Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2023 4:28 PM
Jul 2021
Thank you Attack On Titan, It's been a pleasure
Nov 5, 2023 4:37 PM
Nov 2020
sucks, meet balls eren looks more like a virgin than i ever did in my entire life, and i thought i was as low as virgin goes
Nov 5, 2023 4:41 PM

Feb 2017
the end of an era for me. i started watching aot when i was in the middle of high school and i'm now 2 years post university graduation. so many spoilers along the way, but it didn't deter my interest. even when i was barely able to follow the storyline, i still kept watching. unfortunately a couple months ago, i had eren's head being cut off spoiled for me by some rando in a thread for an anime that has nothing to do with aot. was soooooooo close to being able to say i didn't spoil the ending. man, i couldn't have anything with this show. i've never seen so many spoilers for a single story in my entire life. i had no expectations for the ending,, there were some things i liked and some i didn't. my understanding is that the manga ending differs? so i know i have to read the manga for sure in the near future.

edit: seems the manga ending actually doesn't really differ that much? i'll still read the whole story over again - too many things that i've forgotten
amagirinomikotoNov 5, 2023 5:10 PM

placeholder text
Nov 5, 2023 4:46 PM
Jun 2021
perfectamente animado, todo
Nov 5, 2023 5:00 PM
Jul 2023
All the manga readers said it was trash, however, I think this was actually damn near the best ending there could've possibly been for this show. From what I have seen, the people who strongly dislike this ending make weird interpretations of things, especially about Eren's character, which I think are wrong. This show was an amazing adventure and I expect it to be remembered as one of the GOATs.
Nov 5, 2023 5:01 PM
May 2022
peak fiction, anyone that says otherwise is just stupid
Nov 5, 2023 5:02 PM
Aug 2021
i cried so fuckin much
Nov 5, 2023 5:06 PM
Oct 2022
Everyone shut up, its good.
Nov 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Jul 2007
I don't really understand why some people hated the ending. I sure loved it and I ended up clapping just now. I'm speechless.

The scenes at the credits sure left it open for a new series maybe? But I think it was a great ending and there's no need to do anything else now (especially after years and years happened after the ending of course, so new characters should be introduced)
Nov 5, 2023 5:14 PM

May 2016
What happened? i still do not get the ending lol
Nov 5, 2023 5:18 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to Kayle_x_Morgana
What happened? i still do not get the ending lol
@Kayle_x_Morgana All the story happened because a loli rape victim who "loved" her rapist king wanted some random bitch 2000 years in the future to kill her genocidal boyfriend to "prove" that you can escape the "slavery" of "love" (I freaking cringed just typing that). That's all you need to know.
Nov 5, 2023 5:47 PM
Jan 2018
I can't speak for everyone else, but as far as I am concerned the whole story was pointless. I've been watching since the beginning. I even watched that dumb high school SnK anime. The Wit stuff was enjoyable. Never amazing, like people on the internet say, but a solid 8/10. Then MAPPA took over.

When MAPPA came on, it was at the same time all the biggest story mysteries had been answered. The Survey Corp had done everything. So of course, the next step was a time skip. Eren became the 2010s version of Sasuke. Tons of fans hating on him despite his very real reasons for doing dark things and other people on the other side defending everything he did.

I was almost always team Sasuke, but Eren became unrelatable to me after he grew up. The story boxed itself into two paths right around here. Either Eren dies or he succeeds and everyone dies. Considering how dark their world was, I could definitely see Eren pulling it off. But the mangaka found a third path. Eren dies, but still kinda succeeds. This third path ain't it.

If we are doing a Death Note, let our MC go all the way. If we are doing a Code Geass, give our MC a great redemption. In the end, all the story is about is the fact that everything sucks and always will. Which is a great sentiment. I personally believe in it. But when I see this sentiment in anime, I want a daring compelling ending alongside of it. Eren gets to have his cake. But then it falls on the ground and he can't finish it. That's pretty frustrating for anybody. But even more so for a viewer expecting a payoff for all the narrative risks the mangaka took.

There was no pay off and honestly, if you want to watch an anime about how humans suck, there are plenty of movies, OVAs, and 12 episode anime that make the same point as good as if not better than SnK. Vinland Saga season 2 aired this year and also told an imperfect story about how human suck. Also it's longer than 12 episodes. But it accomplished more in 24 episodes than SnK did with 2 seasons and 2 movies.

