Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 18, 2023 2:24 PM
Feb 2020
love from pirto .i.
May 17, 2023 1:29 PM
Oct 2021
The plot was a bit confusing/ uneventful but the animation was beautiful
Jan 8, 10:25 AM

Apr 2018
Very pretty-looking particle/magic effects and that's about it.... there isn't much of a point to having 4K resolution if the actual character animation is Adobe Flash-levels of quality.
Apr 30, 4:20 PM

Jun 2016
Looks great on my 4k 144hz Mini LED HDR monitor.
Aug 16, 3:22 AM
Apr 2021
Tsarko said:
It looked amazing on my 4k TV. And yeah, what were people expecting? This was advertised as a short experimental work that was obviously meant to try and test new technologies that was never used in anime production before.

These 3 minutes alone took 2 years to make. Staff had to figure out stuff out along the way and overcome a lot of challenges. It's okay if it didn't turn out perfect in the first ever try. Next tries will be only better.

They even made project open source so other people in the industry can learn from their mistakes and successes and make future projects like this only better.

There's a good article about the short's production that is well worth a read:
https://netflixtechblog.com/bringing-4k-and-hdr-to-anime-at-netflix-with-sol-levante-fa68105067cd?gi=58598af06e79

These experimental works are something we need a lot more and are always welcome as they are ultimately the ones that push any kind of industry forward.

For better understanding I think it is important to do some background check. So thanks for sharing this NetflixBlog link! Honestly it was a bit too long to read it line-by-line but it definitely gave me an insight and I could watch it again with another eye! I am a big fan of hand-drawn pieces but with all the innovations in digital techniques I am absolutely positive Creators are coming up newer & newer ideas to implement so I am looking forward to see what’s next 🙃
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did this get canceled?

S-H-I-N-Y - Jan 14, 2020

17 by VIKITACHIxd »»
Dec 19, 2022 3:14 PM

» So, its basically just a tech demo

chrisbj - Apr 4, 2020

4 by Darkdaxter »»
Apr 14, 2020 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.