Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 6:52 PM

Sep 2020
Far better than S1. Love it.
Jan 15, 8:03 PM

May 2015
JJK progresses the plot through fights... like basically any other shonen. Idk what this critique is about because there is gradual plot progression. Shibuya turns from a somewhat manageable situation(episodes 10-14) to unmanageable by episode 15. Situation escalates to a point that the incident can't be covered up anymore, good guys are dying and the MC goes through a giant string of character development. Situation ends with the villains winning and the status quo of the series is turned on its head.

You said the Yuji vs Mahito fight for example didn't amount to much because Geto was the one who absorbed him anyways but the fight in of itself still mattered. Yuji's in-story purpose was to weaken Mahito for Geto. Everything that happens in this arc is in service of the villains completing their goals. Even Sukuna vs Jogo which you also said didn't matter had a secondary purpose in further characterizing Sukuna'mentality and teased his abilities which will come back up. Again, the fights all have purpose in further layering the world.
EmblemzJan 15, 8:16 PM

Jan 15, 9:12 PM

Sep 2014
Why does god need a reason to do what he wants? That’s sukuna’s logic. Jogo pissed him off so he put him in his place. Literally the second Sukuna incarnated in Yuji in S1EP1 he asks where the women and children are. He wants destruction. This is the first time he has been able to let loose because it’s the first time he’s been in control for more than a minute (due to the 15 fingers). The Mahoraga fight has been hinted at for ages. Megumi has been trying to summon him (at least 5 times in S1 - I rewatched it) so no surprise there he summoned him when on deaths door. Sukuna would want to fight it for the aforementioned reasons.

Your point about Nobara - there are senseless deaths daily. Why does a death have to “make sense?” I LOVE nobara so I’m very upset about it but that’s also just how life is. It’s unfair and sudden. It just further went to drive the point home that they’re all outmatched and being a jujutsu sorcerer is a terrible and dangerous occupation. I completely understand Geto’s spiral.

This season was a 10/10 for me. Prequel arc was perfect and shibuya was perfect. I also like dark stories so the vibes were everything. It’s not for everyone but it was exactly what I was looking for. Now, if gege decides to kill everyone else and make the most depressing end ever I will be ready to change my opinions. I don’t think I can handle a totally hopeless ending.
Jan 15, 9:19 PM
Sep 2014
season was a solid seven really turned it on late. animation was real good too.
Jan 15, 10:51 PM

Apr 2022
it was better than s1 but ye it's still overrated. the way they hyped was as if it was gonna be shogun assassination levels of good but shibuya still not even a top 10 arc. definitely the best arc in jjk though.
Jan 15, 11:34 PM
Aug 2021
ryzxgum said:
it was better than s1 but ye it's still overrated. the way they hyped was as if it was gonna be shogun assassination levels of good but shibuya still not even a top 10 arc. definitely the best arc in jjk though.

Nothing can ever top shogun assassination🤞🏻🤞🏻 as much as I love jjk though I figured that it wasn’t going to live up to the hype for anime-onlies considering a majority of the season was made up of fights. I personally think the culling games is a better arc as there’s a lot more plot development happening and some really good characters are introduced so if season 2 wasn’t up to your standards, I think season 3 might be.
Jan 15, 11:47 PM

Dec 2020
a0t3a said:
jjk isn't a plot driven show buddy. it's a drama. it uses action to heighten the drama. you caring about the plot is kinda stupid.

This is the weakest defense of season 2 I’ve ever heard. What’s the point of watching it if not for the plot?
For some shows I get it. Really ecchi shows or more moe slice of life type stuff you don’t really watch for the plot.
But for pretty much everything else, it’s all about the story and characters. The plot. And having pretty much the entire story on a standstill for like 18 episodes of nonstop fighting is so unbelievably boring. Fight scenes are great, but several hours of nonstop action with no real substance behind it isn’t.
AkuyaJan 15, 11:56 PM
Jan 16, 12:29 AM
Feb 2021
notrod said:
I don't understand why this season is so highly regarded when it was just literally all fighting and no actual plot building going on (besides the prequel portion) There was so much fighting in fact that at some point I got lost in the sauce and got confused as to what was even going on. Yeah, the fights were great but like that's the only thing it had going. I feel like the great fights kinda distract from the fact that literally nothing meanful is happening (except Gojo being sealed) and it's people just beating the shit outta each other for the sake of it. Like for example right, Sukuna vs Jogo I know the point their fight was too get Sukuna to work for them right but we all know that Jogo wasn't landing a hit so if we're really being realistic the fight was pointless they basically put a 2 mile hole in Shibuya cause they could. There was no consequences (except Yuji losing a lil of his sanity) or gains for that fight it just happened cause why not.