Isayama couldn't stick the landing for his story. Most mangaka don't stick the landing. I put Yu Yu Hakusho on a pedestal, but it doesn't stick the landing either. Off top, the only epic manga I read that stuck the landing was Akira. Akira the movie definitely didn't, but I digress. I don't expect a solid ending when I read manga or watch anime. I only want 2 things from my time with a story. For the journey the characters took to have meaning, and to go all the way if the writer decides to take ambitious risks in storytelling. To me SnK doesn't do that. Everybody they introduced us to died a long time ago and nothing really changed on their planet. The journey messed up 3/4 through the story and the mangaka just kept going, trying to come up with an ending he could be satisfied with.

But that ending didn't meet my two criteria for a story. If I cared more, I'd be upset that the timeskip arc couldn't match what was going on beforehand. But its perfectly fine as it was only an 8/10 before. Since the timeskip in many ways invalidates what happened before, I give the anime as a whole 7/10. Mikasa was cool and Ymir got as happy an ending as she could get.

Seriously, why does Isayama hate Levi? His life was always horrible and the mangaka can't even let him die peacefully after finally killing Zeke. 1 eye, a messed up leg and a broken body, He can't even clean the way he wants anymore. It's like a reverse Asuka from the last Eva movie.
Nov 5, 2023 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
Well it is over.

As much i am not a big fan of all the extravaganza that happened after S3. I think it is a 10/10 end for the series.

The action was great, the characters got a lot of development, i found funny the nier automata alike end there, but i feel it was good to show war will never end, even without the titans power.
Nov 5, 2023 6:00 PM

Nov 2015

I’m just glad Eren X Mikasa didn’t become canon. Who would want to marry him?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 5, 2023 6:08 PM
Oct 2023
blown away. this anime will go down in history.

P.S. this should be in theaters
Nov 5, 2023 6:50 PM

Oct 2023
Thank you for the past 10 years Attack On Titan. You were always a joy to watch. Your foreshadowing work will continue to be unmatched for years to come.
Nov 5, 2023 6:50 PM
Nov 2018
Mappa did an amazing job on elevating the original manga ending, I actually enjoyed how they ended this. I'm glad they kept the epilogue of the world moving towards the future and still going to shit.

It's been a fun 10 years with all of the ups and downs of this series. AoT is without a doubt the series I will remember the most from the 2010s. Time to grow up now.
Nov 5, 2023 6:52 PM
Feb 2023
cAbaddon said:
70% of 5 star ratings, beautiful, haters must be having a meltdown.

Then you find out that most of 5s and 1s are from bots and newly created accounts and see rating falling down to the point of both defenders like you and haters look as bad as eachother…
Nov 5, 2023 7:15 PM

Sep 2015
10 fucking years waiting for the ending.
Nov 5, 2023 7:17 PM
Nov 2023
FINALYYYY AOT IS END
Nov 5, 2023 7:20 PM
Feb 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Though we did have a bit of recap sort of, or it was just them playing the last few moments of that first episode, it didn’t take long until we jumped into the crux of the matter… when Armin declared his willingness to see the extent of freedom Eren claims to have. Though talks were fine and all, I liked how Eren deployed the 9 titans of the past to obliterate his “used-to-be” friends in the most ruthless way lol.

Pieck did go the obvious “he ain’t my friend so I’ve no hard feelings in taking his head” but jesus christ war hammer piped her like there’s no tomorrow. But what followed was crisp as heck action sequence with odm gear like the old times, where everyone got a chance not only to shine but literally become a star, but that was too short lived, as the moment Armin got taken inside the mouth of this huge ass titan, you know where we were leading to…

… the appearance of the Falco’s flying titan with Annie and Gabi riding his back and saving our avengers just at the right time, very convenient indeed. Sometimes I think the author literally hated Eren, I mean not only the plot armour was as heavy as a star for these people when they were fighting, but even Armin who got eaten, ended up in the paths. Ended up in the paths.. had a conversation with Zeke, and you know his charisma, he can even lead the baddest and dirtiest people out there to change their… thoughts to an extreme extent.

Levi FINALLY KILLED Zeke, and for sure this time, it’s the finals of the final. Though plenty happened in between, but I mean if there’s one thing which I could not get out of my mind was Mikasa's dream… THE WHAT-IF. WHAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED IF EREN THAT DAY INDEED DECIDED TO RUN OFF WITH MIKASA AFTER CONFESSING HIS FEELINGS. Though that’s just a big if in the end, as we know what transpired after that….

… Mappa literally adapted that whole sequence panel by panel where Mikasa CUT EREN’S HEAD OFF AND LITERALLY KISSED HIM.. jesus we didn’t need that with this precision right? Then why lol. And no this ain’t the only thing which we as viewers didn’t want to see in the adaption. THEY ADAPTED THE INFAMOUS, “ I WANT MIKASA TO THINK ABOUT ME AND ME ONLY EVEN AFTER I DIE.. FOR 10 YEARS AT LEAST” , and Eren acting like a… no leave it.

