Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2023 8:54 PM

Aug 2019
The best arc of the series. I would not shorten it if I had the choice. The build-up was necessary for the arc to be as impactful as it was.
Feb 12, 2023 9:07 PM
Dec 2020
I feel bored to at some points overall it is good but I enjoyed yorknew arc more.
Feb 12, 2023 9:16 PM
Jan 2022
It was a great arc but way too stretched out imo. They definitely could’ve shortened it by like 10-12 episodes, which would make the pace feel much better and keep the viewers entertained the entire time rather than getting bored during the “lulls” of the story. Worth it to see all the climax events tho!
Feb 12, 2023 9:21 PM
Jul 2022
Enjoyed it quite a bit, with that being said felt like it was dragged out.
Feb 12, 2023 9:26 PM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
this thread is a good example of anime fans having limited vocabulary. they all are repeating same shit they read in the above post ..... "it is great but dragged too much" lmaooo 
Feb 12, 2023 10:54 PM
Mar 2021
respectfully the worst arc they ever madez took me over a year tl finish
Feb 12, 2023 11:11 PM
Jan 2023
tristanxbidinger said:
What are your thoughts on this arc? I personally think overall it's a fantastic arc but there were lots of moments where I just started to feel bored and a lot of the new characters they introduced, I just couldn't care less for most of them even when I tried to. Meruem is an amazing character tho 

too long but conclusion was so good. Inshort cud hv been shorter and with less narration.
Feb 12, 2023 11:16 PM
Jan 2023
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
this thread is a good example of anime fans having limited vocabulary. they all are repeating same shit they read in the above post ..... "it is great but dragged too much" lmaooo 

Or lot of them feel the same way about this arc without even reading other comments.
Feb 12, 2023 11:54 PM

Jul 2020
Best arc ever made.
i'm not an english native speaker
Feb 12, 2023 11:54 PM
Jul 2022
tristanxbidinger said:
What are your thoughts on this arc? I personally think overall it's a fantastic arc but there were lots of moments where I just started to feel bored and a lot of the new characters they introduced, I just couldn't care less for most of them even when I tried to. Meruem is an amazing character tho 

It was really long but actually it is an insane arc for me
Feb 12, 2023 11:58 PM

Nov 2020
average shounen arc (6/10)

"No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?"
Feb 13, 2023 12:06 AM
𝕲𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙

Apr 2020
Felt very stretched, but I cried tons. This arc got the anime in my favorites :)

”If there's any scrap metal
or parts you don't want,

I'll take them."

Feb 13, 2023 12:27 AM

Apr 2018
One of the worst arcs ever created, I was at the edge of dropping it but kept watching somehow but this arc was the final nail in the coffin that made me drop it.

Feb 13, 2023 12:56 AM

Mar 2017
Amazing, the ending absolutely destroyed me first time and every time I rewatched it.

'nom'
Feb 13, 2023 2:27 AM
Oct 2022
tristanxbidinger said:

a 60 episode arc was a bit of a strech for me...... but still it did have many iconic moments
Feb 13, 2023 2:34 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
It's the worst arc of any anime I've seen, I have never felt so insulted by an anime before.
Feb 13, 2023 3:52 AM

Dec 2021
The only arc that can only come close to Majority of Seinen (Still can't achieve the greatness)

The peak of this series was the philosophical thesis on human nature was pretty much commendable, however everything was ruined by the subsequent abomination arc that was still less horrible as all of Attack on Titan🤢 and Naruto🤮, but on the level of One Piece😵

Hunter x Hunter fans attempt to portray how smart they are but the truth is that they still only watch Overhyped shows
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 13, 2023 3:56 AM

May 2018
A bit too stretched. Meruem isn't that interesting to me but Kite and Morel were cool so eh it alright.

Feb 13, 2023 4:15 AM

Sep 2014
It's the worst arc I've ever seen both in terms of writing and storytelling. It felt like it was entirely written by a 12 years old after their fist biology class. Aside of taking itself way too seriously for what it worths, the arc is still guilty of everything anime fans usually hate about battle shounen such as generic villains, bad pacing, horrible character designs, asspulls, too kid friendly, and more. Yep, this arc is the reason why it's called Huntrash x Garbage.
Feb 13, 2023 4:24 AM
Feb 2023
it felt dragged out and i got bored a lot. Other than that everything was interesting especially villains intentions and motivations were. Romance was cute between the villain and the girl ;] (i forgor her name)
kumraFeb 13, 2023 4:32 AM
Feb 13, 2023 4:30 AM
Feb 2023
ItzChrome said:
TruINTP said:
and the pacing was bad.
pacing is good for most of the part. There are only few instances where pacing can be considered bad. I think people exaggerate when they complain about pacing.

