Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 27, 2009 12:00 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Though Faldio is starting to get on my nerves.
Aug 27, 2009 3:13 PM

Aug 2008
What a ridiculous episode with bad developments and worse art. Cordelia looked totally weird the whole entire show, and then Valkyrie Alicia looked totally colorless and ...off.

I'm going to need to see Faldio die for his behavior in the last couple of episodes. Instead of just saying something, he shoots Alicia, kidnaps Cordelia, and continues to cry and whine when he thinks he might be wrong. Terrible.

I especially love how broken the show feels with this episode. In just a couple of minutes, everyone's motivation and the whole plot seemed to be reduced to nothingness...and that's just when we get the hint that Selvaria knows Alicia. Not a worse trope could have been unveiled at a worse time.

This is what bad episodes are made of, and its disheartening that it happened in this show that while mediocre, hasn't been bad. What's worse is that it looks like a lot of people have totally eaten it up. Maybe it worked in the game, but it just doesn't fly here for me.
Aug 27, 2009 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
Nah, shitty writing + Faldio's OOC. He could have explained to Alicia the circumstances instead of shooting her and not giving her a chance to decide to fight (which is what he would have done if he was IC). This plus the last episode have totally ruined his character for no reason, they could have very easily integrated his actions (awakening Alicia) without tearing his characterisation to hell. Which sucks, since he's my favourite. :/
yamakasiAug 27, 2009 9:36 PM
Aug 27, 2009 11:20 PM

Apr 2008
man ... that was overwhelming xD

Aug 27, 2009 11:26 PM

Jun 2008
yamakasi said:
Nah, shitty writing + Faldio's OOC. He could have explained to Alicia the circumstances instead of shooting her and not giving her a chance to decide to fight (which is what he would have done if he was IC). This plus the last episode have totally ruined his character for no reason, they could have very easily integrated his actions (awakening Alicia) without tearing his characterisation to hell. Which sucks, since he's my favourite. :/

First Faldio has knowledge about Valkyrias than no other has and obviously he came to the conclusion that for her to awaken her powers that fast that's what he had to do.
Faldio didn't become some evil overlord or anything. It seems to me that people must see the last episodes again. When he shot her he was crying and he said "I'm sorry" because he really didn't want to do it. That's why he was hoping before the battle that they wouldn't need to use her powers.
After he shot her he threw the gun away from his hand because he was disgusted with his action and then immediately thought of his dead squad to convince himself that he was doing the right thing to save everyone from having the same fate as they did.

And it wasn't really out of character. Faldio has shown before that opposite to Welkin he is the kind of man that reacts to the situations of war and accepts that you can't do everything morally. And that's what he did. He did what he had to do to save everyone. And let's be honest, those that are alive now, they are alive because Faldio did what he did. The guy saved them.
And in the end the biggest sacrifice was probably himself. He sacrificed his relationship with Alicia to save the others and when Alicia was saying "Welkin", he didn't get all proud and angry thinking why Welkin and not me but he accepted it and told her "Yes Alicia go and save Welkin".
Sometimes the hero might look like the bad guy but make no mistake, in terms of saving lives Faldio was a hero.

Maybe am the only one but i don't think less of Faldio after this. In the contrary i think more of him. If Welkin was in his shoes they will probably all be dead including Alicia because he wouldn't have the guts to do anything.
MonadAug 27, 2009 11:32 PM
Aug 27, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
yamakasi said:

First Faldio has knowledge about Valkyrias than no other has and obviously he came to the conclusion that for her to awaken her powers that fast that's what he had to do.
Faldio didn't become some evil overlord or anything. It seems to me that people must see the last episodes again. When he shot her he was crying and he said "I'm sorry" because he really didn't want to do it. That's why he was hoping before the battle that they wouldn't need to use her powers.
After he shot her he threw the gun away from hs hand because he was disgusted with his action and then immediately thought of his dead squad to convince himself that he was doing the right thing to save everyone from having the same fate as they did.

And it wasn't really out of character. Faldio has shown before that opposite to Welkin he is the kind of man that reacts to the situations of war and accepts that you can't do everything morally. And that's what he did. He did what he had to do to save everyone. And let's be honest, those that are alive now they are because Faldio did what he did. The guy saved them.
And in the end the biggest sacrifice was probably himself. He sacrificed his relationship with Alicia to save the others and when Alicia was saying "Welkin", he didn't get all proud and angry thinking why Welkin and not me but he accepted it and told her "Yes Alicia go and save Welkin".
Sometimes the hero might look like the bad guy but make no mistake, in terms of saving lives Faldio was a hero.