Isayama did my man Eren dirty, people call him a clown these days. Really never wanted to live through these moments ever again, but sigh. Eren was the villain, Eren was the hero, and everything happened according to his will. He suffered in between, a lot, heck sacrificed himself for his friends, but he has become the punching bag of this community, and that would never change.

At least people know Eren was the saviour, or they might not, but that matters not. Avengers won in the end and Eren lost… that’s the ending.. ending of this “of what once used to be” a great great series, because the ending actually didn’t live up to the expectations after all these years of build up. There could be many adjectives we could term the ending with, but let’s leave it at a positive note after all these years.

Mappa did the episode justice, atleast in terms of animating the things. Though you cannot correct what’s already wrong, so… anyways, I don’t know what additions they were talking about, because I didn’t see any. Avengers are messengers of peace, Levi living the retirement life and Mikasa… always waited for Eren.

Goodbye. đź•Š/10.

You’re wrong friend. Eren was just another victim of King Fritz’s abuse. Just like the whole damn world.
Nov 5, 2023 7:21 PM
Oct 2023
A really beautiful and thought-provoking ending.
Nov 5, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 2019
After 10 long years, it has ended. One of the greatest anime ever to exist. Eren, may you rest in peace. SHINZO WO SASAGEYOU!!!!!
Nov 5, 2023 7:26 PM
Dec 2021
Beautiful ending. Left me in an bittersweet feeling knowing that it's finally over.
Nov 5, 2023 7:59 PM
Feb 2019
A great conclusion to an absolutely legendary series.
Nov 5, 2023 8:11 PM
Nov 2016
Attack on Titan is an amazing anime with a mid ending but at least I enjoyed the ending in the anime way more than the manga, why? easy, the manga doesn't have good art so apart from being a weak ending, the so-so art makes it even less enjoyable, at least the anime has pretty damn good animation, plus pretty damn good voice acting, and pretty damn good OST (the OST in the previous seasons is better though) and this alone makes the ending better than the manga, it's still a weak ending, but it makes it better than the manga.

I won't let this mid ending ruin the other awesome things that this anime did correctly, overall, Attack on Titan is a 10/10 anime with a 7/10 ending, it's not the worst ending since there are animes with way... WAY worse endings, the ending could have been better for sure, but the whole ride in this anime was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more.

Plenty of animes lose quality and get shittier in the 2nd season and up, Attack on Titan is one of the few animes that actually managed to have pretty damn good animation in all the seasons so the consistency in this anime is something I praise, plenty of animes fails in this regard and Attack on Titan passed this test with flying colors, seriously, I praise Attack on Titan here.

It was a good ride but every good thing in life has to end sooner or later and it was time for this anime to end and go out with a bang, I will miss this anime, I had so much fun watching it and I will never forget about it, I have fond memories of it since I started watching the 1st season in 2013, what a pretty damn good ride this was, goddamn I sure will miss this anime, I have nothing but respect for this anime and for the studios and animators that did justice to this anime. I will end my comment with a rating of:

10/10
Nov 5, 2023 8:28 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to cAbaddon
70% of 5 star ratings, beautiful, haters must be having a meltdown.
@cAbaddon Anime onlys are now clowning on manga reader for spreading false rumours. Hilarious lol.
Nov 5, 2023 8:44 PM
Mar 2020
Great final for this series, very emotional ending.
Nov 5, 2023 8:50 PM

Aug 2019
no one died except eren that rly makes sense
Nov 5, 2023 8:53 PM

Dec 2008
Lmao the score difference from the anime to de manga xD
LOVED EVERYTHING (well, almost, some “non important moments could be better animated).

Thanks for everything, AoT! Isayama!
Erwin, I still miss you!
Nov 5, 2023 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
all things must com to an end, Shingeki No Kyoujin was an event like no other anime out there an its sad to see it go, this final part had great visuals some fantastic action scenes an its story was gripping for the most part, it stumbles a bit on its ending an Ymir s character remains its biggest flaw

overall i give Shingeki no Kyojin a 9/10, its a must watch anime an it will without a doubt become an all time classic
Nov 5, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Old_School_Akira

I’m just glad Eren X Mikasa didn’t become canon. Who would want to marry him?
@Old_School_Akira It's so painfully bad, and people are eating it right up. Normoids will happily consume whatever slop you put in front of them with a smile.
Nov 5, 2023 9:28 PM
Feb 2013
great & masterpiece
Nov 5, 2023 9:39 PM
Feb 2020
i sad. i cri.............................
Apr 2020
thanks .. and an amazing ways to ending the anime. in this last ep i laugh, cry, shout and overhalll happiness to know that it did end with a conclusion . thanks Hajime sensei

Nov 2016
Actual dog water ending, don't really know why they weren't able to animate everything at the same time and make just one season, the space between all the "final season"s has been terrible for the continuity of the anime. 30mins of this last episode were Armin and Mikasa remembering useless shit and dreaming bullshit. Ymir is literally stupid, like stupid stupid, Eren is stupid, like stupid stupid.