Something disappointing was them putting all that work to beat Mahito just for him to get absorbed and have all that effort wasted. I feel like some of these new Gen shows focus too much on stuff like fighting and forget to build and engaging story. I also feel like the ending had a lot of loose ends too. There were so much people that you just have no idea what happened to them or were just killed off for the sake of the illusion that the show had meaning at that moment. Like when Nobura supposedly died what did her death do for the everyone alive or for the story. Did it give anyone the power or encouragement to beat someone? Was it as pivotal as Gojo being sealed? Did her death have any effect in the grand scheme in the season or show? Did her death accomplish anything at all? No. What do you think about this season?

It’s beyond great and one of the best anime seasons in years which makes me to think you’re oblivious. You have Baki and Bleach in your favorites… Bro your literal argument is that the whole season is pointless because it’s just fighting? Baki and Bleach plot is pure fighting and action and they have worse animation so I really don’t see why you’re complaining unless you’re bias or you don’t like insanely high tier action animation.
Jan 16, 1:08 AM
Dec 2020
RagingAsianGuy said:
notrod said:
I don't understand why this season is so highly regarded when it was just literally all fighting and no actual plot building going on (besides the prequel portion) There was so much fighting in fact that at some point I got lost in the sauce and got confused as to what was even going on. Yeah, the fights were great but like that's the only thing it had going. I feel like the great fights kinda distract from the fact that literally nothing meanful is happening (except Gojo being sealed) and it's people just beating the shit outta each other for the sake of it. Like for example right, Sukuna vs Jogo I know the point their fight was too get Sukuna to work for them right but we all know that Jogo wasn't landing a hit so if we're really being realistic the fight was pointless they basically put a 2 mile hole in Shibuya cause they could. There was no consequences (except Yuji losing a lil of his sanity) or gains for that fight it just happened cause why not.

Something disappointing was them putting all that work to beat Mahito just for him to get absorbed and have all that effort wasted. I feel like some of these new Gen shows focus too much on stuff like fighting and forget to build and engaging story. I also feel like the ending had a lot of loose ends too. There were so much people that you just have no idea what happened to them or were just killed off for the sake of the illusion that the show had meaning at that moment. Like when Nobura supposedly died what did her death do for the everyone alive or for the story. Did it give anyone the power or encouragement to beat someone? Was it as pivotal as Gojo being sealed? Did her death have any effect in the grand scheme in the season or show? Did her death accomplish anything at all? No. What do you think about this season?

It’s beyond great and one of the best anime seasons in years which makes me to think you’re oblivious. You have Baki and Bleach in your favorites… Bro your literal argument is that the whole season is pointless because it’s just fighting? Baki and Bleach plot is pure fighting and action and they have worse animation so I really don’t see why you’re complaining unless you’re bias or you don’t like insanely high tier action animation.

people keep on bringing Baki being in my favorites like it means something. I can't like Baki or Bleach lmao?
Jan 16, 2:28 AM
Apr 2022
the fact you had to include those exceptions dismisses your point. yes it’s true that the end results may be pointless, but that does not take away from the fights and is not true. for example, the mahito fight was a big result of nanami’s death (pretty big event) and it again revealed yuji’s resolve of being a good person, wanting to save people, and caring about others. i understand what you mean about the mahito fight being pointless when kenjaku eats him, but the fact that it is “meaningless” does not take away from the plot at all. while it may seem that way, yuji still fought extremely hard for something he believed in and he even discovered more about himself. mahito helped him realize that they are the same and that he will always save people with no second thought. this is merely the second season and for all we know it can just be leading to more, so it can’t be seen as meaningless. gojo’s sealing was also pivotal if you didn’t realize because it literally gives the villains an upperhand, which was the purpose. kugisaki’s “death” was also planned to unhinge yuji, and it leads to much greater character development and plot. it deepens the show’s plot and intensity as many other shows do not kill off main characters, like as MHA or OP (no hate just saying). i personally liked the fact she might be dead because even though it was shocking and tragic, it made me much more interested and invested.
Jan 16, 2:59 AM
Jul 2017
You just sound like one of those old heads. “Back in my day everything was quality”