Maybe am the only one but i don't think less of Faldio after this. In the contrary i think more of him. If Welkin was in his shoes they will probably all be dead including Alicia because he wouldn't have the guts to do anything.
Maybe you are right, well i cried when Faldio is **** on the game,,
Aug 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Jun 2008
Monad said:
yamakasi said:

After he shot her he threw the gun away from his hand because he was disgusted with his action and then immediately thought of his dead squad to convince himself that he was doing the right thing to save everyone from having the same fate as they did.

And it wasn't really out of character. Faldio has shown before that opposite to Welkin he is the kind of man that reacts to the situations of war and accepts that you can't do everything morally. And that's what he did. He did what he had to do to save everyone. And let's be honest, those that are alive now, they are alive because Faldio did what he did. The guy saved them.

Well said, I totally agree with you. There was really no better way than awakening Alicia because Faldio had first-hand experience of the dominating powers of a valkyrian; he knew that they cannot win unless Alicia awakens. He was the most rational person during that time, despite suffering from trauma due to his lost of comrades and later his love. We can see from his facial expressions that he painfully decided to awaken Alicia by shooting her, and that took bravery which I highly doubt Welkin was capable of. I'd say Faldio did the right thing. Though many people might see it as morally wrong, it was what's needed to be able to save the Gallia force. Such decision by Faldio saved many more lives from dying at the hands of Selvaria. (No comment about Largo's invincibility cheat though ^_^")

Therefore, I don't think Faldio should deserve any hatred from people. (If you all hated him for shooting Alicia, then you should also hate Lelouch from Geass for all his sinful acts.) Even after so much losses, Faldio chose to act rationally and wished to save his remaining friends. Although being indirectly rejected by Alicia was painful, he still decided to support his friend, Welkin, and the rest of the Gallia army. He was the real hero who saved Gallia's last defense line from being wiped, at the cost of his squad, his reputation, and his love. Faldio no doubt has just earned more respect from me.

If Faldio hadn't supported/assisted Welkin in many operations in the past, Welkin might not have been so successful, its funny how Welkin -- because of his family name -- received all the honors and respect from others; meanwhile, Faldio didn't receive as much attention and respect as he deserves.

That said,
"A true hero does not seek fame or acknowledgement from his/her accomplishments."
HaowyAug 28, 2009 2:20 AM
Aug 28, 2009 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Does this mean Welkin is only a whimp and Faldio is an all mighty Hero?

A bitter and lonely road for a Hero
Aug 28, 2009 7:00 AM

Jun 2008
Laevantein said:

No, it means that one has accepted his human nature and tries to do what he can with that while the other doesn't accept the world around him and his inability to do everything thinking there will be some God like solution to all things. But Welkin looks to be slowly maturing.
MonadAug 28, 2009 9:01 AM
Aug 28, 2009 7:16 AM

Jul 2008
At least there was some reason to Faldio shooting Alicia rather then him going crazy, although he wasn't far from being out of his mind in this episode. The Alicia killing machine was nice.
Aug 28, 2009 8:02 AM

Jul 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
At least there was some reason to Faldio shooting Alicia rather then him going crazy, although he wasn't far from being out of his mind in this episode. The Alicia killing machine was nice.
Hmm, Killing Machine, well looking forward to that when Alicia realize she is a killing machine, what would happen to her emotions and her surrounding, i mean yesterday she is an ordinary bakery and today she is suddenly a Valkyria that every one on Galia depend on to get rid of the Imperial, and what can Welkin do to prevent disorder emotional that probably will happening to Alicia if Alicia is quiet unable to accept her real nature as Valkyria.
Aug 28, 2009 11:00 AM

Apr 2009
Wasn't sure until this episode if faldio had gone bonkers or not. Glad to know he isn't completely insane. (He's still not doin' so hot though) I can't wait for the next episode where alicia gets to come to terms with her super awesome killing powers! Rawr.
Aug 28, 2009 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
kariohki said:
This was the most random episode EVER. The fight scene between Selvie and Alicia was badass, though.
Faldio was annoying going "Alicia! Alicia!" all episode. And lol, he lost to Welkin. Him kidnapping the princess, really that whole scene, was Random Point #1
Random Point #2 was Alicia appearing out of nowhere in the battle field. How did she sneak past everyone else at the camp?
Random Point #3 was Max and Largo taking no damage when they were attacked. Invincibility cheats?
Random Point #4 was that shot of chibi Alicia. Does Selvie suddenly know Alicia from somewhere?