The data also fails, somehow Eren managed to kill 80% of humanity, meaning that some titans almost took a complete round around the Earth, but the titans that were going straight to the land where Reiner's mom was, weren't able to kill them, because they took a train?? okey ig.

The ending song is fire tho.
And yes, Im glad this is over, the 2 first seasons are the only ones worth watching btw.
Nov 5, 2023 9:42 PM
Dec 2019
This has to be the most weak ending to a show ive seen ever, i love everything up to season 3 part 2 it literally was the peak of all that season 1 had built and then there is this, Season 4 lowkey lost me ever since the whole WW2 parallels started. Which brings me to question why did we get all of that but not a few more episodes to build up to this ending. I dont hate it per se. But none of it was eluded to prior to all of this.

First of all, the conversation between Eren and Armin not that bad, the whole "we'll see each other in hell" is peak bromance with these two and i love it. But, the "its because im an idiot" part sucks ass, Erens mom calling him special for being born was worth nothing? Doesn't really justify it since the dialogue makes himself a scapegoat for his motive to kill his mother. What? How? and Why?Mind you this supposedly happens when he was in Paths with Zeke the same period of time where he forced his dad to kill the Reiss family. Its made even worse since, their conversation happens when Eren just left Paradis for the rumbling, so Eren, the guy who can manipulate his own father through time, the guy who embodies one of the most prominent themes of the show, somehow cannot force all of heaven and earth on himself to find a better way of resolving the conflict? And don't say he killed his mom to save Bertholdt for Armin later, then why does he not force the Marley trio to infiltrate the walls differently with the hundreds of pure titans roaming outside of the walls?

To add to that, how does a demi-god like Ymir get convinced to switch sides after comitting the rumbling for 1 day, which to her should feel like a really long time, is it cause of Armin's speech? If she was Stockholm Syndromed into loving Fritz then why is it Eren that gets the boot? Its not like Mikasa is going to kill the the only remaining royal (Hystoria) once she returned to Paradis either. So why switch sides now?

The plot armor was immensely thick here, Pieck being able to transform multiple times in a row is such an ass pull, why do we only get this info now? (Unless i missed it in S4). I'm pretty sure Reiner having his neck ,where the nape usually is, being blown off would kill him, i guess not. I find it is bat shit annoying how no one but Mikasa, made any meaningful sacrifices at the supposed "Battle of Heaven and Earth" nobody lost anything, sure they lost hope, but nothing tangible was lost, since everyone needs to win somehow.

Its even worse since, it wasn't earned like when Eren got to the basement, it was already built up to that point all the clues and hints were there and pointed to there being more than only the walls of Rose, Sina and Maria. Here, they never explained any of what was going on, we never get an explanation of how Paths works, how Eren manipulated his Father and then never building up to how that would make him commit matricide either. Instead lets focus on who the Marleyans are. Honestly, if i was a manga reader id be pissed of too, at the very least, the conversation between Armin and Eren, except for when eren calls himself stupid proved that Isayama isnt all as bad as the manga readers claim him to be.

Tl;dr Nothing was earned in this finale like back in S3P2, wish that S4 was spent building up to this instead of whatever we got, Armin/Eren convo is good, but Eren isnt stupid. "Battle of heaven and earth" more like "Battle of plot armor and scapegoat".
JerhomNov 5, 2023 9:49 PM
Nov 5, 2023 9:43 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to raffyzita
@Kayle_x_Morgana All the story happened because a loli rape victim who "loved" her rapist king wanted some random bitch 2000 years in the future to kill her genocidal boyfriend to "prove" that you can escape the "slavery" of "love" (I freaking cringed just typing that). That's all you need to know.
@raffyzita The fact that you can tell someone that this is the synopsis (without mentioning the titan's bullshit) and it will be true is amazing.
Nov 5, 2023 9:46 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Daroman
@Old_School_Akira It's so painfully bad, and people are eating it right up. Normoids will happily consume whatever slop you put in front of them with a smile.
@Daroman How can you say that while keeping Neon Genesis Evangeline in your favourite ? Lol
Nov 5, 2023 9:52 PM
Apr 2021
it was a good ending
Nov 5, 2023 10:04 PM
Dec 2020
Dammit.

Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, DAMN IT.

Just before the first special came out, there was a rumor floating around about the ending of the anime diverging from that of the manga because of how many people hated it. So, I read what hadn't been adapted after season 6 (S4P2). And then the first special followed the manga to a T, but hey, there was still another hour or so left, things could still change up.

Or not.

And I was really excited for this episode, too. There was a six-month wait between this one and the last, and my dad had finally gotten caught up with the anime, so we watched it together. And it ended up just being the same damn thing that I read all the way back in February.

Now, I actually liked the ending. I may be a Jaegarist myself, but outside of the romantic stuff, I liked how it played out, how Eren absolutely broke down at the end.

Even still, I was disappointed in myself for believing the internet and spoiling myself on an ending ten years in the making. I will not be reading Steel Ball Run before the anime.

Also, I've heard of an fan ending for this show where the Rumbling succeeds and Eren hooks up with Historia. I think I'll have to read that.
Nov 5, 2023 10:10 PM

Mar 2023
really sad to see this one go, I think I'll be thinking of this anime for years! :D
lots of love to Isayama for this beautiful story <3
Nov 5, 2023 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
The greatest fictional story to ever come to fruition.
Nov 5, 2023 10:37 PM
Aug 2020
what a terrible way to end an absolutely amazing series
Nov 5, 2023 10:38 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to otherhalfling
@YamsMuncher It's looking even way worse after the episode finally aired, 9,000 votes later :\ it was 6.7 when I posted that, at least. Now it's 6.2.

I don't like going by IMDb votes, either, but they said MAL was the only place AoT was getting hate.
@otherhalfling Check now looks like its 8.5 now
Nov 5, 2023 10:41 PM

Nov 2022
The ending is well executed than the manga. It propagated the intended message pretty well. Yeagerists can suck Floch's cock, I love this ending and the credits time lapse. History repeats itself, and Eren is an unfortunate victim of its vicissitudes. A bittersweet conclusion.
Nov 5, 2023 10:53 PM

Mar 2018
Well idk what to talk about the ending and i don't think it's easy to understand this ending either but obviously for such a great series the ended should have been the best, and i think it was fine enough to digest not bad not great but I'm still okay with it ;) Been watching it since it for a long time now, well Good bye AOT, good bye eren ;)
Nov 5, 2023 11:15 PM
May 2021
An amazing end to an amazing series
Nov 5, 2023 11:18 PM
Jul 2011
End of an era though the way Final Season was stretched out was kind of ridiculous, anime-only viewers finally caught up with manga readers. The adaptation was great, good music choices but nothing can really be done about that ending. In some ways I respect Hajime Isayama for sticking to his guns. Power of Titans is gone but conflict still rages on. Love it or hate it AoT impact on anime fandom was huge. It was a helluva ride and fun journey. Good bye AoT. *tips my hat*.
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

Feb 2014
Alright I watched it. The fundamental flaws of the ending are still the same as the manga, but they at least adapted the final fight really well. They also expanded on more of “Ymir’s love” which made like no sense in the manga, but here they made it seem like she was shackled by the “love” and it was misguided. She was a slave to her “love” (which wasn’t really love). The scene of her impaling the king and hugging her daughters shows you what she really wish she had done. So they at least made that more consistent with her character.

They attempted to give Eren a bit more agency with his decisions and tried to make the fate angle a bit less pronounced, but it still flopped hard. Eren said himself: he’s an idiot. He was both simultaneously bonded by fate and it was him who picked this decision. It’s kind of confusing. Isayama just overcomplicated this and it really took a big hit to Eren’s character. His Mikasa rant was just as cringey as the manga too *sigh* . One thing that was better is that the flow was slower than the manga and had a bit more time to breathe, but the core flaws remain the same (also Armin saying they’ll meet again in hell was a much better line than him saying thank you for genocide lmao).

I also appreciated that they expanded the very end showing the future. In the manga, it was confusing and we didn’t know how long it took for war to start again. Basically the cycle just renewed again in the future, so all that pain that Eren endeared only maintained peace for a generation or two. Kind of sad, really.

Overall, Attack on Titan is a classic. Despite a lukewarm ending, the journey was well worth it. Some of my favorite moments in anime/manga came from AoT. I’m grateful to have experienced it.
Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

29 by TASM18 »»
Jun 5, 8:43 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

62 by kizumi91 »»
Jun 3, 5:16 PM

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1048 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.