seiyuu under Sony Music Artists Inc. There are connections between these two parties. So, there is a chance that the main cast will be the one from SMA.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 24, 7:01 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to AkeZZZ
@RobertBobert

more or less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aniplex is a company under Sony and Yano Hinaki is a seiyuu under Sony Music Artists Inc. There are connections between these two parties. So, there is a chance that the main cast will be the one from SMA.
@AkeZZZ Well, one way or another, I'm still glad to see them outside of the next waifu bait.
Jun 24, 7:12 AM
Apr 2013
Synopsis is confusing. Otherwise it seems like one of those anime.

Like when I said I wanted anime where the main characters were married, notlikethis
Jun 24, 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to mshfqtny
RobertBobert said:

IzayoiSk said:
@mshfqtny Yes, and maybe it's better to dig a little deeper than the synopsis? The manga specifies that the marriage will take place after college. Anyway, RobertBobert did mention the fact that in Japan marriage is allowed around the age of 16.
Jun 24, 7:20 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to IzayoiSk
@mshfqtny Yes, and maybe it's better to dig a little deeper than the synopsis? The manga specifies that the marriage will take place after college. Anyway, RobertBobert did mention the fact that in Japan marriage is allowed around the age of 16.
IzayoiSk said:
maybe it's better to dig a little deeper than the synopsis?
no, i don't care that much

Also, i request you not to make a big deal out of it now
Jun 24, 7:21 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to mshfqtny
@mshfqtny Not to long ago an American state level politition was arguing for not setting one of the USA first minimal age of marriage. He was a republican and argued that all the married 12 year olds he has seen stay married. So Japan is the progressive one on this topic.

Found a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4Pk6J-EGs
Jun 24, 7:26 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to mshfqtny
IzayoiSk said:
maybe it's better to dig a little deeper than the synopsis?
no, i don't care that much

Also, i request you not to make a big deal out of it now
@mshfqtny Why did you ask in the first place if you don't care? I'll leave it at that, I don't want to argue with someone like you.
Jun 24, 7:32 AM

Apr 2021
I don't get why some people overreact so much to some very mundane topics

They say,
"I don't want to argue with someone like you"
While they're obviously the one trying to argue
Jun 24, 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to mshfqtny
I don't get why some people overreact so much to some very mundane topics

They say,
"I don't want to argue with someone like you"
While they're obviously the one trying to argue
@mshfqtny I was answering your question but ok.

One person asks a question "But why do I get the answer ????".

There are weird people everywhere I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 24, 7:43 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to IzayoiSk
@mshfqtny I was answering your question but ok.

One person asks a question "But why do I get the answer ????".

There are weird people everywhere I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@IzayoiSk you didn't answer me
You could've just said "they're engaged"

Then i would've said "alright then"

But you did not do that. You had to be provocative and said that i should have researched before asking.

I just said that i didn't care about it that much that I would give such effort. I was curious but not to the level that I'm gonna start reading the ln/manga.
I also requested you to not make a big deal out of it.

Most people in you're position including me would just stop there. But you didn't. You had to be provocative again.
mshfqtnyJun 24, 7:47 AM
Jun 24, 7:50 AM

May 2020
This sounds like something which has already been adapted more than once in the past.
Jun 24, 8:03 AM

May 2021
I got bored of the manga version of the source material even though I really like this type of stories. Hopefully the anime version will be much better

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 24, 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Air this soon. Been waiting for this to get anime.
Jun 24, 9:39 AM

Jan 2023
Sounds like a fun romcom, looking forward to it :)
Jun 25, 12:39 AM
Dec 2022
I love the LN of this. So Excited that it's finally getting an adaptation

More topics from this board

» 'Sousou no Frieren' Gets Second Season ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

63 by ReiKiriyama71 »»
23 minutes ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

87 by snoowow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Receives Fourth Season, Second Movie

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Mavuika »»
6 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

11 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» Singer Masayoshi Ooishi Announces Marriage

Aiimee - Jul 31, 2020

4 by TemdoesSpeedruns »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.