This is why I rated it a 3...that and the art is still wonky in far shots.

Random point 1: As you have seen Faldio didn't have time to go in the formal way and to explain everything to these guys, he couldn't also run and take the weapon and run since he would probably have been shot. Taking the princess as an hostage was the best way since it's the only one they won't take any chance to have her harmed.

Random point 2: No need for her to sneak, everyone is concentred on defending the last line and they have no time to worry about a freak who want to move on the battlefield, hence it will only add support. We are in war and they are warrior, it's not a battleground in a city where there's the police to stop the civilian from comming in. Alicia is in the 7th squad and look like she can fight, they have no reason to stop her when her squad is on the front, at worst they would say to her that she's late and should go to the front ASAP.

Random point 3: Largo dodged it, you can easely see that he jumped at the last second to evade it. Maximilian had Sylvaria to save him, he was in a tank so if the tank blewed up before he would be out he would be dead anyway so the tank blowed up after Sylvaria rescued him. Sylvaria may be weaker than this coma-valyria Alicia but if she put her energy to save one guys I'm pretty much sure she can do it before Alicia charge her attack. Also I doubt that the powerlevel will stay like this, I predict that next time Alicia goes into Valkyria mode she will be concious and thus a lot weaker than now. Don't forget that Valkyria can move insanely fast, at least at a speed that the human eyes can't catch and that was from the point of view of Sylvaria: someone who already can see bullet and walk through them so I guess it's a safe bet to say that they can go about sound speed.

Random point 4: I guess so, they are both successor of Valkyria power's. It's not something you can have randomly when you are born, it's from their family lineage. Also Sylvaria was found by Maximilian when she was little, it would have been stranger in my view if Sylvaria and Alicia hadn't any relation.

There's it's really less random when you do analyze things.
Aug 29, 2009 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
maxime1007 said:
kariohki said:
This was the most random episode EVER. The fight scene between Selvie and Alicia was badass, though.
Faldio was annoying going "Alicia! Alicia!" all episode. And lol, he lost to Welkin. Him kidnapping the princess, really that whole scene, was Random Point #1
Random Point #2 was Alicia appearing out of nowhere in the battle field. How did she sneak past everyone else at the camp?
Random Point #3 was Max and Largo taking no damage when they were attacked. Invincibility cheats?
Random Point #4 was that shot of chibi Alicia. Does Selvie suddenly know Alicia from somewhere?

This is why I rated it a 3...that and the art is still wonky in far shots.

Random point 1: As you have seen Faldio didn't have time to go in the formal way and to explain everything to these guys, he couldn't also run and take the weapon and run since he would probably have been shot. Taking the princess as an hostage was the best way since it's the only one they won't take any chance to have her harmed.

Random point 2: No need for her to sneak, everyone is concentred on defending the last line and they have no time to worry about a freak who want to move on the battlefield, hence it will only add support. We are in war and they are warrior, it's not a battleground in a city where there's the police to stop the civilian from comming in. Alicia is in the 7th squad and look like she can fight, they have no reason to stop her when her squad is on the front, at worst they would say to her that she's late and should go to the front ASAP.

Random point 3: Largo dodged it, you can easely see that he jumped at the last second to evade it. Maximilian had Sylvaria to save him, he was in a tank so if the tank blewed up before he would be out he would be dead anyway so the tank blowed up after Sylvaria rescued him. Sylvaria may be weaker than this coma-valyria Alicia but if she put her energy to save one guys I'm pretty much sure she can do it before Alicia charge her attack. Also I doubt that the powerlevel will stay like this, I predict that next time Alicia goes into Valkyria mode she will be concious and thus a lot weaker than now. Don't forget that Valkyria can move insanely fast, at least at a speed that the human eyes can't catch and that was from the point of view of Sylvaria: someone who already can see bullet and walk through them so I guess it's a safe bet to say that they can go about sound speed.

Random point 4: I guess so, they are both successor of Valkyria power's. It's not something you can have randomly when you are born, it's from their family lineage. Also Sylvaria was found by Maximilian when she was little, it would have been stranger in my view if Sylvaria and Alicia hadn't any relation.

There's it's really less random when you do analyze things.