Several unnecessary characters, plot threads that go nowhere at all.
like?

Farhan_Muhib_ said:
greatest of all time
indeed. But soon this thread is going to be filled with lots shounen kids whining about it lol.

about the pacing, It wasn't bad it was slow most of the time. It was boring cuz it was slow but it was the most memorable. source being me: its the anly arc i can remember :)
Feb 13, 2023 4:38 AM
Aug 2022
The only thing I liked about it was Meruem and Komugi, the whole arc was kinda rubbish.
Feb 13, 2023 5:55 AM
Feb 2021
Tbh expect from final battle of netero and meruem and gon’s adult form I didn’t like it, the new characters introduced were hella boring and uninteresting and the butterfly guy really made it difficult for me to watch it and i still don’t understand for what gon became so mad and he would go into rage for someone he barely knew
Feb 13, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2020
Chimera Ant is what made HxH a masterpiece
Feb 13, 2023 1:51 PM
Sep 2022
It's my least favorite arc, calling it obscenely bloated would be an understatement. You could cut half of it and losing nothing important
Feb 13, 2023 1:53 PM
Aug 2019
my favorite story arc in fiction, period
Feb 13, 2023 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Good but totally out of tune with the rest of the series. 
as if author wanted to attract the classic shonen fans too
Feb 13, 2023 2:47 PM

Dec 2022
While it is my fav arc in this anime, it's not like it's the best shonen arc among action shonen animes but it's still peak fiction for me.
The only problem i had with it is the pacing that could've been a bit faster. The pacing is what annoyed me a bit but i can still tolerate it cause i'm quite patient enough with the pacing here cause i mean the previous arcs also had some slow moments so that's probably why i can be patient in this one, still this arc with the narrator telling us whatever the hell was happening made this arc cooler for me other than the pure action and plot in this arc.

Feb 13, 2023 3:12 PM

Jun 2021
/Grees Island is my favorite Isekai. /kappa
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Feb 13, 2023 3:39 PM
Sep 2022
King_KK said:
I personally hated that arc. It ruined HxH for me. HxH is a great show if you remove that arc. I hate how slow paced it is. Also the dialogue in that arc are very boring. Not nearly as good as rest of HxH has. Finally the overuse of the narrator really bugged me throughout that arc. Meruem and Komugi's story was the only thing that kept me going through that arc. I didn't cared about anything else.

i feel the same way
Feb 13, 2023 7:37 PM

Dec 2019
Boring at first but became peak later on. Komugi and Meruem scene still in my le head after all these years
Feb 13, 2023 7:41 PM

Dec 2014
Hated Gon's adult form, also hated Gon's fully recover only at the cost of losing Nen and able to learn from beginning, pretty much 0 downside since he has the "talent" to master most of the thing almost instantly.

Hated the fact Meruem is the strongest in human world, and had to resort to a cheap bomb that can mass produced, this is going to make Dark continent a joke and contradicting when human is "actually" strong and able to survive when Dark continent arc finally hit.

Hated the pacing of Chimera arc on human character development dragging too long that Meruem doesn't have much screen time and most of his screen time is ONLY playing chess.

Beside above, I think everything else is good.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 13, 2023 8:05 PM

Dec 2019
Thought it was utterly boring tbh and the slow pacing didn't help etiher, Meruem was also a very forgettable villian. Yorknew City arc really showed what HxH was capable of
Feb 14, 2023 4:39 AM
May 2021
Best arc oat(character limit)
Feb 14, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Overrated but still good
Feb 14, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2023
It was decent, nothing too bad and nothing too good.
It was way too long in my opinion but I guess it was part of the idea 

Profile   ●   Website

Feb 14, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2020
PEAKK PEAKK PEAKK PEAKK PEAKK PEAKK  PEAKK  PEAKK PEAKK PEAKK AND THATS ON PERIOD!
Feb 14, 2023 2:18 PM

