Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Feb 2012
Good animation=poggers. People have no standards for plots and characters these days it's insane. It's Bleach folks, it ends at Soul Society arc, period.

The manga's big mistake was the fullbringer saga, of the anime was the Bount and Bakkoutou fillers.

Oct 11, 2022 9:50 PM

Sep 2014
I think a lot of it is due to how long-running the other two are. One piece is still going and naruto is (kinda) still going with boruto, so it's keeping them in people's minds. Bleach ended almost 10 years ago in the anime and most people tend to remember the worst of something rather than the best.

I enjoyed bleach when i was younger and probably will enjoy the new season as i have good memories of the final arc in the manga, but thinking back to bleach's anime all I can think of is its 40% or so filler content
Oct 11, 2022 9:51 PM
Sep 2016
damn, we are back with every character being tsundere and yelling at each other.
Bleach has some of the worst characters and dialog writing, they all keep yelling at each other.
Not even 5 min into the episode, the female is yelling at the timid male shinigami.
So much yelling yelling yelling
Oct 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Jun 2020
It being worst out of the big doesn't mean it's bad. Being one of the Big 3 itself shows how popular it was back in the day. People are of course hyped for its return
Oct 11, 2022 9:56 PM
Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
Two years ago, you ask anyone about bleach, they would say three things

- Its the worst out of the big 3
- Its only good arc is soul society
- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.

those are not anime watcher, not even anime fans, just plain keyboard twitter warrior that did not watch bleach for attentions.

haters my friend haters, social media piece of Crap
Oct 11, 2022 9:59 PM
Jan 2018
Being the worst of the Big 3 doesn't necessarily mean that it is appalling. It's still one of the Big 3. Other have there fair share of crap as well.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Oct 11, 2022 10:07 PM
Feb 2022
soul society only good arc? bruh.

Hueco Mundo
Fullbringer
and this arc.

worst bleach arc is better than best one piece arc to be honest.

haven't seen Naruto.
Oct 11, 2022 10:18 PM

Dec 2014
I think they are still the same, boobs are still big and saggy.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 11, 2022 10:35 PM

Jul 2022
umm I saw that in reddit or somewhere I don't remember now that...Bleach and Naruto had same production... Naruto got most of their budget and Bleach was a midnight show and also it was dead for years! they removed it's gorey vibe in the anime, forcefully wanted to make fans wished for rukia-ichigo and at the end fans got disappointed (I heard it was a huge chaos, people burned their manga) and also I think Ichigo not aiming for the top of the hierarchy...and not having a rival or best friend figure ...
"๐‚๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐›๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
๐‡๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ข๐๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ง
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ ๐จ ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ง, ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ
๐’๐ค๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ž๐ซ
๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž, ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž"
Oct 11, 2022 10:49 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't change my opinion I think this show is mid ...the only good thing about this show is aizen and grimmjaw .They are the only ones who carried the show and yeah the ending of 1st season was trash as fck where ichigo pull out final getsuga Outta nowhere this was one of the worst plot armour in anime history.....my boi aizen don't deserve this trash show
Oct 11, 2022 11:02 PM
Jun 2022
because people are fucking hypocrites
Oct 11, 2022 11:05 PM
Jan 2021
bleach is still shit. however i have been hearing this arc is good so ive been hoping for good stuff
Oct 11, 2022 11:06 PM

May 2020
Gupyyy said:

everything in life is opinion based, thats how life works lol

Absolutely not! The world is filled with ‘facts’ such as law of gravity and 1+1=2
Oct 11, 2022 11:07 PM
Jan 2020
People actually started reading/watching
Oct 12, 2022 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
-FALSE said:

If Evangelion was released today, it would get overlooked for just another psychological anime with above average character pieces and unoriginal framing that get outclassed by too many anime whilst having zero revolutionary aspects.
Nah, unlike Bleach, Evangelion still holds up.
-FALSE said:
abystoma2 said:
Sure, but the reasons don't really matter when the result is a rushed ending of what is for practical purpose an axed manga.
That's right, it got "axed" by Kubo by his own accord due to factors out of his control kek. You probably think HxH is an axed manga too.
My dude HxH literally has another chapter coming out soon.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 12, 2022 12:25 AM
May 2021
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.