Read a few other posts. We already answered those issues.
Aug 29, 2009 1:20 AM

May 2008
i dun like the "Im not being myself " look on Alicia's face, and that was way too mch of an overkill , i was really just hoping for a show that doesnt have too mch one sided battles

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 29, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
greenmush said:
i dun like the "Im not being myself " look on Alicia's face, and that was way too mch of an overkill , i was really just hoping for a show that doesnt have too mch one sided battles

She was unconcious, it's normal that she don't look herself.
Aug 29, 2009 6:09 AM

Aug 2008
I hope Faldio will be executed after court anyway
Aug 29, 2009 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
Laevantein said:

No, it means that one has accepted his human nature and tries to do what he can with that while the other doesn't accept the world around him and his inability to do everything thinking there will be some God like solution to all things. But Welkin looks to be slowly maturing.

Let me say sum up Monad's words in another way: Welkin is a FAGGOT!

And if you like indecisive people who gets everything by doing nothing, then good for you. In the game he was still admirable to a certain extent, mostly because you're doing his job by making the right decisions during battles. Here he's just a random lieutenant who couldn't have gotten anything done without Alicia, Faldio, Rosie, Largo, and most importantly, Isara's assistance. In the end he gets Isara killed and Alicia's love, by going all emo then crying like he's being slaughtered. Cool...

Anyway I agree with everything Monad and Haowy said. <3 you guys. No wait, don't run away, I'm straight, I promise!

:D
Aug 29, 2009 10:33 PM

Sep 2007
at least ファルヂィオ had had purpose to killing アリシア, guy still sucks though...

she might just be more powerful considering she's been "awoken" and that little flashback セルベリア had was probably implicating that she'd disliked アリシア even as a child :/

Aug 29, 2009 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
It was a great episode, however, was ridiculous, Largo stay alive after a direct attack of the Selvaria -.- I was disappointed with the power given to Alice, should be something the same level of Selveria. But that's life ;/
I just hope the Selvaria grow stronger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 4:00 AM

May 2008
Awesome!!! Alicia Valkyria was fantastic!!! I almost feel bad for Falido finding out this way that Alica's true feelings lie with Welkin, but he freekin shot her! In the back too! Jerk wad! Only 5 more to go. Eeee this is so excitting!!!!
Aug 30, 2009 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Hool said:
It was a great episode, however, was ridiculous, Largo stay alive after a direct attack of the Selvaria -.- I was disappointed with the power given to Alice, should be something the same level of Selveria. But that's life ;/
I just hope the Selvaria grow stronger.

Are you blind, Largo dodged it ._.
Aug 30, 2009 6:55 AM

Jan 2009
maxime1007 said:

dodged lol, Matrix? You can dodge a bullet, a punch... but not a ray that destroys armies -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
Hool said:
maxime1007 said:

dodged lol, Matrix? You can dodge a bullet, a punch... but not a ray that destroys armies -.-
Actually Largo had 2 life, and he just wasted one of them
Aug 30, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2008
Hool said:
maxime1007 said:

14:32. You can see that Largo is going to jump to evade it.

It wasn't a direct attack, Sylvaria hitted the ground before Largo, it give enough time for him to know that it will be comming and thus evade it.
These blast sure are fast but not as fast as bullet, if you know where it's going it's possible to evade it. Tank can't because they are slow but for a human with decent reflex you can dodge it. Now I'm not talking about direct hit but Largo there clearly saw that it was comming and could dodge it.
Aug 30, 2009 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
The thing is though, that Selvaria hasn't missed, the beam wipes out a large area, and it was moving. Largo shouldn't have come out with no scratches, especially if a large chunk of land fell on top of him. It reeked of plot armor.
Aug 30, 2009 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
The thing is though, that Selvaria hasn't missed, the beam wipes out a large area, and it was moving. Largo shouldn't have come out with no scratches, especially if a large chunk of land fell on top of him. It reeked of plot armor.

I'll agree with that.
I never said that he shouldn't have no scratch, only that he have dodged the beam.
Aug 30, 2009 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
I think the idea of him dodging the beam is pushing it since no one has been able to escape it once it's headed towards them besides Largo.
Aug 30, 2009 11:13 AM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
I think the idea of him dodging the beam is pushing it since no one has been able to escape it once it's headed towards them besides Largo.