If it’s not for you then just say that. You’re obviously in the minority seeing that this season ranks top 25 all-time among all anime

Think of this like Elden Ring; where the story is rich but not so blatant to the people who don’t look past the surface
Jan 16, 3:26 AM
May 2022
I enjoyed it a lot, but I do somewhat agree. I got to numb to all the fighting sooner than I’d like, although the Hidden Inventory arc was fantastic.
Jan 16, 5:56 AM
Dec 2023
It was amazing stop
Ereh2006Jan 16, 6:01 AM
Jan 16, 6:49 AM
Apr 2023
notrod said:

Short answer:
1. It's a battle shonen.
2. Not everything is One Piece.
3. Some of your points are just dumb.
Jan 16, 6:52 AM
Apr 2023
ktg said:
No, this was a KnY Katanakaji no Sato-hen, but with worse quality in almost all aspects.
Compared to S1 this was definitely worse.

You don't really need to think about it. Most people don't care about logic, plot holes, or quality. If they can enjoy it, then it is a good show for them.
Like people still kept praising the animation when even the animators told them it's not that good.

Ok, comparing JJK s2 to KNY s3 is just another level of stupid, and so is saying that it didn't have good animation.
Jan 16, 7:18 AM
May 2022
it could have been better but thanks to mappa animation screwed up
Jan 16, 8:52 AM

Aug 2020
It seemed better in the manga, but I can say it was a good/decent one.

Jan 16, 9:24 AM

Jan 2021
I also noticed the plot was weak, but I don't watch JJK for the plot

On the action side it delivered just as promised
Jan 16, 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
I thought it was great for the very same reason you seem to dislike it. The fights really is where JJK shines, because MAPPA is amazing and they bring some of the best animation to the table. I'm sorry, but if you read the manga, you'll quickly come to find out that gege isn't much of a story writer. The story itself isn't gonna get complicated, or deep. It's a battle shounen and this is what it is. It's just not going to be something deep or complex.

Enjoy the amazing fights, the animation, and the tiktok edits. Otherwise it might just not be for you.

S3 is about to be more of the same ngl and I'm all up for it.
Jan 16, 5:14 PM

Oct 2022
The season was amazing, it might not be your cup of tea and thats alright

Yes, this was a whole "fighting" season, but in my humble opinion it did what many other shows forget: it gives consequences, thats why many people couldnt wait for the next episode to see if a character lives or dies. We knew the whole world (of Jujustsu) was going to change, many characters died and wont comeback. This is for me a pivotal point, many seasons are hyped like "Show changing!!!" and then every mayor/beloved character is just defeated but never killed, and in the end we are not very far from where we were before the season.
Jan 16, 7:41 PM

Aug 2020
It was pretty meh. I cant say I give a shit about Nobara dying. Looking for a little more meat than just shock value. Show still fails to sell me on any other character except Gojo/Geto. I think I only enjoyed the first part of S2 lol...

A far cry from what the community hyped up as "the best written battle shounen arc of all time."
Keep scrolling
Jan 16, 8:20 PM
Sep 2022
well it was a bit over hyped
Jan 16, 8:57 PM

Oct 2022
Jujutsu Kaisen's appeals isn't exactly the plot but I will disagree with you in that JJK has bad plot. The entire point of Shibuya Incident (at least I see it) is that it's choatic disaster. So I would I understand if someone criticism is that that's not enough nuances in the themes (tho I think It did good job), death only really have shock values, I would understand that but it doesn't have bad plot. We can clearly see the grand impact of Shibuya Incidents and I think you forgot that not everything in life have a "point" you know. Maybe you've been cleaning your room and moving things and earthquake happened and shit got rekted. Does your action before have a point now? That's how I feel about the shibuya, it's everything that can go wrong, going wrong. And yes, it's not the best thing ever written but it knew what it want to do, and did it well. Characters are likeable and badass, shit are chaotic, it's just pure action fun and I'm fine with that. I watch Jackie Chan for its cool ass stunts and it's fine. Not everything need to be Vinland Saga or Berserk to be good.
Jan 17, 12:26 AM
Feb 2021
i am not even a big fan but this season was crazy
Jan 17, 12:59 AM

