Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2022 6:30 AM
Jan 2021
This is my opinion but I think the music is easily best soundtrack of this season (shuuhei mutsuki did amazing job) and maybe can be easily nominated for soundtrack of the year(it probably wouldn't bcs of csm, call of the night, demon slayer, spyx,blue lock, aot and liw will/have better osts)
What do you think?

https://youtu.be/9Go62ffKn0s also this is best ost from whole anime
Sep 21, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
I like it but not sure about best
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 21, 2022 6:39 AM

May 2021
MIDAM said:
This is my opinion but I think the music is easily best soundtrack of this season (shuuhei mutsuki did amazing job) and maybe can be easily nominated for soundtrack of the year(it probably wouldn't bcs of csm, call of the night, demon slayer, spyx,blue lock, aot and liw will/have better osts)
What do you think?

it has good ones but can't beat Made in Abyss ost's (Kevin penkin)
Sep 21, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2020
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

Bro it’s clear that you have never watched Made In Abyss. That’s ok.

But please do yourself a favor and watch Made In Abyss and you will hear some of the best anime music in existence. Kevin Penkin is a god.
Sep 21, 2022 6:47 AM
Jul 2020
No, made in Abyss is the best one with cyberpunk coming second.
Sep 21, 2022 6:48 AM
Jan 2021
Mq84jdk said:
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

But please do yourself a favor and watch Made In Abyss and you will hear some of the best anime music in existence. Kevin Penkin is a god.

never watch nor heard ost in that anime
Sep 21, 2022 6:50 AM
Jul 2020
MIDAM said:
Mq84jdk said:

https://youtu.be/EJYKsY0Vcts
Here you go
Sep 21, 2022 6:51 AM
Oct 2020
MIDAM said:
Mq84jdk said:

https://youtu.be/8bR1glLPtaY

Here is a clip from the very first episode of the series so it has no spoilers. This is a good example of how amazing the OST is.
Sep 21, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2020
MIDAM said:
Mq84jdk said:

https://youtu.be/J9faSE7n5m0
And this one is from this season.
Sep 21, 2022 6:52 AM
Jul 2020
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

Oh and overlord op slaps
Sep 21, 2022 7:03 AM

May 2017
Doesn't hold a candle to Made in Abyss
Sep 21, 2022 7:14 AM

Jul 2022
RogerCop said:
MIDAM said:

Dude is bringing the openings to a discussion about ost...
Sep 21, 2022 7:15 AM
Jul 2020
Broximeuh said:
RogerCop said:

OST includes openings.
Sep 21, 2022 7:41 AM
Jun 2022
no bruh,while i agree it is pretty dope but it's clearly not good enough to be soundtrack of the year
Sep 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Jul 2022
RogerCop said:
Broximeuh said:

OST includes openings.

I'd argue that while ost include openings, they are still two different things, and should be discussed separately. The ost and OPs are generally composed by different people (well in MIA, Kevin Penkin did both, but that's more of an exception than the standard) and they are used for a different purpose. The OPs and EPs are used for the credits, and to hype the watcher about the upcoming episode. The ost is here to support the ambiance and add emotions to a scene via music. Sometimes they use an OP for the climax of an anime but that's a one time only thing. They are not composed with the same goal in mind and so I think bringing up the OP in a thread about an anime's ost is off-topic. You're also the only one who brought it up so...
Oh and also, an anime can have a pretty average ost and a banger OP and vice-versa.
Sep 21, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2020
Broximeuh said:
RogerCop said:

OST includes openings.

I'd argue that while ost include openings, they are still two different things, and should be discussed separately. The ost and OPs are generally composed by different people (well in MIA, Kevin Penkin did both, but that's more of an exception than the standard) and they are used for a different purpose. The OPs and EPs are used for the credits, and to hype the watcher about the upcoming episode. The ost is here to support the ambiance and add emotions to a scene via music. Sometimes they use an OP for the climax of an anime but that's a one time only thing. They are not composed with the same goal in mind and so I think bringing up the OP in a thread about an anime's ost is off-topic. You're also the only one who brought it up so...
Oh and also, an anime can have a pretty average ost and a banger OP and vice-versa.

