Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2021 12:13 AM

Dec 2020
A theory about Yuji, Sukuna and the binding vow between them.

We all know that Sukuna has a plan. While, we cannot say for sure what his exact plan is, this is my theory about what Sukuna has planned.

There is a popular theory that Sukuna wants Megumi for his Ten Shadows Technique and that Technique will help Sukuna to gain his original body. And we know that in the past, a Zenin with Ten Shadows was able to take down a Gojo with Limitless and Six Eyes.

According to the current power of the Ten Shadows Technique, it will be impossible for Megumi to take down Gojo. So, there must be something about the Ten Shadows Technique we still don't know about. However, will Sukuna, the King of Curses, scatter his fingers and wait with hope that one day he will meet someone with Ten Shadows? This leads me to believe that Sukuna doesn't want Megumi to regain his body. He wants Megumi for something else.

Now, how does Sukuna plan to get his body back? Well, he doesn't. Instead, he wants to take over Itadori's body.
Over the course of 169 chapters (the number of chapters at the time of writing this), we have never once seen Sukuna express his displeasure over Itadori's body. However, we have seen him pissed off over the fact that Itadori still has control over his body.

So, his plan revolves around gaining full control over Itadori's body. How will he do that? Through the binding vow he has made with Itadori when he fixed his heart.

Here, we can see that Itadori doesn't remember that he made a vow with Sukuna. He thinks that they just talked and Sukuna fixed his heart. Sukuna realises this and confirms that Itadori has indeed lost his memories about the vow.

Sukuna knows about the shape of souls. Then, there is a very real possibility that he could have healed Junpei here. And in return could have forced Itadori to make another vow. A more powerful one. But he didn't. He just laughed it off. ( which made Mahito think that Sukuna cannot interact with souls and later paid for it when Yuji punched and damaged him).
I am not going to argue whether Sukuna could have healed Junpei here or not. We don't know that. But, Sukuna was just pleased to know that Itadori had forgotten about the vow and laughed instead of trying to take that as an opportunity to make a better vow. Now why didn't he do that? Because he doesn't need to. The vow he has made is sufficient for him to get control of Itadori's body.

Here, we can see that Sukuna says that Itadori's future and everything is his. And that Itadori is helpless.

Here, we see Uraume, Sukuna's sub-ordinate, already addressing Itadori's body as Sukuna's.

So, what is the most basic thing about Binding Vows? That all the sides must WILLINGLY follow it. The "will" part is important. The Binding vow between Sukuna and Itadori states that: When Sukuna says,"Enchain" , Itadori will hand over his body to Sukuna for one minute. But how will Itadori hand over his body to Sukuna if he doesn't even remember the terms of the vow?

He can't. He will break the vow as soon as Sukuna says Enchain. And after Shibuya, Itadori has seen how dangerous Sukuna is. There is no way Itadori is letting Sukuma out by himself. Itadori will break the vow and suffer the consequences.
The keyword to remember is "mutually, willingly". Itadori won't be able to complete his part of the contract.

Unfortunately, we don't know the consequences of breaking a vow. We have seen Sukuna and Kenjaku describe the consequences as "unknown" and "the worst can happen".

Itadori will lose everything...even his body to Sukuna.
Sukuna is extremely patient. He has waited over a thousand years, why not a few months more.

So what is Sukuna waiting for?
1) I think he is waiting for Megumi to reach his potential. Which again, has something to do with Sukuna's plan. Not the plan to gain control over Itadori's body but some other plan.

2) He is waiting for Itadori to be the most vulnerable. When Itadori will 100% refuse to let Sukuna out.

3)And, the last point...
We know that Itadori was made by Kenjaku. For all we know, Kenjaku made Itadori to be Sukuna's vessel.

We see that Sukuna was already a player in the Culling Game. Itadori was already considered a Culling Game player before he participated.

They consider the possibility that the Culling Game was a part of the contract between Sukuna and Kenjaku 1000 years ago when Kenjaku turned Sukuna into a cursed object after his death.

We see that both Yuji and Megumi think that Yuji consuming the finger might not have been out of Yuji's own free will. Everything right from Yuji consuming Sukuna's finger after Kenjaku made Yuji for the very purpose of containing Sukuna was all part of Kenjaku's plan. The plan which will end with the Culling Game.
So, there is a possibility that Kenjaku has a contract made with Yuji and Sukuna wants to find what it is about. That is the third reason Sukuna hasn't used the Binding Vow yet. He wants to be extremely sure Kenjaku doesn't have any secret cards to play.

This is all just a theory though. It might be right.
It might be entirely wrong. Let's wait and see I guess.

troilus_05sDec 27, 2021 5:49 AM
Dec 27, 2021 5:58 AM
Apr 2021
Ya that is possible. Interesting theory btw.
Dec 27, 2021 8:33 AM
Nov 2021
Damn, I love this theory. I don't like that it would make absolute sense...
Dec 27, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2020
great theory

But if I remember correctly, Jogo said transfigured humans can't be healed using RCT, so I don't think Sukuna could've healed Junpei unless he has something else up his sleeves.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Jan 1, 2022 9:13 AM

Dec 2020
Mayora_oji13 said:
great theory

But if I remember correctly, Jogo said transfigured humans can't be healed using RCT, so I don't think Sukuna could've healed Junpei unless he has something else up his sleeves.

Yup, that is true.
Jan 1, 2022 9:14 AM

Dec 2020
Rose_Player said:
I don't understand the theory. What does it says ?

That Sukuna won the moment Yuji made that vow with him. He is just waiting for the right moment to use the vow.
Jan 2, 2022 3:15 AM

Dec 2020
Rose_Player said:
troilus_05s said:

That Sukuna won the moment Yuji made that vow with him. He is just waiting for the right moment to use the vow.
It's not really a theory, I mean we already saw how things turned out after the shibuya incident

What does Shibuya have to do with what I wrote?

Sukuna never used to vow there.
Jan 4, 2022 8:54 PM

Dec 2020
Rose_Player said:
troilus_05s said:

What does Shibuya have to do with what I wrote?

Sukuna never used to vow there.
because the shibuya incident show us that yuji already has no control over sukuna, the whole arc just ignore the rules of the vow. Sukuna "wins", but the truth is we don't really know what's going on, and what plan half of the characters have in mind, so I'm not gonna theorize about anything.

Yuji has control over Sukuna. The only reason Sukuna came out during Shibuya is that Yuji was fed all 10 fingers together rather than one finger a day. This was mentioned.
The arc never ignored the rules of the vow. Sukuna didn't have to use it.
Do you really read it properly? Or just speedread it?

More topics from this board

» Gege is an artistic genius

Dumb - Sep 30

25 by ryzxgum »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Sep 26

196 by thekrusche »»
10 hours ago

» Authors health

Jollyne7 - Oct 2

39 by Jakkun »»
Oct 5, 9:55 PM

» Once chapter left to end this...

Nugi97 - Sep 20

21 by squeekeez »»
Oct 5, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 264 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Jul 24

82 by ReaperCreeper »»
Oct 4, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.