Well most of the time that Sylvaria aim straight, she mostly aim at tank and wuss who don't move at all since they aren't main character (the wonderfull rule of animation ._.). As I said the tank are slow and can't dodge it.
Some human tough can, the entire squad 1 got destroyed because Sylvaria did a 'horizontal slash' with her beam, rendering it impossible to dodge by jumping right or left. The little guy(Ramal I think?) still had the time to push Faldio when he saw the beam comming.

What I mean is that it was situational, this time Largo could dodge it but throw him the same thing that Squad 1 received and it's game over for him as well as squad 7.

Plot armor or not, they aren't as idiot as made Largo take the beam, who cut through tank, face on and survive, especially when you see largo is going to jump. The only possible explanation is that he dodged even if it could be by luck and reflex alone.
Aug 30, 2009 11:22 AM

Aug 2008
But even when the beam is pointed straight and not doing a sweeping movement it takes out a very wide area that has been inescapable for anyone else on the show. When I watched Largo jump, I just thought, "Not good enough, nice knowing you" and then he pops out unscathed under rubble, it's ludicrous. Especially considering the show's penchant for death lately, it's that much more strange. Isara was shot once, and dies, but Largo can jump away from a huge death ray?
Aug 30, 2009 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
But even when the beam is pointed straight and not doing a sweeping movement it takes out a very wide area that has been inescapable for anyone else on the show. When I watched Largo jump, I just thought, "Not good enough, nice knowing you" and then he pops out unscathed under rubble, it's ludicrous. Especially considering the show's penchant for death lately, it's that much more strange. Isara was shot once, and dies, but Largo can jump away from a huge death ray?
Well too bad for Isara, and Largo probably lucky enough to cheat the Shinigami
Aug 31, 2009 7:20 AM

Feb 2008
What a disappointing script! ;(

Normally I get the feeling that noteDhero and sometimes also Jacut tend to be overcritical with some shows (although their reasoning is always comprehensible). But this time I share the affliction in case of story development and direction. Its just ridiculous. *sigh*

But in case of Faldio I have to disagree with all the people labeling him as black-hearted retard. If you really think Faldio should be executed, then obviously you didnt get the story at all! Please refer to the text of Haowy and Monad (quotation below behind spoiler tags) and you might understand his actions. In fact, he is the only bright side of this show for me recently.

Faldio even said, that Alicia had to be on the verge of death in order to reveal her valkyria powers. So just telling her about it would have been futile.

"A hero is that kind of person who is responsible for the death of others"
Aug 31, 2009 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
ooooo ! seems Ima late to the party. I actually just found this *hidden side* to the forums <.<

Um just a few things I will comment.

1 - I think the Valkyrias are overpowered in general. I mean I'd rather see a Valkyria retain super natural speed, awesome blocking defense and funky glow with red eyes. Give them a sword/lance and they could cut thu a squad (Matrix style anyone ?). But come on, shooting blue plasma beams is just silly and Overpowered for a ww2 era. But I guess if thats how it is in the game, then so be it.

2 - Well this episode kinda makes me want to find out, Is Alicia a Purebreed Valkyria ! O_o . She was being controled by her unconscious mind and yet she still outpowered Selvaria. Just imagen if Alicia was conscious and in that form. Plus her eyes were darker red than Selvarias. If Alicias not a purebreed, ima be dissapointed!

As far Largo ? dam hes lucky. Just like Faldio was. He escaped death like Faldio. When the beam swept accross him I was like noooooooo LARGO ! I replayed the scene a few times trying to determin if he died or escaped, But all I could see is that he jumped across attempting trying to avoid it. Then when it shows him alive, he had fallen in a ditch and covered by rocks !! Similar way Faldio had escaped it. So why is he called a cheat ? I call it dam lucky!

One thing I dissapointed in the episode is, this was welkins oppitunity to become a true hero and they let the imperials off the hook too easily ? Why not counter attack and push the imperials out!. When Alicia beat Selvaria up, It was a HUGE momentum swing ! But Welkin failed to act and again missed the oppitunity.

Oh and as for Faldio, I've sorta forgiven him, but hes really skatting on thin ice, I hope his punishment is a lesser of sorts. But it depends on Captain Varrots opinion on the event. Shes in charge of the Militia afterall.
MarlsAug 31, 2009 10:14 PM
Coming soon!
Sep 1, 2009 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
Marls said:
ooooo ! seems Ima late to the party. I actually just found this *hidden side* to the forums <.<

Um just a few things I will comment.