Jesus christ put the Bible down.
Either way from my point of view ops help making the ambience of the show, in the Mia case it shows the wonders of the Abyss opposed to the careless children.
And since when is something wrong just because no one talks about it.
Sep 21, 2022 8:41 AM
Feb 2022
naaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Sep 21, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2022
RogerCop said:
Broximeuh said:

Either way from my point of view ops help making the ambience of the show, in the Mia case it shows the wonders of the Abyss opposed to the careless children.

I didn't say you were wrong, I said you were off topic. And if you don't want to see people write long messages you should go back to Twitter.
Sep 21, 2022 8:46 AM
Jul 2020
Broximeuh said:
RogerCop said:

I didn't say you were wrong, I said you were off topic. And if you don't want to see people write long messages you should go back to Twitter.

I just explained to you why ops can be considered OST, has the soundtrack definition can be applied.
And stop acting like you just didn't pull those paragraphs out of nowhere, you could have easily used fewer words.
Sep 21, 2022 9:05 AM
Apr 2022
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

Pls watch and listen to Made in Abyss OST. The music is composed by none other than the legend Kevin Penkin
Sep 21, 2022 9:20 AM
May 2022
LycoReco and Call of the Night OP/ED have been playing on repeat for me this season. I definitely have to start Made in Abyss now.
Sep 21, 2022 9:35 AM
Sep 2021
Bruh this ain’t even 3rd best. Call of the night is an easy second and even that is dusted but Made in abyss s2. You could make the argument for overlord being 3rd
Sep 21, 2022 10:10 AM
Jun 2020
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

As someone who is really enjoying LycoReco, yes, the soundtracks are very good, but there are already insanely good (and probably better) contenders, like Cyberpunk and Made in Abyss.
Also a bunch of huge shows are still not out, first of all chainsaw man.
So the chance are super low imo.
Little off topic: I love the ED of this show, it's probably my favorite of the year for now.
Sep 21, 2022 1:18 PM
May 2021
nah
the year hasn't even ended
also AOT final season part 2 has much better osts
Sep 21, 2022 1:23 PM

May 2022
soundtrack of the humanity is anything kiniro mosaic related. who the fuck cares about some lycoric recoil?
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Sep 21, 2022 2:10 PM
Aug 2020
Because you have watched 3 animes, doesn't mean there are only 3 ost...
Sep 21, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
Nah, not even close. Call of the Night is a thing.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 21, 2022 3:07 PM
Jul 2022
ya boy konming anyone?
Sep 21, 2022 4:08 PM

May 2021
Kevin Penkin, who is he?

Sep 21, 2022 7:11 PM
Jan 2021
MIDAM said:
What do you think?

How dare you say this while Made in Abyss S2 is airing right alongside Lycoris and has Kevin Penkin's absolutely God tier composing done for it. This show's soundtrack is nothing when compared to it
Sep 21, 2022 9:28 PM
Mar 2021
We have made in abyss, yofukashi no uta, Kaguya Sama, spy family, paripi koumei…Lycoris has good soundtrack but there’s so much more out here even this year.
Sep 22, 2022 4:55 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
The opening is amazing, that’s for sure
Sep 22, 2022 10:29 AM
May 2021
made in abyss and call of the night from this current season both have better osts in my opinion
Sep 22, 2022 10:34 AM

Jan 2021
Everyone forgot about Paripi Koumei, I see...

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Sep 22, 2022 2:01 PM
Aug 2022
I feel like cyberpunk had a better soundtrack
Sep 22, 2022 2:43 PM

May 2020
i think cyberpunk ost is going to win some awards so no
Sep 22, 2022 2:50 PM
Roxy M Greyrat

Feb 2022
It’s good but not as good as made in abyss
Roxy Migurdia~ yes~ ahh~
Sep 22, 2022 3:15 PM
Feb 2017
Not even close. Cyberpunk excels.
Sep 22, 2022 4:09 PM
Apr 2021
You should listen Made in Abyss OST

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

445 by Shocked »»
May 27, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.