Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I will never be the same, and I could never watch this anime the same way, but this was a masterpiece (spoilers)

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 5, 2023 8:00 AM
Dec 2015
Wow..
It’s hard to put into words how I feel about this episode, first of all this was an absolute masterpiece to say the least, I wouldn’t change a thing about this ending, it’s the best thing I have ever watched in my life. While also being the most painful thing I have ever watched as well.. I have never cried this hard from a show, my heart was physically hurting and even now 3 hours later I can’t stop crying haha.

This was the most perfect ending I’ve ever seen, before that it was Code Geass ending that was my favorite, but AOT one upped it.
I always found it weird how in Code Geass it’s implied that
I have always loved this show for not being afraid to hurt the viewer’s feelings, and man did I get my wish granted with this finale..):

I watched the first 3 seasons so many times before finally watching the 4th last month (I hate cliffhangers so I’ve been waiting for AOT to end for like two years to start the 4th season) and I lived it through other people’s reactions over and over again because that’s the closest I can get to experiencing this masterpiece as if it was for first time, and now, after everything that happened in season 4 I’ll never be able to watch it the same again, it will never be the same and I’ll never be the same.. my mind is beyond blown, I am traumatized beyond words, and I still wouldn’t change a thing. Isayama you are a genius❤️

I’ll end this with a question, maybe something I hope could be an alternative ending, I know I said I wouldn’t change a thing but it’s too painful to not think about “solutions”

This will forever be my favorite piece of media, along with being a huge scar on my heart, thank you for reading.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..
It’s hard to put into words how I feel about this episode, first of all this was an absolute masterpiece to say the least, I wouldn’t change a thing about this ending, it’s the best thing I have ever watched in my life. While also being the most painful thing I have ever watched as well.. I have never cried this hard from a show, my heart was physically hurting and even now 3 hours later I can’t stop crying haha.

This was the most perfect ending I’ve ever seen, before that it was Code Geass ending that was my favorite, but AOT one upped it.
I have always loved this show for not being afraid to hurt the viewer’s feelings, and man did I get my wish granted with this finale..):

I watched the first 3 seasons so many times before finally watching the 4th last month (I hate cliffhangers so I’ve been waiting for AOT to end for like two years to start the 4th season) and I lived it through other people’s reactions over and over again because that’s the closest I can get to experiencing this masterpiece as if it was for first time, and now, after everything that happened in season 4 I’ll never be able to watch it the same again, it will never be the same and I’ll never be the same.. my mind is beyond blown, I am traumatized beyond words, and I still wouldn’t change a thing. Isayama you are a genius❤️

I’ll end this with a question, maybe something I hope could be an alternative ending, I know I said I wouldn’t change a thing but it’s too painful to not think about “solutions”

This will forever be my favorite piece of media, along with being a huge scar on my heart, thank you for reading.

Because if Eren didnt die then the Titan powers would still exist. His whole purpose was to eradicate all of them and he achieved that with his death.
Meanwhile allowing his friends to live and be called Heroes.
It makes sense actually.
Nov 5, 2023 8:15 AM
Dec 2015
Biisoo said:
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

Because if Eren didnt die then the Titan powers would still exist. His whole purpose was to eradicate all of them and he achieved that with his death.
It makes sense actually.

But he had the founders powers which could control Eldian’s bodies, why couldn’t he make it so they can’t turn into titans anymore?):
Nov 5, 2023 8:17 AM

Apr 2015
baryaakov555 said:
Biisoo said:

It makes sense actually.

But he had the founders powers which could control Eldian’s bodies, why couldn’t he make it so they can’t turn into titans anymore?):

Because that was not what Ymir wished for, You see.
Ymir could only be freed from her curse of loving Fritz if Mikasa killed Eren (her loved one). Seeing this, Ymir finally moved on from Fritz.
I think you understand now, The founding powers will work only if Ymir allows it, so no he wont have been able to change Eldian bodies or convert them back to normal.
I hope I made it clear.
Nov 5, 2023 8:20 AM
Jun 2023
baryaakov555 said:
Biisoo said:

It makes sense actually.

Because it’s a curse, (literally called the ‘Curse of Ymir,) and curses are meant to be lifted. The Founding Titan can only alter the anatomy and memories of the Eldians, but a curse placed on the is more of a metaphysical shackle, transcending flesh and thought.
Nov 5, 2023 8:21 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to baryaakov555
Biisoo said:
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

It makes sense actually.