1 - I think the Valkyrias are overpowered in general. I mean I'd rather see a Valkyria retain super natural speed, awesome blocking defense and funky glow with red eyes. Give them a sword/lance and they could cut thu a squad (Matrix style anyone ?). But come on, shooting blue plasma beams is just silly and Overpowered for a ww2 era. But I guess if thats how it is in the game, then so be it.

2 - Well this episode kinda makes me want to find out, Is Alicia a Purebreed Valkyria ! O_o . She was being controled by her unconscious mind and yet she still outpowered Selvaria. Just imagen if Alicia was conscious and in that form. Plus her eyes were darker red than Selvarias. If Alicias not a purebreed, ima be dissapointed!

As far Largo ? dam hes lucky. Just like Faldio was. He escaped death like Faldio. When the beam swept accross him I was like noooooooo LARGO ! I replayed the scene a few times trying to determin if he died or escaped, But all I could see is that he jumped across attempting trying to avoid it. Then when it shows him alive, he had fallen in a ditch and covered by rocks !! Similar way Faldio had escaped it. So why is he called a cheat ? I call it dam lucky!

One thing I dissapointed in the episode is, this was welkins oppitunity to become a true hero and they let the imperials off the hook too easily ? Why not counter attack and push the imperials out!. When Alicia beat Selvaria up, It was a HUGE momentum swing ! But Welkin failed to act and again missed the oppitunity.

Oh and as for Faldio, I've sorta forgiven him, but hes really skatting on thin ice, I hope his punishment is a lesser of sorts. But it depends on Captain Varrots opinion on the event. Shes in charge of the Militia afterall.

Yeah! Welcome to this part of the forums. it took me some time to discover it as well after i first join. But this is the best part. Talking with the others about an episode you saw and share your opinions.

I think you are mistaken about Welkin losing an opportunity. They were in there last line of defense and lost a big part of there forces. The Imperials might have fallen back but they still had more arm forces because they hadn't lost that much. So even with out Selvaria there defending lines were strong enough to stop an attack from an already beaten up and exhausted army. The only way it was possible, it was if Alicia was with them and as we saw she wasn't up to it. She lasted enough only to win against Selvaria. I think they were just glad they survived and could rest a little. They really didn't have the power to launch a counter attack at that moment.

As about Alicia, i think she was stronger because she was in that unconscious state.
Sep 1, 2009 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Marls said:

Yeah! Welcome to this part of the forums. it took me some time to discover it as well after i first join. But this is the best part. Talking with the others about an episode you saw and share your opinions.

Right, took me some time too actually : o (Think I had something like.. 50 posts made when summer began, and then it escalated : D)

As for the episode itself.. Oh wait, I've already stated my opinion earlier : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 1, 2009 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
Well I really want to see Welkin do something awesome, something that makes him similar to his father. Or even a heroic battle win that turns the fate of Gallia. This battle is why I called it an oppitunity, because *all* the odds and numbers were against them, and well if Welkin had pulled something special out from under his sleave and won the day against an overpowered Valkyria. It's something to be remembered. And if he'd raise the moral of gallia so high, who knows what they could do in a time of despiration.

Guess I want to see his spark and something great from him before the series ends. Hes won some good battles using tactics, But I would <3 to see a Heroic Victory ! If you played Medievil 2 total war you'd probably understand what I mean by heroic victory :/

But theres still time left, so I'll still wait (5 eps)

But I dont really understand how Alicia can be more powerful in an unconcious state. I would normally think, if both sides of the brain were awake, she'd utilize the racial power more effectively and co-ordinated. But then again, I am asuming this, unless you already do know the answer from the game.
Coming soon!
Sep 1, 2009 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
I'm confused. Hasn't Welkin already done a lot to prove himself as a competent leader? He's undefeated, cares about his squad, and focused enough to successful pull off an operation right after his sister's death (which was not his fault by the way).

Welkin isn't a flashy character. He gets the job done in a way that doesn't put his comrades in unnecessary danger. To ask for something out of character of him for the sake of the show being more generic is weird to me.
Sep 1, 2009 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
Marls said:

But I dont really understand how Alicia can be more powerful in an unconcious state. I would normally think, if both sides of the brain were awake, she'd utilize the racial power more effectively and co-ordinated. But then again, I am asuming this, unless you already do know the answer from the game.