Feb 2018
One of the best shounen arcs imo, but it definitely could had been shorter. The pacing felt a bit too slow at times.  
Feb 14, 2023 6:57 PM
Jan 2022
All the hxh dickriders will say that it is the best piece of art in all of human fiction but it was mediocre at best for me. I liked the yorknew arc way better. Also how can a arc be good without hisoka, kurapika and leorio?
Feb 14, 2023 8:06 PM

Jan 2021
Honestly, it’s overrated imo, I can see why other people like it but the fight was just way too long. If I had been watching it by myself I would probably have put it on 1.5x speed because it felt so dragged out :/
Feb 14, 2023 10:14 PM
Apr 2021
I thought it was a pretty good arc but it got boring a lot of the time…
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Feb 15, 2023 2:07 AM

Jun 2009
It's too long and some parts are bloated. It needed to be condensed. Wasn't a fan of nonstop new characters, many of them simply to die in mini arcs and battles. These parts make the arc feel slow sometimes.

That being said, it contains the absolute best moments of the story we've seen so far in the anime. Unforgettable, god-tier moments of character and story. These moments emphasize the sheer quality of Hunter x Hunter.
Feb 15, 2023 2:43 AM
Dec 2021
obiously the best arc ever made in battle shounen history.
They introduce 2 new characters that completely steal the show.
komugi x meruem are them best couple ever.

Feb 16, 2023 1:42 AM
Jan 2022
ItzChrome said:
Gawdly said:
All the hxh dickriders will say that it is the best piece of art in all of human fiction but it was mediocre at best for me. I liked the yorknew arc way better. Also how can a arc be good without hisoka, kurapika and leorio?
you shouldn't throw words like "dickriders" with that oda's cock in your mouth.

I am just a casual fan of one piece not a dickrider

If you check my forum history, then you will see me give it criticism. Not a dickrider who believes that it is the best piece of fiction on planet earth like some huntards over here.
Feb 16, 2023 5:46 AM
Jun 2022
way too long and the emotional intelligence of gon losing humanity as meruem gains it doesn’t make up for the amount of braindead scenes with ikalgo (squid character) and the mountain of useless secondary characters, worst part of the show other than the ending imo
Feb 17, 2023 1:37 AM
Feb 2023
I just finished this arc and it took me a few weeks (because I have other things to do, obviously) and it's pretty sick, but I have to say the pace was so slow that I got a little upset (I've complained things like "damn, when does this end?"). The story was interesting though, I personally liked seeing Gon's progress and his raw rage displayed through the few last episodes. I'd give it another go if the arc was made shorter
Feb 18, 2023 5:12 AM

Sep 2020
I actually liked the slow and gradual buildup from the start of the arc. I liked how characters were getting whacked left right and center, the show would build up certain characters you'd expect to spend lots of time with and just throw them away, the stakes really mattered now. I thought some of the final episodes were dragging it a bit, I was getting pissed off at one point by it, but episode 135 was perfectly executed. Best arc of the show (haven't seen the final one yet though), but tbh besides episode 135 and that main plot-line relating to it, I'm not a mega-fan of the show anyway.
Feb 20, 2023 10:27 AM
Apr 2021
It's good but still overrated and overstretched
Mar 9, 2023 6:05 PM
Mar 2021
animated-warrior said:
Overall it's one of the best arcs in the anime, if not the best.

First you get to meet face to face concepts as life from Meruem and death from Netero.

Second of all, something not common in main shonens; the shadow of the protagonist. Gon accepting a darker, ruthless, stronger side of him to avenge Kite, as one of his only links to his father.

But yes, maybe the parts when they were planning their attack or the episodes that in the anime were one key minute, might have being boring. But it was only to build towards all the amazing fights and confrontations we see later on in this arc.

At some point it might be slow paced, but never boring. Everything had an importance, except maybe some extra side characters. But that's just to give some content to the series.

The only thing i didnt like in this arc was netero vs chimera king it’s boring to me
Mar 11, 2023 7:27 AM
Nov 2017
it's the arc I like the least.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

519 by titty »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

176 by titty »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » is the chimera ant arc too slow?

FriendUniverse - Mar 13, 2020

38 by geo-malor »»
Yesterday, 9:50 PM

» Whats the genre of "Just Awake" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas?

peterman_lv - Sep 26, 2022

13 by thehugeanifan »»
Yesterday, 6:35 PM

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Sep 23, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.