@baryaakov555 I think it turns out that to make those massive changes, you have to convince Ymir to do it. Zeke couldn't convince her to euthanise Eldians, for example. Eren had to be killed by Mikasa for Ymir to realise what she should have done with Fritz...
Nov 5, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 2015
Biisoo said:
baryaakov555 said:

Ymir could only be freed from her curse of loving Fritz if Mikasa killed Eren (her loved one). Seeing this, Ymir finally moved on from Fritz.
I think you understand now, The founding powers will work only if Ymir allows it, so no he wont have been able to change Eldian bodies or convert them back to normal.
I hope I made it clear.

Fuck that makes sense): he had to die.. thank you for clearing that up.
Nov 5, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2015
alpassione said:
baryaakov555 said:

Because it’s a curse, (literally called the ‘Curse of Ymir,) and curses are meant to be lifted. The Founding Titan can only alter the anatomy and memories of the Eldians, but a curse placed on the is more of a metaphysical shackle, transcending flesh and thought.

Isayama thought of everything😫
Nov 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
baryaakov555 said:
Biisoo said:

I hope I made it clear.

Hahaha no problem mate, Glad I could clear that up.
Now you'll see the ending in a whole new light I bet :)
Nov 5, 2023 8:30 AM
Dec 2015
NotDigit said:
@baryaakov555 I think it turns out that to make those massive changes, you have to convince Ymir to do it. Zeke couldn't convince her to euthanise Eldians, for example. Eren had to be killed by Mikasa for Ymir to realise what she should have done with Fritz...

That’s painful.. and knowing Eren knew he’d die and went with his plan knowing it ends with his death, that’s heart wrenching💔 and the scene where he told Armin everything, wow..
Nov 5, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 2015
Biisoo said:
baryaakov555 said:

I can’t wait to watch it again with someone who never watched AOT before, I did it before but after watching season 4 the entire show will feel different, the first thing I’m gonna tell the person I watch it with is “I’m sorry” because this is truly a traumatic experience, one that I’d go though again and again tho haha, I can’t wait for the new manga pages😫
Nov 5, 2023 8:35 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

Code geass ending >>>>aot.
Nov 5, 2023 8:36 AM
Apr 2023
Am rewatching the entire series once again.
AOT is my no.1 favourite Anime, Naruto series is no.2 not the bullshit Boruto just Naruto series, i could watch AOT all day everyday and will not get tired of it.
Nov 5, 2023 8:38 AM
Nov 2023
ok if ymir curse is freed after watching mikasa killing eren then why they show a boy with dog enter the tree just like ymir did. so will there be titans again? or the worm like thing will be inside tree? i got so many questions. someone pls explain
thiness12Nov 5, 2023 8:49 AM
Nov 5, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
Couldn’t agree more with this. I was kind of thinking the same thing with the ending although I personally think CG has a slightly better ending for me. That being said, there are a lot of moments in this episode and all of AoT in general that I’m gonna be thinking about for a long time, and I look forward to revisiting it someday.
Nov 5, 2023 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

AOT’s ending had a much bigger impact on me, and was more realistic in terms of the future after the ending.
Code Geass left you with false hope while AOT did what it does best, crashing your hope. And I’m a masochist when is comes to watching anime haha
Nov 5, 2023 8:46 AM
Dec 2015
TrickyHunter0506 said:
Am rewatching the entire series once again.
AOT is my no.1 favourite Anime, Naruto series is no.2 not the bullshit Boruto just Naruto series, i could watch AOT all day everyday and will not get tired of it.

Same here, I can’t stop watching it, and I can’t stop watching people watch it, the reactions this show brings out of people are priceless.
Nov 5, 2023 8:48 AM
Dec 2015
alexleBrun said:
Couldn’t agree more with this. I was kind of thinking the same thing with the ending although I personally think CG has a slightly better ending for me. That being said, there are a lot of moments in this episode and all of AoT in general that I’m gonna be thinking about for a long time, and I look forward to revisiting it someday.

It’s gonna live rent free in my head for years, i can’t stop thinking about it even after making this post which I thought would help in releasing this explosive feeling of “holy fuck what did I just watch” in a good way of course.
Nov 5, 2023 8:49 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

AOT’s ending had a much bigger impact on me, and was more realistic in terms of the future after the ending.
Code Geass left you with false hope while AOT did what it does best, crashing your hope. And I’m a masochist when is comes to watching anime haha

I felt the opposite. AOT ending was false hope . All that just for eren to die and the hatred just to be reborn again??? It would’ve been better if eren killled them alll. Aot ending was the worst part of the series . CD was a masterpiece the ending was not a false hope? He destroyed the empire and Unified the power by bringing in a “hero” . Like aot said “ history repeats itselfs” he should of just killed them all.
Nov 5, 2023 8:55 AM
Jun 2021
baryaakov555 said:
Biisoo said:

