Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2023 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Expect for fillers, huge majority of people will agree on this one.

For me are the fights Luffy vs X-Boss.

Luffy is the one who get taken down multiple times trough the fight, but every time he miracously manages to recover and level up in order to win. As for the bad guy, one time and you are done. No second chance. Just writing this gives me flashback of Luffy vs Crocodile...
That was the most agonizing part of the entire series and I couldn't wait for it to end.

Plot is pretty much great, but fights and pacing are killing it.
Hopefully, I will be alive once the remake happens so I can enjoy it. That is, if they do the right pacing, I mean they should. They got plenty of source material to go on with.
Dec 27, 2023 12:02 AM
Jul 2023
The only Annoying thing is the Pacing
Dec 27, 2023 12:10 AM
Aug 2023
Some things that some people find annoying about One Piece include:

Pacing

Some say the pacing of the episodes is noticeable, with slow-motion scenes, long reactions, and
monologues.

Recaps

Some say the anime tends to recap almost the entire arc at the beginning of each episode.
Prolonged story arcs
Some fans find some story arcs, like Dressrosa and Wano Country, to be too long and drawn out.

Long Ring Long Island arc

Some fans consider this arc to be the most hated in the series, with some calling it canon filler.
However, others say that One Piece is complex and has multiple storylines, with each saga having multiple arcs.

But for me, I say that the series is entertaining and filled with whimsy, as Luffy travels the world from island to island, each with its setting and theme.
Dec 27, 2023 12:11 AM
Feb 2021
Pacing, padding, inconsistent animation, ruining a lot of godly panels(mainly in Wano) the way-too extra fan service which gives one piece more bad rep than it deserves
Dec 27, 2023 12:18 AM
Feb 2021
Pacing obviously but the thing I didn’t like the most was they never show a main fight in one flow, they start showing other straw hat’s scenarios in between that breaks my link for the fights
Dec 27, 2023 12:25 AM
Jan 2022
pacing and fake out deaths
Dec 27, 2023 1:47 AM
Nov 2021
The running. In every fight there are running. In groups or alone to do something to help the whole team but it takes 3 episodes and always the same running animation.. it's tiring. And the jumping of scenes between all this runnings and Luffy getting punched to a pulp so he grows stronger in the same fight (like a real super Saiyan).
Ah and I didn't understood, why Momo and Luffy took so long to tell Zunesha to defend himself?
Dec 27, 2023 1:57 AM

Jun 2016
I'm annoyed every time Yamato or Oden are on screen. Thankfully their story arc is over.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 27, 2023 1:59 AM
Nov 2021
For me it's the pacing, absurdly long fights and repetitive jokes(like Brook always wants to see panties)
Dec 27, 2023 2:09 AM
Dec 2023
Animation and Pacing for sure.
Dec 27, 2023 2:36 AM
Aug 2020
The fake-out deaths are really bad. They just take out all the tension for a lot of scenes. There wasn’t a single death where I felt much of anything because I didn’t believe they actually died and by the point it was definitely confirmed, it was too late and the moment was permanently ruined
Dec 27, 2023 2:37 AM
Mar 2021
the pacing is slow plus the recap episodes are a waste of time 😑
Dec 27, 2023 2:41 AM

Nov 2023
The most toxic community on Earth, pacing, main protag, so called great world building - adding infinite number of islands for never-ending story.
Dec 27, 2023 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to dzudoKing
The most toxic community on Earth, pacing, main protag, so called great world building - adding infinite number of islands for never-ending story.
dzudoKing said:
adding infinite number of islands for never-ending story.

That's pretty much what makes this series running like forever. And, for me it the good things.
Dec 27, 2023 3:31 AM
Jun 2022
Pacing
The Straw Hats always breaking up when a new arc begins
The animation quality
Dec 27, 2023 3:51 AM
Jun 2023
What I hate the most is that they barely adapt 1 chapter per episode due to which we get repeated and dragged scenes a awful lot of times

Take for example the first gear 5 episode where Luffy releases haki on the rooftop or the Orochi and Hiyori scene

Also the amount of times unwanted scenes pop up in the middle of fights like unskippable ads is really annoying
Dec 27, 2023 6:43 AM
Feb 2022
as most of the people says, it's the pacing issue that bothers me most.
Dec 27, 2023 7:06 AM
Sep 2021
dzudoKing said:

Do you even like something about One Piece? lol

I mean, I wouldn't say your comment counts because I would say that OP probably meant with this Threads (question) people who not only watch/read One Piece but also like/love it. lol

Although, ofc I can't say for sure. OP didn't specify which opinions count for his question. 🤔🤷‍♀️

I'm not hating, btw. lol
Sorry if my comment comes a bit off/rude.😅
I'm just honest. 🤔🤷‍♀️
Dec 27, 2023 7:47 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Loaf_dontcare
dzudoKing said:

Do you even like something about One Piece? lol

I mean, I wouldn't say your comment counts because I would say that OP probably meant with this Threads (question) people who not only watch/read One Piece but also like/love it. lol

Although, ofc I can't say for sure. OP didn't specify which opinions count for his question. 🤔🤷‍♀️

I'm not hating, btw. lol
Sorry if my comment comes a bit off/rude.😅
I'm just honest. 🤔🤷‍♀️
@Loaf_dontcare Well, osts are fine, some arc are too, but in my eyes the main problem (pacing aside) is never-ending story. How can I stay invested after a few visited islands? Author creates island, crew sail there, do this and that - checked. Let's sail to another created island on the fly. Repeat. Maybe someone is really engaged and invested in characters and their adventures, but 1000+ eps of this schema? No, thanks.
Dec 27, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2022
Lucimaru21 said:
For me it's the pacing, absurdly long fights and repetitive jokes(like Brook always wants to see panties)

b-but he cant see.... because hes a skeleton! yohohohoho 💀💀
Dec 27, 2023 11:49 AM

