Forum Settings
Forums

Permanently Ignore Anime/Manga from Recommendations

New
Aug 24, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2020
There are occasions where you're recommended a series (either on this site or by word of mouth) that you check out and quickly realize you'd never want to watch/read it. It would be nice to have a feature of "Permanently Remove from Suggestions" or something similar. The recommendation algorithm has numerous issues, and it makes it almost unusable without being able to ignore titles.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Aug 24, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2021
Honestly true, I don't really count on MAL suggestions to give me worthwhile manga to read, people's recommendations to manga I've read and liked have given me some of the best stuff I didn't expect to find.

Your suggested feature would be nice to have, if it's just for a very few I'd add drop with nothing read, but if it's about 50 or more then it's a pain and getting everything clumped.

Also on anime.plus linked to your account via MALgraph you can find decent suggestions I think.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

More topics from this board

» Add Filters to Top Lists

rti9 - 6 hours ago

0 by rti9 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Instead of default Rōmaji have an option use officially translated English title

TheSunLife - Sep 13

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

22 by IridescentJaune »»
Sep 23, 8:17 PM

» Prevent very new accounts from creating public interest stacks (And recommendations).

Daviljoe193 - Sep 21

9 by ScaryOwl »»
Sep 23, 2:44 AM

» Like button on user's comments in episode discussions

Katanaoni - Jul 19

8 by CosmicGirl »»
Sep 22, 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.