Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2022 3:04 PM
Feb 2022
Is Nami the first character we see use armament haki? Because she is seen hurting luffy multiple times, and according to the wiki the first time armament haki is seen is in episode 313 with the fist of love from Garp which did work/look like when Nami hurt luffy.
Jul 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
Bo she doesn't use haki. It was confirmed by Oda that this is just a comedy aspect.
Jul 14, 2022 3:33 PM

Sep 2020
Nami doesn't have haki. Technically, every character has haki but being able to activate it and use it is the hard part.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 14, 2022 3:39 PM
Sep 2021
That's just comedy/a joke by Oda (and Toei).

Although there are theorys about Nami already having some kind of haki.

Either a special observation haki (e.g. because of her weather sense) and/or her punching the sh*t out of Luffy, Zoro, Sanji. xD

But her punching them is mostly (and/or most likely) just for comedy.
Jul 14, 2022 3:43 PM
Feb 2019
I’m pretty sure she has observation Haki to know when a storm is coming.
Jul 14, 2022 3:59 PM

Apr 2022
Madgimmy said:

nah bc if it was observation haki, then shouldn't luffy and zoro who have mastered all 3 types of haki, be able to also know when a storm was coming
Jul 14, 2022 4:21 PM
Sep 2015
ryzxgum said:
Madgimmy said:

nah bc if it was observation haki, then shouldn't luffy and zoro who have mastered all 3 types of haki, be able to also know when a storm was coming

Actually observation haki seems to be the one that manifests in several different ways depending on the person. Like how Usopp can see through walls at a distance but we’ve never seen Luffy do that. Not everyone who has observation is able to hear the voices of people with “mantra” but Eneru and Koby can. You say Zoro has mastered all three types of haki but he’s never been able to use observation to find his way around or know where his friends are even after they were just with him. So Nami being able to use observation to determine weather patterns honestly doesn’t seem like it’s that much of stretch to believe. It at least doesn’t break the pattern of characters having unique haki abilities anyway.
Jul 14, 2022 4:33 PM
Feb 2019
Kojiro91 said:
ryzxgum said:

Actually observation haki seems to be the one that manifests in several different ways depending on the person. Like how Usopp can see through walls at a distance but we’ve never seen Luffy do that. Not everyone who has observation is able to hear the voices of people with “mantra” but Eneru and Koby can. You say Zoro has mastered all three types of haki but he’s never been able to use observation to find his way around or know where his friends are even after they were just with him. So Nami being able to use observation to determine weather patterns honestly doesn’t seem like it’s that much of stretch to believe. It at least doesn’t break the pattern of characters having unique haki abilities anyway.

I guess I didn’t need to explain it as you explained it very well🤟🏽
Jul 14, 2022 4:57 PM

Apr 2022
Kojiro91 said:
ryzxgum said:

in usopp's case he awakened his observation haki in that moment. but we're talking about nami who can predict the weather right from the beginning of show, so how can nami just naturally have observation haki without it once being pointed out by anyone like shiki bc you know they wanted to kidnapp her so they could've said observation haki as a reasoning but they didn't, no ever has. as for for zoro not being able to know his way around, that's just for comedic effect just like nami's strength at times. i agree it's not that much of a stretch, however it still doesn't exactly make sense that she'd just have it from that early on
Jul 14, 2022 9:59 PM
Jun 2021
This happens in a lot of anime when the female characters have their fists animated really big and their anger helps them knock sense into the boys around them that are acting like idiots like Sakura in Naruto and Rukia in Bleach
Jul 15, 2022 2:07 AM
Jul 2022
Madgimmy said:

That is kind of her knowledge or area of expertise from the time she spent on Skypeia.
I highly doubt she has Kenbonshoku Haki, or why'd she keep getting hurt by minor attacks which she can dodge easily till date
Jul 15, 2022 6:24 AM
Feb 2022
EcchiLover1 said:
Is Nami the first character we see use armament haki? Because she is seen hurting luffy multiple times, and according to the wiki the first time armament haki is seen is in episode 313 with the fist of love from Garp which did work/look like when Nami hurt luffy.

He also have Conqueror haki, ar the public Bath scene in wano multiple strong pirates feel to the ground after seeing her. (Sanji,Drake,and other persoans.)
Jul 15, 2022 6:43 AM
Feb 2019
Maverick_jd said:
Madgimmy said:

That is kind of her knowledge or area of expertise from the time she spent on Skypeia.
I highly doubt she has Kenbonshoku Haki, or why'd she keep getting hurt by minor attacks which she can dodge easily till date

So you would also then say that usopp seeing through walls was from his training Bowin Islands and not observation haki. It comes in different ways depending on how you are to use it.
Jul 15, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2019
Madgimmy said:

No, she's just incredibly knowledgeable about weather and she can identify subtle shifts in atmospheric pressure, wind patterns, and other weather anomalies that most people wouldn't pick up on. That's how she knows when a storm is approaching. It's not that she's seeing into the future or anything, she just knows about meteorology.
Jul 17, 2022 9:55 PM
Mar 2013
ryzxgum said:
Kojiro91 said:

in usopp's case he awakened his observation haki in that moment. but we're talking about nami who can predict the weather right from the beginning of show, so how can nami just naturally have observation haki without it once being pointed out by anyone like shiki bc you know they wanted to kidnapp her so they could've said observation haki as a reasoning but they didn't, no ever has. as for for zoro not being able to know his way around, that's just for comedic effect just like nami's strength at times. i agree it's not that much of a stretch, however it still doesn't exactly make sense that she'd just have it from that early on

The movies are not cannon, so Strong World never really happened

Also Oda does like to leave some thinks in between the lines, so it could be that. When Nami predicts that hurricane (?) after Little Garden, Vivi says something about how it was weird and not normal that she could feel that, like she felt on her skin. This part really made more sense to me on the reread. So yeah, I think Nami has observation haki tuned on weather (like Luffy's is tuned on animals and Sanji on... women's tears??) She doesn't have training so it's unconscious, kinda like how Luffy found Mr. 3 real self in Little Garden and called it "instinct". I'm pretty sure Oda hadn't decided everything about haki at that point in history but he was thinking of >>something<<

I really wish Oda shows more of it, Observation is perfect for her and Usopp

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 22 minutes ago

2 by wallus81 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

59 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

56 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

47 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

51 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.