Forum Settings
Forums

Option to opt out of lazy loading of images

New
Feb 1, 2020 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Ever since it's recent introduction, the "lazy" method of loading images on MAL was bothering me. The one issue i have with it is how it alters the layout of an already loaded page:
Genoard said:
For example, if i search through contents of the page with Ctrl+F, the images that load afterwards start taking additional space on the page and make page elements shift further below so information i searched for ends up pushed off-screen.

>Here's a video demonstration<

Another example is when i open a tab in background, and switch to it later i get to see the animation of images appearing on the page and elements moving around to make place for the images, in other word the page takes additional time to render and is not ready for browsing immediately which might not be a big deal but i find it rather annoying.

Although other users might gain a minor benefits from such method of serving images like slightly less bandwidth consumption, i would like if we were given an option to choose the way the site serves content to suit our preferences.
GenoardFeb 1, 2020 9:35 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Sep 2017
This could easily be fixed by either giving the tag a fixed width/height or having a placeholder with the same dimensions.

An option would be nice, but if the implementation didn't destroy the layout it would be even better.

More topics from this board

» Why Current Events should come back

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

45 by DigiCat »»
Today, 1:41 AM

» Change favorite pictures

Tsunamii_ - May 18, 2023

6 by Dumb »»
Today, 12:00 AM

» Comment section for individual Interest Stacks

MagicFlier - Yesterday

0 by MagicFlier »»
Yesterday, 9:43 PM

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - Yesterday

0 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 9:36 PM

» Add a link to manga entry in Manga Store when store is not available

bozal19 - Yesterday

0 by bozal19 »»
Yesterday, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.