Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime The Mysterious Play or remake the entire anime ?

New
Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime The Mysterious Play or remake the entire anime ?
May 27, 4:32 AM
Apr 2020
May 27, 10:45 AM

May 2010
I would be more interested in an anime based on one of the spin-off series, probably Genbu Kaiden since I believe that one is completed. I love the original series and while it would be exciting to see a new adaptation of it, as I was with Fruits Basket, I also like the idea of doing something new instead of just re-treading old ground.
Oct 3, 7:10 PM

Jan 2018
I would love to see a modern remake. The original is a solid effort with a few changes made based on broadcast restrictions and then that whole third act was squished into a 6 episode ova so I would love to see the whole thing readapted with modern techniques and pacing.

Also I second a genbu anime but I hear the manga didn't do great in Japan so that might be why we didn't see one. Plus the last watase title to be adapted was arata and that had so much potential. I just really want her works to get the love they deserve, she's such a great manga-ka
Oct 3, 7:28 PM

Mar 2021
It was not an option, but I do not want them to make a remake or a new season.

The art style of “Fushigi Yuugi” has changed recently, and since I liked the style of the manga when it was serialized, I do not want a remake or a new series in the newer style...

Also, since she has just recovered from my depression and have barely started my manga series again, I feel that it would be a burden on the author to anime a remake or a new season of the manga. If you do decide to make an anime, please at least wait until “Fushigi Yuugi: Byakko Senki” is complete before making an anime.

Oct 9, 1:11 PM

Feb 2021
Of course not! Anime FULLY adapts the whole manga! It is a MASTERPIECE!!

They should adapt prequel Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden and Fushigi Yuugi: Byakko Senki. It would be amazing!!

Although the latter is publishing now, I hope that Watase will finish this manga wihtout any troubles, be it second volume anyway!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 33 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 21, 2010

31 by BlaizeV »»
Aug 26, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 13 Discussion

philautia_ - Sep 6, 2009

6 by BlaizeV »»
Aug 20, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 7 Discussion

philautia_ - Sep 4, 2009

9 by DarkConan1412 »»
Aug 13, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 12 Discussion

meneope - Aug 26, 2009

15 by SilverCrono »»
Jul 19, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 52 Discussion

meneope - Oct 26, 2009

37 by Fanez17 »»
Jun 21, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.