First people like to bandwagon
Second bleach in my eyes is still the worst out of the big three but doesn’t mean I don’t love it
Third the fact that bleach was 10 years in hiatus made people forget it’s greatness.
Oct 12, 2022 12:26 AM

Feb 2020
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

Well, aside from the fact that the people who hate the show are always the loudest, it's worth pointing out that people always like things that are "new" and "trendy". So, Bleach is getting a new anime continuation and everyone is hyped and talking about it? They feel like they have to be as well, since everyone else is.

Not to mention, some people just end up changing their opinions on things because their views genuinely changed, and that's perfectly fine and doesn't mean they're a shallow trend hopper. Many people form an opinion of the show without watching it, or haven't seen the show in years and then end up liking it on a re-watch.

Not to mention that Bleach getting new content sorta kinda possibly revived a large portion of the fanbase.
Oct 12, 2022 12:49 AM
Sep 2014
The only real problem bleach ever had is too much fillers, rest is quite subjective.
Oct 12, 2022 12:52 AM
Sep 2020
abystoma2 said:
neffst3r said:
Manga wasn't cancelled.
Last volume sold 442k tankobon, in it's prime (volume 37 - detail: ARRANCAR ARC, not Soul Society arc) it sold 816k units. Just check Oricon Charts.
My Hero Academia is still going and its most-selling volumes sell about 400k units - the same as Bleach when it was supposedly cancelled. Why isn't My Hero Academia getting cancelled then? How can people say Bleach sales were weak?
Either it was cancelled or the ending was sudden and terrible just for no reason, take your pick.
You really like to put Bleach negatively do you lmaooo. There are many reasons even if you didn't read Bleach to make a guess on the possibility yet you picked canceled or it being terrible. Gotta love people like you hahah
Oct 12, 2022 1:52 AM

Mar 2021
Ig these hypes are being created by anime-onlies mostly. I do remember when bleach's final chapter aired I saw way more people talk about it in a negative tone rather than a positive one (and they were right)

CickNipolla said:
Linus_Li_Lelouch said:

lol no. DB is a household name. No one outside the anime community even know what demon slayer is

youre right, demon slayer has totally NOT been more popular than dragon ball since its release. that blue being above red does NOT mean anything. dragon ball did NOT need fortnite to finally become relevant again

Mf has iq in 2 digits
If you are gonna compare then use the statistics from 1990s in graphs where dragon ball was at its peak, kny being more popular now doesn't mean shit when db has been way more popular since decades

giffica said:
-FALSE said:

True, being a part of the "Big 3" is already a W once you realise what that title actually means. Take a look at the current shounen landscape with all the dark urban fantasy shounen and you will realise the legacy BLEACH has left behind. Arguably the most popular modern shounen in Kimetsu no Yaiba takes obvious inspiration from the series too. And as we can see from the resurgence of BLEACH in the recent years, it never fell off. It eclipsing FMAB's rating on MAL, a site which has a bias towards modern anime in the first place, with a single episode speaks for itself.

Correct. bleach pioneered the Goth edge that persisents in Jumps current set. Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayers authors cite Bleach DIRECTLY. No one cites One Piece or FMA afaik. You dont even see authors mention death note. but bleach? there is a special severance for the franchise people forget simply cause, like i said, Naruto fanbase likes to dismiss Bleach. But now that us Naruto fans are older its less competition more friendly rivals. the real enemy is One Piece.