Aug 2021
ya felt more if the same
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 17, 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
a0t3a said:
Gatsubey said:
1- Nobara’s death was sudden. That’s what makes it THAT tragic. Who said that it’s supposed to be for something? It was “sudden”. And I don’t think she’s alive. That guy who said that she might be alive was just optimistic.
2- Yes it was a lot action. But that action was not meaningless. It was dark and brutal.
3- What do you mean “Literally nothing meaningful is happening”? What do you mean with that?
After villians captured Gojo all other friends and students of Gojo literally destroyed. They couldn’t do almost anything.
4- All the effort of Yuji to kill Mahito went nothing you said, and I almost agree with it. So, what’s the problem? Mahito still died. But Geto absorbed his powers. Their effort was not good enough because villians are so strong.
5- JJK season 2 is really a dark story. Literally villians won at that season. If you’re looking for a story optimistic, then JJK is not for you anymore. This season was so dark and that’s what makes it that good.

bro nobara is coming back💀 her status is unknown while all the actually dead people are dead💀 there's no point introducing a character saying she has a chance to come back if she didn't have a change to come back😭😭😭😭😭😭 SHES ALIVE I KNOW IT😭😭😭

thats just cope😭😭😭
Jan 17, 3:24 PM
Apr 2020
AkuyaSama said:
a0t3a said:
jjk isn't a plot driven show buddy. it's a drama. it uses action to heighten the drama. you caring about the plot is kinda stupid.

This is the weakest defense of season 2 I’ve ever heard. What’s the point of watching it if not for the plot?
For some shows I get it. Really ecchi shows or more moe slice of life type stuff you don’t really watch for the plot.
But for pretty much everything else, it’s all about the story and characters. The plot. And having pretty much the entire story on a standstill for like 18 episodes of nonstop fighting is so unbelievably boring. Fight scenes are great, but several hours of nonstop action with no real substance behind it isn’t.

you need to lay off whatever is it you're doing maybe hop back on your meds💀 jjk is from the first episode a character driven drama💀its not a defense it's a blatant fact. if you're mad the plot of a character driven drama isn't amazing I'm sorry but you need to fucking cope. the plot is about some kid eating fucking finger that's not very interesting if you ask me💀 which it doesn't need to be cause omg I don't know if I've said it yet but it's a fucking character driven drama action series.

I ate
a0t3aJan 17, 7:56 PM
Jan 17, 3:29 PM
Apr 2020
FatesEnvy said:
a0t3a said:

bro nobara is coming back💀 her status is unknown while all the actually dead people are dead💀 there's no point introducing a character saying she has a chance to come back if she didn't have a change to come back😭😭😭😭😭😭 SHES ALIVE I KNOW IT😭😭😭

thats just cope😭😭😭

if that two piece loser can get put back together NOBARA CAN COME BACK TOO😭😭😭
Jan 17, 11:22 PM
May 2016
Reply to sayaka_thefraud
ktg said:
No, this was a KnY Katanakaji no Sato-hen, but with worse quality in almost all aspects.
Compared to S1 this was definitely worse.

You don't really need to think about it. Most people don't care about logic, plot holes, or quality. If they can enjoy it, then it is a good show for them.
Like people still kept praising the animation when even the animators told them it's not that good.

Ok, comparing JJK s2 to KNY s3 is just another level of stupid, and so is saying that it didn't have good animation.
@someshinobustan No, the "another level of stupid" is when you think you can't compare certain shows, while you actually can.
Btw, you called JJK S2's animators stupid. :DDDD
This just proves how blindfolded people are when it comes to their favorite shows. Again, JJK S2's animators said it, not me, not you, not a random person, the animators themselves.
Jan 18, 2:59 AM
Dec 2015
It reallly wasn't. I couldn't follow half the stuff that was going on both visually and lingo wise. Gege's writing feels pretentious, trying hard to be pseudo intellectual. Mappa's action sequences have always bothered me and given me headaches because of the way the Cinematography is choreographed and this season was the worst with it. It feels like a complete mess. Mindless action sequences for 4 episodes straight is not an impressive feat.

Yuta Okkotsu was the only redeeming part i.e last 2 mins of the finale.

4/10
Jan 19, 3:20 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to a0t3a
AkuyaSama said:
a0t3a said:

you need to lay off whatever is it you're doing maybe hop back on your meds💀 jjk is from the first episode a character driven drama💀its not a defense it's a blatant fact. if you're mad the plot of a character driven drama isn't amazing I'm sorry but you need to fucking cope. the plot is about some kid eating fucking finger that's not very interesting if you ask me💀 which it doesn't need to be cause omg I don't know if I've said it yet but it's a fucking character driven drama action series.