Aug 2019
The pacing, which includes recaps, flashbacks, filler and stalling. I especially dislike it when we get character reaction shots that last like 5 seconds each. Oh and I really hate the sound effects too; the series is over 20 years old yet still uses the same damn sound effects, many of which are just annoying.
Dec 27, 2023 12:06 PM
Mar 2019
Pacing and plot armor always gets me. Also, I like Luffy more as a comedian than a fighter
Dec 27, 2023 12:45 PM
Jan 2022
wedding cakeeeee
Dec 27, 2023 2:12 PM
Oct 2022
the pacing and recaps is so annoying, they could've easily fit these 1080 episodes in half that
Dec 27, 2023 4:50 PM
Aug 2022
Absolutly love the show but its like Fairy Tail. Great show but the lack of real danger in the show or consequences compared to other shows like Akame Ga Kill or even DBZ is a let down.

don't spoil anything please. I'm rewatching now. I'm in the 500s. Used to be in the 700s.
Dec 27, 2023 8:00 PM
Jul 2021
100% agreed with whatever you said.
The pacing and the fights are annoying, if you haven't caught up yet, lemme tell you that this annoying fighting strategy goes on even in the latest arc.
One piece has some of the most beautiful writing I've ever seen but the fights aren't one of them, shitty choreography in fights, just punches & kicks and random sword swing with cool animation idk how people enjoy it.
For me arcs like Water 7, Zou, Saboady & some parts of Wano, these arcs kept me engaged.
Dec 27, 2023 9:27 PM
Sep 2021
icreatenuniown said:
Absolutly love the show but its like Fairy Tail. Great show but the lack of real danger in the show or consequences compared to other shows like Akame Ga Kill or even DBZ is a let down.

don't spoil anything please. I'm rewatching now. I'm in the 500s. Used to be in the 700s.

You do realize that you can revive everyone in DBZ with the Dragonballs??.. xD

I haven't watched Akame ga Kill yet, so I can't say a thing about that. 🤷‍♀️
Although I know spoilers. lol👀

Dec 27, 2023 11:16 PM
Dec 2023
Mostly just pacing , especially in Dressrosa and Whole Cake and the fact that Yamato didn't join the Strawhats.
NenUser187Dec 29, 2023 2:16 AM
Dec 27, 2023 11:33 PM
Sep 2022
pacing and earlier luffy fights because they are so similar it's annoying. Luffy getting packed up most of the fight and then suddenly he gets a mental amp and one shots
Dec 28, 2023 12:12 AM
Jul 2016
off topic but I am of the opinion that I really want the wit studio remake to happen. I want better pacing hype osts for fights. I don't know but I got into this show coz my anime buddy always suggested it but, I never saw it until now. I will say I didn't like the fights animation or the fights.( I'll rate my top fights later)

So I want to be the one to suggest one piece to others after 3 yrs if pacing is good , I wud like better animation , better hype music , I sometimes felt the ost was played at wrong times.

I am up for the remake as it is almost 25 yrs n new people also need to feel it. they cud even improve east blue arc to be less boring, it is where many people leave it , if they want to change then they can do justice to east blue. I want the new generation to enjoy one piece as we old timers did.

my top fights that I can remember are
Rob Lucci vs Luffy enies lobby
zoro vs king
law n kid vs big mom
I didn't like them way too much but yhey were memorable.
Dec 29, 2023 4:37 AM
Oct 2023
How every arc is basically go to an island, find people that are in trouble from some bad guy, fight the bad guy, win, and repeat
Dec 29, 2023 5:21 AM
Jul 2023
You can skip like 8 episodes and not even realise it until they bring something you've never heard of up like 5 episodes later because of how abhorrent the pacing is
Dec 29, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2023
The pacing has killed my interest in it. An enemy is chasing the straw hats for 7 episodes, makes one big leap to be within touching distance, but then the chasing still continues for another 7 episodes. Ridiculous.
Dec 31, 2023 4:48 PM
Mar 2023
Rockyjams909 said:
The only Annoying thing is the Pacing

It’s almost like the series has over 1,000 episodes yet there’s still call the pacing “annoying” or “slow.”
Jan 1, 4:31 PM
Oct 2023
Most annoying things are pacing, which i don't really need to get to, so far I've watched 750 episodes, and ive been watching it for 1,5 years, cause i cant watch over 100 episodes in a row without taking like a month long break to reset my brain, arcs like sky islands, dressrosa and thriller bark really took a lot out of me, and considering each ark is like 100 episodes, they really only have 5-10 good episodes, but you need to watch 80 repeating ones to really understand the stakes. It feels like a never ending grind fest, where you need to watch a lot of shit to get the few good things. Other annoying things are character motivations, luffy in general, fight cutaways, where one fight will be shown for 2 minutes in 10 consecutive episodes in cutaways (like zoro vs pica) and the number of times someone has "died", but no one really dies in the show ever, like not even the villains, even tho everyone says they will kill that guy, like everyone in dressrosa said they would kill doflamingo, only for the mf to make as a prisoner for the navy.
Jan 4, 1:41 AM
May 2022
The over sexualisation
Jan 20, 10:04 AM
Jul 2023
When you forget to skip the title and the whole episode gets spoiled for you

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

48 by nickehhhhhh »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

54 by nickehhhhhh »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 580 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FrostToaster - Jan 12, 2013

86 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 579 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AnimePoop - Jan 5, 2013

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 902 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Sep 14, 2019

58 by scarywolf143 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.