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ mf is creating enemies and rivals among japanese comics

"Bleach pioneered goth aesthetic"
Indeed when the most gothic form of bleach takes inspiration from yu yu hakusho, obviously the one who copies gets to be the one called as a pioneer

Coincidentally both these series you mentioned as "friendly rivals" took many concepts from togashi's works ๐Ÿค 
Za_PandaOct 12, 2022 2:10 AM
Oct 12, 2022 1:57 AM

Jan 2016
Filler % in any anime is completely irrelevant because you can just skip it. If you can't be bothered to look up a filler guide, that's a you problem.

As for the other claims, I think a lot of people were just upset with how abruptly (and poorly) the manga had ended, which made all the small flaws burn a thousand times brighter. When GoT ended in a dumpster fire, people became instantly more critical of past seasons as well, but most have mellowed out by now and are actually enjoying the prequel series.

I've always really enjoyed Bleach for its characters and worldbuilding even if it doesn't always have the most interesting plot. I remember some were also complaining that Ichigo lacked a real motive because he didn't want to become anyone special like Naruto and Luffy. His only motive has always been "to protect his friends". But what's wrong with that? Nothing.
Oct 12, 2022 2:37 AM
Jul 2022
because people... think a good arc will make bleach the best anime ever... and nowadays ppl follow thr crowns
Oct 12, 2022 2:49 AM
Oct 2022
Bleach was always the best of the big 3 and us fans have been waiting patiently for this for over a decade. Hopefully this will lead to Kubo doing a Hell Arc
Oct 12, 2022 3:02 AM
Sep 2020
Za_Panda said:
Ig these hypes are being created by anime-onlies mostly. I do remember when bleach's final chapter aired I saw way more people talk about it in a negative tone rather than a positive one (and they were right)

CickNipolla said:

youre right, demon slayer has totally NOT been more popular than dragon ball since its release. that blue being above red does NOT mean anything. dragon ball did NOT need fortnite to finally become relevant again

Mf has iq in 2 digits
If you are gonna compare then use the statistics from 1990s in graphs where dragon ball was at its peak, kny being more popular now doesn't mean shit when db has been way more popular since decades

giffica said:

Correct. bleach pioneered the Goth edge that persisents in Jumps current set. Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayers authors cite Bleach DIRECTLY. No one cites One Piece or FMA afaik. You dont even see authors mention death note. but bleach? there is a special severance for the franchise people forget simply cause, like i said, Naruto fanbase likes to dismiss Bleach. But now that us Naruto fans are older its less competition more friendly rivals. the real enemy is One Piece.

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ mf is creating enemies and rivals among japanese comics

"Bleach pioneered goth aesthetic"
Indeed when the most gothic form of bleach takes inspiration from yu yu hakusho, obviously the one who copies gets to be the one called as a pioneer

Coincidentally both these series you mentioned as "friendly rivals" took many concepts from togashi's works ๐Ÿค 

Not sure the point you're making here. You shouldnt force your design to be different if someone else did a similiar design you want to make. From a designing point of view it makes sense to make this Mugetsu form black since Ichigo becomes Getsuga Tensho itself. What color is Getsuga? Oh yeah, it's black. Why does it have long hair? Because when Getsuga is fired, it's a long vertical slice. Ichigo becomes the personification of his attack, unless you're claiming the mangaka was planning this design since he designed Ichigo's zanpaktou and his attack lol and wanted to copy the long black hair trademark apparently lmaoo. Every long white haired character is a copy of Inuyasha, every long haired blond dude is a copy of ssj3 and every long black haired dude is apparently inspired by that demon form because it has long black hair....................
Oct 12, 2022 3:10 AM

Mar 2021
The west's big 3 really should be considered dragon ball, naruto, and bleach. Oda and the op fandom even admits one piece is less popular here than what I just mentioned. 4kids butchered it, the art style was somewhat offputting. This is why more anime videos reference dragon ball, naruto, and bleach and why lots of people complain about one piece length.

By the time naruto and bleach anime ended there were too many other options plus disney came.

