Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2023 8:40 PM
Jan 2017
I really want to watch it but I understand this series triggers a lot of people in different aspects.
Is there any list for potential major triggers by episode? 
I know it will be full of spoilers but I really wanna watch it but save myself if there's something specially difficult off me. 
Jun 20, 2023 9:11 PM
Jan 2023
triggers? uhhh, let's see here... episode 1, murder, episode 6, suicidal themes, anddd uhhh yeah I think that's about it
Jun 20, 2023 10:03 PM
Jan 2017
droLmuCehT said:
triggers? uhhh, let's see here... episode 1, murder, episode 6, suicidal themes, anddd uhhh yeah I think that's about it

thanks! from the controversial themes I see everyone talking about I thought there would be much more. Gonna start watching it rn
Jun 20, 2023 11:30 PM

Oct 2021
We could have just simply told you to watch it so you can avoid spoilers. It's best to watch the show as blind as you can be to up the suspense factor.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 21, 2023 12:33 AM
Oct 2020
Just press the forward button or go back to Twitter
Jun 21, 2023 2:02 AM

Apr 2020
Ewww....that's kind of a good and disgusting idea, at the same time.

Do that. Watch it and create a Trigger-List for each Episode. We call it the *Snowflake-List-of-Cancer* xD
Jun 21, 2023 3:42 AM
Aug 2021
Ya cuz calling people with trauma who don’t want to relive that trauma thru a show that is meant for enjoyment makes them snowflakes😐
Jun 21, 2023 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
If you can discern reality from fiction and understand the messaging of the show, then there is absolutely nothing warranting controversy.

Jun 21, 2023 4:21 AM

May 2015
MikeyFromCali said:
Ya cuz calling people with trauma who don’t want to relive that trauma thru a show that is meant for enjoyment makes them snowflakes😐

If you need a warning before you watch/do anything because it might possibly upset you...then yes
Jun 21, 2023 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
MikeyFromCali said:

Ya...cause you thinking that your little mind and what you feel matters, in context of the whole wolrd just trying you watch something entertaining in their freetime is what's making you a pretentious, little Snowflake.

You accidently stumbled on some Truth there, boy.
Jun 21, 2023 6:04 AM

Mar 2018
Merve2Love said:
MikeyFromCali said:

Ya...cause you thinking that your little mind and what you feel matters, in context of the whole wolrd just trying you watch something entertaining in their freetime is what's making you a pretentious, little Snowflake.

well neither do your feelings matter, in that case.
from what I see, you are the one triggered by the suggestion that traumas are a real world thing, sooo....
guess that makes you the snowflake?
Jun 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Jan 2022
The snowflakes on Twitter always get heard for some reason... but the real reviews don't. What a world..
Jun 21, 2023 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
Tell me you're Gen Z without telling me you're Gen Z.
Jun 21, 2023 7:35 AM

Apr 2017
It’s time to go back to Twitter. The anime is PG-13 and nothing worthy of controversy happens. Still, it is a suspenseful drama anime and with that will come some dark themes.
Jun 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Aug 2022
Bro... it's an anime... How the fuck can it trigger you? I hate how soft people have become.
Jun 21, 2023 8:01 AM

May 2015
UnknownGhost5 said:
Bro... it's an anime... How the fuck can it trigger you? I hate how soft people have become.

The best part is according to this persons profile they're 25 years old...
Jun 21, 2023 8:10 AM

Aug 2022
billybub said:
UnknownGhost5 said:

That's even worse than I thought.
Jun 21, 2023 8:15 AM
Dec 2020
UnknownGhost5 said:

Idk you seem kind of triggered over a forum post on an anime site, maybe you’re the soft one.
Jun 21, 2023 8:36 AM

May 2021
Merve2Love said:
MikeyFromCali said:

dictators said:
It’s time to go back to Twitter. The anime is PG-13 and nothing worthy of controversy happens. Still, it is a suspenseful drama anime and with that will come some dark themes.
UnknownGhost5 said:
A person asks a question respectfully to try and get some answers for his problem and get these answers as a result . I keep forgetting how cringe and immature the mal forums are . You can do better than that

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 21, 2023 8:39 AM

Apr 2017
Yubisoft said:
Merve2Love said:

dictators said:
A person asks a question respectfully to try and get some answers for his problem and get these answers as a result . I keep forgetting how cringe and immature the mal forums are . You can do better than that

I’m not near as hostile as the other commenters. The “triggers” of a drama/suspense show are what make it interesting. If they need someone to state trigger warnings on a non-controversial show then they probably shouldn’t watch it in this case.
Jun 21, 2023 8:39 AM

Aug 2022
Yubisoft said:
Merve2Love said:

dictators said:
Welcome to the internet.
Jun 21, 2023 8:50 AM

May 2015
dictators said:
Yubisoft said:

I’m not near as hostile as the other commenters. The “triggers” of a drama/suspense show are what make it interesting. If they need someone to state trigger warnings on a non-controversial show then they probably shouldn’t watch it in this case.