I can’t wait to watch it again with someone who never watched AOT before, I did it before but after watching season 4 the entire show will feel different, the first thing I’m gonna tell the person I watch it with is “I’m sorry” because this is truly a traumatic experience, one that I’d go though again and again tho haha, I can’t wait for the new manga pages😫

What New pages ? Isn't the manga finshed ?
Nov 5, 2023 8:56 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

I felt the opposite. AOT ending was false hope . All that just for eren to die and the hatred just to be reborn again??? It would’ve been better if eren killled them alll. Aot ending was the worst part of the series . CD was a masterpiece the ending was not a false hope? He destroyed the empire and Unified the power by bringing in a “hero” . Like aot said “ history repeats itselfs” he should of just killed them all.

By false hope I mean for after the ending, realistically there will always be wars, that’s human’s nature, making it seem like everyone is unified and war is gone forever is unrealistic, don’t get me wrong tho Code Geass is a masterpiece as well and the ending is fantastic, AOT just one upped it by giving that devastating fact that war is endless and it’ll all repeat itself, because realistically humans could never just live in peace with one another, but it’s bittersweet as well because he at least made sure his friends will have long happy life before that history repeating.

I was always on Eren’s side, and I too thought he should’ve killed all of them, and have Eldians the only remaining humans, but after this ending I’m not sure anymore, he never wanted this either, he had to do it and he did it knowing he’s gonna die. After I knew that fact, I don’t know if the rumbling wiping out everyone would’ve been the better ending. I’m super conflicted on this right now.

One thing I’m sure about is that seeing Gabi alive and happy was one of the worst feelings…
Nov 5, 2023 8:57 AM
Dec 2015
Gxerox said:
baryaakov555 said:

Isayama announced that he’s gonna release a bonus volume with 18 new pages, should drop around April 2023, some speculate a sequel as well but I find it hard to believe.
The new volume is confirmed tho.
Nov 5, 2023 8:59 AM
Feb 2022
Shouldn’t we start Rambling to change the ending? I mean BOYS, at least we should try.
Nov 5, 2023 9:00 AM
Nov 2020
It’s been a long journey but every adventure has to come to end. This is one of the greatest anime to ever created and Eren will go down as one of the greatest main characters of all time.
Nov 5, 2023 9:00 AM
Jun 2021
baryaakov555 said:
Gxerox said:

Isayama announced that he’s gonna release a bonus volume with 18 new pages, should drop around April 2023, some speculate a sequel as well but I find it hard to believe.

Oh cool I didn't know that but for the release date did you wanted to say 2024 ?
Nov 5, 2023 9:02 AM
Dec 2015
Gxerox said:
baryaakov555 said:

Oh cool I didn't know that but for the release date did you wanted to say 2024 ?

2024 yes sorry😅 and I think he released some rough drafts already but I didn’t look into it cuz I don’t wanna be spoiled haha. Super excited!
Nov 5, 2023 9:02 AM
Dec 2015
itsukandy said:
It’s been a long journey but every adventure has to come to end. This is one of the greatest anime to ever created and Eren will go down as one of the greatest main characters of all time.

A true masterpiece that can not be topped❤️
Nov 5, 2023 9:03 AM
Jun 2021
baryaakov555 said:
Gxerox said:

2024 yes sorry😅 and I think he released some rough drafts already but I didn’t look into it cuz I don’t wanna be spoiled haha. Super excited!

Yeah just checked it, thx you. I'm super exited to don't know what it could be but I hope for the best😁
Nov 5, 2023 9:05 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

By false hope I mean for after the ending, realistically there will always be wars, that’s human’s nature, making it seem like everyone is unified and war is gone forever is unrealistic, don’t get me wrong tho Code Geass is a masterpiece as well and the ending is fantastic, AOT just one upped it by giving that devastating fact that war is endless and it’ll all repeat itself, because realistically humans could never just live in peace with one another, but it’s bittersweet as well because he at least made sure his friends will have long happy life before that history repeating.

I was always on Eren’s side, and I too thought he should’ve killed all of them, and have Eldians the only remaining humans, but after this ending I’m not sure anymore, he never wanted this either, he had to do it and he did it knowing he’s gonna die. After I knew that fact, I don’t know if the rumbling wiping out everyone would’ve been the better ending. I’m super conflicted on this right now.