Thus bleach has an insanely big cult following extending beyond regular anime watchers. Most guys during that time watched naruto and bleach. Fmab, lagann, death note, geass, were for more hardcore animes watchers since they were not running for very long and couldn't maintain the same attention spa . People see jjk, demon slayer, lycoris, spy x as not much different
Oct 12, 2022 3:13 AM
Feb 2021
i dont care what others think i only watch what i like and i really enjoyed bleach
Oct 12, 2022 3:21 AM

Sep 2015
As someone else said, those who spread Bleach hate are a vocal minority. But I also think there are plenty of people who love the series while still holding criticism for it. The last arc certainly has some problems (such as the pace of the ending), we'll see what they do with those in the anime adaptation.
can dis sig fit
Oct 12, 2022 5:05 AM
Feb 2022
No the worst out of big 3 is Naruto

Bleach is better than Naruto and I would say , it was even better than one piece for the starting 3-4 arcs

Naruto is the worst.
Oct 12, 2022 5:05 AM

Mar 2021
Shinmalice said:

Not reading all that thing ๐Ÿค 

My point is bleach is not some pioneer of spiritualism in manga as some fans were calling it, those type of mangas existed before bleach who were the actual pioneers.
That manga is yu yu hakusho from which series like naruto, bleach take heavy inspiration from.

And yes if a series has a popular event that was heavily associated with it, then any series doing that event in future has a high probability of being inspired by it.
Za_PandaOct 12, 2022 5:10 AM
Oct 12, 2022 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
hiddenhokage said:
Filler % in any anime is completely irrelevant because you can just skip it.

"If you ignore the bad parts there are no bad parts."

Oct 12, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2021
Adjacently, does anyone know if I can pick the series up from this season on? I watched when it first aired but I just had to drop it because it was a bit boring. But now, seeing the reviews skewed so far towards ten it has picked my interest. So if it is actually good now, will I miss much if I just start here?
Oct 12, 2022 7:18 AM

May 2012
Animaticide said:
Adjacently, does anyone know if I can pick the series up from this season on? I watched when it first aired but I just had to drop it because it was a bit boring. But now, seeing the reviews skewed so far towards ten it has picked my interest. So if it is actually good now, will I miss much if I just start here?

No obviously you can't since it's ep 367. And the quality isn't going to be any different compared to the original series. It's a continuation.
Oct 12, 2022 7:20 AM
Aug 2021
k11chi said:
Animaticide said:

No obviously you can't since it's ep 367. And the quality isn't going to be any different compared to the original series. It's a continuation.

Aw man, that's a shame. It's a skip for me then. Thanks for the reply, bro.
Oct 12, 2022 7:26 AM
Apr 2021
Após anos de espera ,esse obra maravilhosa saiu.
Animação linda !
Já está na lista dos melhores animes do Ano 2022
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Oct 12, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2020
NOW YOU FEEL LIKE NUMBER ONE
SHINING BRIGHT FOR EVERYONE
LIVING OUT YOUR FANTASY
THE BRIGHTEST STAR THAT'S EVER BEEEEENN
Oct 12, 2022 7:46 AM
Sep 2022
simple reason.so much filler episode,as i remember 3 or 4.real fans' love came from manga
Oct 12, 2022 7:51 AM
Oct 2014
Time apart makes the heart grow fonder.

People often look at the past with rose-tinted glasses. Whilst forgetting all the crap they went through.
Oct 12, 2022 7:52 AM

Feb 2015
I've always thought Bleach was the best of the big 3. I almost never read manga, but I had to read TYBW each week. It was so fun discussing it with my friends. It fucking rocks. One Piss and Narutard sucks my balls, long live Bleach
Oct 12, 2022 8:18 AM

Jan 2019
almightybismarck said:
Nostalgia and better animation than rest of the show airing let to quick turn around. Plus, rise in Fascism lead to desiring Yhwach like characters. I myself got into Bleach because I heard looking at Yhwach and seeing the Otto von Bismarck with Hugo Boss style.

