Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2021 2:41 PM
Aug 2021
Which do you guys prefer Yuu Yuu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter I personality luv both but I think I like Hunter x Hunter a little better but I was just wondering which you guys like, I see a lot of positive feedback of Yuu Yuu and hardy any hate which is good but i see a lot more hate towards Hunter x Hunter maybe cuz it's more popular and new, Anyways what do u guys think?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
I like yu yu hakusho more
It terms of main characters it is better
And it is a completed work
Sep 1, 2021 2:53 PM
Jun 2021
I really liked Yu Yu Hakusho at first but it doesn't have as much of a plot as HunterxHunter so really I'd Yu Yu Hakusho a bit more because of the characters.
Sep 1, 2021 2:57 PM

Jul 2021
I prefer yu yu hakusho, I think it's better than 2011's HXH, as things were much more organized and stuff, just my opinion
com grandes poderes vem grandes loucuras

Sandman=based
Sep 1, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't why, but I just couldn't get into HxH.
Sep 1, 2021 3:14 PM
Dec 2019
Yu Yu hakusho is way better than HxH, YYH was good for its time and is good for even now because it’s just one of the those shounen short legends. I’ve never stopped watching an episode of YYH no matter how many times I rewatched the anime but I can’t say the same For HxH, it was kinda underwhelming for the hype around it, yeah HxH is a great anime but YYH is a masterpiece.
Sep 1, 2021 4:09 PM

May 2020
I'll also vote for Yu Yu Hakusho over HxH(2011) for the following reasons:

1. The show was captivating from ep 1; in case of HxH I found myself googliing a few times for a "when does it get good" information, then forced myself to reach that 20th~ ep before I could actually start feeling invested.
2. I really liked the characters with no exceptions, their interactions, even regular conversations between them were enjoyable to witness while the same feeling never hit me with the HxH main cast
3. The atmosphere was consequently dark throughout the whole show, HxH was mixed in that regard
4. Fan favorite arcs: I binge-watched the Dark Tournament (YYH) and I can't think of a single thing I didn't like about it, on the other hand I had a couple of issues with the Ant Arc(HxH). It felt too long and the narrative at some point became overly-descriptive to the point it felt like a parody of shonen.

Some of the things in HxH I find better - I preferred its large world and the adventurous setting. Also, the OST: both of them have some of my all time favorites, but HxH simply wins with quantity.

I should probably give HxH a rewatch (maybe the 1999 version this time?). It's been 3 months since I've seen YYH for the first time, but around 4 years with HxH, so perhaps the recentness has me a little biased :)

I see. Your only option is to revolutionize the world.
Sep 1, 2021 4:09 PM
May 2021
I have only recently finished Yu Yu Hakusho but I've finished Hunter X Hunter like a year ago so I have more nostalgia for it. To me they're both pretty much equal but I would say that yyh is slightly better, simply because the overall quality of the story is better.
Sep 1, 2021 4:13 PM
Apr 2020
Couldn't get pass the dark tournament arc, and had to really force myself to watvh that arc where they rescue that girl from the tower. I genuinely think its just nostalgia that's just carrying this series. Hxh has better characters, better world, powersystem and plot.
Sep 1, 2021 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hakusho. HXH becomes garbage after Greed Island.
Sep 1, 2021 4:20 PM
Sep 2021
definitely Hakusho, but I would like to see more Hunter Hunter
Sep 1, 2021 4:22 PM
May 2021
rAFKEY said:
Couldn't get pass the dark tournament arc, and had to really force myself to watvh that arc where they rescue that girl from the tower. I genuinely think its just nostalgia that's just carrying this series. Hxh has better characters, better world, powersystem and plot.
As someone who's watched hxh before yyh and has more nostalgia for hxh, I still like yyh more.
Sep 1, 2021 4:25 PM
May 2021
AmityBlight said:
The chimera Ant arc is better than every arc in yyh. I love the dark tournament arc but it's no where near as good as the chimera Ant arc.
Sep 1, 2021 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
CornflakeSnow said:
AmityBlight said:
The chimera Ant arc is better than every arc in yyh. I love the dark tournament arc but it's no where near as good as the chimera Ant arc.

Chimera Ant just boring and dragged out way too long.
Sep 1, 2021 4:29 PM
Aug 2021
AmityBlight said:
CornflakeSnow said:

I agree it is very boring and love hxh
Sep 1, 2021 4:32 PM
May 2021
AmityBlight said:
CornflakeSnow said:

Even though it was long and the pacing wasn't the best, it was still an incredible arc. Mereum had an amazing character arc. Gon's decent into darkness is legendary and that final scene with kumogi and Mereum killed me.
Sep 1, 2021 5:00 PM

Oct 2018
Yu yu hakusho because HxH is crap.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 1, 2021 5:13 PM
Jun 2017
I finished Yuu Yuu Hakusho yesterday and i became obsessed with it , more than Hunter
Sep 1, 2021 6:06 PM
Jul 2021
In my opinion yu yu hakusho is way better then hunter hunter.
Yu yu hakusho is more enjoyable and the we can’t forget the banger opening. Hxh was in my opinion a 7/10. My reason is that the story’s plot was pretty decent but I didn’t enjoy some arcs and it was badly paced and we can’t forget that it’s incomplete and it most likely will never come back.
Yu yu hakusho had amazing arcs and I didn’t get board watching it and it was just way more enjoyable then hunter hunter.

YYH-
Characters - 10/10
Plot- 9/10
Music-10/10
Arcs-10/10
enjoyment- 10/10

Overall yu yu hakusho is a 10/10

Hxh-
Characters- 9/10
Plot- 7/10
Music-8/10
Arcs-7/10
Enjoyment- 8/10

Overall hxh is a 7.5/10
Sep 1, 2021 6:12 PM
Apr 2021
Hunter X Hunter. I still absolutely adore Yuu Yuu though.
Sep 1, 2021 7:03 PM

Dec 2016
None of both of Togashi works can be called overall satisfying, however, it's hard to argue in favor of YYH when HxH has the more interesting characters, worldbuilding, levels of creativity and thematic exploration when it comes to the objective merits.

Also YYH has in reality one (and only one) good arc: Chapter Black. Spirit Detective is mediocre, Dark Tournament is subpar and Three Kings is straight up terrible.
Sep 1, 2021 8:07 PM
Feb 2021
Seeing as I finish HunterxHunter and I'm still stuck on episode 63 of Yu yu Hakasho I would say HunterxHunter is better. The Characters in HunterxHunter are more enjoyable to watch than in Yu yu Hakasho.
Sep 1, 2021 8:19 PM
Aug 2019
Hunter x hunter 100%. Yu Yu Hakusho just is nastalgic for people. I loved hunter x hunter but yu is ajust a good simple shonen now. Hxh beats it in plot, pacing, animation, and even power system. Opinion can slightly very with those though. I found Yu Yu Hakusho boring myself and stopped during dark tournament because that was when it was supposed to get way better but the writing was horrible and outdated. I don't remember specifics now but there was constant plot holes.
Sep 1, 2021 10:02 PM

Oct 2020
Yu Yu Hakusho is clear

Sep 2, 2021 7:51 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 40 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 26, 2009

28 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 105 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 5, 2010

28 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 104 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 5, 2010

40 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 33 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

29 by prozyne »»
May 20, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 39 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 26, 2009

36 by KoniginElle »»
May 15, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.