Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 13, 7:46 AM
Mar 2017
Does anyone know which Chess game was shown in the episode? It looked like too interresting positions to be a fake game.
Mar 13, 8:03 AM
Nov 2019
It also looks much better than the one in season 1. The opening isn’t quite common but I’d say it’s sound.
Mar 13, 8:14 AM
Mar 2017
Although I just realized, that at least the first 3 moves do not belong to the game. from 1.b3 c5 2.Bb2 d5 3.d3 its basically impossible to get to the next shown position with whites bishop on B5, since its closed out by the pawn chain.
Mar 13, 8:48 AM
Sep 2021
i only caught the last moves 💀 but i tried to recreate it on chess.com here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRtERLH5cc
Mar 13, 9:23 AM
Nov 2019
Ricel123 said:

Creating a chess opening in a show by following some book moves is easy. Not falling into botez gambit is hard.
Mar 13, 3:51 PM
Mar 2022
Ricel123 said:

Thanks for recreating it!

As a pretty strong cess player (I have participated in world youth championships), the game start is honestly a bit incoherent.

The first moves were
1. b3 c5
2. Bb2 d5
3. d3

But then things start getting messi. In the next cut scene the position seems to be the continuation of the same game, but the white bishop inexpicably moved to b5. But this makes no sense since the pawn on d3 blocks the route of the bishop from f1.

The game continuation is actually how I imagine intermediate chessplayers with a week or some months of preparation would play. Their strength matches the amount of time they spend learning.

The game is not fully consistent, but some pieces progress pretty normally until the climax (where the video begins). There Ayanokoji starts with a suboptimal move Nxe7+ instead Nxd6 wouldve been winning.
Sakayanagi then played Rxe7, which is the optimal move and black has the slight advantage. Ayanokoji then proceeds with Qxe7, which is a losing move. Instead Qc4 seems to hold the position. These moves were all poorly written.

But then out of the blue, the show drops some genius lines. Black plays Qxf3, which is loses the game (Bxf3 would've won), but has an interesting idea: it threatens Qxg2# and seems not be coverable. If gxf3, then Rg6+ and Bxf3 is mate in 2.

But Ayanokoji found a brilliant move after Qxf3. Which is Qg5!! It covers the mate, sacrifices the queen but if black recaptures the Queen, then white can capture blacks Queen and Rg6 is not checkmate anymore.

My verdict: though not coherent, the game was still good by anime standards and the move on the black screen really made the episode worth watching
Mar 13, 4:03 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to Peetrhans
Ricel123 said:

Thanks for recreating it!

As a pretty strong cess player (I have participated in world youth championships), the game start is honestly a bit incoherent.

The first moves were
1. b3 c5
2. Bb2 d5
3. d3

But then things start getting messi. In the next cut scene the position seems to be the continuation of the same game, but the white bishop inexpicably moved to b5. But this makes no sense since the pawn on d3 blocks the route of the bishop from f1.

The game continuation is actually how I imagine intermediate chessplayers with a week or some months of preparation would play. Their strength matches the amount of time they spend learning.

The game is not fully consistent, but some pieces progress pretty normally until the climax (where the video begins). There Ayanokoji starts with a suboptimal move Nxe7+ instead Nxd6 wouldve been winning.
Sakayanagi then played Rxe7, which is the optimal move and black has the slight advantage. Ayanokoji then proceeds with Qxe7, which is a losing move. Instead Qc4 seems to hold the position. These moves were all poorly written.

But then out of the blue, the show drops some genius lines. Black plays Qxf3, which is loses the game (Bxf3 would've won), but has an interesting idea: it threatens Qxg2# and seems not be coverable. If gxf3, then Rg6+ and Bxf3 is mate in 2.

But Ayanokoji found a brilliant move after Qxf3. Which is Qg5!! It covers the mate, sacrifices the queen but if black recaptures the Queen, then white can capture blacks Queen and Rg6 is not checkmate anymore.

My verdict: though not coherent, the game was still good by anime standards and the move on the black screen really made the episode worth watching
@Peetrhans thank you for the analysis, interesting indeed
Mar 13, 5:50 PM
Nov 2022
My friends and I have done the Chess Analysis in lichess study
https://lichess.org/study/QVxpVRg1/QCbVjU8V
We rush but the report is done from the chess players' perspective
Hope u like it
Mar 17, 12:03 AM

Jan 2020
White had a completely winning position.
be happy
Mar 18, 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Gambit_My_Life
My friends and I have done the Chess Analysis in lichess study
https://lichess.org/study/QVxpVRg1/QCbVjU8V
We rush but the report is done from the chess players' perspective
Hope u like it
@Gambit_My_Life Great study buddy!
Mar 18, 4:21 AM
Sep 2015
Reply to DarkSpaceVRP
White had a completely winning position.
@DarkSpaceVRP
Yeah but white lost the advantage with Nxe7 and then pretty much blundered the game with Qxe7. However black blunders right back with Qxf3 giving white the winning position back.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

185 by obstinix »»
May 27, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

155 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

136 by ANIk_003 »»
May 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 13, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.