Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 23, 2023 12:16 PM

Jul 2022
With the popularity of this anime, but すごい!I find this one very interesting indeed and commiting moral sacrifices to defend the nation at high stakes. 
This is my 2nd mecha anime behind Franxx, and my first millitary anime so far in my list (I think).

May 24, 2023 9:07 PM
Sep 2016
to each their own preference for light novel adaptations. but I enjoy war based stuff and it's better than all the oversaturation of Isekai , fantasy anime. 86 reminds me of Gundam 8th Ms and bits of war in the pocket. plus they have the light novels available in certain areas if you're interested in more details

May 24, 2023 9:44 PM
Jun 2021
Kiryotsu said:
With the popularity of this anime, but すごい!I find this one very interesting indeed and commiting moral sacrifices to defend the nation at high stakes. 
This is my 2nd mecha anime behind Franxx, and my first millitary anime so far in my list (I think).

I would like to ask you to reconsider the position of 86 below something like Darling in the franxx
May 24, 2023 9:54 PM
Dec 2020
your profile is a bit nsfw
May 24, 2023 10:02 PM

Apr 2022
in that case, watch Code Geass
May 24, 2023 10:44 PM
Feb 2022
i like this show I think it was my fist mecha
May 25, 2023 12:03 AM
Feb 2022
Sakyo2023 said:
to each their own preference for light novel adaptations. but I enjoy war based stuff and it's better than all the oversaturation of Isekai , fantasy anime. 86 reminds me of Gundam 8th Ms and bits of war in the pocket. plus they have the light novels available in certain areas if you're interested in more details

nice battery percentage lmao
May 25, 2023 12:10 AM
Feb 2022
Kiryotsu said:

putting 86 behind DiTF is insane lmao. You do you tho
May 25, 2023 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
Now it's time to witness the true peak of the genre: Dominion and New Dominion Tank Police.
Da_mikasa_simp said:
Kiryotsu said:

putting 86 behind DiTF is insane lmao. You do you tho

I don't think OP meant that.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 25, 2023 1:25 AM
Jan 2023
shash_sama18 said:
Kiryotsu said:

I would like to ask you to reconsider the position of 86 below something like Darling in the franxx

I liked 86 a lot, but I share your disliking towards mecha anime.
May 25, 2023 2:41 AM
Jan 2021
Da_mikasa_simp said:
Sakyo2023 said:

nice battery percentage lmao

OMFG is that an 86 reference?!?!?! 😯😯😯😯
May 25, 2023 5:02 AM
Jun 2021
Sakyo2023 said:

i read till volume 9 and It is great.
May 25, 2023 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
Kiryotsu said:
I find this one very interesting indeed and commiting moral sacrifices to defend the nation at high stakes. 
Defend the nation/humanity at high stakes is very common in mecha genre.

There are 2 types of mecha shows:
1) Super-robots. Mainly to target younger audiences. This includes Gurren Lagann, Rinne No Lagrange, Overman King Gainer, Brain Powerd, etc.
2) Real-robots. Robots that are more realistic. This includes Gundam, Macross, Muv-Luv, etc.

If you want more fighting with high stakes:
1) Macross. Humans defending themselves against Zentradi aliens.
2) Muv-Luv (VN). Humans defending themselves against BETA. Fun Fact: This VN inspired Hajime Iseyama to create Attack On Titan.
3) Gundam. Kinda self-explanatory. War stories.
4) Break Blade. Another war story.
5) Buddy Complex. Another war story.
6) Valrave The Liberator. Another war story.
7) Soukyuu No Fafner. Humanity on the brink of extinction against unknown enemies.

I can list out more mecha if you are interested~

EDIT: @TheMechaManiac, mentioning you because you are probably better at recommending mecha titles.
NewestPersonHereMay 25, 2023 5:01 PM
May 25, 2023 11:44 PM
Jun 2021
Kiryotsu said:

If you liked 86, I'd say it's time for a Gundam show.
Now, Gundam looks highly, highly intimidating to a complete newcomer to the genre. I recommend 00 for that purpose. 1) It's standalone and an AU 2)It's got the modern type of animation someone like you might find palatable 3)It's got a fairly good story with likeable characters (mostly) and good character development. Sure it does have a decent amount of mecha fights, but the genre actually never was just about the fighting. In fact, mecha more often than not deals with the effects of fighting on humans. So it's not just mindless action like in a battle shounen title.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 30, 2023 10:33 AM
Jan 2022
Kiryotsu said:

While i disagree with your ranking of 86, I would reccomend watching Code Geass, as many people before me have also done. If you really enjoyed the path of sacrifice they took for their country, I believe Lelouch might be your favorite character 😊😊
May 31, 2023 4:08 AM
Mar 2020
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
your profile is a bit nsfw

😢😢😢😢
Jun 5, 2023 10:49 AM
Sep 2021
Yea this is so good that I actually bought a complete set of the LN

I'd suggest, as everyone else from above to try out Code Geass since its something of a similar nature...kinda

Or you can try Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199...leans more on military than mecha thou

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

544 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Sep 3, 10:20 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

156 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Sep 2, 1:57 PM

» Whos your favorite character and why ( 1 2 )

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 18

51 by nokom_ »»
Aug 25, 8:54 AM

» They ruined the vibe of the show with frederica and season 2 is weaker than 1 ( 1 2 )

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 14

94 by SSRSyt »»
Aug 18, 1:35 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

305 by ILLARX »»
Aug 10, 12:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.