Actually a semi conscious person moving on pure will can be a lot more dangerous than in normal state and that is what happened with Alicia. I had a personal experience of something similar in a fight once. I had a big argument with a guy and he actually grab my face with his hand and hit my head in the wall. After that i start losing sight and felt like fainting. The next thing i know i woke up and i was holding the guy by the neck with his back on the wall and his feet not even touching the ground. The guy was more heavy than me and normally i couldn't lift him like that even using both hands. And the minute i came to it i didn't have the power to hold him any more. I almost choke him to death.
So yeah people moving on senses with out being conscious of what they are doing, can be quite dangerous.
MonadSep 1, 2009 1:25 PM
Sep 2, 2009 1:01 AM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
I'm confused. Hasn't Welkin already done a lot to prove himself as a competent leader? He's undefeated, cares about his squad, and focused enough to successful pull off an operation right after his sister's death (which was not his fault by the way).

Welkin isn't a flashy character. He gets the job done in a way that doesn't put his comrades in unnecessary danger. To ask for something out of character of him for the sake of the show being more generic is weird to me.

Welkin couldn't have made it this far without the help of his squad and Faldio's squad. However, we do not see him often giving credit to the people who helped him. He received many honorable mentions and respect from some superiors, but not once (I may be bias here because I can't really recall) did he mentioned that it was a joint effort by everyone that had supported him in the operations.

As for the people wondering about Alicia's power, normally when you are concious, you may tend to be weaker because your thoughts, emotions, and morality can hold you back from doing something you may regret. In other words, you know where to draw the line so you do not go over it. This means that a consious person may not be capable of fully maximizing his/her potential. So I would say it makes sense that Alicia in her unconcious state would be stronger than if she was aware of what she was doing.
Sep 3, 2009 11:55 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:

mmm well I have liked what hes done and his success. Maybe I was kinda hoping he'd rise to the heroic level. But still 5 eps to go. Imperials must still have something up there sleave.

As for Alicia,your explanation is plausable. But generally emotions can get the best out of you. When Alicia was crying, the Kriptonite was glowing brighter than it ever had.

I dont know whats going to happen next, would be a shame if Alicia couldnt be as awesome as she just was. Maybe if shes fighting to protect Welkin or squad 7, we'd see that power unleashed again. Well thats what I hope.
MarlsSep 3, 2009 11:58 AM
Coming soon!
Sep 3, 2009 12:48 PM
Nov 2008
Awesome episode ! That's what I'm talking about ! Wohoo..badass Alicia
Sep 3, 2009 11:12 PM

Aug 2007
I have to agree with all of noteDhero's posts in this thread; the animation was absolutely horrid, bad developments are just retarded, and there was absolutely no way that Largo should have survived that blast from Selvaria; plot armor indeed.

I can't believe that people are lapping this crap up; oh wait, it's MAL.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 4, 2009 3:53 AM

Mar 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
I have to agree with all of noteDhero's posts in this thread; the animation was absolutely horrid, bad developments are just retarded, and there was absolutely no way that Largo should have survived that blast from Selvaria; plot armor indeed.

I can't believe that people are lapping this crap up; oh wait, it's MAL.

Unless he fell into a deep enough ditch like Faldio did. His chances were *low* but he came thu it seems. Lady luck was on his side ^_^

Bet ya his life flash before him :p
MarlsSep 4, 2009 4:02 AM
Coming soon!
Sep 6, 2009 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
awesome episode. :]
i feel bad for Faldio..
he now knows that Alicia's feelings is for Welkin..
general damon is a coward~ haha

Alicia has awesome power!
and what is her connection to selvaria?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 6, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2008
Intense episode is intense.
Sep 12, 2009 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
canephalanx said:
Intense episode is intense.

dont have much more to add. pure awesomeness.

Sep 17, 2009 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
alicia + valkyria powers = god haxes! no one could stop her!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 4, 2009 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
i was just waiting for alicia to mutter: "Welkin..." as faldio was trying to wake her... but it was awesome how welkin's voice itself made her wake up... couldn't have done it better myself.
Oct 5, 2009 11:00 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode, it was nice to see Selveria's run with her tail between her legs for once. Wow, Alicia appears to be even stronger then her, she didn't even break a sweat. Almost seems like she did it unconsciously too.
Nov 22, 2009 12:20 AM

Feb 2008
Besides the horrid animation and the fact that Lelou..I meant Maximillian escaped that death trap of a tank, the episode was okay.

So what if Largo made that miraculous escape. He's a cool guy so he deserves it, lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.