Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 3:00 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
echi echi echi!
100% Telenovela!
Sep 4, 2009 7:56 PM

Aug 2008
Thank God they didn't really show the rape scene. Just knowing it happened and hearing as much of it as I did was upsetting enough.

I am not happy with Miaka being a jerk to Tamahome. I'm excited for Miaka and Tamahome to have sex and to see Miaka's brother freak out while reading it.
Aug 28, 2010 12:05 PM

Mar 2010
woke up both naked, whaaaa? then it ends the same huu, Poor Yui

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2010 4:40 PM

May 2010
Yui is not being rational.
Jan 25, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2010
ExquisiteDefect said:
Thank God they didn't really show the rape scene. Just knowing it happened and hearing as much of it as I did was upsetting enough...

I agree. I think it was even more powerful the way they did it. Hearing what was happening and watching the faces of the ones watching it.

And what's up with her brother? Don't you think a normal brother would start to get a little nervous seeing this guy all over his little sister?

May 6, 2011 4:23 PM

Jan 2009
ExquisiteDefect said:
I'm excited for Miaka and Tamahome to have sex and to see Miaka's brother freak out while reading it.

I lol'd xD

Finally! Hotohori reacted about Miaka and Tamahome! I was wondering if he was going to accepting it like if was nothing, since he said she was the woman of his dreams. =P

Oh, and Yui looking trought the window...with only a shirt on... SWEET!
Feb 2, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
Lol at Tamahome for trying to scurry off with goodies. But wow, what happened to Yui was awful.
Oct 26, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
Guiiiiiilt triiiiiiippp <--Miyaka finding out what happened, heheh..

...i'm surprised Hotohori's so ffing surprised about Tamahome sticking on Miyaka, like, they've been doing it since episode 1, didn't he notice until now _|D?

-the upbeat tone of the ending feels kinda out of place every once in awhile _|D
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 1, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2014
Rewatching the series right now. This is one of my all time favorite animes and I can still remember the tiny details of it, I can't believe myself. I think the last time I watched this was when I was in 3rd year high school. So nostalgic.

Omg at Tamahome x Miaka ahhh! But a part of my heart hurts every time I see Hotohori T^T he's such a good man.
violityJan 1, 2017 4:56 AM
Apr 10, 2019 3:42 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Miaka is super selfish to everyone around her. Refusing to have a conversation with Tamahome on any of her frivolous thoughts is honestly the most mind numbing thing she does on and off throughout this run and I don't see it ending anytime soon.

Also Miaka apologizing for her love being selfish comes off hollow being she hasn't been super selfless until now. "I'm sorry." for what exactly?

And I hate rape as a device, especially since we don't get to see how it's effected Yui other then basics. I mean they imply she tried to kill herself from one tiny scar on her wrist??? WHAT? That's not even a jumpable conclusion and if Miaka is correct somehow which seems so out of her depth how did she only get as far as a single cut.
Oct 30, 2019 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Hotohoriiii :(

I think I understand better on why Yui is hurt, she expected Miaka to hear her but since she removed uniform, she couldn't hear her.
Sep 13, 2021 2:24 AM

Dec 2018
Dammit I knew it was rape. What a horrible aftertaste.

Call me a cuck but I can't handle rape in anime, or at least rape in these sorts of anime. Throw me any rape hentai, or a rape scene that's a genuinely valid plot device, I definitely could get through it. But I hate rape in anime like this, or like in Higehiro. It's hard to explain, I mean I don't mind rape in sth like Texhnolyze, but then imagine Winry in FMAB getting assaulted. I'd shoot myself.

Again, can't explain it but I guess I didn't watch this shitty ridiculous show for some innocent young girl mental scar. This was supposed to be stupid and unintentionally funny. I don't feel like this show is worth feeling bad over, so I guess that might be why I hate these last 2 episodes. For now, I simply cannot enjoy the show, not until it resolves the Yui issue.
. . .
Oct 3, 2021 7:53 PM

May 2016
This show seems to be maturer than i tough
beware of crappy engrish
Dec 8, 2022 7:58 AM

Oct 2016
I guess we all feel the same about the rape scene. Still can't get over it.
Oct 6, 2023 4:23 PM

Aug 2022
AND we find out what happened to Yui. That is pretty awful, even for a young girl. No wonder she seethes with rage.

The love triangle continues, with Hotohori throwing in his hat in the ring. It's pretty obvious Miaka will choose Tamahome, but the thought that the Sword-wielder will be left outt is kind of sad.

Finally, Miaka matures. She is finally aware of what she must do and how she must do it. She is part of a greater whole and she must play her part. Good on her for this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 21 Discussion

Gilraina - Nov 10, 2009

5 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 31, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 9 Discussion

meneope - Aug 24, 2009

11 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 51 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 29, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 16, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 44 Discussion

meneope - Oct 16, 2009

16 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 43 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 26, 2010

9 by suaee »»
Jan 15, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.