Forum Settings
Forums
New
Can manga and anime change your life?
Aug 26, 2020 12:09 PM

Oct 2015
For me it really did, and I have no regrets, anime and manga have inspired me so much and learning so much as well, it is big part of my life and I am will be forever anime and manga fan ^^

How about you?
Aug 26, 2020 12:12 PM
Jun 2020
I finished the second season of Aldnoah Zero. I think it gave me cancer.
Aug 26, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
I decided to change my life because of the ideal lifestyles the authors put into animes. I am studying Japanese and have made actions to move my job to Japan to discover more about different lives of different people and after that use my knowledge to benefit both Japan and my country! Gambarimasu 😆😆
Aug 26, 2020 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
Oh absolutely, they made me the person I am today, including japanese games like JRPGs.
Aug 26, 2020 12:27 PM

Dec 2018
Definitely. Before getting invested in anime, god knows how much time I wasted. Now I don't waste a single minute, start an anime as soon as I'm free. [Watching anime isn't a waste of time, I think we can all agree on that].
Aug 26, 2020 12:29 PM

Feb 2018
Oh of course it can, there's nothing an anime addiction can't ruin.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Aug 26, 2020 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
I would have been an even greater asshole if I only watched American cartoons.
Aug 26, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
If you mean to change to worse yes, yes it can.
Aug 26, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2017
it can. it can change many many lives, in the way books, cinema, plays, sports, music, and any other creative medium can. personally, while i love anime, i, unfortunately, can't say it's 'changed my life', i however can comment on the impact i know it's had on many.

recently was the one year anniversary of the kyoto animation studio fire. while it was a great loss for everyone, it did show the power anime can have. family and fans all showed their love with memorials and donations - the gofundme page by sentai filmworks raised over $2 million, 1.75 million more than the goal. money like that doesn't come about from people who aren't dedicated to what they love. kyoani's work inspired their fans, and the fans returned the favour. i think this shows above all else how peoples lives can be changed by anime, or anything they love <3
Aug 26, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Can it change your life? Yes. Has it changed my life yet in the 5 years that I've been into anime? Not much, other than being something I choose to do in most of my free time, as well as other little temporary things here and there. I wish I could say it's changed my life, like inspired me to go into some career path or something.
Aug 26, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2020
It's again another way of seeing life and experiencing it through dozens of wonderful stories, crazy worlds, beautiful musics, surreal animation and amazing characters, so yes, it does change us, but most of the time it's hard to realize it if we don't pay attention to any of these small details...
Aug 26, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
Yes. I found my dream through an anime, and when I realized it was impossible I destroyed it using another anime as the base.

I doubt I will ever fin another life-chaging anime, even more when I think that I'm more or less an empty shell, but without anime I wouldn't have found what I wanted to do with my life.

I'm unsure whether it was good or not, but it's a fact that anime did change my life.
Aug 26, 2020 1:33 PM

Jan 2019
wape said:

Under-rated comment. I've not seen the show but I think this is all I need to know about it.
Aug 26, 2020 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
CallMeHoot said:
wape said:

Under-rated comment. I've not seen the show but I think this is all I need to know about it.

The first half was so good, and than it all went to shit during the second season.
Aug 26, 2020 1:44 PM

Jan 2020
There are two types of changing ur life

Does anime inspiring urself to be a better person? Nah anime is just for entertainment , go motivate urself

Does anime making ur life a bit happier? Of course
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Aug 26, 2020 10:57 PM

Oct 2019
Yes, I think that some are able to impact someone's life in a good way. It also goes for anime characters too. Some are comfort characters that help make the person feel better.
Aug 26, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2010
Yes, Anime has changed the way I live my life forever and I believe that it can deliver the same benefit which I have received.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Aug 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Jul 2019
It definitely can. Didn't happen to me, but couple of friends managed to get over some personal problems just by watching anime.
Aug 27, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2020
Oh totally, just like how every other entertainment medium can. Not only does it allow you to find other people and communities and people with similar interests, it just can generally give you something to look forward to each day, which can go a very long way.
Aug 27, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2020
For me... maybe?!
Because picking up anime & manga helped restart my love for illustration & comic arts (after a year of being burnt-out from it) but that's just about it & I'm still not sure if I'll do comic arts as a career yet

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao
Oct 31, 2020 8:38 PM

Sep 2020
oh yes, it has definitely changed the way I waste time

More topics from this board

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

28 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

110 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
19 minutes ago

» Characters you want to sit on you / in your lap uwu

IpreferEcchi - Jun 10

32 by MinakoBestGirl »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 3 hours ago

11 by Swyzen »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.