I ate
@a0t3a Holy fucking mald bro it's like you didn't even read what I wrote. Character driven drama? Bro it's a fucking battle shounen what are you on? Not saying that a battle shounen can't have interesting character dynamics, but JJK most definitely isn't one of them. The characters in JJK are about as underdeveloped as your brain. They're the most cliche stereotypical characters you could possibly write for a shounen. And where the hell are you going to find room to fit in drama for these characters when 90% of the entire show is nothing but action sequences.
Jan 19, 4:39 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to Akuya
a0t3a said:

@AkuyaSama
Nonstop action is fun for me and for some people too
Jan 19, 11:19 PM

Dec 2020
This series was made for people who like actions and fights, with a little story behind those fights.
From start, JJk was not made to have a really deep and top tier plot.
For example, you watch Nichijou for the comedy, not the story. You watch Violet Evergarden for the feels, not for the actions
And (I dunno if this is a hot take) you watch JJk for the fights, not the deep lore or plot like other drama series like Monster or Death Note.

I understand why u don't like it cuz it has too many fights and I won't force you to like this season.
I personally enjoyed it because I like animations and fights in general and I gave jjk s2 9.5/10
Do I wish Shibuya Incident has more story instead of just fights? Maybe. But this season is def an orgasm for heavy action animes fans like me

JJk's target audience is for people who likes fights, not people who wants to get invested in stories with a lot of plot twitst, mind games, deep lore, etc.

Don't get me wrong shonen fans, JJk's plot is still great and above "fine" unlike those 80% of isekais that has the exact same copy pasted shitty plot out there
HEBI_TANJan 19, 11:31 PM
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Jan 20, 12:17 AM
Apr 2020
AkuyaSama said:
@a0t3a Holy fucking mald bro it's like you didn't even read what I wrote. Character driven drama? Bro it's a fucking battle shounen what are you on? Not saying that a battle shounen can't have interesting character dynamics, but JJK most definitely isn't one of them. The characters in JJK are about as underdeveloped as your brain. They're the most cliche stereotypical characters you could possibly write for a shounen. And where the hell are you going to find room to fit in drama for these characters when 90% of the entire show is nothing but action sequences.

"Shonen" isn't a genre babe💀 its a gendered age demographic. It's literally for adolescent boys💀 you stupid fucking anime people need to stop ruining media criticism by making up fake terms for your anime to not be held to the same standard as all tv. Get a fucking grip
Jan 20, 12:22 AM
Apr 2020
AkuyaSama said:

are you really that fucking daft that you can't realize a fact of visual media💀 action is used to heighten drama. Just because you obviously don't like this show doesn't mean your very bad and poorly thought-out media criticism is valid and/or interesting
Jan 20, 10:50 PM
Apr 2023
ktg said:
@someshinobustan No, the "another level of stupid" is when you think you can't compare certain shows, while you actually can.
This just proves how blindfolded people are when it comes to their favorite shows. Again, JJK S2's animators said it, not me, not you, not a random person, the animators themselves.

no, I'm saying that both shows are in a different dimension when it comes to animation.
Demon slayer provides a stable and constant animation that is smooth through and through whereas JJK, despite having it's weak points, absolutely shatters expectations when necessary.
Jan 21, 12:52 AM
May 2016
sayaka_thefraud said:
ktg said:

no, I'm saying that both shows are in a different dimension when it comes to animation.
Demon slayer provides a stable and constant animation that is smooth through and through whereas JJK, despite having it's weak points, absolutely shatters expectations when necessary.

Not really. I haven't seen any unexpected scenes in JJK, while I've seen a few ones in KnY.
This "unexpected" thing only works if it's truly that good, but because KnY is still the top animation-wise, a worse JJK is not unexpected.

And to be fair, in many cases, the mistakes were introduced in fight scenes, where a battle shounen should normally shine.
Jan 30, 2:22 PM
Jan 2024
it is good, I like my favorite characters getting killed to make a character development for MC by making him suffer. I got addicted to this kind after finishing chainsaw man part 1
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

551 by MACGRYVER »»
2 hours ago

» I hate the manga community ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Sep 23, 2023

63 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

552 by decalcomanic »»
May 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

488 by satomae »»
May 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

368 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
May 25, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.