One thing I’m sure about is that seeing Gabi alive and happy was one of the worst feelings…

I’m gunna say this nicely but ur Brian dead if u think aot ending was better than cg. There’s a reason why aot ending was memed by the community . Cg ending wasn’t about war against one another it was an empire against all the world it was to show the defeat of them while aot was to prevent the inedible and hope that they develop fast enough to survive . The scene were eren breaks character is pathetic . I’m sorry but aot ending was shit .
Nov 5, 2023 9:06 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

Oh yea seeing gabi get a happy ending was stupid .
Nov 5, 2023 9:06 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
Gxerox said:

I heard it backstory on levi but I hope ur right .
Nov 5, 2023 9:28 AM
Dec 2015
Gxerox said:
baryaakov555 said:

Yeah just checked it, thx you. I'm super exited to don't know what it could be but I hope for the best😁

At least we have more to look forward to in the meantime after this heart wrenching ending haha, and you’re welcome😄
Nov 5, 2023 9:29 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

I’m gunna say this nicely but ur Brian dead if u think aot ending was better than cg. There’s a reason why aot ending was memed by the community . Cg ending wasn’t about war against one another it was an empire against all the world it was to show the defeat of them while aot was to prevent the inedible and hope that they develop fast enough to survive . The scene were eren breaks character is pathetic . I’m sorry but aot ending was shit .

You understood Eren’s character all wrong I’m afraid.
Nov 5, 2023 9:31 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

The backstory on Levi was released a few years ago with “no regrets”
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

His character was supposed to be psychotic . Aot is inspired by the manga morita . He’s a crazy guy .
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

The backstory on Levi was released a few years ago with “no regrets”

Idk man that’s just what I saw on the announcement
Nov 5, 2023 9:33 AM
Jul 2022
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

His character was supposed to be psychotic . Aot is inspired by the manga morita . He’s a crazy guy .

*Himeanole* morita is the character
Nov 5, 2023 9:34 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

Eren is not crazy, and he did not want to kill 80% of the population, like I said you didn’t understand his character.
Nov 5, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

Eren is not crazy, and he did not want to kill 80% of the population, like I said you didn’t understand his character.

Eren as inspired by the manga Himeanole. The character eren is similar to morita. He’s some what psycho. U don’t know why ur talking about . Go do ur research
Nov 5, 2023 9:37 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

On the surface it seems he does for a purpose but when u break down his character and reason it honestly comes down to “want”. Go search in-depth videos on YouTube . I’m not the only who who sees this .
Nov 5, 2023 9:40 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

On the surface it seems he does for a purpose but when u break down his character and reason it honestly comes down to “want”. Go search in-depth videos on YouTube . I’m not the only who who sees this .

Eren himself didn’t understand why he wanted to flatten everything.
Nov 5, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

That’s because he’s psycho that’s the point I’m making . Thank you for agreeing
Nov 5, 2023 9:43 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

A “psycho” would not mourn those he kills
Nov 5, 2023 9:46 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

A psycho can mourn just as a psycho kills . What kind of person kills 80% without reason? Remember u even said he doesn’t understand why. He’s not right in the head . Idek why ur arguing . Go search in depth videos it’s a strong theory and it’s supported by the fact that Himeanole inspired aot. Do ur research bye 😘
Nov 5, 2023 9:48 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

A psycho can mourn just as a psycho kills . What kind of person kills 80% without reason? Remember u even said he doesn’t understand why. He’s not right in the head . Idek why ur arguing . Go search in depth videos it’s a strong theory and it’s supported by the fact that Himeanole inspired aot. Do ur research bye 😘

Even if he was crazy all he sought was freedom, and giving his friends feeedom is still acting like his character.
Nov 5, 2023 9:50 AM
Jul 2022
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

Even if he was crazy all he sought was freedom, and giving his friends feeedom is still acting like his character.

Erens view of freedom was different to the rest of them that’s why they wanted to stop him. His character is crazy . YOU MISUNDERSTOOD EREN.
Nov 5, 2023 10:04 AM
Jun 2021
baryaakov555 said:
Gxerox said:

At least we have more to look forward to in the meantime after this heart wrenching ending haha, and you’re welcome😄

Yeah it fills up a little part of the big emptynes leaved by that ending
Nov 5, 2023 10:08 AM

May 2016
I don’t see how anyone could rewatch this show knowing that Eren killed his mom
Nov 5, 2023 10:21 AM
Dec 2015
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

Erens view of freedom was different to the rest of them that’s why they wanted to stop him. His character is crazy . YOU MISUNDERSTOOD EREN.

They wanted to stop him because they didn’t agree with his way
Nov 5, 2023 10:22 AM
Dec 2015
Reshiram_IX said:
I don’t see how anyone could rewatch this show knowing that Eren killed his mom

For real💔 I’m gonna sob on the first episode watching it with someone else and they’ll be so innocent not knowing anything. Fuck😭
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1469 by Infinite »»
May 23, 5:49 PM

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.