Immature is a 25 year old asking for a list (per episode mind you) of things that may potentially upset them. Op deserves all the flak they're getting and then some.
billybubJun 21, 2023 8:56 AM
Jun 21, 2023 9:07 AM
Nov 2022
FantasmaGeek said:
I really want to watch it but I understand this series triggers a lot of people in different aspects.
I know it will be full of spoilers but I really wanna watch it but save myself if there's something specially difficult off me. 

I actually read the manga but I'm not gonna spoil it for you. So you might encounter triggers like murder, suicidal thoughts, manipulation etc. But on the other side, it's really good so far.
Jun 21, 2023 10:08 AM

Apr 2017
billybub said:
dictators said:

Immature is a 25 year old asking for a list (per episode mind you) of things that may potentially upset them. Op deserves all the flak they're getting and then some.

Some people do have mental illnesses that can cause them to have a breakdown when they are certain themes… but they should know by now to avoid any kind of suspense shows because of that. They are supposed to induce anxiety on purpose.
Jun 21, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2021
I'm going to watch the next episode today
Jun 21, 2023 11:10 AM
Oct 2020
Twitter got triggered because episode 6 made the mother of a celebrity who committed suicide upset because of similarities to her daughter’s life. She publicly voiced her grievances, and twitter parasites grabbed on to that as they do with any “controversy”. There’s nothing really triggering unless you make it so. No one should need their hand held to watch and/or read a story.

Making a list of triggers is a waste of everyone’s time because everyone views “triggers” differently. We don’t know if Baking Soda triggers you, so do we have to mention every time a character brings up another’s history with baking soda? That sounds ridiculous, right??

There’s murder, there’s suicidal thoughts.. that’s pretty much it at this point. If those bother you, skip.
Jun 21, 2023 12:02 PM
Aug 2021
billybub said:
UnknownGhost5 said:

Ptsd doesn’t have an age limit
MikeyFromCaliJun 21, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 21, 2023 12:09 PM
Aug 2021
billybub said:
dictators said:

Dude what if they attempted suicide themselves? Or any kinda of serious trauma? They wouldn’t have a choice in how watching those things affect their mental state because the trigger would trigger their pain without them having much control of if it does or not. How would you feel if you dealt with suicidal tendencies or new somone who committed suicide or sat their and watched your mom get murdered then went and watched a show with those same things? Do you not understand how to have empathy?
Jun 21, 2023 12:12 PM
Mar 2021
> consume fiction
> potentially get triggered
> reflect and move on
> gz you've won at life
Jun 21, 2023 12:17 PM

May 2021
MikeyFromCali said:
billybub said:

Immature is a 25 year old asking for a list (per episode mind you) of things that may potentially upset them.  Op deserves all the flak they're getting and then some.

Dude what if they attempted suicide themselves? Or any kinda of serious trauma? They wouldn’t have a choice in how watching those things affect their mental state because the trigger would trigger their pain without them having much control of if it does or not. How would you feel if you dealt with suicidal tendencies or new somone who committed suicide or sat their and watched your mom get murdered then went and watched a show with those same things? Do you not understand how to have empathy?
Couldn't have said it better myself . They have zero respect

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 21, 2023 12:24 PM
Aug 2021
Yubisoft said:
MikeyFromCali said:

Couldn't have said it better myself . They have zero respect

Right? That’s what I’m saying. I personally haven’t dealt with anything where I would need to worry about triggers but I can at least understand why somone would want to be weary of triggers.
Jun 21, 2023 12:26 PM
Apr 2020
It's perfectly normal to avoid entertainment if it is going to cause you unwanted distress. idk why people are being cunts about it
Jun 21, 2023 12:28 PM

May 2015
MikeyFromCali said:
billybub said:

If you're 25 year's old and are "triggered" by anything rated pg-13 let alone a pg-13 rated CARTOON that is the very definition of immaturity. And no I have no empathy whatsoever for anyone who claims to get PTSD over a freaking anime, some of you are going to have a real rude awakening when people stop coddling to your "problems"
Jun 21, 2023 2:42 PM
Dec 2019
Yubisoft said:
Merve2Love said:

dictators said:
The best part? This happens in the subforum of a show where an arc explicitly dealt with online toxicity. Priceless.
Jun 21, 2023 7:44 PM

Aug 2020
Skaldi2 said:
It's perfectly normal to avoid entertainment if it is going to cause you unwanted distress. idk why people are being cunts about it

This. Nothing wrong with just asking....
Keep scrolling
Jun 21, 2023 8:59 PM

Oct 2013
Oi oi oi, since when some of y'all became so tolerant and sensitive, huh? ;D Not that long ago some folks would tear apart people not liking certain themes appearing in this show (like reincarnation, revenge plot, idol culture). Truly, Oshi no Ko really changes human hearts.

FantasmaGeek said:

Hard to tell without spoiling anything, but if you are asking about themes that you'd call as triggers (because of them affecting the viewer by triggering negative emotions of some sort), then you might expect to see in this show are (very general spoiler, but still spoiler):

That's life, but if any of those topics might be somehow negative for you, due to - in example - past traumas, then perhaps it would be a good idea to just pass on Oshi no Ko. However, if that's not the case, but you are a sensitive person in general, then I'd suggest checking out the show if you are really interested in it. You might as well stop watching it when it becomes too unbearable to watch.

What is more, it's not like themes I mentioned above are totally from a different planet and not happen in real life. They do. Our world has a lot of darkness and those elements represent it pretty well. On the other hand, this world has a lot of vibrant colours as well. Oshi no Ko is full of good or lighthearted moments. It's safe to say that they dominate over darker themes. And well... this show also has beautiful colour palette, so its visuals are literally colourful, haha. ;p
Jun 21, 2023 9:28 PM
Jan 2017
LOL I'm surprised how a simple question got so many people worked up.
I just asked if there was a list, just like the "how the dog dies" site. I wasn't asking for someone to create one.
Cause yes, despite being an animation, the way it is portrayed + dialogue can trigger some people over sensitive topics.

Thanks for those that helped with your answers about the show or simply stating more about how PTSD affects people, and how some triggers may be specially bad for your mental health considering your background, despite your age.

Hope this topic won't bother anyone else.
(or well, if it makes you want to comment about Twitter snowflakes or how triggers are dumb for you, why don't you save your time for something that you really like and relate in a positive way? stop commenting on posts you don't want to be relevant and go comment on the ones you want to)
Jun 21, 2023 11:03 PM

Dec 2021
PoisonedSandwich said:
Merve2Love said:

well neither do your feelings matter, in that case.
from what I see, you are the one triggered by the suggestion that traumas are a real world thing, sooo....
guess that makes you the snowflake?
hell yeah preach, get em
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Jun 21, 2023 11:04 PM

Dec 2021
Adnash said:
Oi oi oi, since when some of y'all became so tolerant and sensitive, huh? ;D Not that long ago some folks would tear apart people not liking certain themes appearing in this show (like reincarnation, revenge plot, idol culture). Truly, Oshi no Ko really changes human hearts.

FantasmaGeek said:

Hard to tell without spoiling anything, but if you are asking about themes that you'd call as triggers (because of them affecting the viewer by triggering negative emotions of some sort), then you might expect to see in this show are (very general spoiler, but still spoiler):

That's life, but if any of those topics might be somehow negative for you, due to - in example - past traumas, then perhaps it would be a good idea to just pass on Oshi no Ko. However, if that's not the case, but you are a sensitive person in general, then I'd suggest checking out the show if you are really interested in it. You might as well stop watching it when it becomes too unbearable to watch.

What is more, it's not like themes I mentioned above are totally from a different planet and not happen in real life. They do. Our world has a lot of darkness and those elements represent it pretty well. On the other hand, this world has a lot of vibrant colours as well. Oshi no Ko is full of good or lighthearted moments. It's safe to say that they dominate over darker themes. And well... this show also has beautiful colour palette, so its visuals are literally colourful, haha. ;p
Thank you for being someone in this conversation who isn't an asshole and actually answers the question lol
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

52 by ArtemisSato »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

5 by Zarutaku »»
Today, 5:06 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.