I had to jump in.
>rise in Fascism lead to desiring Yhwach like characters. I myself got into Bleach because I heard looking at Yhwach and seeing the Otto von Bismarck with Hugo Boss style.

Interesting.
Oct 12, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
There are a lot of teenage or young adult Bleach fans who recently watched/read it, so I don't really understand everyone saying nostalgia is such a big reason.

The Bleach fanbase also has a lot of criticism for the tybw arc its not like they all have rose colored glasses. The Anime is an actual chance to change at least some major faults.
removed-userOct 12, 2022 8:25 AM
Oct 12, 2022 8:25 AM
Oct 2017
Bleach stop airing 10 years ago, that's almost a whole generation of young people that grew without watching Bleach in the meanwhile and probably trashed because it was old, not really because they watched it. Now that is relevant again because of the new season and the old guard is starting to talk about it again (or bt voting on mal), the young raise their interest over the show.
Oct 12, 2022 8:36 AM
Dec 2015
We just hyped by nostalgia. Perception hasn't really changed. People are just excited that a fun time from their childhood is coming back.
Oct 12, 2022 8:50 AM

Jan 2016
abystoma2 said:
hiddenhokage said:
Filler % in any anime is completely irrelevant because you can just skip it.

That doesn't really apply here since filler episodes aren't part of the canon story.
Oct 12, 2022 9:19 AM
Sep 2020
Za_Panda said:
Shinmalice said:

Not reading all that thing ๐Ÿค 

My point is bleach is not some pioneer of spiritualism in manga as some fans were calling it, those type of mangas existed before bleach who were the actual pioneers.
That manga is yu yu hakusho from which series like naruto, bleach take heavy inspiration from.

And yes if a series has a popular event that was heavily associated with it, then any series doing that event in future has a high probability of being inspired by it.

Yet your comparison is a very poor one. Bleach is heavily inspired by Saint Seiya
Oct 12, 2022 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
When you taking Vocal Minority as a whole community.
Oct 12, 2022 9:37 AM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
nostalgia. the old pierrot anime is a perfect example of a 5, not bad but it's also not good. just... there.
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Oct 12, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2015
I used to watch the big 3 when they aired together. Bleach was always my favorite. Better music, better aesthetic, more hype.
Oct 12, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
hiddenhokage said:
abystoma2 said:

That doesn't really apply here since filler episodes aren't part of the canon story.
So are you judging the anime or the manga? Because the fillers are absolutely part of the canon anime story.

Oct 12, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2014
1) The "worst" of the Big 3 is going to come from fans of the other 2 series. That isn't unique to Bleach. Naruto was receiving that same "criticism" constantly during its final arc.

2) Soul Society being the only good arc is just something said by a vocal minority. If that was how most people felt then the sales would have reflected that, but the Arrancar arc/saga is the most popular.

3) Filler was certainly an issue back when it was airing, but it doesn't mean anything 10+ years later. You can just skip it now.

I don't doubt you had some people who were just on the hate bandwagon and did make a 180 on the series, but most of us have always wanted the anime to come back, and now we're finally getting what we wanted, so of course there's a lot of excitement surrounding the return.
Oct 12, 2022 10:22 AM
Nov 2014
abystoma2 said:
hiddenhokage said:

So are you judging the anime or the manga? Because the fillers are absolutely part of the canon anime story.

There is literally a filler arc right in the middle of a canon arc that completely breaks the timeline. Where exactly are you putting that filler in the "anime canon" story so it makes any sort of sense?
TheZippotmOct 12, 2022 10:29 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ichigo and yhwach final fight

RaPZoD - May 31

15 by Blontay »»
Jun 2, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

584 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 2, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

219 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 1, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 12, 2022

315 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

271 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 4:03 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.